81 °F / 27 °C
Saint John Island is one of the US Virgin Islands (USVI) - an unincorporated US territory in the Caribbean Sea. The isle is located approx 6,5 km (4 ml) southwest of Tortola Island (BVI).
- The island has a total area of 51 km2 (19,6 ml2) and total population around 4,500.
- Since 1956, around 60% of the island is a protected area ("Virgin Islands National Park"), which is administered by the US National Park Service. The island's economy is based exclusively on tourism.
Cruz Bay (nicknamed Love City) is the St John Island's cruise port and largest town (population around 3,000). It is located on the isle's west coast and is its largest commercial center and principal port.
- The primary access to the island is through Cruz Bay Harbor. Besides cruise vessels, the port is frequently visited by barges and ferries (passengers and cars) connecting St John to Saint Thomas Island. Regular ferry services are offered between Cruz Bay and Tortola (BVI), Virgin Gorda (BVI) and Jost Van Dyke (BVI).
- Cruz Bay town is a popular tourist destination featuring plenty of shops and restaurants, USVI National Park Visitor Center, library, post office, bank.
- Near the Cruz Bay's waterfront are the headquarters of the USVI National Park Service, also the US Customs and Immigration.
- All USVI beaches (including on St John) are public and free of charge (no entry fees required).
Saint John Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to St John Island USVI dock (anchor) at Cruz Bay - port town on the western coast.
Port Saint John Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Saint John Island, Cruz Bay, USVI. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.