AIDAvita current position
Specifications of AIDAvita
|Year built||2002 / Age: 20|
|Builder||Aker MTW Werft (Lloyd Werft Wismar, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||AIDA Kreuzfahrten (AIDA Cruises)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||202 m / 663 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||42289 gt|
|Passengers||1266 - 1582|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Christened by||Doris Schroder-Kopf|
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2022 Mar 31||4 days, round-trip Kurzreise Nach Stavanger||Hamburg|
|2022 Apr 04||10 days, round-trip Nordische Inseln Mit Norwegen 2||Hamburg|
|2022 Apr 14||11 days, round-trip Nordische Inseln Mit Norwegen||Hamburg|
|2022 Apr 25||11 days, round-trip Nordische Inseln Mit Norwegen||Hamburg|
|2022 May 06||9 days, one-way from Hamburg to Warnemunde-Rostock||Hamburg|
|2022 May 15||7 days, round-trip Inseln Der Ostsee 1||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2022 May 22||7 days, round-trip Inseln Der Ostsee 1||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2022 May 29||14 days, round-trip Ostsee-Rundreise 2||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2022 Jun 12||14 days, round-trip Ostsee-Rundreise 1||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2022 Jun 26||10 days, round-trip Stadte Der Ostsee||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2022 Jul 06||8 days, round-trip Inseln Der Ostsee 2||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2022 Jul 14||10 days, round-trip Stadte Der Ostsee||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2022 Jul 24||8 days, round-trip Inseln Der Ostsee 2||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2022 Aug 01||12 days, round-trip Scharengarten Der Ostsee Mit Hansesail 1||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2022 Aug 13||13 days, round-trip Scharengarten Der Ostsee Mit Hansesail 2||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2022 Aug 26||14 days, round-trip Ostsee-Rundreise 1||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2022 Sep 09||12 days, round-trip Scharengarten Der Ostsee||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2022 Sep 21||10 days, one-way from Warnemunde-Rostock to Hamburg||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2022 Oct 01||14 days, round-trip Herbstliche Nordlichter Ab Hamburg||Hamburg|
|2022 Oct 15||14 days, round-trip Herbstliche Nordlichter Ab Hamburg||Hamburg|
|2022 Oct 29||14 days, round-trip Herbstliche Nordlichter Ab Hamburg||Hamburg|
|2022 Nov 12||26 days, round-trip Grose Winterpause Kanaren||Hamburg|
|2022 Dec 08||43 days, round-trip Grose Winterpause Karibik||Hamburg|
|2023 Jan 20||43 days, round-trip Grose Winterpause Karibik||Hamburg|
Review of AIDAvita
History - construction and ownership
AIDA Cruises is a Rostock-headquartered subsidiary company owned by Carnival Corporation. AIDA is Europe's largest German cruise line (followed by TUI) targeting younger and more active travelers. AIDA was founded in 1960 (as "Deutsche Seereederei") and in 2000 was acquired by P&O Princess Cruises, which merged with Carnival Corporation (shipowner) in 2003. AIDA's first World Cruise (AIDAcara) was in 2017-2018 (October-February) with 116-day roundtrip itinerary from Hamburg Germany.
The 1300-passenger ship AIDAvita was designed as "club ship", ultra-casual like all vessels in AIDA Cruises fleet. The five AIDAvita bars are also designed in a casual mood. The popularity of AIDA ship family made AIDA services appreciated and famous by the cruising community.
Besides the ship's staff and crew, AIDA cruise passengers are also served by Peper robots - the latest cyborg technology implemented fleetwide in 2016. These humanoid robots greet and guide passengers upon embarkation. They also assist them throughout the cruise by providing information and tips on onboard dining, entertainment, enrichment program (workshops, pre-scheduled events), casino and shopping promotions, shore excursions and tours. Pepper robots are mobile and communicate in 3 languages (English, German, Italian). They can also interpret human emotions by analyzing voice tones and facial expressions.
Decks and Cabins
AIDAvita staterooms (633 total, in 9 grades) include 2 Suites, 62 Balconies, 357 Oceanviews, and 214 Inside cabins. The largest accommodations are the Forward-Facing Premium Suites (sized 355 ft2 / 33 m2 plus private sundeck terrace sized 270 ft2 / 25 m2).
The boat has 12 decks, of which 10 are passenger-accessible and 5 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
There are a couple of bigger restaurants onboard, the one of which is called the Calypso and the other - Markt Restaurant. Both offer open-seating, buffet meals. There are no strict dress codes or fixed dining times. Basic beverages, including house wines and beer, are free of charge during meals at the buffet restaurants. There are also several beverage packages that may be bought at reduced rates. The extra-tariff a la carte Rossini includes waiter service and near-gourmet food with good quality.
Follows the complete list of AIDAvita restaurants and food bars.
- Rossini (a specialty, dinner-only restaurant at surcharge, reservations required; offers waiter service and 6-course a-la-carte menu)
- Markt Restaurant (complimentary main dining room; self-service buffet restaurant with a variety of food stations and a small terrace)
- Calypso Restaurant (the second main dining room; complimentary buffet restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
AIDAvita entertainment facilities include the theatre (Das Theater) - the largest public room onboard, and the huge AIDA Bar & Anytime Disco. Onboard AIDAvita you can practice swimming (a pool is provided), volleyball, basketball, and golf. Try also the fitness center Fit & Fun. The SPA Body & Soul will really make you relax. The pool deck area is designed like a beach - with many palm trees, artificial rock formations, volleyball and basketball courts. AIDAvita guests may choose from several shore excursion options.
Follows the complete list of AIDAvita lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Kids Club (AIDA Cruises kids program is complimentary, with supervised, age-appropriate activities: the 3 age groups include Seahorses for 3-6 yo, Dolphins for 7-9 yo and Sharks 10-11 yo; the Kids Club has an outdoor area with a paddling pool)
- Internet stations with printers (located in the Reception/Lobby area; Wi-Fi coverage is available shipwide, including in all guests rooms)
- Ocean Bar (cocktail bar with outdoor seating)
- The Theater (750-seat, 2-level main show venue for large-scale show productions; also hosts daily lectures, trivia games, Bingo)
- Conference Room (45-seat Konferenzraum / Seminarraume; part of the venue is the AIDA TV Studio, producing video films related to AIDAaura itinerary and activities, and a daily radio program)
- Art Gallery (Kunstgalerie; sells original artworks of renowned art schools and German artists; hosts art auctions)
- AIDA Bar (big-capacity lounge with panoramic windows)
- Photo Gallery & Shop (professional photo & video services, duty-free accessories and equipment; new feature are the photo kiosks with touch-screens /face-recognition system)
- AIDA Shop (duty-free merchandise at discount prices; the shopping arcade has a general store selling liquor and tobaccos, as well as small boutiques for jewelry, luxury watches, perfumes, brand fashion clothing, AIDA logo goods)
- Nightfly Bar (adults-only cocktail bar & nightclub with panoramic windows and live music entertainment)
- Beauty Salon (Friseur; provides hairdresser, barber services, professional manicure/pedicure)
- Body & Soul Sports Fitness Centre (with a modern Gym and separate area for classes)
- Mini Golf (indoor putting green area); Golf simulator (virtual golf courses)
- Sunbathing area (Freibereich, served by the Pool Bar and the Pool Grill /American fast food fare)
- The Hemingway Lounge (the Library /Bibliotek; offers card and board games)
- Anytime Bar (Diskothek / disco nightclub with DJ program and themed dance parties; during the day hosts organized dance classes)
- Time Tunnel (Video Games Arcade with Playstation consoles)
- Waikiki Lounge (teens club with supervised activities in two age groups - Orcas for 12 -13 yo and Teens 14 -17 yo; complimentary)
- Sports deck area (Sportaussendeck with a combined sports court for basketball/volleyball). The sports area itself is wheelchair accessible.
- Pool deck (with one swimming pool, 3 whirlpools, Pool Shop for towels, deck games - Shuffleboard, Giant Chess, Table Tennis, Backgammon, sunbathing areas; a stage for live performances, bingo evenings, nightly pool parties, laser shows is also available)
- Body & Soul SPA complex (with Beauty Salon & Spa Reception, massages /treatments rooms, indoor whirlpool, Aroma Sauna, Finish Sauna, Steam Room, relaxation room)
- Sundeck / sunbathing area (Freibereich, located above the swimming pool; with loungers and 2 whirlpools; the ship's Top Deck is dedicated to Freikorperkultur / FKK Bereich nudist area with sun loungers)
- Power Walking/Jogging Track
AIDAvita itinerary program is based on Northern European and Canaries voyages leaving roundtrip from Germany (homeports Hamburg and Warnemunde-Rostock). Itineraries visit ports in Norway (Norwegian Fjords), England UK, France (Honfleur), Holland (Rotterdam), Portugal's Madeira Island, Spain's Canary Islands (Gran Canaria, La Gomera, La Palma, El Hierro, Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote), Iberia (seaports in Spain and Portugal).
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, the AIDA ship Vita was paused for 2 years (March 2020 thru 2022) and scheduled to resume passenger shipping operations on March 31st (2022).
AIDAvita - user reviews and comments
Photos of AIDAvitaAdd Photo
AIDAvita ship related cruise news
AIDA Cruises' ship AIDAvita was scheduled to restart service on February 19, 2022, but the company announced that the restart would not take place...December 16, 2021
- Cruise Industry
AIDA Cruises opened for booking its winter 2022-2023 winter program. The itineraries range from voyages to the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and the...August 28, 2021
- Cruise Industry
AIDA Cruises announced it will expand its program with new sailings during fall/winter 2021-2022 season. AIDAprima will expand her homeporting in...July 23, 2021
- Cruise Industry
After Kiel and Rostock-Warnemunde, AIDA Cruises announced it will open the 2021 season at a 3rd German port - Hamburg, with the ship AIDAmar on July...June 28, 2021
- Cruise Industry
AIDA Cruises announced it is extending the cruise season around the Canary Islands with its AIDAperla until the middle of May. The start and...March 6, 2021
- Cruise Industry
On Wednesday, February 26, bookings open for AIDAbella and AIDAvita sailings in spring 2020. AIDA Cruises is offering journeys to popular...February 25, 2020
- Cruise Industry
AIDA Cruises is sending 8 ships to the Elbe River during the 2020 cruise season. The vessels will dock in the Hanseatic City a total of 97 times...February 23, 2020
Vietnam turned away a German-owned cruise ship with over 1,000 passengers on board over coronavirus fears. The official Vietnam News Agency reported...February 14, 2020
- Cruise Industry
AIDAvita will embark on Northern European cruises from Hamburg or Kiel starting April 5, 2017, as part of line's new AIDA Selection program. Before...March 25, 2017
- Cruise Industry
A German court sentenced a man who falsely claimed to be a doctor to 3 years in prison. The man treated patients on a cruise ship. News agency...August 8, 2016
- show more news
Other AIDA Cruises cruise ships
AIDAvita is the 2nd liner operated by AIDA Kreutzfahrten. The vessel's design is identical to AIDAaura. The christening ceremony was held in Warnemunde Germany on May 4, 2002. Ship's godmother is Mrs. Doris Schroder-Kopf - wife of former Chancellor of Germany Gerhard Schroder. The vessel was designed to be "ultra casual club ship".
The onboard language is German because the majority of AIDA passengers are Germans and German-speaking Europeans (from Austria and Switzerland). AIDA Kreutzfahrten guests tend to be young and active; since older Germans gravitate to more traditional (smaller) lines on the German source market.
AIDAvita refurbishment 2020 review
Works included technical (machinery) maintenance and regular renovation of all staterooms and public spaces (including new carpeting, upholstery, curtains).
AIDAvita refurbishment 2017 review
The ship's drydock 2017 refurbishment (March 25 through April 4) was at Lloyd Werft (in Bremerhaven Germany) resulted in the following deckplan changes and upgrades:
- (deck 10) The old Waikiki Lounge (teen club) was transformed into Beach Lounge (offering cruise itinerary-themed food and drinks). Seaside Lounges (the lounge's outdoor terrace) was equipped with windbreaks and heaters.
- The outdoor areas of Anytime Bar (deck 10) and Ocean Bar (deck 7) were refurbished with new furniture.
- (deck 10) The pool deck area was fully modernized and redesigned for more space.
- (deck 10) Pool Grill bar's seating area was redesigned. The bar now offers typical American cuisine (burgers with wedges, bagels, wraps and other fast-food items).
- (deck 8) The photoshop was expanded and the ship's onboard photo services were upgraded.
- (deck 8) The Rossini restaurant was transformed into "Selection Restaurant" - offering regional (cruise itinerary-based) specialties and delicacies.
- Public spaces (area sized approx 2500 m2 / 27,000 ft2) received new carpeting.
A total of 9000 L of paint were used for the ship's exterior. Additionally, regular safety and general maintenance works were done.
AIDAvita refurbishment 2014 review
During drydock 2014 November (Naples Italy), the ship received new Seaside Lounges in the Anytime Bar (an outdoor area on deck 10). The machinery was also upgraded and new scrubbers were installed (exhaust gas treatment system).
The public areas and Body & Soul's sports area were redesigned and enlarged. AIDA also expanded the range of training opportunities for travelers with limited walking ability, making the ship's sports area wheelchair-accessible.
Also new are the digital photo kiosks at the Photo Shop.
AIDAvita refurbishment 2011 review
AIDAvita deckplan changes after drydock 2011 included adding Waikiki Lounge (new teen lounge, located forward-portside on Deck 10) and Art Gallery (Deck 8).
The ship's fitness equipment was renewed.
Anytime Disco (Deck 10) was completely redesigned.
AIDAvita User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review