79 °F / 27 °C
Kepulauan Seribu (Thousand Islands Marine National Park) is located approx 45 km (28 ml) north of Jakarta (Indonesia's capital city). The islands cover a total area of approx 8,7 km2 (3,4 ml2) and have population around 21,000.
- Kepulauan Seribu forms the only Jakarta's regency and consists of 110 islands stretching 45 km (28 ml) north into Java Sea and north of Banten Province.
- A decree states that a total of 36 isles may be used for recreation, and only 13 of these are fully developed. Resort islands are 11 and 2 are historic parks. Privately owned are 23 are islands. The rest are either fishing villages or uninhabited.
- In 1972 the governor of Jakarta declared Onrust Island a protected area, which together with the 3 neighboring islands (Bidadari, Cipir, Kelor) in 2002 were designated archaeological park.
- In 2002, a land and sea area of 107,489 hectares (1075 km2) was designated as "Thousand Islands Marine National Park" (Kepulauan Seribu). Public access is prohibited on 2 islands (Panjaliran Timur and Panjaliran Barat), where sea turtles are conserved.
- Thousand Islands Park features 342 reef platforms, of which 110 form an island bigger than 0,5 acre. As many as 700 individual reefs are found in the park.
Port Kepulauan Seribu cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kepulauan Seribu, Thousand Islands, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|1 October, 2019|