ms Fernao de Magalhaes Review and Specifications
Specifications of ms Fernao de Magalhaes
Review of ms Fernao de Magalhaes
The Fernao De Magalhaes boat cruises on Douro River in Portugal (wine region). Itineraries depart from Paris and Honfleur.
The CroisiEurope Fernao De Magalhaes ship has 71 passenger cabins (equally sized at 129 ft2 / 12 m2). Main Deck staterooms are with riverview windows (non-opening). Middle Deck and Upper Deck cabins are with French balconies (slide-opening windows). Upper Deck additionally has 2 Suite accommodations with private verandas (terraces). As amenities, each stateroom has private bathroom (WC, sink, shower cabin), wardrobe/closet, satellite TV, radio, phone (only for internal calls), hairdryer, personal safe, individual air-conditioning. The ship's amenities and facilities include a lounge (with a dance floor and its own bar), a dining room (Fernao De Magalhaes restaurant), upper deck lounge with a terrace, sundeck relaxation area (with shaded seating, loungers and deckchairs), gift shop, library, elevator, also complimentary Wi-Fi Internet usage. The Fernao De Magalhaes ship’s Douro river cruise itinerary is in Portugal, with optional tours to Spain. The ship is leaving from Porto on roundtrip itineraries. The provided by CroisiEurope gourmet dining options on the ship, along with the organized tours with themed food and wine tasting events allow the Fernao De Magalhaes's guests to enjoy the local Portuguese cuisine and wines along the cruise itinerary routes.
CroisiEurope Douro River cruise itineraries
The Fernao De Magalhaes ship’s Douro river cruise itineraries from Porto are themed:
- (code PPH_PP) "Porto, Douro Valley and Salamanca" (Portugal and Spain) - 8 days with two overnights in Porto (after embarkation and before disembarkation).
- (code POB) "Pleasant Portugal" - 6 days Douro Valley cruise (two overnights in Porto).
- (code POF_ETE) "Douro Valley and Salamanca " (Portugal and Spain cruise-only deals, flights/transfers are not Included) - 8 days with an overnight in Porto before disembarkation.
- (code POI) "Douro Valley and Salamanca" - 8 days (6 day cruising) deals are inclusive of 3-star Lisbon hotel package - day 1 (evening arrival, hotel dinner), day 2 (guided city tour, Belem Cultural Center, Jeronimos Monastery, afternoon scenic bus tour), day 3 (bus travel from Lisbon to Coimbra /afternoon arrival, bus travel to Porto for embarkation).
Among the tours and excursions along the Fernao De Magalhaes ship’s Porto cruise itineraries are:
- (day 1) Porto - embarkation (welcome aboard cocktail), guided tour (optional, with wine tasting)
- (day 2) Regua (afternoon arrival, overnight stay) - Lamego (guided excursion)
- (day 3) Vila Real (bus excursion, Casa de Mateus), boarding in Pinhao, evening arrival in Barca d'Alva (overnight stay, Flamenco show on board)
- (day 4) arrival in Vega de Teron (Spain, disembarkation) - Salamanca (UNESCO site / guided excursion), re-boarding in Vega de Teron, evening arrival in Senhora de Ribeira (overnight stay, themed entertainment)
- (day 5) arrival in Ferradosa - "Wines of Porto" (vineyards route /wine tasting tour), afternoon Douro Valley cruising to Entre Os Rios (overnight stay, Gala Dinner event)
- (day 6) Douro Valley cruise to Porto (afternoon arrival, overnight stay) - guided tour (optional), Fado music entertainment on the ship
- (day 7) Porto (free time) - Aveiro (afternoon bus excursion), overnight stay, themed folklore entertainment on the ship.
- The 6-day "Pleasant Portugal" cruise itinerary visits Porto Antigo (afternoon arrival on day 3, overnight stay)- Solar de Mateus (house & gardens / optional excursion).
- The cruiseonly deals (POF_ETE) additionally include the optional winecellar tour (porto white wine tasting in Folgosa /Armamar) - disembarkation and re-boarding the ship in Ferradosa, with afternoon cruising to Leverinho (overnight stay, Portuguese folklore themed entertainment on the boat).
MS Fernao de Magalhaes cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative CroisiEurope Portugal cruise rates. They might be different when you book your CroisiEurope Douro river cruise deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Know, that CroisiEurope cruises in Portugal are price-inclusive of all beverages (coffee, tea, juices, soda drinks, also wine and beer at lunches and dinners), but tours and excursions ashore are optional and cost extra. Until we list here all 2016 dates, see in the following table a list of exemplary itineraries with prices per person.
ms Fernao de Magalhaes wiki
Year built 2003
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 142 / 20
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 1200 tons / 245 ft (75 m)
Flag State (registered in) France
Ship builder Namur (Belgium)
Ship owner and Operator CroisiEurope
Christened by -
Official website link croisieuroperivercruises.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other CroisiEurope cruise ships
ms Fernao de Magalhaes Itineraries 2017
The below listed ms Fernao de Magalhaes cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest CroisiEurope fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.