Royal Caribbean alcohol prices - learn immediately how much are drinks on Royal Caribbean. See the list of free drinks, and the RCCL's bringing alcohol policy. Alcohol prices on Royal Caribbean cruise ships are Bar drink menu prices (regularly updated). Note: RCCL drink prices are not inclusive of the 15% gratuity charge. Our latest update added the new Royal Caribbean drink packages - their cost, and what is included (listed at page bottom).
List of all Royal Caribbean ships names: Adventure, Allure, Anthem, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Grandeur, Harmony, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Navigator, Oasis, Quantum, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Splendour, Vision, Voyager (all with suffix "Of The Seas").
Royal Caribbean alcohol policy - drinking age
According to the Royal Caribbean rules on drinking, the drinking age minimum for alcoholic beverages is 21 years of age on all cruises departing from North America. At the RCI's discretion, the drinking age limit can be lowered to 18 on cruises departing from ports in South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand) where the legal drinking age is 18. As on other cruise lines, RCI reserves the right to revoke/restrict drinking privileges of any passenger (regardless of age). Also, RCI retains the right to raise the minimum drinking age (for alcohol consumption) on any cruise when local laws require such a modification.
Royal Caribbean alcohol policy - bringing alcohol on board
The RCI policy rules for bringing alcohol on Royal Caribbean cruise:
- bringing liquor/beer on Royal Caribbean on embarkation is strictly forbidden - not allowed. Ship security may inspect your luggage and liquid containers (water & soda bottles, mouthwash, etc). If found, the booze will be confiscated, stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Passengers under 21 wouldn't be getting any of their smuggled alcohol back. If a passenger violates the Royal Caribbean alcohol policy, the line's Guest Conduct Policy may be enforced, which also includes forcible disembarkation or not allowing boarding - at your own expense. The list of possible violations, besides any attempts to conceal alcohol at security/luggage check points, also includes over alcohol-consuming behavior, providing alcohol to minors (21- yo), demonstration of irresponsible behavior on board.
- bringing wine on Royal Caribbean (on embarkation day only). You are allowed to bring max 2 wine/Champagne bottles per cabin (bottle size 750ml or smaller). Remember - bottles must retain the original seal of the manufacturer and not to look tampered with.
- buying alcohol on Royal Caribbean. If you purchase alcohol in port or in the duty-free shop on board, they will hold it until the end (the last day) of the cruise.
- Note: All passengers must comply with TSA (Transportation Security Administration) guidelines for liquids' transportation.
By the RCI's old wine policy, If you want to drink your own wine (brought on the ship) in public spaces (bars & restaurants), an US$25 corkage fee per bottle was applied to your bill. If a passenger received a bottle of wine purchased from Gift&Gear selection, corkage fee was not applied when that wine was consumed in public areas. However, the Royal Caribbean's wine corkage fee rule was rarely enforced. This fee was infrequently charged, and it was officially removed in Fall 2014.
Which drinks are free on Royal Caribbean?
(free drinks by the RCI's loyalty program "Crown & Anchor")
- Diamond+ members (passengers with 25+ RCI cruises) and guests booked in a Grand Suite or higher category have access to a nightly self-service free bar. This deal is on all RCI ships of the following classes - Radiance, Voyager, Freedom, Oasis and the new Quantum-class ships.
- On RCI ships of the Freedom, Oasis and Quantum-class, Diamond members (with 10-24 RCI cruises) have an exclusive access to the Diamond Lounge, where beer, wine (red/white/Champagne), mixed drinks and soda are for free.
- Free alcohol and drinks are also available at the onboard art auctions and past-guest gatherings.
|1.||(non alcoholic beers, 12oz) Buckler, O'Doul's||$4,50|
|2.||(16oz) Miller Lite, Miller Genuine Draft, Coors Light, Michelob Light||$4,50|
|3.||(12oz) Dos Equis, Singha, Corona Extra, Amstel Light, Heineken, Heineken Light, Peroni, Pilsner Urquell, Tiger, Kirin Light, Red Stripe, Bass Ale, Stella Artois, Beck's||$5,50|
|4.||(12oz) Smirnoff Ice, Sierra Nevada pale ale||$5,75|
|5.||(16oz) Budweiser, Bud Light, Bud Select, Michelob ULTRA||$5,75|
|6.||(12oz) Blue Moon Belgian Ale||$6,50|
|7.||(24,5oz) Foster's Oil Can||$8,00|
|Note (limited offerings): periodically, RCI feature beers unique to itinerary or of special interest. Ask your server for what's currently available on your sailing. The RCI's beer menus in onboard pubs, like "Hoof & Claw"'and "Wig & Gavel", have the most expanded beer lists, offering 16- or 20oz specialty beers, such as Murphy's Irish Stout, Newcastle Brown Ale, Boddingtons.|
How much are drinks on Royal Caribbean - drink prices
IMPORTANT: Until we update all our drink prices listed below in accordance to the RCI line's new bar menus, know this:
- There are Royal Caribbean tipping policy changes: RCI is charging now (as of February 2015) 18% gratuities on their drink packages, instead of the old 15% gratuity policy.
- One of our fans reported that there are limited number of bar menus throughout the ship (Explorer, in particular) with listed limited offerings in an obvious effort Royal Caribbean to push the line's new drink packages.
- There is a huge increase in bar drinks prices (up to 40% on some beverages) compared to 2014 prices. For example, ALL cocktails now start at US$10 (compared to the old price of US$6,50), American premium beers are all at US$6 and International beers are all at US$5,50 (all prices non-inclusive of tips). Good thing is, guests could still ask for specialty drinks not shown on the bar menu (like Black Russian or B52).
- While this information relates especially to the ships Allure and Quantum, sadly, there is a huge possibility the latest RCI bar price increase to go fleetwide.
|cruise ship drinks names (by the RCI's cocktail beverages menus /ingredients are in brackets)||prices per glass|
|"TROPICAL SUNSET" (Myers’s dark rum, Chambord, orange-pineapple-guava juices in a fresh pineapple)||$13,50|
|"SPARKLING PEACH MARTINI" (Ultimat vodka, sparkling wine, simple syrup, peach puree)||$12,00|
|"ELDERPHIRE" (Bombay Sapphire gin, elderflower, sugarcane and fresh lemon) - Bacardi Cruise Competition Winner||$11,70|
|"PEAR MELON MARTINI" (Absolut pears vodka, Midori melon liqueur, sweet & sour, Sprite)||$9,25|
|"BLOODY MARIA" (Patron Silver tequila and Island Oasis Bloody Mary mix)||$9,20|
|"CAPTAIN'S CAIPIRINHA" (Captain Morgan Original Spiced rum, Leblon Cachaca, sugar and lime)||$7,70|
|"MANGO MAI TAI" (Cruzan Mango, DISARONNO, pineapple juice, lime, grenadine)||$7,00|
|"OAK & COKE" (Bacardi OakHeart Spiced rum and Coca-Cola)||$6,50|
|"CARIBBEAN COOLER" (Cruzan Cocnut, pineapple & cranberry juice)||$6,00|
|"PINEAPPLE BLAST" (Red Bull + pineapple juice)||$4,00|
Royal Caribbean Mini Bar prices
Royal Caribbean alcohol prices
|Chivas Regal 12 year||$5,75|
|Johnnie Walker Black||$5,75|
|The Macallian Select Oak||$7,00|
|Glenfiddich 12 year||$7,00|
|The Glenlivet 12 year||$7,00|
|Crown Royal Reserve||$7,75|
|Johnnie Walker Gold||$8,95|
|Royal Salute 21 Year||$16,50|
|Crown Royal Extra Rare||$16,50|
|Johnnie Walker Blue||$21,75|
|Johnnie Walker Blue (King George Edition)||$35,00|
|Armagnac VSOP Cles Des Ducs||$8,00|
|Remy Martin VSOP||$8,00|
|Remy Martin XO Excellence||$13,00|
|"Louis XIII De Remy Martin"
(aged up to 100 years in barrels)
|Blanton's Single Barrel||$5,75|
|Absolut, Absolut Citron, Absolut Mandrin, Absolut Pears, Absolut Vanilia||$|
|Hendrick's, Beefeater, Tanqueray, Tanqueray No TEN||$|
|Cruzan - Citrus, Coconut, Mango, Estate Light, Pineapple||$|
|Pyrat XO Reserve||$|
|Mount Gay Eclipse Silver||$|
|Captain Morgan Original Spiced||$|
|Gosling's Black Sea||$|
|Myers's Original Dark||$|
|GOLD (Sauza, Jose Cuervo)||$|
|SILVER (Patron, Sauza, Tres Generaciones)||$|
|REPOSADO (Patron, 1800, Conmemorativo)||$|
|BAILEYS IRISH CREAM LIQUEUR||$5,75|
|BAILEYS COFFEE LIQUEUR||$5,75|
|DISARONNO ORIGINALE AMARETTO||$5,75|
|GRAND MARNIER CUVEE DU CENTENAIRE||$19,00|
|GRAND MARNIER CUVEE DU CENT CINQUANTENAIRE||$22,00|
|Graham’s, Porto, “Six Grapes”, Douro, Portugal||$6,00|
|Castle Rock chardonnay; Peter Lehman shiraz; Beringer White Zinfandel||$8,00|
|Caliterra, “Tributo”, Casablanca, Chile; Castello del Poggio, Moscato, Pavia||$9,00|
|Domaine Chandon; Pinot Grigio, Danzante, Venezie, Italy; Aussieres Blanc by Barons de Rothschild - Lafite, Languedoc, France; Malbec Bodega Norton, “Barrel Select”, Mendoza, Argentina; Aussieres Rouge by Barons de Rothschild - Lafite, Languedoc, France (Cabernet Sauvignon); Castle Rock, Monterey, California (Pinot Noir); D'Arenberg, "The Stump Jump White", Adelaide, Australia||$10,00|
|Clos du Bois, North coast, California (Cabernet Sauvignon); Sauvignon Blanc Kim Crawford, Marlborough, New Zealand; Kendall-Jackson, Vintner’s Reserve, California; Estancia, "Pinnacles Ranches", Monterey, California (Pinot Noir)||$11,00|
|Chardonnay Hess, “Su’skol Vineyard”, Napa, California; Ferrari-Carano, Alexander, California (Cabernet Sauvignon)||$12,00|
|Paco & Lola, Rias Baixas, Spain (Adventurous White)||$13,00|
|Conundrum, California (Adventurous White)||$14,00|
|Dow’s, Vintage Port, Porto, Douro, Portugal; Moet & Chandon||$17,00|
|Ferrari-Carano, Alexander, California (Chardonnay)||$18,00|
|Veuve Clicquot champagne||$19,00|
The following RCI drink package prices are for cruise itineraries in the regions of Caribbean, Alaska and North America only (tips are additional). Package prices on itineraries in Europe, Asia, Australia/New Zealand and South America vary (gratuities are included).
Royal Caribbean drink package policy
RCI cruise ship passengers should know about the line's drink package policy the following:
- Royal Caribbean drink packages are not shareable or transferable.
- When ordering beverage package on the ship, guests must present their SeaPass card when showing the package sticker to waiters.
- Packages do not include in-room drink purchases, or mini-bar drinks, including bottled water, canned soft drinks, bottled juices, beers.
Royal Caribbean drink packages prices and inclusions
IMPORTANT: Prices shown below are per person, per day. These package deals are available on RCI cruises with duration 3 nights or longer.
- "Royal Replenish" drink package price is USD 19, and includes: premium coffee/tea, bottled (sparkling 375ml bottles or still 500ml bottles), freshly squeezed juices, cocktails (non-alcoholic only), Coca Cola fountain soda, 1 RCI souvenir cup.
- "Select" drink package price is USD 35, and includes: beer, wine (by the glass /value up to US$8), cocktails (non-alcoholic only), Coca Cola fountain soda, 1 RCI souvenir cup. Bonus option is the 20% discount on wine bottles purchases on board.
- "Premium" drink package price is USD 49, and includes: premium cocktails (alcoholic, value up to US$12), frozen and non-alcoholic cocktails, beers, premium wine (by the glass /value up to US$12), bottled water (still, 500ml bottles), Coca Cola fountain soda, 1 RCI souvenir cup. Bonus option is the 20% discount on wine bottles purchases on board.
- "Ultimate" drink package price is USD 55. This is an all-inclusive / unlimited beverage package (alcohol included), and offers the 20% wine bottles purchases discount too.
In September 2015 Royal Caribbean presented its new self-serve beer program on board Freedom of the Seas. Holders of the RCI Ultimate, Premium and Select drink packages can already serve themselves Stella Artois beer. Ship's self-serve machines are located around the pool deck and in Windjammer buffet. All package-holders can make their purchases via a card that is swiped at the machines. The machines have built-in time limits to ensure no continuous pouring.
For beers different than Stella Artois or outside of the Windjammer and pool deck, package-holders have to see a bartender.
In the end of 2015, Royal Caribbean started testing one-day beverage packages and a 10-drink punch card onboard its cruise ships. RCI vessels have been given the option to test various beverage package offerings. The decision of which program to feature, if any, is made by the ship. For example, a one-day beverage package on Enchantment of the Seas was offered for US$65 per person and included unlimited cocktails, select glasses of wine, beer, as well as bottled water, specialty coffees and juices. These offerings are tests and might/might not be rolled out in the near future.
Royal Caribbean drinks prices related articles
At some of the following links you can also compare the "booze cruise" options of the RCI's major rival - the Carnival Cruise Lines.
- the new Royal Caribbean food menu
- Royal Caribbean all-you-can-drink package (about the "Classic" and "Premium" booze package inclusions), which you can compare with the Carnival Cheers all-you-can-drink package by the CCL's new alcohol inclusive package program.
- Royal Caribbean wine prices (by the glass/bottle)
- Carnival alcohol/drinks prices
- Carnival wine prices
- Carnival Fun Shop liquor prices
- Carnival alcohol policy
- Carnival Drink Recipes.
You can share/like/rate our review on Royal Caribbean drink prices and alcohol policy via the social buttons. Enjoy the fun (and inevitably the prices) of your Royal Caribbean drinks, and cheers to all the guys currently having their super big-ship vacation at sea!