Kostroma is a Volga River cruise port and a city located at the confluence of Volga and Kostroma rivers. The town was founded in 1152 by Prince Yuri Dolgoruky to protect Russia's northeastern borders, and currently has population around 270,000.
This destination is popular for the preserved chambers of the Romanov boyars, the library of the Ipatyevsky monastery (housing the Hypatian Codex / Chronicle), the 5-tiered Trinity Cathedral (17th century), Bogoyavlensky / Theophany Convent, a museum of wooden architecture, the Church of the Transfiguration (17th century), the Assumption Cathedral (16th century), the Church of the Resurrection (17th century), historical and architectural museum, Art Museum (with a collection of Old Russian paintings and works from the 1920 centuries).
The city is served by Kostroma Airport and connected with Moscow via railway since 1887.
Kostroma cruise terminal
Departure ports for cruises to Kostroma are Saratov, Perm, Volgograd, Nizhny Novgorod, Astrakhan, Kazan, Samara, Moscow, St Petersburg. The VODOVOD-operated routes (excluding itineraries through Kazan) are:
Kostroma is visited on the following river cruise itineraries:
- Moscow-Goritsy-Moscow, Moscow-Samara (6-day)
- Moscow-Astrakhan (9-day)
- Moscow-Astrakhan (2 days)-Moscow (19-day)
- Moscow-Rostov-on-Don-Moscow (22-day)
- Moscow-Kazan (5-day)
- Moscow-Perm-Moscow (16-day)
- Moscow-Kazan-Moscow (11-day)
- Moscow-Kineshma-Plyos-Moscow (7-day)
- St Petersburg-Kazan (7-day)
- St Petersburg-Samara (9-day)
- St Petersburg-Novgorod (6-day)
- St Petersburg-Saratov (10-day)
- St Petersburg-Volgograd (11-day)
- Saratov-Moscow (2 days)-Saratov (16-day)
- Saratov-Uglich-Saratov (12-day)
- Samara-Moscow (2 days)-Samara (14-day)
- Moscow-Novgorod-Moscow (7-day)
- Novgorod-Moscow (2 days)-Novgorod (9-day)
- Novgorod-Kostroma-Novgorod (3-day)
- Novgorod-Goritsy-Novgorod (6-day)
- Moscow-Saratov (7-day)
- Kazan-St Petersburg-Kazan (18-day)
- Kazan-Uglich-Myshkin-Kazan (8-day)
- Moscow-Kazan-Yelabuga-Moscow (12-day)
- Volgograd-Uglich-Volgograd (14-day)
- Volgograd-St Petersburg (2 days)-Volgograd (22-day)
- Kazan-Karelia--St Petersburg (2 days)-Kazan (17-day)
Kostroma cruise port videos
Port Kostroma cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kostroma, Russia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|1 October, 2019|
|MS Tikhi Don||08:00||22:00|
|1 October, 2019|
|MS Ivan Bunin||08:00||13:00|
|12 October, 2019|
|MS General Lavrinenkov||08:00||13:00|
The Kostroma cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Kostroma, Russia.
If you lose the Kostroma location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.