ms Gerard Schmitter Review and Specifications
Specifications of ms Gerard Schmitter
|Year built||2012 / Age : 6|
|Builder||Meuse & Sambre Shipyard (Beez-Namur, Belgium)|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||111 m / 364 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1500 gt|
|Passengers||88 - 176|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of ms Gerard Schmitter
MS Gerard Schmitter ship cruises on Rhine river (departing from Strasbourg France and also from Antwerp Belgium and Amsterdam Holland). In the summer, the ship cruises on Danube river leaving from Budapest Hungary and Tulcea Romania.
The riverboat has 88 passenger cabins (equally sized at 140 ft2 / 13 m2), including 13 with double beds and 1 equipped for disabled. Main Deck staterooms are with riverview Porthole windows (non-opening). Middle Deck rooms have large Picture Windows (also non-opening). Upper Deck cabins are with French balconies (slide-opening windows). As amenities, each stateroom has private bathroom (WC, sink, shower cabin), satellite TV, radio, phone (only for internal calls), hairdryer, personal safe, individual air-conditioning.
The ship's amenities and facilities include a lounge (with a dance floor and its own bar), a dining room (Gerard Schmitter Restaurant), upper deck lounge with a terrace, sundeck relaxation area (with shaded seating, loungers and deckchairs), gift shop, library, elevator, also complimentary bicycles and Wi-Fi Internet usage. The provided by CroisiEurope gourmet dining options on the ship, along with the organized tours with themed food and wine tasting events allow the Gerard Schmitter's guests to sample the local traditional cuisine and fine European wines along the cruise itinerary routes.
- The MS Gerard Schmitter's Rhine and Danube river cruise itineraries in Europe visit small towns and river port cities in Germany, Austria, Holland (The Netherlands), Hungary, Serbia, Romania.
- France Christmas Market river cruises in Strasbourg are offered during the December Holidays. The itinerary has duration of 3-days and includes inner city Strasbourg canal cruising with both touring and Christmas shopping options.
MS Gerard Schmitter cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative CroisiEurope cruise rates. They might be different when you book your CroisiEurope Gerard Schmitter cruise deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Know, that CroisiEurope cruises on Rhine and Danube are price-inclusive of all beverages (coffee, tea, juices, soda drinks, also wine and beer at lunches and dinners), but tours and excursions ashore are optional and cost extra.
ms Gerard Schmitter wiki
- Cabin grades number: 3
- Total number of cabins: 88 (all of which riverview, no suites, 1 for disabled).
- Cabins - Main Deck (25 double), Middle Deck (20 double, 1 disabled), Upper Deck (41 double)
- Restaurants: restaurant
- Lounges & Bars: lounge with bar (dance floor), bar, sun deck (deck chairs), terrace, French balconies, gift shop, elevator, wi-fi (payable on board).
- The Gerard Schmitter ship cruises on Rhine River in Europe.The vessel was christened on 10 April 2012 and named after the company's founder, who died in February same year.
- The CroisiEurope cruise company is family owned and based in Strasbourg, France. Established in 1976, this premium line operates all aspects of its cruises: from the vessel building (design and construction) to cuisine and hotel services. CroisiEurope is among Europe's largest cruise line companies.
- CroisiEurope river cruise deals are inclusive of soft drinks and alcohol (wine and beer with lunch and dinner (year-round). The line offers deals inclusive of unlimited drinks during the Europe's high season (April through October) each year. However, unlike most river cruise lines, CroisiEurope charges its guests additionally for shore excursions.
- From the same class are the CroisiEurope ships Cyrano de Bergerac, L’Europe, Vivaldi, and the line's Portugal ships Fernao De Magalhaes, Gil Eanes, Infante Don Henrique, Vasco de Gama.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.