54 °F / 13 °C
Nizhny Novgorod (shortened Nizhny) is a Volga River cruise port and major city in Russia (Volga Federal District). Nizhny is located approx 400 km (250 ml) east of Russia's capital city Moscow. By population (over 2,25 million) the city is ranked Russia's 5th largest - after Moscow, St Petersburg, Novosibirsk and Ekaterinburg.
In the period 1932-1990, the city was named Gorky (Горький) - after the born here Russian writer Maxim Gorky (Alexei Maximovich Peshkov, 1868-1936). Nizhny Novgorod is Volga-Vyatka region's center of science, education and culture. It is also Russia's 3rd largest river cruise industry city (after Moscow and St Petersburg). The city's architecture features numerous universities, museums, theaters, Orthodox churches.
- Nizhny Novgorod is among Russia's top-developed IT Industry cities in terms of software research and development (R&D) providers. Among the largest employers is the Intel company, which has here a big R&D center and a major datacenter. In the city are also based several major offshore outsourcing software companies, among which Bell Integrator, Itseez, Tecom, Luximax, MERA Networks, RealEast Networks, Auriga, SoftDrom, Teleca.
- In the city are based 25 scientific R&D institutions and 33 higher educational institutions (including State University, State Technical University, State Medical Academy, Institute of Information Technologies). The city is among Russia's all 4 sites with IT-oriented technology park (favorable tax and customs policy zone).
- However, engineering is the city economy's leading industry, and is mainly transportation-oriented - building of aircraft, automobiles, ships (new design), diesel engines, machine tools. Among the city's largest building plants are Gorky Automobile Plant (cars, trucks, armored personnel carriers), Krasnoye Sormovo (shipbuilding - river and sea vessels, submarines), Sokol (airplanes, jets), Hydromash (hydraulic machinery), Nitel (TVs), RUMO (diesel generators) and Krasny yakor (anchor chains).
- Nizhny Novgorod is a major Volga River shipping hub for both cargo and passenger vessels. During summer months, cruise ships operate on the itinerary route between Nizhny Novgorod, Moscow, St Petersburg and Astrakhan. Hydrofoils are also operated on the river during summer.
Nizhny Novgorod cruise terminal
Among the Russian cruise ships visiting Nizhny Novgorod are the VODOHOD-owned boats MS Kuchkin, MS Pushkin, MS Suvorov, MS Zhukov, MS Korotkov, MS Novgorod, MS Frunze, MS Gorky, MS Budyonny, MS Belinsky, MS Sobolev.
Departure ports are Saratov, Volgograd, Perm, Samara, Saratov, Kazan, Astrakhan, Rostov-on-Don, Cheboksary, Moscow, St Petersburg. The VODOVOD-operated routes (excluding itineraries through Novgorod) are:
- Novgorod-Kazan-Novgorod (4-5-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Makarievo-Novgorod (2-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Kostroma-Novgorod (3-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Goritsy-Novgorod, and Novgorod-Yelabuga-Novgorod (5-6-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Kazan-Yelabuga-Novgorod (6-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Astrakhan-Bulgarians-Novgorod (13-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Ulyanovsk-Bulgarians-Novgorod (5-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Astrakhan-Novgorod (13-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Astrakhan (2 days)-Novgorod (14-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Kalyazin-Moscow (2 days)-Tver-Novgorod (10-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-Novgorod-Saratov (8-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-St Petersburg (6-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Yaroslavl-Novgorod (4-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-St Petersburg (2 days)-Novgorod (13-day cruisetour)
- Volgograd-Novgorod-Volgograd (10-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Volgograd-Novgorod (10-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Goritsy-Cherepovets (Vologda)-Novgorod (7-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Perm-Volgograd-Novgorod (16-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Karelia-St Petersburg (2 days)-Novgorod (15-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Karelia-Novgorod (14-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Novgorod (4-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Tver-Novgorod (7-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Samara-Novgorod (6-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Perm (5-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Myshkin-Novgorod (5-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Novgorod-Perm-Samara (12-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Perm-Samara-Novgorod (13-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Perm-Novgorod (10-day cruisetour)
- St Petersburg-Novgorod, and Novgorod-St Petersburg (6-7-day cruisetour)
- Rostov-on-Don-Novgorod (9-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Rostov-on-Don (7-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Rostov-on-Don-Novgorod (16-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Uglich-Novgorod (5-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Novgorod-Samara (5-6-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Ryazan-Kasimov-Pavlovo-Novgorod-Murom-Kasimov-Konstantinovo-Moscow (9-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Moscow (2 days)-Novgorod (9-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Moscow-Novgorod (8-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Cheboksary-Novgorod (3-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Cheboksary-Moscow (7-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Novgorod-Moscow (7-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Dubna-Novgorod (7-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Tchaikovsky-Novgorod (7-day cruisetour)
Nizhny Novgorod cruise port videos
Port Nizhny Novgorod cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Nizhny Novgorod, Russia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|2 October, 2019|
|MS Ivan Bunin||15:00||20:00|
|3 October, 2019|
|MS Tikhi Don||15:00||20:00|
|5 October, 2019|
|13 October, 2019|
|MS General Lavrinenkov||15:00||19:00|
|20 October, 2019|
|21 October, 2019|
The Nizhny Novgorod cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Nizhny Novgorod, Russia.
If you lose the Nizhny Novgorod location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.