Avalon Luminary Review and Specifications
Specifications of Avalon Luminary
|Year built||2010 / Age : 9|
|Builder||Den Breejen Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Owner||MS Saar GmbH & Co KG Hamburg|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2022 gt|
|Passengers||65 - 138|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Avalon Affinity, Avalon Felicity|
|Christened by||Kristi Jones|
Review of Avalon Luminary
MS Avalon Luminary boat cruises Moselle, Danube, Main and Rhine Rivers departing from Amsterdam, Vienna, Prague, Bucharest, Nurnberg, Istanbul, and Budapest. The ship also offers flight-inclusive Black Sea river cruises with departures from Amsterdam, Vienna, and Istanbul.
Avalon Luminary cruise ship is one of the best ways to experience the fascinating culture and extensive history of the oldest cities in Europe along with its most magnificent rivers. Launched in 2010, the Luminary ship has a maximum capacity of just 138 guests. Unpack only once and spend your time enjoying European river routes.
Avalon Luminary has a total number of 65 cabins (of which 28 Avalon Suite, 30 French Balcony, 11 with non-opening windows) in 5 grades.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, minibar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in a room.
- Suites - 4x "Avalon Suites" (JR) - deck 3, size 258 ft2 / 24 m2.
- Deluxe Staterooms (category, number) - P (x24, deck 3), A (x18, deck 2), B (x12, deck 2), E (x11, deck 1) - sizes 172 ft2 / 16 m2.
MS Avalon Luminary provides a highly personalized experience, contemporary décor, spacious staterooms and suites, popular onboard amenities, like the large Sky Deck featuring the Sky Bistro and a whirlpool, bar, and lounge serving premium spirits, free Wi-Fi throughout and complimentary Internet Corner, fitness center with modern equipment and hair salon.
Avalon Luminary restaurants include Luminary (dining room). The ship also has Lounge & Bar (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Luminary Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Fitness, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge, Whirlpool, shaded seating, game area).
Avalon Luminary cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all Rhine cruise tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Afternoon Tea, Night Fare, Luminary cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
Avalon Luminary river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers, and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Avalon Luminary cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Luminary itineraries as themes officially announced by the Avalon Waterways line:
- (22-nights cruising) "North Sea-Black Sea Cruise" is 24-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Bucharest (Eastbound, code WA), and the reverse from Bucharest to Amsterdam (Westbound, code WOA). The Eastbound route is also operated as 26-days cruise from Amsterdam to Istanbul (code WOAE), with a 2-night luxury Istanbul hotel package included in the Avalon deals.
- (13-nights cruising) "Grand Danube Cruise" are 18-days river cruises from Prague to Bucharest (Eastbound, code WNO), and the reverse from Bucharest to Prague (Westbound, code WON). Other booking options are with added Bucharest luxury hotel package (Westbound code WONE, Eastbound code WNOE) and the "Cruising-Only" deals from Nuremberg to Bucharest (code WONO).
- (10-nights cruising) "Blue Danube to the Black Sea" is 14-days river cruises from Bucharest to Vienna (Westbound, code WOV), and the reverse from Vienna to Bucharest (Eastbound, code WVO). There are also 16-days deals on cruises from Istanbul to Vienna (Westbound code WOVE) and from Vienna to Istanbul (Eastbound code WVOE), with a 3-night Istanbul luxury hotel package included in the fares. "Cruising-Only" deals are without the Bucharest-Vienna hotel packages (code WOVO).
- (7-nights cruising) "The Blue Danube Discovery" are 13-days river cruises from Budapest to Prague (Nuremberg disembarkation, Westbound, code WBN). The reverse route is themed "The Legendary Danube": (7-days sailing) 11-days river cruises from Prague to Budapest (Eastbound, code WNB, Nuremberg embarkation).
- (6-nights cruising) "Balkan Discovery" are 10-days river cruises from Budapest to Bucharest (Eastbound, code WBO), and the reverse from Bucharest to Budapest (Eastbound, code WOB). Other booking options are with added Bucharest luxury hotel package (Westbound code WOBE, Eastbound code WBOE) and the "Cruising-Only" deals (code WOBO, non-inclusive of Bucharest-Budapest hotel packages).
- (12-nights cruising) "European Splendor" are 13-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Vienna (Eastbound, code WAV), and the reverse from Vienna to Amsterdam (Westbound, code WVA).
Avalon Luminary wiki
- The Avalon Luminary boat is in the same vessel class with the Avalon river cruise ships Affinity and Felicity, and also with Creativity and Scenery (now Leonora). On each of them, almost half of all staterooms are "French Balcony" categories, and over 1/3 are Suites (French Balcony plus a large panoramic window). Each of these ships is equipped with two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (type "C32 ACERT", total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP). The Affinity ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with an azimuth thruster and an SDS ("Silent Drive System" separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
- The Avalon cruise ship Luminary was launched in 2010 on July 30th. It was christened in Hoorn (Holland) by Mrs. Kristi Jones - president of "Virtuoso" (organization of luxury vacation travel agencies operating in the Caribbean, Australia/New Zealand, and North and South America).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.