Review of Pacific Aria deck 12 (Sports-Kids-Teens)
- The fore-located “The Dome” is an indoor observation lounge with full-service bar, ample seating, floor-ceiling windows (for 270-degree panoramic views), large central dance floor. Live music performances start at 8 pm and again at 11:30 pm. Every night, The Dome transforms into disco nightclub with DJ programming. During the day, here are offered fun activities, such as dance classes, trivia quizzes, playing cards and board games. During ship's 2018 drydock refurbishment, The Dome was redecorated with a new nautical theme (dark blue and white) and redesigned with new soft lighting and classy drapes.
- Retractable Glass Roof covers the ship’s Lido Pool area in inclement weather.
- The ship’s sports complex includes a full-size Tennis Courrt (portside), a full-size Basketball Court (starboard) and Deck Games area around the sliding dome (quoits, golf putting green, shuffleboard).
- Aft are located all the ship’s teen- and kids club lounges offering complimentary, age-appropriate activities by the P&O’s youth programme:
- “Turtle Cove” is a kids playroom (3-6 yo, kids must be toilet-trained) with toys, educational games and fun activities supervised by certified staff. Babysitting service is available between 10:30pm-1am (charges apply). The list of kids activities at “Turtle Cove” includes arts/crafts, music and cartoons, tea parties, story telling (“Sleepyheads Storytime”).
- “Shark Shack” is a children’s club lounge (7-10 yo). The list of supervised activities at Shark Shack includes: arts-crafts, movies, scavenger hunts, iPad learning, Playstation/Nintendo console games, themed parties, air hockey, table tennis, sports tournaments, karaoke contests, talent shows, kids-only dinners held in the Waterfront Restaurant.
- The “HQ” lounge is for kids 11-14 yo, while the “HQ+” is the teen lounge (14-17 yo). These children’s clubs offer as activities film making and dancing classes, teen discos, “teen jams” (teenagers can form a music band for live performances), sports contests/competitions, watching movies, Karaoke singalongs, playing Nintendo/PS games. Here are organized also talent shows and themed party nights.
P&OEdge Adventure Park
On its Top Deck, Pacific Aria cruise ship has P&O Australia's signature “P&OEdge” Adventure Park. This unique outdoor playground offers 20 different high-adrenaline activities, including zip-lining, rock climbing, rope jumping, racing. The most popular P&OEdge activities are named “Cargo Net Race”, “Flying Fox” (rope jumping across pool deck), “Atrium High Ropes” (net climbing in the Atrium), “Aft Funnel Climb” (rock climbing wall), “Bungee Tramp”, “Bow Ladder Climb” and “Slackline Bouncing Bridge” (rope course).