ms Douce France Review and Specifications
Specifications of ms Douce France
|Year built||1997 / Age : 21|
|Builder||Meuse & Sambre Shipyard (Beez-Namur, Belgium)|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||111 m / 364 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1500 gt|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Former names||Douce France 2|
Review of ms Douce France
MS Douce France ship cruises on Rhine river (in Germany and Holland) departing from Strasbourg (France) on round-trip itineraries, and also on one-ways leaving from Antwerp (Belgium) and from Amsterdam (Holland).
Note: In 2017, the boat was drydock refurbished and upgraded and in June renamed to "MS Douce France II". During the vessel reconstruction, its cabins were reduced from 79 to 62. Ship's passenger capacity was also reduced - from 160 to 116.
The riverboat has a total of 62 passenger cabins (equally sized at 108 ft2 / 10 m2), including 2 suites, 4 single cabins, 55 double cabins, 1 handicap. Before 2017 staterooms included 1 suite, 4 triple and 2 single. Main Deck staterooms are with Porthole windows (non-opening). Upper Deck cabins have large Picture Windows (also non-opening). As amenities, each stateroom has private bathroom (WC, sink, shower cubicle), flat TV (satellite reception), radio, phone (only for internal calls), hairdryer, electronic safe, individual air-conditioning.
The ship's amenities and facilities include a lounge (with a dance floor and its own bar), a dining room (Douce France Restaurant), sundeck relaxation area (with shaded seating, loungers and deckchairs), gift shop, library, also complimentary bicycles and Wi-Fi Internet usage. The provided by CroisiEurope gourmet dining options on the ship, along with the organized tours with themed food and wine tasting events allow the Douce France's guests to sample the local traditional cuisine and fine European wines along the cruise itinerary routes.
- MS Douce France cruises in Europe (on Moselle-Main-Rhine rivers) with 4 to 7 days long itineraries that visit small towns and cities in Germany, Holland and Switzerland.
- France Christmas Market river cruises in Strasbourg are offered during the December Holidays. The itinerary has duration of 3-days and includes inner city Strasbourg canal cruising with both touring and Christmas shopping options.
MS Douce France cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative CroisiEurope cruise rates. They might be different when you book your CroisiEurope Douce France cruise deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Know, that CroisiEurope cruises on Rhine are price-inclusive of all beverages (coffee, tea, juices, soda drinks, also wine and beer at lunches and dinners), but tours and excursions ashore are optional and cost extra.
ms Douce France wiki
- Cabin grades number: 5
- Total number of cabins: 79 (all of which riverview, 1 suite, 2 singles, none for disabled)
- Cabins - Main Deck (44 double, 4 triple, 2 single, 1 suite), Upper Deck (28 double)
- Restaurants: restaurant
- Lounges & Bars: lounge with bar (dance floor), bar, sun deck (deck chairs), gift shop, wi-fi (payable on board).
- The Douce France ship cruises on Rhine river (in Northeast Europe).
- The CroisiEurope cruise company is family owned and based in Strasbourg, France. Established in 1976, this premium line operates all aspects of its cruises: from the vessel building (design and construction) to cuisine and hotel services. CroisiEurope is among Europe's largest cruise line companies.
- CroisiEurope river cruise deals are inclusive of soft drinks and alcohol (wine and beer with lunch and dinner (year-round). The line offers deals inclusive of unlimited drinks during the Europe's high season (April through October) each year. However, unlike most river cruise lines, CroisiEurope charges its guests additionally for shore excursions.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.