74 °F / 24 °C
Paphos is a port town in southwestern Cyprus Island (Greece) with population around 33,000 and served by an international airport.
- New Paphos (the current city) is on the Mediterranean coast, approx 50 km (31 ml) west of Limassol (Cyprus Island's largest seaport) connected via A6 highway.
- Near Old Paphos (Palaepaphos) is the birthplace of Aphrodite - Greek goddess of beauty and love. Old Paphos was the most important place for Aphrodite worship in the ancient world.
- The town was selected as 2017 European Capital of Culture, along with Aarhus (Denmark). Local economy is largely based on tourism. There are 4 premium resorts - Aphrodite Hills, Coral Bay, Kato Paphos, and Latchi, of which Kato Paphos is the largest (employing over half of city's population). Another major industry is farming - especially grape, banana, tobacco, with vast water distribution network irrigating around 5000 hectares.
- The city has Cyprus Island's second biggest airport - after Larnaca. In terms of international trade Paphos Harbour is not important as most shipping uses Limassol's harbour. Paphos Marina has historical and cultural importance and is largely used for fishing.
- Paphos was once Cyprus' only traffic-free city. However, things changed after urbanisation and rise of population in less than 10 years. The problem is mainly in the city centre, where the tight roads of a small colonial village are no more able to do what they are created to do. The problems exist because some of the planned road links still remain on paper.
- Today the port of Paphos serves as small marina and fisherman shelter with a capacity of 300 boats. Probably it is the city's top tourist destination with plenty of cafés and restaurants. Every September since 1998 castle's square hosts the Aphrodite festival.
- Cargo and cruise ships use Limassol Port located 60 km (37 ml) away. A marina is planned to be built 10 km (6 ml) north, next to Kissonerga's Coral Bay. It is expected to serve up to 1,000 boats.
Port Paphos cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Paphos, Cyprus. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|18 October, 2019|
|27 October, 2019|
The Paphos cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Paphos, Cyprus.
If you lose the Paphos location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.