Crystal Mozart Review and Specifications
Specifications of Crystal Mozart
|Year built||1987 / Age : 33|
|Builder||(MAN Turbo AG) Deggendorfer Werft und Eissenbau GmbH (Deggendorf Germany)|
|Class||Catamaran River Cruiser|
|Owner||(GHK) Genting Hong Kong Ltd|
|Operator||Crystal River Cruises|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||120 m / 394 ft|
|Beam (width)||23 m / 75 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3100 gt|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Former names||MS Mozart, Dertour Mozart, TUI Mozart|
|Christened by||Elisabeth Gurtler|
Current position of Crystal Mozart
Review of Crystal Mozart
Crystal Mozart cruise ship was built in 1987 by Deggendorfer Shipyard in Deggendorf Germany. The vessel was operated by the German river cruise tour operators Peter Deilmann and Detours. It was sold to Crystal River Cruises in late 2015. Until 2019, MS Mozart was Europe's largest river cruise ship ever constructed. Crystal Mozart (sized 395x75 ft (120x23 m) has only one rival in Europe - the AmaWaterways ship AmaMagna (sized 443x72 ft / 135x22 m).
In late-May 2019, Crystal River Cruises announced that MS Crystal Mozart leaves the fleet in 2020-Q1. The boat will be transferred to Genting Cruise Lines (sister-brand to Crystal, both subsidiaries of GHK-Genting Hong Kong). GHK's new river brand company's name will be revealed at a later date. Mozart's last voyage for Crystal is planned for December 2, 2019 (Vienna to Budapest). All bookings on previously scheduled Crystal Mozart 2020 cruises will be updated with similar Danube itineraries on the fleetmates Crystal Ravel and Crystal Mahler.
History - construction and ownership
One of the top-luxury passenger shipping companies, Crystal Cruises operates both ocean and river cruises on premium liners and newbuild riverboats with all-inclusive travel package deals. Company's ships are top-ranked in numerous categories, offer intimate cruising experience, 5-star hotel amenities, superior service. The company was founded in 1988 as a subsidiary of the Japanese NYK Line (Nippon Yusen Kaisha) - one of world's largest container shipping companies. In 2015, NYK Line sold Crystal Cruises to Genting Hong Kong (GHK). Following the acquisition, the company was renamed to Crystal Ltd. It currently includes the brands Crystal Cruises (ocean-going ships), Crystal River Cruises (European riverboats), Crystal Yacht Cruises (mega-yachts), Crystal Luxury Air (aircraft) and Crystal AirCruises (fly-cruise deals).
Crystal River Cruises (a division of Crystal Cruises) operate with fully all-inclusive deals. Brand's product is marked by gourmet dining, expert enrichment program, high-class onboard entertainment, top-luxury amenities and impeccable service on newbuild riverboats in Europe. In each port along the cruise tour itinerary are offered culture-themed events and excursions. In some ports, Crystal river cruise ships offer overnight stays allowing passengers to enjoy high-class gourmet dining experiences at Michelin-starred restaurants ashore and also exclusive evening events and entertainment shipboard.
To start its operations, the Crystal river cruise company purchased an existing riverboat that was refurbished and renamed Crystal Mozart (launched in July 2016, IMO 8643341). The company additionally ordered four new luxury river yacht ships (builder Lloyd Werft, Germany) scheduled for delivery in mid-2017. MS Mozart (Crystal Mozart) is currently Europe’s largest river ship, excepting, of course, the old-design Russian ships sailing on river Volga.
The Mozart ship has a max capacity of 160 passengers, and luxury suites (ranging from 19-80 m2 / 200-860 ft2). Cruise accommodations as sizes range from 215 ft2 / 20 m2 (Window and French Balcony staterooms) to 330 ft2 / 31 m2 (One-Bedroom Penthouse Suites) plus the two largest suites - 885 ft2 / 82 m2 Two-Bedroom Crystal Suites. The latter is ranked the largest cabin found on river cruise ships. All cabins are fitted with marble bathrooms, Nespresso coffee machines, king-sized luxury beds, luxury bedding, new furniture, butler service. Penthouses and Crystal Suites are with walk-in closets and separate bathtubs/showers.
The Mozart ship has multiple restaurants, a large spa complex (with 2 treatment rooms), an indoor swimming pool (infinity pool), whirlpool, top-deck garden. The list of onboard venues includes bar lounge (Crystal Cove) with a Bosendorfer grand piano, smoking lounge (Connoisseur Club), library, eateries - Waterside (main restaurant), Vintage Room (wine pairings), Blue (casual restaurant), Bistro Mozart (specialty coffee bar serving light fare) and The Pantry (self-service wine and beverage bar).
Danube River cruise itineraries
Twice the width of the standard European riverboats, MS Mozart can operate only cruises on Danube River. Itineraries (mostly roundtrips from Vienna Austria, Only on this itinerary route Danube locks are large enough to accommodate the huge ship.
- The 11-NIGHT itinerary (themed "COUNTRIES OF THE EASTERN DANUBE") visits AUSTRIA, HUNGARY, CROATIA, SERBIA, SLOVAKIA. The list of ports of calls includes Vienna, Esztergom, Budapest (city cruising), Mohacs, Vukovar, Iron Gate Gorge, Belgrade, Novi Sad, Mohacs, Kalocsa, Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna (2 overnights).
The 13-NIGHT itinerary (holiday-themed "CHRISTMAS MARKETS" and "CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR’S EVE") visits AUSTRIA, GERMANY, SLOVAKIA, HUNGARY. The ports of call include Vienna, Wachau Valley, Melk, Passau (overnight), Vilshofen an der Donau, Linz (overnight), Budapest (overnight), Esztergom, Bratislava, Vienna (overnight).
Crystal River cruise prices
Crystal Mozart's cruise tour prices range according to the cabin category and also by season (departure dates).
- Fares (indicative pricing in USD, per person) range between $3500 (S4 cabin), $3700 (S3 cabin), $4200 (S2 cabin), $4500 (S1 cabin), $7500 (Penthouse Suite) and $17700 (Crystal Suite).
- Fares are based on double occupancy (two full-fare passengers).
- Additional (not included in the fares) are taxes, fees and port charges (ranging between USD 125-400 pp / per person), which also vary by departure dates.
- 2-for-1 cruise deals are also offered as promotions (based on 50% brochure prices).
- Crystal Mozart river cruise deals are inclusive of two transfers - airport to the ship (embarkation day) and ship to airport (disembarkation day).
The all-inclusive Crystal river cruise deals (as cruise price inclusions) offer the following complimentary amenities and services:
- Gratuities for all the ship's staff, including housekeeping, bar, dining, butlers
- All meals (featuring 6-star gourmet cuisine and regional specialties)
- Unlimited soft drinks, premium beverages (including champagne, fine wines, spirits, beers, bottled water)
- 24-hour self-service pantry (specialty coffees, teas, wines, nonalcoholic drinks)
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour Wi-Fi access, free Wi-Fi and satellite Internet usage (60 min pp per day)
- interactive TV (infotainment system) with movies on demand and music library
- Airport-to-ship group transfers - luxury coaches to transport passengers from the airport to the riverboat on embarkation day.
- Ship-to-airport group transfers (on disembarkation day).
- Onboard daily yoga and fitness classes, daily choice of digital international newspapers
- Onboard entertainment and enrichment programming (destination / itinerary-focused), including lectures, destination expert (on each cruise), local experts and tour guides.
- Self-service guest laundry
- Twice daily housekeeping services (evening turndown service)
- In-cabin dining (hors d'oeuvres)
- Butler service for each cabin
- Two complimentary "Crystal Adventures" shore excursions in every port (curated). Additional excursions are available for purchase.
- Complimentary culinary tours to renowned local establishments
- Complimentary Atlanta eBikes, Nordic walking poles and audio headphones on all "Crystal Adventures" (shore excursions/land tours).
Crystal Mozart - user reviews and comments
Photos of Crystal MozartAdd Photo
Crystal Mozart ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Crystal International Asia, via collaboration with Crystal River Cruises, introduced its new river experience onboard Crystal Mozart specifically for...November 8, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Crystal River Cruises announced that its Crystal Mozart will be leaving the fleet as of the start of the 2020 season next spring. The company...May 18, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Inviting guests to sail along the Danube, Crystal River Cruises announced 4 “Crystal River Getaways” departing March and April 2019. The...February 24, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Crystal River Cruises unveiled its collection of picturesque sailings for 2020. Line's award-winning fleet of 5 all-suite luxury river boats: Crystal...August 26, 2018
- show more news
Other Crystal River Cruises cruise ships
Crystal Mozart Wiki
This Crystal riverboat is named after the German composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). Crystal River Cruises deals are all-inclusive, with included shore excursions, gourmet dining (also at 5-star restaurants ashore), premium liquor, beer, wines, soft beverages.
The ship was built as "MS Mozart" in 1987 and was operated until 1993 as Austria-flagged vessel (ENI number 04805980) homeported in Vienna. In 1993, it was bought by the German cruise company Peter Deilmann Reederei and was re-flagged to Germany (homeported in Passau). Following the company's bankruptcy, in December 2009, the riverboat was bought by Premicon AG. In 2010 was completely modernized and re-flagged to Malta (registered in Valletta).
The vessel was chartered by TUI in 2011 and operated under the name "TUI Mozart" in the period 2012-2015. The ship offered eastern Danube cruises out of Passau. On November 2, 2015, the new company Crystal River Cruises announced the purchase of MS Mozart. The ship's top-to-bottom drydock refit and refurbishment was a 6-month project done at Linz Shipyard (Linz Austria).
The boat's christening ceremony was on July 11, 2016, in Vienna Austria. Godmother was Elisabeth Gurtler - managing director of Hotel Sacher (Vienna). Mozart became the first cruise ship christened in Vienna. The naming ceremony was attended by Crystal Cruises executives, local officials, and other dignitaries. The godmother released a lever dispatching a "Szigeti Adele Blanc de Blancs Brut" (2011-bottled Chardonnay) into the hull's bow. The inaugural cruise was on July 13 (10-night roundtrip itinerary from Vienna). Danube itineraries (10 or 11 nights) explore Wachau Valley (Vienna, Passau, Bratislava) or Eastern Danube (Vienna, Budapest, Belgrade).
Crystal Mozart belongs to a new fleet of riverboats operated by the Crystal cruise company. The company's river cruise brand was established in 2015. Its operation started with the extensively renovated vessel. The ship is powered by two 6-cylinder diesel engines (Deutz SBV 6M628) providing a power output of 1185 kW. The boat's propulsion consists of two 5-bladed fixed pitch propellers (diameter 1,7 m). There are also two Caterpillar diesel generators with power output 500 kVA. This boat is also unique with its "semi catamaran" design (hybrid monohull-catamaran vessel) consisting of two outer carried hulls through an interposed flat hull part.
Crystal Mozart is the world's first river cruise ship with installed onboard live view cameras streaming in real-time from 3 vantage points. The "Live Views" option is available on Crystal's homepage, where you can enjoy online real-time views along the current cruise itinerary.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Crystal Mozart User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review