ms Fernao de Magalhaes Review and Specifications
Specifications of ms Fernao de Magalhaes
|Year built||2003 / Age : 14|
|Builder||Meuse & Sambre Shipyard (Beez-Namur, Belgium)|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||75 m / 246 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1200 gt|
|Passengers||71 - 142|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of ms Fernao de Magalhaes
MS Fernao De Magalhaes ship cruises on Douro River in Portugal (wine region). Itineraries are round-trips leaving from Oporto Portugal. This riverboat cruises in Portugal together with the CroisiEurope ships Vasco de Gama, Gil Eanes, Infante Don Henrique, Miguel Torga.
The riverboat has 71 passenger cabins (equally sized at 129 ft2 / 12 m2), including 5 cabins with 2 single beds. Main Deck staterooms are with riverview windows (non-opening). Middle Deck and Upper Deck cabins are with French balconies (slide-opening windows). Upper Deck additionally has 2 Suite accommodations with private verandas (terraces). As amenities, each stateroom has private bathroom (WC, sink, shower cabin), wardrobe/closet, satellite TV, radio, phone (only for internal calls), hairdryer, personal safe, individual air-conditioning. The ship's amenities and facilities include a lounge (with a dance floor and its own bar), a dining room (Fernao De Magalhaes restaurant), upper deck lounge with a terrace, sundeck relaxation area (with shaded seating, loungers and deckchairs), gift shop, library, elevator, also complimentary Wi-Fi Internet usage. The Fernao De Magalhaes ship’s Douro river cruise itinerary is in Portugal, with optional tours to Spain. The ship is leaving from Porto on roundtrip itineraries. The provided by CroisiEurope gourmet dining options on the ship, along with the organized tours with themed food and wine tasting events allow the Fernao De Magalhaes's guests to enjoy the local Portuguese cuisine and wines along the cruise itinerary routes.
CroisiEurope Douro River cruise itineraries
The Fernao De Magalhaes ship’s Douro river cruise itineraries from Porto are themed:
- (code PPH_PP) "Porto, Douro Valley and Salamanca" (Portugal and Spain) - 8 days with two overnights in Porto (after embarkation and before disembarkation).
- (code POB) "Pleasant Portugal" - 6 days Douro Valley cruise (two overnights in Porto).
- (code POF_ETE) "Douro Valley and Salamanca " (Portugal and Spain cruise-only deals, flights/transfers are not Included) - 8 days with an overnight in Porto before disembarkation.
- (code POI) "Douro Valley and Salamanca" - 8 days (6 day cruising) deals are inclusive of 3-star Lisbon hotel package - day 1 (evening arrival, hotel dinner), day 2 (guided city tour, Belem Cultural Center, Jeronimos Monastery, afternoon scenic bus tour), day 3 (bus travel from Lisbon to Coimbra /afternoon arrival, bus travel to Porto for embarkation).
Among the tours and excursions along the Fernao De Magalhaes ship’s Porto cruise itineraries are:
- (day 1) Porto - embarkation (welcome aboard cocktail), guided tour (optional, with wine tasting)
- (day 2) Regua (afternoon arrival, overnight stay) - Lamego (guided excursion)
- (day 3) Vila Real (bus excursion, Casa de Mateus), boarding in Pinhao, evening arrival in Barca d'Alva (overnight stay, Flamenco show on board)
- (day 4) arrival in Vega de Teron (Spain, disembarkation) - Salamanca (UNESCO site / guided excursion), re-boarding in Vega de Teron, evening arrival in Senhora de Ribeira (overnight stay, themed entertainment)
- (day 5) arrival in Ferradosa - "Wines of Porto" (vineyards route /wine tasting tour), afternoon Douro Valley cruising to Entre Os Rios (overnight stay, Gala Dinner event)
- (day 6) Douro Valley cruise to Porto (afternoon arrival, overnight stay) - guided tour (optional), Fado music entertainment on the ship
- (day 7) Porto (free time) - Aveiro (afternoon bus excursion), overnight stay, themed folklore entertainment on the ship.
- The 6-day "Pleasant Portugal" cruise itinerary visits Porto Antigo (afternoon arrival on day 3, overnight stay)- Solar de Mateus (house & gardens / optional excursion).
- The cruiseonly deals (POF_ETE) additionally include the optional winecellar tour (porto white wine tasting in Folgosa /Armamar) - disembarkation and re-boarding the ship in Ferradosa, with afternoon cruising to Leverinho (overnight stay, Portuguese folklore themed entertainment on the boat).
MS Fernao de Magalhaes cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative CroisiEurope Portugal cruise rates. They might be different when you book your CroisiEurope Douro river cruise deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Know, that CroisiEurope cruises in Portugal are price-inclusive of all beverages (coffee, tea, juices, soda drinks, also wine and beer at lunches and dinners), but tours and excursions ashore are optional and cost extra. Until we list here all 2016 dates, see in the following table a list of exemplary itineraries with prices per person.
ms Fernao de Magalhaes wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 2
- Total number of cabins: 71 (all of which riverview, no suites, none for disabled)
- Cabins - Main Deck (15 double), Middle Deck (18 double), Upper Deck (38 double)
- Restaurants: restaurant
- Lounges & Bars: lounge with bar (dance floor), bar, sun deck (deck chairs), gift shop, elevator, wi-fi (payable on board).
- The CroisiEurope cruise company is family owned and based in Strasbourg, France. Established in 1976, this premium line operates all aspects of its cruises: from the vessel building (design and construction) to cuisine and hotel services. CroisiEurope is among Europe's largest cruise line companies.
- CroisiEurope river cruise deals are inclusive of soft drinks and alcohol (wine and beer with lunch and dinner (year-round). The line offers deals inclusive of unlimited drinks during the Europe's high season (April through October) each year. However, unlike most river cruise lines, CroisiEurope charges its guests additionally for shore excursions.
- The Fernao de Magalhaes ship cruises on Douro river in Portugal and Spain (with round-trip itinerary from Porto, Portugal). From the same class are the CroisiEurope ships Cyrano de Bergerac, Gerard Schmitter, L’Europe, Vivaldi, and the line's Portugal ships Gil Eanes, Infante Don Henrique, Vasco de Gama.
- Other major European river cruise lines' ships in Portugal are the AmaWaterways' AmaVida, the Viking Cruises longships Hemming, Torgil, Osfrid, also Scenic Azure and the Uniworld's Queen Isabel.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.