65 °F / 19 °C
Nisyros Island is located in Aegean Sea and part of Dodecanese island group (Greece). The island covers a total area of approx 42 km2 (16 ml2) and has population around 1,000.
- The island is roughly round shaped, with diameter 8 km (5 ml). Several other small isles are located in direct vicinity, the largest is Gyali (population under 50).
- Nisyros Island features a 3-4 km (2-2,5 mi) wide caldera of an active volcano (though currently not erupting). Its latest eruption was in 1888, after ash eruptions in 1871-73. Following the 1996–1997 seismic unrest scientists started monitoring the volcano. Nisyros volcanic complex éncompasses the area between Nisyros and Kos island.
- Traditional product is soumada (non-alcoholic, almond-flavoured beverage).
- The island has many Orthodox churches, as well as 4 monasteries (currently not served by monks).
- Nisyros is reachable by ferries from Kos and Piraeus-Athens. During summer season are offered daily boat tours from Kardamena (Kos Island). Nisyros also has heliport.
Nisyros Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Nisyros Island Greece dock (anchor) at Mandraki - port town on the northwestern coast.
Port Nisyros Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Nisyros Island, Greece. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|1 May, 2019|
|mv Aegean Odyssey||08:00||20:00|