AIDAcara deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Each of the AIDAcara cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on AIDAcara staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
ms AIDAcara (built 1996 as “ms Clubschiff”, last refurbished in 2018) is the first (oldest) and among the four smallest AIDA cruise ships – followed by AIDAvita, AIDAaura and AIDAmira (ex Costa neoRiviera). A major refit in 2005 increased the vessel’s passenger capacity. In 2009, the ship was redesigned to resemble the new Sphinx-class AIDA ships. Shipowner is Costa Cruises (Carnival Corporation-owned company), and ship's operator is the German company AIDA Cruises.
AIDAcara cruise ship deck plan has a total of 590 cabins for 1180 passengers (max occupancy is 1339 guests) served by 370 crew/staff. The ship has 9 passenger accessible decks, with 3 restaurants, 6 bars and lounges (no casino and conference room), 1 swimming pool, 1 jacuzzi, 5 elevators.
Complimentary dining options (included in AIDAcara cruise prices) are the buffets Markt, and Calypso. At additional charge is the Rossini restaurant (reservation-only). At the ship’s buffet restaurants, wine and beer are complimentary for lunch and dinner.
Besides the ship's staff and crew, AIDA cruise passengers are also served by Peper robots - latest cyborg technology implemented fleetwide in 2016. These humanoid robots greet and guide passengers upon embarkation. They also assist them throughout the cruise by providing information and tips on onboard dining, entertainment, enrichment program (workshops, pre-scheduled events), casino and shopping promotions, shore excursions and tours. Pepper robots are mobile and communicate in 3 languages (English, German, Italian). They can also interpret human emotions by analyzing voice tones and face expressions.
AIDAcara deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review
The ship's last drydock refurbishment was in 2016 (January 26-February 6) done in Cadiz Spain by NAVANTIA Shiprepairs.
- At the NAVANTIA shipyard were performed routine maintenance works.
- All passenger cabins were renovated
- New carpeting (around 1800 m2) was laid in public areas.
- The ship's hull and superstructure were repainted (over 12000 m2 surface area above and below waterline).
- Re-designed were Pool Bar (deck 10), and Calypso Bar (deck 9). Outdoor seating area was added on Deck 9. Anytime Bar (disco on deck 11) was refurbished and its dancefloor redesigned.
- The ship's Gym (deck 9) received new equipment (including cardioscan diagnosis).
- AIDA Store (deck 8) now sells the clothing brand GAASTRA. The jewelry area was redesigned, now selling the Danish brand Bering.
- A new height-adjustable photo kiosk was added to the digital stations at the Photoshop (deck 8).
- routine maintenance works were also made.
The refurbishment was specifically made for the vessel's 20th Anniversary. Christened on June 7, 1996. AIDA's first ship triggered a revolution on the German cruising market.
Drydock 2013 refurbishment upgraded the amenities in all cabins. All public spaces were extensively renovated, carpets and furniture were replaced.
AIDAcara deck plans are property of AIDA Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.