ms Victor Hugo Review and Specifications
Specifications of ms Victor Hugo
|Year built||2000 / Age : 17|
|Builder||Meuse & Sambre Shipyard (Beez-Namur, Belgium)|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||82 m / 269 ft|
|Beam (width)||10 m / 33 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1200 gt|
|Passengers||49 - 100|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of ms Victor Hugo
MS Victor Hugo ship cruises on Rhine river departing from Strasbourg France. In Spring are offered "Tulip Time" cruises in Holland and Belgium (on Dutch waterways and Scheldt river) leaving from Amsterdam and Antwerp. During summer, the ship cruises on Danube river (leaving from Hungary- Budapest and Tokaj) and also on Elbe river (leaving from Germany- Berlin and Hamburg).
The riverboat has 49 passenger cabins (equally sized at 75 ft2 / 7 m2), including 5 double and 44 twins. Main Deck staterooms are with riverview Porthole windows (non-opening). Upper Deck cabins have large Picture Windows (also non-opening). As amenities, each stateroom has private bathroom (WC, sink, shower cabin), satellite TV, radio, phone (only for internal calls), hairdryer, personal safe, individual air-conditioning.
The ship's amenities and facilities include a lounge (with a dance floor and its own bar), a dining room (Victor Hugo Restaurant), sundeck relaxation area (with shaded seating, loungers and deckchairs), gift shop, library, also complimentary bicycles and Wi-Fi Internet usage. The provided by CroisiEurope gourmet dining options on the ship, along with the organized tours with themed food and wine tasting events allow the Victor Hugo's guests to sample the local traditional cuisine and fine European wines along the cruise itinerary routes.
- The MS Victor Hugo's Rhine river cruise itineraries in Europe visit small towns and river port cities in the following countries: France (Strasbourg), Belgium (Antwerp, Ghent, Lovendegem, Oostende, Brussels, Brugge/Bruges), Holland / Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Sneek, Groningen, Nijmegen). All other itinerary ports are located in Germany.
- The early summer Danube cruises departing from Budapest and Tokaj also include cruising on Tisza river (flowing entirely within Hungary). The list of visited ports includes the Hungarian ports Tiszafured, Kiskore, Szolnok, Csongrad, Csanytelek, Szeged, but also the Serbian ports on Danube river - Novi Knezevac, Novi Sad, Bezdan, Mohacs, Kalocsa,
- The mid summer Elbe river cruise departures from Berlin and Hamburg also include cruising on the rivers Spree and Havel (in Germany) flowing through the federal states Berlin, Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Saxony.
- France Christmas Market river cruises in Strasbourg are offered during the December Holidays. The itinerary has duration of 3-days and includes inner city Strasbourg canal cruising with both touring and Christmas shopping options.
MS Victor Hugo cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative CroisiEurope cruise rates. They might be different when you book your CroisiEurope Victor Hugo cruise deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Know, that CroisiEurope cruises on Rhine and Elbe are price-inclusive of all beverages (coffee, tea, juices, soda drinks, also wine and beer at lunches and dinners), but tours and excursions ashore are optional and cost extra.
ms Victor Hugo wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 3
- Total number of cabins: 49 (all of which riverview, no suites, none for disabled).
- Cabins - Main Deck (29 double), Upper Deck (20 double)
- Restaurants: restaurant
- Lounges & Bars: lounge with bar (dance floor), bar, sun deck (deck chairs), French balconies, gift shop, elevator, wi-fi (payable on board).
- The Victor Hugo ship cruises on Danube and Rhine rivers in Europe. From the same class and with similar itineraries is the CroisiEurope ship MS Mona Lisa.
- The CroisiEurope cruise company is family owned and based in Strasbourg, France. Established in 1976, this premium line operates all aspects of its cruises: from the vessel building (design and construction) to cuisine and hotel services. CroisiEurope is among Europe's largest cruise line companies.
- CroisiEurope river cruise deals are inclusive of soft drinks and alcohol (wine and beer with lunch and dinner (year-round). The line offers deals inclusive of unlimited drinks during the Europe's high season (April through October) each year. However, unlike most river cruise lines, CroisiEurope charges its guests additionally for shore excursions.
- In 2017, for the first time CroisiEurope offered a beer-themed river cruise. The 5-day cruise itinerary (themed "Beer: Belgium’s Liquid Gold" was between Brussels and Ostend and started on August 28, 2017. Two further departures (in September 2017) were confirmed later. The voyages were operated by MS Victor Hugo ship and included visits to all 5 breweries and Maison des Brasseurs museum (also serving as Federation of Belgium Brewers' headquarters). The following table shows the itinerary's ports and dates. Prices started from GBP 710 pp.
|29 Aug||Departing from Brussels, Belgium|
|30 Aug||Brussels, Belgium|
|30 Aug||Antwerp, Belgium|
|31 Aug||Ghent, Belgium|
|31 Aug - 01 Sep||Zeebrugge, Bruges, Belgium (Overnight)|
|01 Sep - 02 Sep||Ostend, Belgium (Overnight)|
|02 Sep||Arriving in Ostend, Belgium|
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other CroisiEurope cruise ships
ms Victor Hugo Itineraries 2017
The below listed ms Victor Hugo cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest CroisiEurope fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
19 September 2017 6 nights / 7 days, one-way from Lille to Ostend
09 October 2017 6 nights / 7 days, one-way from Lille to Ostend