Wilderness Adventurer Review and Specifications
Specifications of Wilderness Adventurer
|Year built||1984 / Age : 33|
|Builder||Blount Boats Inc (Warren, Rhode Island USA)|
|Class||ice-strengthened expedition ship|
|Owner||InnerSea Discoveries Alaska Inc|
|Speed||10 kn / 19 kph / 12 mph|
|Length (LOA)||49 m / 161 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||639 gt|
|Passengers||60 - 67|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Former names||Caribbean Prince|
Review of Wilderness Adventurer
Wilderness Adventurer was built in 1984 by “Blount Boats” ship building company.
History - construction & ownership
The 639-ton, 60-passenger cruise ship Wilderness Adventurer was completely overhauled after bought from her former owner Glacier Bay Cruises (now defunct). Wilderness Discoverer is Adventurer’s sister ship and also sails in Southeast Alaska during summer months. Ship’s hull design and her shallow draft allow easy access to Alaska’s wildlife and a variety of adventure excursions. Each Un-Cruise Adventures’ ship navigates together with a fishing boat that is fully-equipped.
Un-Cruise Adventures (formerly American Safari Cruises) is an USA-based, wholly-owned cruise company, a subsidiary of InnerSea Discoveries Alaska. In 2013, the American Safari Cruises line was renamed to "Un-Cruise Adventures".. Currently the cruise company has 2 headquarters - main headquarters in Seattle WA and second in Juneau AK.
Cruise itinerary program
Wilderness Adventurer has 3 passenger decks and only 30 cabins, all of which are Oceanview. The cabin grades number is 3.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Meals onboard the Wilderness Adventurer are served buffet-style at set times. Soda, juice and lemonade are included in cruise price. The pastry chef guarantees guests will replenish calories quickly.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Wilderness Adventurer has a Spa area with sauna, massage room and a hot tub. The adventure equipment includes paddle boards, kayaks, inflatable skiffs, hydrophone and underwater camera (linked to yacht’s lounge and stateroom TVs).
Wilderness Adventurer wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 3
- Total number of cabins: 30 (of which all are Oceanview).
- Restaurants and food bars: Dining Room.
- Lounges & Bars: Main Lounge (evokes the feel of a neighborhood pub or National Park Lodge), Lounge, Bar.
- Spa area (with jacuzzi, sauna, massage, fitness equipment, yoga classes), kayaks, paddle boards, expedition gear, bow viewing area, swim step and kayak launching platform, bow-mounted underwater camera, library.
- Wilderness Adventurer cruise ship was among the first vessels launched by the Seattle-based Un-Cruise line. This new company is run by veterans from the now-defunct Cruise West. The ship was bought from another defunct Alaskan line - Glacier Bay Cruises. After a complete refit, in 2011 summer the ship went into service.
- Sister ship is Wilderness Discoverer - both offering Alaska cruise deals in the summer.
- The hull design and shallow draft of Wilderness Adventurer allow easy access to the wildlife of Southeast Alaska. Each one of the Un-Cruise Adventures ships has a fully-equipped fishing boat to travel with. The sun deck features a sauna, jacuzzi, fitness equipment. The observation deck allows viewing from the bow. The ship's equipment includes stand-up paddle boards and kayaks, inflatable skiffs, hiking poles, hydrophone (for listening to sounds below water surface). The underwater camera is linked to the lounge and all cabin TVs.