ms Princesse d'Aquitaine Review and Specifications
Specifications of ms Princesse d'Aquitaine
|Year built||2001 / Age : 16|
|Builder||CroisiEurope Shipyard (Strasbourg, France)|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1500 gt|
|Passengers||69 - 138|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of ms Princesse d'Aquitaine
MS Princesse d’Aquitaine ship cruises on Dordogne and Garonne rivers in France, leaving out of Bordeaux. Itineraries also include the Gironde Estuary. This riverboat operates on Gironde River together with the CroisiEurope ship Cyrano de Bergerac.
The riverboat has 69 passenger cabins (equally sized at 140 ft2 / 13 m2), including 1 suite. Main Deck staterooms are with riverview picture windows (non-opening). Upper Deck cabins are also with non-opening picture windows. This ship has no French balconies (slide-opening windows). As amenities, each stateroom has private bathroom (WC, sink, shower cabin), satellite TV, radio, phone (only for internal calls), hairdryer, personal safe, individual air-conditioning. The ship's amenities and facilities include a lounge (with its own bar and dance floor), a dining room restaurant, sundeck relaxation area (with loungers and deckchairs), gift shop, library, complimentary bicycles and Wi-Fi Internet usage. The provided by CroisiEurope gourmet dining options on the ship, along with the organized tours with themed food and wine tastings allow guests to enjoy the local cuisine and wines along the cruise itinerary routes. The Princesse d’Aquitaine ship’s Dordogne and Garonne river cruise itineraries from Bordeaux are themed:
- "A Renowned Land of Plenty" - visits PAUILLAC - BLAYE - LIBOURNE - ST EMILION - CADILLAC
- "Nature's authentic heritage" - visits LIBOURNE (BOURG) - ST EMILION - PAUILLAC - BLAYE
- "The Gironde Estuary and the Garonne River" - visits PAUILLAC - BLAYE - LIBOURNE (BOURG) - ST EMILION
- "The Heart of the Bordeaux Vineyards" - visits PAUILLAC - LIBOURNE - ST EMILION - CADILLAC
- "Three Mighty Rivers" - visits PAUILLAC - BLAYE - LIBOURNE - SAINT-EMILION - CADILLAC
Among the tours and excursions along the Princesse d’Aquitaine ship's Bordeaux cruise itineraries are:
- Bordeaux (embarkation) - sailing on Garonne River, then on Gironde River (before the arrival in Pauillac), Medoc (red wines region, wine tasting tour)
- Gironde estuary, arrival in Blaye (guided tour, overnight stay), Corniche excursion (optional) or Bourg vineyards (hiking tour)
- Dordogne River, arrival in Libourne (Saint-Emilion excursion /optional)
- passing by Cazeau Island and Bordeaux City, arrival in Cadillac (overnight stay, guided tour, Roquetaillade Castle excursion)
- Bordeaux (overnight stay before disembarkation) - guided bus tour (city attractions)
- Libourne (overnight stay) - Saint-Laurent-des-Combes (hiking tour, wine tasting) or Saint Emilion church (excursion)
- River Garonne, passing the Cazeau Island and the Patiras Island, arrival in Pauillac (overnight stay) - St Seurinoise loop (hiking tour) or Medoc vineyards (excursion, wine tasting)
- Bordeaux (overnight stay before disembarkation) - full day optional excursions: to Arcachon Bay or to Cognac (wine region)
MS Princesse d’Aquitaine cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative CroisiEurope France cruise rates. They might be different when you book your CroisiEurope Dordogne and Garonne river cruise deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Know, that CroisiEurope cruises in France are price-inclusive of all beverages (coffee, tea, juices, soda drinks, also wine and beer at lunches and dinners), but tours and excursions ashore are optional and cost extra.
ms Princesse d'Aquitaine wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 5
- Total number of cabins: 69 (all of which riverview, 1 suite, none for disabled)
- Cabins - Main Deck (42 double with picture windows, 1 Suite), Upper Deck (26 double)
- Restaurants: restaurant
- Lounges & Bars: lounge with bar (dance floor), bar (TV, video, terrace), sun deck (loungers), French balconies, gift shop, terrace, wi-fi (payable on board).
- The Princesse d’Aquitaine ship cruises on Garonnne, Dordogne and Gironde estuary (in southwest France) leaving from Bordeaux. The CroisiEurope line also owns the Dordogne-Garonne riverboat Cyrano de Bergerac.
- The CroisiEurope cruise company is family owned and based in Strasbourg, France. Established in 1976, this premium line operates all aspects of its cruises: from the vessel building (design and construction) to cuisine and hotel services. CroisiEurope is among Europe's largest cruise line companies.
- CroisiEurope river cruise deals are inclusive of soft drinks and alcohol (wine and beer with lunch and dinner (year-round). The line offers deals inclusive of unlimited drinks during the Europe's high season (April through October) each year. However, unlike most river cruise lines, CroisiEurope charges its guests additionally for shore excursions.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other CroisiEurope cruise ships
ms Princesse d'Aquitaine Itineraries 2017
The below listed ms Princesse d'Aquitaine cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest CroisiEurope fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
23 December 2017 4 nights / 5 days, round-trip Christmas in the Bordeaux region
|23 Dec||Departing from Bordeaux, France|
|25 Dec||Bordeaux, France|
|25 Dec - 26 Dec||Pauillac, France (Overnight)|
|26 Dec||Pauillac, France|
|26 Dec||Blaye, France|
|26 Dec - 27 Dec||Libourne, France (Overnight)|
|27 Dec||Libourne, France|
|27 Dec||Saint-Emilion, France|
|27 Dec - 28 Dec||Bordeaux, France (Overnight)|
|28 Dec||Arriving in Bordeaux, France|
28 December 2017 4 nights / 5 days, round-trip New Year in the Bordeaux region
|28 Dec||Departing from Bordeaux, France|
|30 Dec||Bordeaux, France|
|30 Dec||Pauillac, France|
|31 Dec||Pauillac, France|
|31 Dec||Blaye, France|
|31 Dec||Libourne, France|
|01 Jan||Libourne, France|
|01 Jan||Saint-Emilion, France|
|01 Jan - 02 Jan||Bordeaux, France (Overnight)|
|02 Jan||Arriving in Bordeaux, France|