Costa Victoria Review and Specifications
Specifications of Costa Victoria
|Year built||1996 / Age : 23|
|Builder||Bremer Vulkan Werft (Bremen, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 390 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||250 m / 820 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||75166 gt|
|Passengers||1928 - 2314|
|Decks with cabins||10|
|Christened by||Mary Ma|
Current itinerary / position of Costa Victoria
Costa Victoria current cruise is 7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Bari. The itinerary starts on 14 Sep, 2019 and ends on 21 Sep, 2019.All Itineraries Current Position
Review of Costa Victoria
Launched in 1996, Costa Victoria is Costa Cruises the only one Sky-class ship. The company ordered a sister ship (under the name "Costa Olympia"). However, during its construction, the Bremer Vulkan shipbuilding yard (in Bremen Germany) went bankrupt and the hull was sold to NCL Norwegian Cruise Line. In 1999, Costa Olympia (as Norwegian Sky) entered service. With the same modified Costa Olympia design is also the NCL ship Norwegian Sun (launched 2001).
History - construction and ownership
Costa Cruises is a Genoa-headquartered subsidiary company owned by Carnival Corporation. Costa is Europe's second largest cruise line (after MSC) with year-round operations in the Mediterranean. Costa was founded in 1854 as a cargo shipping company. It started passenger shipping services in 1947, with regular Transatlantic crossings between Europe (Italy) and South America. In 2000, Costa Cruises was acquired by Carnival Corporation (shipowner).
The 75,166-ton, 1,928-passenger cruise ship Costa Victoria is a vessel from the cruise line's "Before Joe" era and, as such, her decor is more Spartan, missing the neon-tinged "wow" factor for which the interior architect and designer Joe Farcus is known. Costa Victoria is an older cruise liner, released in 1996, and even though she had a great refurbishment in 2004 (adding 242 balconies and mini-cabins), Victoria was still a bit behind the times. However, Costa Victoria turned into a “new ship”, when she left Singapore on November 11, 2013, after a USD 18 million dry-dock renovation.
Besides the ship's staff and crew, Costa cruise passengers are also served by Peper robots - the latest cyborg technology implemented fleetwide in 2016. These humanoid robots greet and guide passengers upon embarkation. They also assist them throughout the cruise by providing information and tips on onboard dining, entertainment, enrichment program (workshops, pre-scheduled events), casino and shopping promotions, shore excursions and tours. Pepper robots are mobile and communicate in 3 languages (English, German, Italian). They can also interpret human emotions by analyzing voice tones and facial expressions.
Cruise itinerary program
In 2017-2018, the ship was homeported in Laem Chabang (Bangkok), for roundtrip cruises in the Gulf of Thailand. Costa Victoria arrived in Bangkok on January 11, 2017, following a repositioning cruise from Singapore. Until January 25, the ship had scheduled three 4-night itineraries in the Gulf of Thailand, visiting Koh Samui, Sihanoukville and Phu Quoc Island (Vietnam). Followed a 4-night relocation itinerary to China.
Starting summer 2018, Costa Victoria offers a 7-day Mediterranean cruise itinerary program (in Europe) with roundtrip departures from Italy (Civitavecchia-Rome, Savona), Spain (Barcelona) and France (Marseille). The list of call ports includes La Spezia, Olbia (Sardinia), Ibiza (overnight), Palma de Mallorca and Tarragona (Costa Daurada, overnight).
During summer 2019, Costa Victoria operated in the Mediterranean on 7-day roundtrips from homeport Bari Italy. The program ended with the Suez Canal repositioning cruise to the Indian Ocean (28-day Venice to Mumbai India). For winter 2019-2020, the ship was homeported in Mahe (Kaafu Maldives) and Mumbai.
Costa Victoria has a total of 964 cabins (of which 20 Suite, 242 Balcony, 391 Inside rooms) in 13 grades. Most Costa Victoria staterooms are 145-sq.foot Inside rooms. 6 are the wheelchair accessible cabins. The largest aboard Costa Victoria is the Balcony Suite (475 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Ristorante Sinfonia is one of the five restaurants on Costa Victoria. It is located on deck 5 and offers two fixed dinner seatings. Like the Sinfonia, Ristorante Fantasia is the second MDR, also on deck 5. It features the same menu as the Sinfonia restaurant. Ristorante Buffet Bolero is the casual restaurant onboard Costa Victoria. It is open for breakfast and lunch and consists of a number of stations serving a selection of food. Afternoon tea is also served with drinks, sandwiches, and cakes available for passengers. The ship also offers complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service.
Follows the complete list of Costa Victoria restaurants and food bars.
- Ristorante Fantasia (forward Dining Room, complimentary; serves open seating breakfast and lunch, 2 fixed dinner seatings - at 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.)
- Ristorante Sinfonia (aft Dining Room, complimentary; dinner-only with 2 fixed dinner seatings - at 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.)
- Ristorante Buffet Bolero (self-service buffet restaurant, complimentary; offers breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea at 4-5:00 p.m., and dinner; in the evening is transformed into Pizzeria, complimentary, with waiter service)
- Caffe Terrazza (outdoor seating area served by buffet’s grill station; smoking zone)
- Gelateria e Grill Nettuno (“Neptune Ice Cream Bar and Grill”, part of the Bolero buffet)
- Club Il Magnifico (158-seat dinner specialty restaurant; reservations-only)
- La Tavernetta (Pizzeria restaurant, complimentary; offers fresh pizza by the slice).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Costa Victoria ship provides two dining rooms, casino, theater, 3 swimming pools, and 4 jacuzzis plus SPA. For today’s norms, Victoria’s design looks strange with the gym and spa buried on the 6th Deck, and the so-called “theater” looking more like a lounge room with a stage. The balcony rooms are a good addition, and with the latest Singapore upgrades, Costa spent a lot of money on the new stylish and advanced amenities. Cruisers are given both a cabin key and an onboard charge card, not as is available on many other cruise ships with a digital room key.
Follows the complete list of Costa Victoria lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Atrio Planetarium (7-deck high Victoria ship’s Atrium with floor-ceiling panoramic windows, glass-wall elevators, live music entertainment; served by Bar Planetarium)
- Terme Pompei Spas (Spa complex via a partnership with Elemis; includes Steam Room, Sauna, Treatment Rooms, Piscina Coperta adults-only pool with a Spa Whirlpool)
- Pallestra (panoramic Gym with modern equipment; features daily program with free aerobics and fitness classes; Yoga and Pilates are chargeable)
- Venus Beauty Salon (Salone di Bellezza, also with barber services)
- Giardino d’Invierno (“Winter Garden” lounge area)
- Grand Bar Orpheus (bar lounge with dance floor and live entertainment)
- Discoteca Rock Star (Disco Nightclub with own bar, nightly DJ program)
- Arcadia Boulevard (shop for photos by ship’s photographers)
- Area Bambini Peter Pan (kids playroom; Squok Club kids program with supervised activities; complimentary babysitting between 11:30 p.m. - 1:30 a.m.)
- Area Foto (Photo Gallery and Shop)
- Bellavista (foyer)
- Teatro Festival (2-level theatre and main show lounge)
- Concorde Plaza (3-deck observation and show lounge for nightly live entertainment after the theater’s show)
- Galleria Montmartre (Art Gallery)
- Gioelleria e Profumeria (jewelry and perfumes shop)
- Negozio “Duty-Free” (tobaccos, liquors and convenience goods shop)
- Portobello Market (shopping alley with duty-free luxury boutiques)
- Sala Carte Jolly (cards room)
- Capriccio Lounge & Bar (wine bar with dance floor and grand piano)
- Tavoli da Gioco (Video Games Arcade)
- Casino Montecarlo
- Bar Sirena (outdoor)
- Biblioteca and Internet Point (Library and Internet computers room)
- Cappella (Wedding Chapel, also used for religious services)
- Pista da Ballo (with dance floor)
- Piscina Pools (outdoor area with 4 Whirlpools)
- Squok Club (kids lounge with Mini Club (3-6 yo) and Maxi Club (7-11 yo) playing rooms; with complimentary kids programme and supervised activities; complimentary babysitting)
- Teen Zone (teenagers' lounge with Teen Junior (12-14 yo) and Teen Club (15-17 yo) rooms; complimentary supervised activities, themed parties, sports contests)
- Campo da Tennis Wimbledon (combined Basketball-Tennis Court)
- Solarium (the largest open-air area onboard)
- Jogging Track.
Costa Victoria wiki
Victoria is Costa's Sky-Class vessel, with NCL sisterships Norwegian Sky and Norwegian Sun (all designed by Tillberg Sweden). NCL Sky ship was placed on order by Costa Crociere under the name “Costa Olympia”.
During ship's first drydock refurbishment (in 2004) were added 246 new balconies (on upper decks 9-10-11 cabins). On Deck 11 were added two promenades (Passeggiata sul Mare) and 16 new fore-located suites. The 2004 rebuilding project also included Bolero buffet restaurant (extended with an outdoor terrace) and Lido Deck received its current promenade (open-deck) areas. Vessel's next major refit was in November 2013. Ship's interior decor is more old-fashioned compared to the newer Costa ships (built after Costa Atlantica). Victoria features glass art mosaics by Emilio Tadinidi.
During the 30th Summer Universiade (2019, July 3-14, in Naples) the cruise liner was chartered as hotel ship to accommodate 1900+ athletes and officials from 38 worldwide countries.
Asia cruise itineraries
Costa Victoria Asia cruise itinerary program is a "new show" on the Chinese market. In 2012, Costa was the first line to enter this market with year-round departures from Shanghai. Victoria was also the first ship with a "Fashion"-themed cruise in China. On board were available numerous duty-free shopping options with designer and brand fashion boutiques selling duty and tax-free clothing, with several fashion shows held on the ship.
- On November 11, 2013, started the ship's Singapore cruise itinerary program - right after her $18 mill drydock refit.
- On May 18, 2016, the ship visited for the first time a Russian port (Vladivostok, in Far East Russia). The port call was included in a unique itinerary also visiting Japan and South Korea. Victoria docked at the "Vladivostok Sea Terminal" where a welcome ceremony (with traditional dances, folklore songs, and band music) was organized by the port operator.
On November 30, 2015, Costa Asia opened its office in Japan. Then was announced that for the summer 2016 season, the Costa Victoria itinerary program will include cruises in Japan. In the period July-September 2016, the Victoria ship will stop at the Japanese ports of call Fukuoka, Maizuru, Kanazawa and Matsue, plus Pusan (Busan) in South Korea. The 5-day itinerary has no sea days and offers embarkation and disembarkation in either Fukuoka, Maizuru or Kanazawa.
These itineraries are designed as short break family vacation deals on departures exclusively out of Japan. The ship's 2016 season in Japan includes the Obon holidays (Buddhist-Confucian custom) and the school breaks in the summer. The list of Costa Asia cruise ships in 2017 also included Atlantica, Fortuna, neoRomantica, and Serena. Follows a list of Costa Asia cruises on Victoria that were open for international booking.
- 2016 October 12 (Shanghai departure at 6 pm) - 11-day one-way from Shanghai to Singapore, visiting Japan (Naha, Oct 14 / ports stay 7 am - 1 pm), China (Hong Kong, Oct 16 / ports stay 8 am - 4 pm), China (Sanya, Oct 17 / ports stay 2 pm - 8 pm), Vietnam (Da Nang, Oct 18 / ports stay 9 am - 6 pm), Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 20 / ports stay 8 am - 4 pm), to Singapore (Oct 22, arrives at 2 pm). Prices start from $990 for Inside cabin.
- 2016 October 12 (Shanghai departure at 6 pm) - 15-day one-way from Shanghai to Singapore, visiting Japan (Naha, Oct 14 / ports stay 7 am - 1 pm), China (Hong Kong, Oct 16 / ports stay 8 am - 4 pm), China (Sanya, Oct 17 / ports stay 2 pm - 8 pm), Vietnam (Da Nang, Oct 18 / ports stay 9 am - 6 pm), Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 20 / ports stay 8 am - 4 pm), Singapore (Oct 22 / port stay 2 pm - 10 pm), Thailand (Phuket, Oct 24 / port stay 8 am - 6 pm), Malaysia (Penang, Oct 25 / port stay 8 am - 2 pm), to Singapore (Oct 26, arrives at 2 pm). Prices start from $1150 for Inside cabin.
The following table shows an exemplary Costa Victoria Asian cruise itinerary - 11 nights / 12 days from Hong Kong to Singapore. Prices started from USD 830 pp (double occupancy inside cabin rates).
|24 Oct||Departing from Hong Kong, China|
|26 Oct 09:00 - 18:00||Da Nang, Vietnam|
|28 Oct 08:00 - 16:00||Phu My, Ho Chi Minh City / Saigon, Vietnam|
|30 Oct 09:00 - 18:00||Koh Samui Island, Thailand|
|01 Nov 09:00 - 22:00||Singapore|
|02 Nov 08:00 - 15:00||Malacca, Malaysia|
|03 Nov 08:00 - 14:00||Pulau Penang Island, Georgetown, Malaysia|
|04 Nov||Arriving in Singapore|
Costa Victoria - user reviews and comments
Photos of Costa VictoriaAdd Photo
Costa Victoria ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Costa Cruises announced major news with the strengthening of the Italian line in the Mediterranean – a historic destination topping the...September 1, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Italy-based Costa Cruises currently operates the 48,200 GT Costa neoRiviera from Mumbai's international cruise terminal to Male and Cochin. Following...March 31, 2019
- Cruise Industry
A contract was signed on December 3 in Naples between Costa Cruises and Gianluca Basile, Commissioner for Naples Universiade 2019, to hire the...December 7, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Costa Cruises announced it is launching new itineraries in Asia for 2017-2018 winter season. With its focus on creating innovative vacation options...July 4, 2017
- show more news
Other Costa Cruises cruise ships
Costa Victoria Itineraries
The below listed Costa Victoria cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Costa Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Aug 29||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Athens||Piraeus||$824|
|2019 Aug 31||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Bari||Bari||$824|
|2019 Sep 05||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Athens||Piraeus|
|2019 Sep 07||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Bari||Bari|
|2019 Sep 14||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Bari||Bari|
|2019 Sep 21||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Bari||Bari||$1059|
|2019 Sep 28||6 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Bari||Bari||$819|
|2019 Oct 05||7 days, round-trip Stars Auf See||Venice|
|2019 Oct 12||21 days, one-way from Venice to Male||Venice||$1969|
|2019 Oct 12||28 days, one-way from Venice to Mumbai||Venice||$3289|
|2019 Nov 02||7 days, one-way from Male to Mumbai||Male|
|2019 Nov 02||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Malé||Male||$2029|
|2019 Nov 09||7 days, one-way from Mumbai to Male||Mumbai||$1399|
|2019 Nov 09||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Bombay/Mumbai||Mumbai||$1889|
|2019 Nov 16||7 days, one-way from Male to Mumbai||Male|
|2019 Nov 16||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Malé||Male||$1489|
|2019 Nov 23||7 days, one-way from Mumbai to Male||Mumbai||$779|
|2019 Nov 23||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Bombay/Mumbai||Mumbai|
|2019 Nov 30||7 days, one-way from Male to Mumbai||Male||$599|
|2019 Nov 30||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Malé||Male||$999|
|2019 Dec 07||7 days, one-way from Mumbai to Male||Mumbai||$599|
|2019 Dec 07||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Bombay/Mumbai||Mumbai|
|2019 Dec 14||7 days, one-way from Male to Mumbai||Male||$649|
|2019 Dec 14||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Malé||Male||$1199|
|2019 Dec 21||7 days, one-way from Mumbai to Male||Mumbai||$749|
|2019 Dec 21||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Bombay/Mumbai||Mumbai|
|2019 Dec 28||7 days, one-way from Male to Mumbai||Male||$949|
|2019 Dec 28||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Malé||Male||$1849|
|2020 Jan 04||7 days, one-way from Mumbai to Male||Mumbai||$599|
|2020 Jan 04||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Bombay/Mumbai||Mumbai|
|2020 Jan 11||7 days, one-way from Male to Mumbai||Male||$649|
|2020 Jan 11||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Malé||Male||$1299|
|2020 Jan 18||7 days, one-way from Mumbai to Male||Mumbai|
|2020 Jan 18||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Bombay/Mumbai||Mumbai|
|2020 Jan 25||7 days, one-way from Male to Mumbai||Male||$649|
|2020 Jan 25||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Malé||Male||$1299|
|2020 Feb 01||7 days, one-way from Mumbai to Male||Mumbai||$599|
|2020 Feb 01||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Bombay/Mumbai||Mumbai|
|2020 Feb 08||7 days, one-way from Male to Mumbai||Male||$649|
|2020 Feb 08||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Malé||Male||$1299|
|2020 Feb 15||7 days, one-way from Mumbai to Male||Mumbai||$599|
|2020 Feb 15||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Bombay/Mumbai||Mumbai|
|2020 Feb 22||7 days, one-way from Male to Mumbai||Male||$649|
|2020 Feb 22||14 days, round-trip Indian Ocean From Malé||Male||$1299|
|2020 Feb 29||7 days, one-way from Mumbai to Male||Mumbai||$599|
|2020 Feb 29||28 days, one-way from Mumbai to Venice||Mumbai||$1629|
|2020 Mar 07||21 days, one-way from Male to Venice||Male||$1269|
|2020 Mar 28||3 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$409|
|2020 Mar 31||10 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$1069|
|2020 Apr 10||4 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$589|
|2020 Apr 14||11 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$1069|
|2020 Apr 25||10 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$1069|
|2020 May 05||10 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Venice||Venice||$999|
|2020 May 15||7 days, one-way from Venice to Savona||Venice||$759|
|2020 May 22||11 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Savona||Savona||$1099|
|2020 Jun 02||11 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Savona||Savona||$1149|
|2020 Jun 13||11 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Savona||Savona||$1249|
|2020 Jun 24||11 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Savona||Savona||$1349|
|2020 Jul 05||11 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Savona||Savona||$1449|
|2020 Jul 16||11 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Savona||Savona||$1499|
|2020 Jul 27||11 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Savona||Savona||$1599|
|2020 Aug 07||11 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Savona||Savona||$1749|
|2020 Aug 18||11 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Savona||Savona||$1599|
|2020 Aug 29||11 days, round-trip Mediterranean From Savona||Savona||$1299|
Costa Victoria User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review