ms Cyrano de Bergerac Review and Specifications
Specifications of ms Cyrano de Bergerac
|Year built||2013 / Age : 5|
|Builder||CroisiEurope Shipyard (Strasbourg, France)|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||111 m / 364 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1500 gt|
|Passengers||87 - 174|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of ms Cyrano de Bergerac
MS Cyrano de Bergerac ship cruises on Dordogne and Garonne rivers in France, leaving out of Bordeaux. Itineraries also include the Gironde Estuary. This riverboat operates on Gironde River together with the CroisiEurope ship Princesse dAquitaine.
The riverboat has 87 passenger cabins (equally sized at 140 ft2 / 13 m2), including 1 cabin equipped for disabled. Main Deck staterooms are with riverview porthole windows (non-opening). Middle Deck cabins are with picture windows (also non-opening). Upper Deck cabins are with French balconies (slide-opening windows). As amenities, each stateroom has private bathroom (WC, sink, shower cabin), satellite TV, radio, phone (only for internal calls), hairdryer, personal safe, individual air-conditioning. The ship's amenities and facilities include a lounge (with its own bar, dance floor, outdoor terrace), a dining room restaurant, upper deck lounge with a terrace, sundeck relaxation area (with loungers, deckchairs, served terrace lounge), gift shop, library, elevator, complimentary bicycles and Wi-Fi Internet usage. The provided by CroisiEurope gourmet dining options on the ship, along with the organized tours with themed food and wine tastings allow guests to enjoy the local cuisine and wines along the cruise itinerary routes. The Cyrano de Bergerac ship’s Dordogne and Garonne river cruise itineraries from Bordeaux are themed:
- "A Renowned Land of Plenty" - visits PAUILLAC - BLAYE - LIBOURNE - ST EMILION - CADILLAC
- "Nature's authentic heritage" - visits LIBOURNE (BOURG) - ST EMILION - PAUILLAC - BLAYE
- "The Gironde Estuary and the Garonne River" - visits PAUILLAC - BLAYE - LIBOURNE (BOURG) - ST EMILION
- "The Heart of the Bordeaux Vineyards" - visits PAUILLAC - LIBOURNE - ST EMILION - CADILLAC
- "Three Mighty Rivers" - visits PAUILLAC - BLAYE - LIBOURNE - ST EMILION - CADILLAC
Among the tours and excursions along the Cyrano de Bergerac ship's Bordeaux cruise itineraries are:
- Bordeaux (embarkation) - sailing on Garonne River, then on Gironde River (before the arrival in Pauillac), Medoc (red wines region, wine tasting tour)
- Gironde estuary, arrival in Blaye (guided tour, overnight stay), Corniche excursion (optional) or Bourg vineyards (hiking tour)
- Dordogne River, arrival in Libourne (Saint-Emilion excursion /optional)
- passing by Cazeau Island and Bordeaux City, arrival in Cadillac (overnight stay, guided tour, Roquetaillade Castle excursion)
- Bordeaux (overnight stay before disembarkation) - guided bus tour (city attractions)
- Libourne (overnight stay) - Saint-Laurent-des-Combes (hiking tour, wine tasting) or Saint Emilion church (excursion)
- River Garonne, passing the Cazeau Island and the Patiras Island, arrival in Pauillac (overnight stay) - St Seurinoise loop (hiking tour) or Medoc vineyards (excursion, wine tasting)
- Bordeaux (overnight stay before disembarkation) - full day optional excursions: to Arcachon Bay or to Cognac (wine region)
The CroisiEurope line also owns the Dordogne-Garonne riverboat Princesse d’Aquitaine.
MS Cyrano de Bergerac cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative CroisiEurope cruise rates. They might be different when you book your CroisiEurope Cyrano de Bergerac cruise deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Know, that CroisiEurope cruises in France are price-inclusive of all beverages (coffee, tea, juices, soda drinks, also wine and beer at lunches and dinners), but tours and excursions ashore are optional and cost extra.
ms Cyrano de Bergerac wiki
- Cabin grades number: 5
- Total number of cabins: 87 (all of which riverview, no suites, 1 for disabled).
- Cabins - Main Deck (25 double with porthole windows), Middle Deck (25 double, 1 disabled), Upper Deck (41 double)
- Restaurants: restaurant
- Lounges & Bars: lounge with bar (dance floor), bar (TV, video, terrace), sun deck (loungers), French balconies, gift shop, terrace, wi-fi (payable on board).
- The Cyrano de Bergerac ship cruises on Garonnne, Dordogne and Gironde estuary (in southwest France) leaving from Bordeaux. The line's other boat in this region is ms Princesse d’Aquitaine.
- From the same class are the CroisiEurope ships Gerard Schmitter, L’Europe, Vivaldi, and the line's Portugal ships Fernao De Magalhaes, Gil Eanes, Infante Don Henrique, Vasco de Gama.
- The CroisiEurope cruise company is family owned and based in Strasbourg, France. Established in 1976, this premium line operates all aspects of its cruises: from the vessel building (design and construction) to cuisine and hotel services. CroisiEurope is among Europe's largest cruise line companies.
- CroisiEurope river cruise deals are inclusive of soft drinks and alcohol (wine and beer with lunch and dinner (year-round). The line offers deals inclusive of unlimited drinks during the Europe's high season (April through October) each year. However, unlike most river cruise lines, CroisiEurope charges its guests additionally for shore excursions.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.