CMV (Cruise and Maritime Voyages)
Columbus Review and Specifications
Specifications of Columbus
|Year built||1989 / Age : 29|
|Flag state||United Kingdom|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 210 million|
|Owner||Global Maritime Group Inc|
|Operator||CMV (Cruise and Maritime Voyages)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||245 m / 804 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||63786 gt|
|Passengers||1546 - 1855|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Former names||Sitmar Fair Majesty, Star Princess, Arcadia, Ocean Village 1, Pacific Pearl|
|Christened by||Angela Rippon|
Current itinerary of Columbus
Columbus current cruise is 10 days, round-trip British Isles & Cities Discovery. Prices start from USD 1439 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 25 Sep, 2018 and ends on 05 Oct, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|25 Sep||Departing from London Tilbury, England|
|26 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Rotterdam, Holland|
|28 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Kirkwall, Orkney Island, Scotland|
|29 Sep 08:00 - 16:00||Isle of Skye, Portree, Scotland|
|30 Sep 08:00 - 22:00||Belfast, Northern Ireland|
|01 Oct 07:00 - 18:00||Dublin, Ireland|
|02 Oct 07:00 - 18:00||Cobh-Cork, Ireland|
|04 Oct 08:00 - 16:00||Honfleur, France|
|05 Oct||Arriving in London Tilbury, England|
Review of Columbus
CMV Columbus cruise ship was launched in 1988 as "FairMajesty". As "Pacific Pearl", the vessel was the smallest and oldest in the P and O Australia's fleet. The ship was previously operated as part of Princess Cruises fleet under the name Star Princess (1989-1997). Pacific Pearl was last drydock refurbished in 2015 and transfered to CMV-Cruise Maritime Voyages in May 2017 as "MV Columbus".
History - construction & ownership
The 63,786-ton, 1,817-passenger cruise ship for P&O Australia debuted in December 2010. The vessel was re-designed specifically for the Australian budget cruising market. It continued a number of innovations represented by the sister ships Pacific Dawn and Pacific Jewel, but also introduced few, like the swim-up bar. All cabins are with new LCD screen flat TVs, with a few TV channels and 2 film channels. Bedding was upgraded. Other amenities include a hand held hairdryer, fridge and safe.
After its launch and christening in 1989, the FairMajesty’s shipowner Sitmar was acquired by the P&O company and the ship was renamed "Star Princess". In 2003, the shipowner Carnival Corporation created the Ocean Village Holidays brand and the ship became “Ocean Village”.
- During the 2003 refit (done by Lloyd Werft, Bremerhaven Germany) before the transfer from P&O UK, the ship was upgraded with a larger casino, a buffet restaurant, a steel arch over Lido Deck 12, for acrobatic shows), crew cabins were transformed into passenger staterooms.
- The Ocean Village 1 ship operated Caribbean cruises from Barbados and Mediterranean cruises from Palma de Mallorca, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
- The second member in the line’s fleet was named Ocean Village 2 (currently Pacific Jewel).
In March 2016 was announced that Pacific Pearl was sold and would be farewelled to CMV in 2017. A commercial arrangement was reached to transfer the vessel, as part of the ongoing fleet expansion and renewal program of the CMV company.
The 1987-built Pacific Pearl left P&O in April 2017, after completing 294 cruises for the line. The older ship had to make room for P&O's newest additions, Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden, as well as Pacific Explorer (former Dawn Princess), which joined the P&O AU fleet in 2017. After the launch in December 2010, Pacific Pearl became New Zealand's first super-liner. The inaugural itinerary was an 8-night cruise to the South Pacific from Auckland.
In March 2016 was announced that Cruise and Maritime Voyages would raise its fleet's UK capacity by 25% (to 95,000 passengers in 2017) with the addition of Pacific Pearl as Columbus. The former Ocean Village cruise ship was launched in 1989 and since then was operated by Princess Cruises. The ship started its CMV service with year-round itineraries leaving from Tilbury UK (maiden voyage June 9, 2017) under the new name "MV Columbus". The redesigned 1,400-passenger Columbus ship has 150 single cabins. It became CMV fleet's flagship, joining the mates 550-passenger Astoria, 600-passenger Astor, 800-passenger Marco Polo and 1,300-passenger Magellan. The adult-only Columbus offered 2 promo cruises in August 2017 for all age groups.
Cruise itinerary program
CMV Columbus itinerary program is based on UK cruises leaving roundtrip from Tilbury-London. Among the visited destinations and cruise types are short breaks to Europe, British Isles, Madeira and Canary Islands, Iberia (Atlatic ports of Spain and Portugal, with Gibraltar UK). Also roundtrip from UK (London) Columbus offers cruises to Caribbean and South American ports, also visiting Havana Cuba. Columbus cruises also include roundtrip itineraries from Amsterdam Holland.
Most Columbus cruise staterooms are 190 ft2 Oceanview cabins (total number 533). The total number of cabins is 775 (of which 36 Suites, 28 DeLuxe Balcony rooms, 150 single cabins) in 23 categories. Of all cabins, only 8% are with a private balcony. The largest onboard accommodations are the Mini Suites (370 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The main dining room onboard CMV Columbus is called Waterfront Restaurant. In the centre of the restaurant is line's unique Chef's Table, which is set in an enclosed space that is surrounded by wine cabinets. Waterfront Restaurant serves traditional British and European cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A couple of meal time options are available for dinner, while breakfast and lunch are open-seating.
Three additional restaurants complement the main dining room. The free-dining Plantation Bistro serves buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Grill is a fish & meat restaurant. Fusion by Chef Michael Shaji is the signature Indian restaurant.
Follows the complete list of CMV Columbus restaurants and food bars.
- The Waterfront Restaurant is the main dining room which operates with open-seating and a la carte menus (“Your Choice Dining”) for breakfast and lunch, and offers 4-course dinner menu. Part of Waterfront Restaurant is the Wine Room. It serves the CMV line’s “Chef’s Table” dinner package.
- Plantation Restaurant (with its own bar) is the lido buffet restaurant.
- The Luna room is an Asian-cusine specialty restaurant annex (cover charges PP aplly).
- Salt Grill is a specialty restaurant (surcharges PP) run by celebrity chef Luke Mangan.
- The Cafe Bar serves the pool area with light snacks and drinks.
- Hemmingway’s Bar (portside lobby bar serving the foyer).
- Raffles Bar serving specialty cocktails.
- The Connexions Bar serves the two open-air Promenade deck areas.
- Captain’s Club is an English pub bar with a nice selection of local and international beers.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
During the day, CMV Columbus cruise ship passengers can spend time in the Trumps & Aces bridge and card room, Crafter's Studio and the stylish library. The expansive 2-tiered Palladium Show Lounge is ship's main entertainment hub for the evenings. There is also Captain’s Club, Dome Observatory and Nightclub.
Jade Wellness Centre features a day spa, thermal suite, hair & beauty salon plus a fully-equipped gym. The ship is also home to a pair of heated swimming pools, hot tub and an outdoor movie screen. The 3-deck central atrium offers retail opportunities. There is also an internet cafe, shore excursions desk, guest services desk, cruise sales desk, photo & video gallery.
Follows the complete list of CMV Columbus lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Palladium Show Lounge is a 2-deck high theatre hosting large-scale show productions in the evenings with live music, magic and comedy performances by guest entertainers. The Palladium Bar serves the theatre and the foyer area.
- The Dome – an indoor observation lounge.
- Wellness Centre, includes Thermal Suite (Sauna, Steam Rooms); Day Spa consisting of massage rooms (for refexology, acupuncture, facials, scrubs), plus a couples massage room (with shower and 1 whirlpool).
- Fitness Center consisting of a 2-leveled Gym (with modern equipment, has no windows) and a separate Aerobics Room (for Yoga and Pilates classes /at surcharge). Personal trainers for Fitness, Pilates and Yoga classes can be provided.
- Hair & Beauty Salon offers hair cutting-styling-coloring, manicure-pedicure, waxing, teeth-whitening, botox, barber services.
- Internet Center (inside Hemmingway’s) has 7 PC stations.
- Photo & Video Gallery; Art Gallery.
- The Taverner’s Pub & Casino offers off-shore gambling on roulette/blackjack tables and poker machines, and complimentary casino gaming lessons for beginners.
- Tax & Duty Free Shops / Shopping Galleria; PANDORA shop (luxury jewelry boutique).
- The Oasis retreat, served by Oasis Bar (adults-only outdoor relaxation area).
- Trumps & Aces club (kids 3-6 yo); Crafters Studio club (kids 7-10 yo).
- V8 Simulators room has high-speed car racing simulators.
- MV Columbus was launched in 1988 as Sitmar FairMajesty. Initially ordered for Sitmar Cruises, in 1989 it was sold and entered service for Princess Cruises as Star Princess. From 1997 to 2003, the vessel (as MV Arcadia) was operated by P&O Cruises UK. In 2003 Arcadia was renamed to "Ocean Village", the sole cruise ship of Ocean Village brand, and later transferred to P&O Cruises Australia as "Pacific Pearl".
- In 1997 (as P&O Arcadia), the vessel’s flag-state (registry) was changed from Monrovia (Liberia) to London (UK).
- In November 2010, the vessel was drydock refurbished in Singapore (at Sembawang Shipyards) and renamed “Pacific Pearl”. The inaugural voyage started on December 22.
- On March 3, 2016, P&O Cruises Australia announced that in March 2017 Pacific Pearl would be transferred out of its fleet, having completed 294 voyages for PandO, and carrying more than 500,000 passengers over a period of 5 years.
- On March 7, 2016 was announced that in June 2017 the ship will be transferred to CMV, renamed "MV Columbus" and becoming the fleet's new flagship.
- Homeported in London-Tilbury, CMV Columbus targets the adult-only (16-yo +) cruising market. Still, in summer 2017 the ship operated a couple of selected August school holiday cruises for all age groups.
- Early booking deals on CMV Columbus offer special discount prices plus 25% single supplement promotion on booking the ship's 150 single occupancy cabins. Group booking deals provide additional discounts. The addition of the adults-only cruise ship in 2017 increased the CMV's UK capacity by 25%, (up to 125,000 passengers) or with additional 95,000 passengers.
- Columbus is operated as adults-only cruise ship, with selected itineraries themed for all age groups.
- The vessel entered drydock in Rotterdam in May 2017 for a 3-week refit. An amount of modification and refurbishment works previously took place during the transfer of the ship from Singapore. The refurbishment of the former P&O Cruises Pacific Pearl ship saw the kids and teen areas converted in order to suit the more mature passengers onboard. The 1,400-passenger Columbus gained a new livery with the painting of hull and superstructure. Technical aspects comprised maintenance of the main engines, thrusters and generators as well as polishing of the propellers. Numerous pipelines and valves were maintained and modified or renewed. The work also included maintenance of tenders, lifeboats, and davits in addition to repair and cleaning of ship’s tanks.
- On June 5, 2017, the ship arrived in Tilbury-London from Rotterdam, where was drydock refurbished by DSR (Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam).
- On June 8, 2017, was the vessel's christening ceremony held at homeport Tilbury. The ship's godmother is Angela May Rippon - British TV journalist, newsreader and presenter. On June 11 started the ship's Inaugural season with departing from UK roundtrip cruises.
- The list of the rest Cruise Maritime fleet members in 2017 included Astor (600 pax), Astoria (550 pax), Marco Polo (800 pax), Magelan (1300 pax).
- Fun fact is that this CMV ship has a namesake - the 2010-launched "CMA CGM Columba". The vessel is among the world's largest container ships (capacity 11,388 containers) and operated by CMA-CGM Line.
The ship's relocation itinerary (16 days in length) was scheduled for March 27 (2017) leaving from Auckland NZ to Singapore (Southeast Asia). The last cruise for P and O was the 4-day round-trip from Auckland to Bay Of Islands (March 23 to 27, see below).
CMV Columbus inaugural cruise itineraries
The below tables show's the ship's Inaugural Cruise itineraries (maiden voyages) for CMV by destination. All listed prices are cheapest rates per person (pp) and based on double occupancy (inside cabin rates).
MV Columbus' "Inaugural Cruise" for CMV was on June 11, with the following 3 nights / 4 days short-break itinerary (roundtrip UK to Holland and Belgium). Prices started from USD 590 pp.
|11 Jun||Departing from London Tilbury, England|
|12 Jun 09:00 - 17:00||Amsterdam, Holland|
|13 Jun 08:00 - 18:00||Antwerp, Belgium|
|14 Jun||Arriving in London Tilbury, England|
The ship's "grand maiden voyage" was 12 nights / 13 days, roundtrip UK to Iceland and Northern Isles. Prices started from USD 2540 pp.
|29 Jun||Departing from London Tilbury, England|
|01 Jul 07:00 - 13:00||Invergordon, Scotland|
|02 Jul 09:00 - 16:00||Kollafjordur,Streymoy, Faroe Islands|
|03 Jul 12:00 - 18:00||Seydisfjordur, Iceland|
|04 Jul 09:00 - 19:00||Akureyri, Iceland|
|05 Jul 08:00 - 17:00||Isafjordur, Iceland|
|06 Jul 07:00 - 22:00||Reykjavik, Iceland|
|09 Jul 08:00 - 17:00||Lerwick, Shetland Island, Scotland|
|11 Jul||Arriving in London Tilbury, England|
The ship's "Canaries maiden voyage" was 14 nights / 15 days, roundtrip UK to Canary Islands and Madeira. Prices started from USD 2740 pp.
|11 Aug||Departing from London Tilbury, England|
|15 Aug 10:00 - 19:00||Gibraltar, UK|
|17 Aug 09:00 - 21:00||Arrecife, Lanzarote, Canary Islands|
|18 Aug 08:00 - 23:00||Santa Cruz de la Palma, Canary Islands|
|19 Aug 07:00 - 14:00||Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands|
|20 Aug 08:00 - 18:00||Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal|
|22 Aug 07:00 - 14:00||Lisbon, Portugal|
|25 Aug||Arriving in London Tilbury, England|
The ship's "British Isles maiden voyage" was 9 nights / 10 days, roundtrip themed "British Isles Discovery". Prices started from USD 1900 pp.
|04 Sep||Departing from London Tilbury, England|
|05 Sep 09:00 - 20:00||Honfleur, France|
|06 Sep 07:00 - 20:00||Guernsey, Channel Islands|
|07 Sep 08:00 - 20:00||Tresco Island, Scilly Isles, Wales|
|08 Sep 11:00 - 22:00||Dublin, Ireland|
|09 Sep 08:00 - 19:00||Belfast, Northern Ireland|
|10 Sep 07:00 - 17:00||Isle of Mull, Tobermory, Scotland|
|11 Sep 10:00 - 18:00||Kirkwall, Orkney Island, Scotland|
|13 Sep||Arriving in London Tilbury, England|
The ship's "Norwegian Fjords maiden voyage" was 7 nights / 8 days, roundtrip themed "Majestic Fjordland". Prices started from USD 830 pp.
|25 Sep||Departing from London Tilbury, England|
|27 Sep 12:00 - 17:00||Eidfjord, Hardangerfjord, Norway|
|28 Sep 10:00 - 18:00||Flam, Norway|
|29 Sep 11:00 - 18:00||Geiranger, Norway|
|30 Sep 09:00 - 18:00||Bergen, Norway|
|02 Oct||Arriving in London Tilbury, England|
The ship's first "Transatlantic cruise" (UK to Caribbean) was 46 nights / 47 days, themed "Cuba, Central America & Caribbean Experience". Prices started from USD 8060 pp.
|29 Oct||Departing from London Tilbury, England|
|30 Oct 14:00 - 21:00||Amsterdam, Holland|
|04 Nov 08:00 - 20:00||Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island, Azores|
|11 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|12 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Tortola Island, Road Town, BVI|
|13 Nov 12:00 - 20:00||La Romana, Dominican Republic|
|15 Nov 07:00 - 18:00||Ocho Rios, Jamaica|
|17 Nov 12:00 - 21:00||Havana, Cuba|
|20 Nov 07:00 - 18:00||Progreso, Mexico|
|21 Nov 12:00 - 19:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|22 Nov 09:00 - 19:00||Belize City|
|23 Nov 07:00 - 17:00||Roatan Island, Honduras|
|25 Nov 09:00 - 17:00||Puerto Limon, Costa Rica|
|26 Nov 07:00 - 14:00||Colon, Panama|
|27 Nov 09:00 - 20:00||Cartagena, Colombia|
|29 Nov 08:00 - 23:00||Oranjestad, Aruba Island, Dutch Antilles|
|30 Nov 07:00 - 18:00||Willemstad, Curacao Island, Dutch Antilles|
|02 Dec 08:00 - 17:00||Bridgetown, Barbados|
|08 Dec 12:00 - 20:00||Horta, Faial Island, Azores|
|11 Dec 07:00 - 13:00||Lisbon, Portugal|
|14 Dec||Arriving in London Tilbury, England|
The ship's first "World Cruise" was 71 nights / 72 days, from Australia to UK. Prices started from just USD 8850 pp.
|24 Feb||Departing from Sydney, NSW, Australia|
|28 Feb 07:00 - 20:00||Yorkeys Knob, Queensland, Australia|
|04 Mar 09:00 - 18:00||Darwin, NT Australia|
|07 Mar 08:00 - 17:00||Pulau Komodo Island, Indonesia|
|11 Mar 12:00 - 22:00||Manila, Luzon Island, Philippines|
|15 Mar 12:00 - 20:00||Shanghai, China|
|20 Mar 07:00 - 20:00||Hong Kong, China|
|23 Mar 07:00 - 18:00||Da Nang, Vietnam|
|25 Mar 07:00 - 23:00||Ho Chi Minh City / Saigon, Vietnam|
|27 Mar 07:00 - 18:00||Koh Samui Island, Thailand|
|28 Mar 09:00 - 28 Mar||Laem Chabang, Bangkok, Thailand|
|31 Mar 07:00 - 21:00||Singapore|
|01 Apr 12:00 - 19:00||Klang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|02 Apr 08:00 - 19:00||Pulau Penang Island, Malaysia|
|06 Apr 07:00 - 22:00||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|08 Apr 06:00 - 18:00||Cochin, India|
|10 Apr 08:00 - 22:00||Mumbai, Bombay, India|
|14 Apr 06:00 - 17:00||Dubai, Port Rashid, UAE|
|15 Apr 13:00 - 20:00||Muscat, Oman|
|22 Apr 04:00 - 20:00||Safaga, Egypt|
|23 Apr 09:00 - 21:00||Aqaba, Jordan|
|25 Apr 05:00 - 17:00||Suez Canal|
|27 Apr 09:00 - 20:00||Piraeus, Athens, Greece|
|29 Apr 07:00 - 17:00||Valletta, Malta|
|02 May 08:00 - 14:00||Gibraltar, UK|
|06 May||Arriving in London Tilbury, England|
P&O Pacific Pearl ship
- Cabin grades number: 22
- Total number of cabins: 773 (of which 36 Suite, 28 Balcony, 176 Inside rooms).
- Dining Rooms: Waterfront Restaurant
- Restaurants and food bars: Plantation Restaurant (buffet), Salt Grill (by Luke Mangan), The Grill (lido BBQ), Wine Room (wine & Chef’s Table), Luna (Asian).
- Lounges & Bars: Marquee (theater), Dome (observation & nightclub), Charlie’s (lobby), Marquee, MIX (cocktails), Orient (pub), Connexions (promenade), Players (casino & sports), teen & kids lounges (Turtle Cove, Shark Shack, HQ, HQ+), poolside bars (The Cafe, NZ Natural /ice cream).
- Entertainment - adult-only retreat (Oasis), Aqua SpaFitness, Casino, Promenade (deck 7), outdoor movie LED screen, 2 pools, 4 jacuzzis, duty-free shops, deck games (chess, shufflleboard, golf putting).
- Pacific Pearl cruise ship started its carrier under the name "Star Princess". She was operated by Princess Cruises from 1989 to 1997. Then for six years (1997 to 2003) the vessel was operated as "Arcadia" by P&O UK, and for another seven years (2003 to 2010) as "Ocean Village I" (by the Ocean Village line /former Carnival brand). In 2010, the ship was finally transfered to the P&O Cruises Australia fleet, named "Pacific Pearl" and homeported in Sydney.
- The vessel's design is similar to the P&O AU fleetmates Pacific Dawn and Pacific Jewel. Pacific Pearl's godmother was Barbara Anne Kendall - boardsailor, medalist from 5 Summer Olympic Games.
- Pacific Pearl used to cruise mostly on roundtrip Australia and New Zealand itineraries departing from Sydney and Auckland. On its South Pacific Islands routes ("Pacific Island Hopper") the ship visited Fiji, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Santo, Tonga), also Papua New Guinea. On cruises to Queensland include stops at Willis Island (Coral Sea, beyond the Great Barrier Reef). On short breaks the ship sailed exclusively to Mooloolaba ("Sunshine Coast", located about 60 ml / 100 km north of Brisbane) or to Moreton Island (the world's 3rd largest sand island).
- Pacific Pearl's Cruise to Nowhere deals were on specially themed Australian roundtrip voayges (with no additional porst of call along the route). These short breaks were usually themed "Food and Wine", "Music" (various styles/performers), "Comedy", "Sports". P&O Australia "cruises to nowhere" prices are also inclusive of all special activites and themed entertainment on the ship, including classes and workshops, lectures, presentations, guest performances, theme parties.
Pacific Pearl - dining
The primary dining venue on Pacific Pearl was the Waterfront (Deck 7 aft), which looks more like a contemporary restaurant, rather than a traditional dining room. The line recruited its first ever celebrity manager, Luke Mangan, to add his touches to the menu in the Salt Grill (steakhouse and seafood restaurant with an a la carte priced menu).
Follows the complete list of Pacific Pearl restaurants and food bars.
- Waterfront Restaurant (open-seating dining room; each of all three dining rooms on Pacific Jewel is operated with “Your Choice Dining” (a la carte) menus for breakfast and lunch, and offers a 4-course dinner menu. Tables seat up to 10 guests. Dining times vary according to sea/port days)
- The Luna room (Asian-cusine banquets; features Japanese and Thai specialties)
- Salt Grill (reservations-only specialty restaurant via partnership with Australian celebrity chef Luke Mangan)
- The Pantry (self service buffet restaurant with an open-air terrace)
- Chef’s Table (14-seat private dining room, located in the Wine Room / gourmet private dining and tour of the galley)
- New Zealand Natural (ice cream bar)
Pacific Pearl - entertainment
Pacific Pearl was created for family fun. The atrium was converted into a multipurpose cafe lounge, bar and retail shopping space. The vessel had an awesome 2-level amusement venue, The Marquee. Daytime activities included karaoke, bingo and trivia. The pool deck's big LED screen proved to be a huge hit, and was largely used for broadcasting full-length concerts, live sports, movies, shows. Evening entertainment was standard cruise ship fare, with a mix of guest entertainers and Broadway-style production shows. For kids, innovative activity clubs included Turtle Cove (ages 3-6-yo), Shark Shack (ages 7-10-yo) and HQ (teens facilities).
Follows the complete list of Pacific Pearl lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Atrium (3-decks central open floor area and social hub)
- Charlie’s Bar; The Orient bar (English pub); MIX (specialty cocktails bar); Connexions Bar; The Cafe
- Essentials Store; Tax & Duty Free Shops; PANDORA shop (jewelry); Aqua Hut (snorkeling equipment)
- The Marquee Theatre (2-decks, for large scale shows, magic and comedy acts; during the day, the theater hosted Jackpot bingo games and trivia quizzes)
- Wine Room (boutique winery)
- The Big Screen (outdoor LED screen for movies, show programs, sports games)
- The Dome (indoor observation lounge with floor-ceiling windows, large dance floor, full service bar; transforms into a disco nightclub in the evenings)
- Players Bar & Casino
- Expressions Studio (Photo Gallery & Shop); Art Gallery; The Lounge (Internet computers)
- The Oasis (adults-only relaxation complex)
- Aqua HealthSpaFitness (Wellness Centre with Day Spa, Thermal Suites, Fitness Centre with a separate room for classes, Massage Rooms, Aqua Beauty Salon)
- Fun Zone (kids’ centre); Teen- and Kids club lounges (complimentary activities by P&O youth program)
- “Turtle Cove”; “Shark Shack”; “HQ” lounge; “HQ+” teen lounge)
- P&OEdge Adventure Park experience (“high adrenalin” program with 20 different activities, such as climbing, jumping, racing, flying on ropes); V8 Simulators room (high-speed car racing simulators)
- Jogging Track; Traditional deck games area (Deck Chess, Deck Quoits, Shufflleboard); Sports Court (basketball, volleyball, tennis); Table Tennis; Golf Putting Green.
Pacific Pearl's itinerary program was based on South Pacific Ocean cruises from Sydney Australiay and Auckland New Zealand, including roundtrip “South Pacific Islands” itineraries to Fiji, Vanuatu, Santo, New Caledonia. The ship used to operate also on Cruises to Nowhere and short break (mini) voayges, Queensland cruises (to Great Barrier Reef and Papua New Guinea) and roundtrip NZ itineraries. The last New Zealand cruise on Pacific Pearl was a 4-night to Bay of Islands from Auckland (March 23, 2017). The ship's last P&O cruise was a 16-day repositioning itinerary to Singapore from Auckland (March 27, 2017).
Pacific Pearl ship's last PandO cruises were in March 2017. The following tables show their itineraries as ports of call sequences and port times (arrival / departure). Tickets prices started from around AUD 100 pp (double occupancy inside cabin rates).
10 nights / 11 days, round-trip (themed "Kiwi Explorer")
|28 Feb||Departing from Auckland, New Zealand|
|02 Mar 08:00 - 18:00||Napier, New Zealand|
|03 Mar 08:00 - 18:00||Wellington, New Zealand|
|04 Mar 08:00 - 16:00||Akaroa, New Zealand|
|05 Mar 08:00 - 18:00||Stewart Island, Oban, Rakiura, New Zealand|
|06 Mar 09:00 - 17:00||Fiordland National Park, New Zealand|
|08 Mar 08:00 - 18:00||Picton, New Zealand|
|10 Mar||Arriving in Auckland, New Zealand|
3 nights / 4 days, Cruise to Nowhere (themed "Comedy")
|10 Mar||Departing from Auckland, New Zealand|
|13 Mar||Arriving in Auckland, New Zealand|
10 nights / 11 days, (themed "Discover Vanuatu")
|13 Mar||Departing from Auckland, New Zealand|
|16 Mar 08:00 - 17:00||Noumea, New Caledonia|
|17 Mar 08:00 - 17:00||Mare Island, Tadine, New Caledonia|
|18 Mar 08:00 - 18:00||Port Vila, Efate Island, Vanuatu|
|19 Mar 08:00 - 17:00||Lifou Island, New Caledonia|
|20 Mar 08:00 - 17:00||Isle of Pines, New Caledonia|
|23 Mar||Arriving in Auckland, New Zealand|
4 nights / 5 days, (themed Bay Of Islands")
|23 Mar||Departing from Auckland, New Zealand|
|25 Mar 08:00 - 18:00||Bay of Islands, Russell, New Zealand|
|27 Mar||Arriving in Auckland, New Zealand|
16 nights / 17 days, (repositioning from Auckland to Singapore)
|27 Mar||Departing from Auckland, New Zealand|
|31 Mar 07:00 - 15:00||Gladstone, Queensland, Australia|
|01 Apr 09:00 - 17:00||Airlie Beach, Queensland, Australia|
|02 Apr 09:00 - 18:00||Yorkeys Knob, Queensland, Australia|
|05 Apr 15:00 - 13:00||Darwin, NT Australia|
|08 Apr 08:00 - 16:00||Pulau Komodo Island, Indonesia|
|09 Apr 08:00 - 18:00||Benoa, Bali, Indonesia|
|12 Apr||Arriving in Singapore|
Godspeed to the new ship!
Columbus - user reviews and comments
Photos of ColumbusAdd Photo
Columbus ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
CMV (Cruise and Maritime Voyages) offers 2 cricket themed cruises in October 2018. CMV Magellan departs from port Bristol on October 22 on...August 19, 2018
- Cruise Industry
CMV (Cruise & Maritime Voyages) is hosting a number of TV stars on voyages to Canary Islands and Madeira in October 2018. MS Magellan sails from...August 9, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Cruise and Maritime Voyages (CMV) released its Winter and Spring cruise program for 2019-2020. There are new itineraries, such as winter cruises to...July 9, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Pacific Pearl will be farewelled in 2017, according to an announcement of P&O Cruises Australia. A commercial arrangement was reached to transfer...March 4, 2016
- show more news
Other CMV cruise ships
The below listed Columbus cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Cruise and Maritime Voyages fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Jun 18||12 days, round-trip Grand British Isles Discovery||London Tilbury|
|2018 Jun 19||12 days, round-trip British Isles Discovery||Amsterdam|
|2018 Jul 08||12 days, round-trip Grand British Isles Discovery||London Tilbury|
|2018 Jul 09||12 days, round-trip British Isles Discovery||Amsterdam|
|2018 Aug 11||13 days, round-trip Baltic Cities & St Petersburg||London Tilbury|
|2018 Aug 24||7 days, round-trip Majestic Fjordland||London Tilbury||$1039|
|2018 Aug 31||12 days, round-trip British Isles Discovery||London Tilbury||$1769|
|2018 Sep 12||13 days, round-trip Baltic Cities & St Petersburg||London Tilbury||$1919|
|2018 Sep 25||10 days, round-trip British Isles & Cities Discovery||London Tilbury||$1439|
|2018 Sep 25||1 day, one-way from London Tilbury to Rotterdam||London Tilbury||$499|
|2018 Sep 26||10 days, one-way from Rotterdam to Amsterdam||Rotterdam||$1439|
|2018 Oct 05||7 days, round-trip Majestic Fjordland||London Tilbury||$989|
|2018 Oct 06||7 days, round-trip Majestic Fjordland||Amsterdam||$989|
|2018 Oct 12||15 days, round-trip Canary Islands & Madeira||London Tilbury||$2109|
|2018 Oct 13||16 days, round-trip Canary Islands & Madeira||Amsterdam||$2239|
|2018 Oct 28||5 days, round-trip European Cities Break||London Tilbury||$709|
|2018 Oct 29||4 days, one-way from Amsterdam to London Tilbury||Amsterdam||$559|
|2018 Dec 06||5 days, round-trip German Christmas Markets, Amsterdam & Antwerp||London Tilbury||$709|
|2018 Dec 11||2 days, round-trip Festive Getaway to Amsterdam||London Tilbury||$279|
|2018 Dec 13||4 days, round-trip German Christmas Market & Amsterdam||London Tilbury||$559|
|2018 Dec 17||3 days, round-trip Christmas Market & Festive Getaway||London Tilbury||$429|
|2018 Dec 21||15 days, round-trip Christmas & New Year Canaries & Madeira||London Tilbury||$2329|
|2018 Dec 22||15 days, round-trip Christmas & New Year Canaries & Madeira||Amsterdam||$2329|
|2019 Jan 05||120 days, round-trip Grand Round the World Cruise||London Tilbury||$16989|
|2019 Jan 05||88 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Singapore||London Tilbury||$12709|
|2019 Jan 05||77 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Hong Kong||London Tilbury||$11119|
|2019 Jan 05||50 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Sydney||London Tilbury||$7219|
|2019 Jan 05||42 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Auckland||London Tilbury||$6069|
|2019 Jan 06||120 days, round-trip Grand Round the World Cruise||Amsterdam||$16989|
|2019 Jan 06||87 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Singapore||Amsterdam||$12569|
|2019 Jan 06||76 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Hong Kong||Amsterdam||$10979|
|2019 Jan 06||49 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Sydney||Amsterdam||$7079|
|2019 Jan 06||41 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Auckland||Amsterdam||$5929|
|2019 Feb 16||79 days, one-way from Auckland to Amsterdam||Auckland||$11409|
|2019 Feb 16||78 days, one-way from Auckland to London Tilbury||Auckland||$11259|
|2019 Feb 16||8 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$1159|
|2019 Feb 24||71 days, one-way from Sydney to Amsterdam||Sydney||$10259|
|2019 Feb 24||70 days, one-way from Sydney to London Tilbury||Sydney||$10109|
|2019 Feb 24||38 days, one-way from Sydney to Singapore||Sydney||$5649|
|2019 Feb 24||27 days, one-way from Sydney to Hong Kong||Sydney||$4099|
|2019 Mar 23||44 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Amsterdam||Hong Kong||$6359|
|2019 Mar 23||43 days, one-way from Hong Kong to London Tilbury||Hong Kong||$6219|
|2019 Mar 23||11 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$1599|
|2019 Apr 03||33 days, one-way from Singapore to Amsterdam||Singapore||$4769|
|2019 Apr 03||32 days, one-way from Singapore to London Tilbury||Singapore||$4619|
|2019 May 05||10 days, round-trip British Isles Discovery||London Tilbury||$1549|
|2019 May 06||10 days, round-trip British Isles Discovery||Amsterdam||$1549|
|2019 May 15||14 days, round-trip Grand Baltic Cities & St Petersburg||London Tilbury||$2169|
|2019 May 16||14 days, round-trip Grand Baltic Cities & St Petersburg||Amsterdam||$2169|
|2019 May 29||7 days, round-trip Majestic Fjordland||London Tilbury||$1069|
|2019 May 30||7 days, round-trip Majestic Fjordland||Amsterdam||$1069|
|2019 Jun 05||10 days, round-trip British Isles Discovery||London Tilbury||$1549|
|2019 Jun 06||10 days, round-trip British Isles Discovery||Amsterdam||$1549|
|2019 Jun 15||12 days, round-trip Iceland & Northern Isles||London Tilbury||$1859|
|2019 Jun 27||14 days, round-trip Grand Baltic Cities & St Petersburg||London Tilbury||$2169|
|2019 Jun 28||14 days, round-trip Grand Baltic Cities & St Petersburg||Amsterdam||$2169|
|2019 Jul 11||11 days, round-trip British Isles Discovery||London Tilbury||$1709|
|2019 Jul 12||10 days, one-way from Amsterdam to London Tilbury||Amsterdam||$1549|
|2019 Jul 22||6 days, round-trip Majestic Fjordland||London Tilbury||$919|
|2019 Jul 28||14 days, round-trip Grand Baltic Cities & St Petersburg||London Tilbury||$2129|
|2019 Jul 29||14 days, round-trip Grand Baltic Cities & St Petersburg||Amsterdam||$2129|
|2019 Aug 11||15 days, round-trip Canary Islands & Madeira||London Tilbury||$2179|
|2019 Aug 12||15 days, round-trip Canary Islands & Madeira||Amsterdam||$2179|
|2019 Aug 26||8 days, round-trip Majestic Fjordland||London Tilbury||$1219|
|2019 Aug 27||8 days, round-trip Majestic Fjordland||Amsterdam||$1219|
|2019 Sep 03||12 days, round-trip Grand British Isles Discovery||London Tilbury||$1859|
|2019 Sep 04||12 days, round-trip Grand British Isles Discovery||Amsterdam||$1859|
|2019 Sep 15||14 days, round-trip Grand Baltic Cities & St Petersburg||London Tilbury||$2129|
|2019 Sep 16||14 days, round-trip Grand Baltic Cities & St Petersburg||Amsterdam||$2129|
|2019 Sep 29||7 days, round-trip Majestic Fjordland||London Tilbury||$1019|
|2019 Sep 30||7 days, round-trip Majestic Fjordland||Amsterdam||$1019|
|2019 Oct 06||10 days, round-trip British Isles & Cities Discovery||London Tilbury||$1449|
|2019 Oct 07||10 days, round-trip British Isles & Cities Discovery||Amsterdam||$1449|
|2019 Oct 16||15 days, round-trip Canary Islands & Madeira||London Tilbury||$2179|
|2019 Oct 17||15 days, round-trip Canary Islands & Madeira||Amsterdam||$2179|
|2019 Oct 31||3 days, round-trip Amsterdam & Antwerp Break||London Tilbury||$439|
|2019 Nov 01||3 days, round-trip Amsterdam & Antwerp Break||Amsterdam||$439|
|2019 Dec 05||4 days, round-trip German Christmas Markets & Amsterdam||London Tilbury||$589|
|2019 Dec 09||2 days, round-trip Festive Getaway||London Tilbury||$299|
|2019 Dec 11||5 days, round-trip German Christmas Markets, Amsterdam & Antwerp||London Tilbury||$739|
|2019 Dec 16||3 days, round-trip Festive Getaway||London Tilbury||$449|
|2019 Dec 21||16 days, round-trip Christmas & New Year Canaries & Madeira||London Tilbury||$2799|
|2019 Dec 22||16 days, round-trip Christmas & New Year Canaries & Madeira||Amsterdam||$2799|
|2020 Jan 06||120 days, round-trip Grand Round the World Cruise 2020||London Tilbury||$17999|
|2020 Jan 06||88 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Singapore||London Tilbury||$14189|
|2020 Jan 06||77 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Hong Kong||London Tilbury||$12419|
|2020 Jan 06||50 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Sydney||London Tilbury||$7999|
|2020 Jan 06||44 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Auckland||London Tilbury||$7099|
|2020 Jan 07||120 days, round-trip Grand Round the World Cruise 2020||Amsterdam||$17999|
|2020 Jan 07||87 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Singapore||Amsterdam||$14029|
|2020 Jan 07||76 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Hong Kong||Amsterdam||$12259|
|2020 Jan 07||49 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Sydney||Amsterdam||$7999|
|2020 Jan 07||43 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Auckland||Amsterdam||$6939|
|2020 Feb 19||77 days, one-way from Auckland to Amsterdam||Auckland||$12419|
|2020 Feb 19||76 days, one-way from Auckland to London Tilbury||Auckland||$12259|
|2020 Feb 19||44 days, one-way from Auckland to Singapore||Auckland||$7099|
|2020 Feb 19||33 days, one-way from Auckland to Hong Kong||Auckland||$5329|
|2020 Feb 19||6 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$969|
|2020 Feb 25||71 days, one-way from Sydney to Amsterdam||Sydney||$11449|
|2020 Feb 25||70 days, one-way from Sydney to London Tilbury||Sydney||$11289|
|2020 Feb 25||38 days, one-way from Sydney to Singapore||Sydney||$6129|
|2020 Feb 25||27 days, one-way from Sydney to Hong Kong||Sydney||$4359|
|2020 Mar 23||44 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Amsterdam||Hong Kong||$7099|
|2020 Mar 23||43 days, one-way from Hong Kong to London Tilbury||Hong Kong||$6939|
|2020 Mar 23||11 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$1779|
|2020 Apr 03||33 days, one-way from Singapore to Amsterdam||Singapore||$5329|
|2020 Apr 03||32 days, one-way from Singapore to London Tilbury||Singapore||$5159|
|2020 May 05||3 days, round-trip Spring Break to Amsterdam & Antwerp||London Tilbury||$449|
|2020 May 06||3 days, round-trip Spring Break to Amsterdam||Amsterdam||$449|
|2020 May 08||11 days, round-trip Grand British Isles Discovery||London Tilbury||$1849|
|2020 May 09||11 days, round-trip Grand British Isles Discovery||Amsterdam||$1849|