Viking Vilhjalm Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Vilhjalm
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Owner||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Beryl Gibson|
Review of Viking Vilhjalm
The Viking Vilhjalm boat cruises on Danube River in Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, departing from Nurnberg, Budapest and Passau.
Viking Vilhjalm is among the newest longships in Viking River Cruises fleet. The riverboat features efficiency of public spaces, including the line's signature lounge Aquavit Terrace and numerous cabins with a private balcony. Each of the Viking's longship-class boats also has two of the largest suites on an European river cruise ship, each with a separate bedroom and living room. Viking longship Njord has two Explorer Suites featuring 270-degree scenery views and private wraparound balconies. The boat's 7 Veranda Suites are with two separate rooms a living room with veranda and a bedroom with French balcony. There are also 39 Veranda Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms and 22 French Balcony Staterooms. The Observation lounge has floor-to-ceiling glass doors for panoramic views. The Aquavit Terrace (indoor-outdoor lounge) is located at the ship's bow. The Sun Deck has shaded sitting area and offers 360-degree scenery views.
Viking Vilhjalm river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Vilhjalm cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Vilhjalm river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "DANUBE WALTZ" are 7-days river cruises from Budapest to Passau, and the reverse from Passau to Budapest. These deals offer 4 countries to visit and 6 complimentary land tours/excursions, with an optional 3-night Prague luxury hotel package (Czech Republic). Passau embarkation includes bus transfer from Munich to Passau.
The Danube Waltz itinerary has duration of 14-days (between Budapest and Passau) with one-way departures from Budapest (Hungary) and Passau (Germany). Bratislava (Slovakia), Vienna (Austria), Melk and Dürnstein (Austria) and Linz (Austria), with price-inclusive overnight stays in both departure ports (Passau, Budapest).
- 14-days PASSAU TO BUDAPEST cruises depart on: April 27; May 11, 25; June 8, 22; July 6, 20; August 3, 17, 31; September 14, 28, October 12, 26.
- 14-days BUDAPEST TO PASSAU cruises depart on: May 4, 18; June 1, 15, 29; July 13, 27; August 10, 24; September 7, 21, October 5, 19.
- Prices per person start from around USD 3000 per person.
Viking Vilhjalm wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a not-opening window).
- Restaurants: Vilhjalm (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Vilhjalm Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, shaffleboard). The Vilhjalm longship doesn’t have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Vilhjalm cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Vilhjalm boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Vilhjalm is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other Viking Cruises cruise ships
Viking Vilhjalm Itineraries 2017
The below listed Viking Vilhjalm cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Viking Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|29 Oct||Departing from Passau, Germany|
|30 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Passau, Germany|
|31 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Linz, Austria|
|01 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Melk, Austria|
|01 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Durnstein, Austria|
|02 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Vienna, Austria|
|03 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Bratislava, Slovakia|
|04 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Budapest, Hungary|
|05 Nov||Arriving in Budapest, Hungary|