River Tosca Review and Specifications
Specifications of River Tosca
|Year built||2009 / Age : 10|
|Owner||(TravCorp) The Travel Corporation|
|Operator||Uniworld River Cruises (Egypt)|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||72 m / 236 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1340 gt|
|Passengers||41 - 82|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of River Tosca
Uniworld River Tosca ship cruises on Nile River in Egypt, departing from Cairo (Luxor round-trip, with included flights and Cairo hotel packages). This Nile cruise ship is operated by the UNIWORLD's Egypt-based subsidiary company "Insight Tours". Uniworld (officially "Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection") is a major river cruise company part of The Travel Corporation group.
MS River Tosca cruise ship is a stylish Nile riverboat which offers spacious staterooms which are all in Suite-cabin categories. River Tosca has a total of 41 cabins (all of which Suites, including 2 Presidential) in 5 grades. All suites feature French balconies and custom-made beds with fine linens. Other amenities include a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, individual climate-control, telephone, built-in closets, safe.
Among the newest ships on river Nile, Tosca features a modern design, floor-to-ceiling windows in cabins and all public areas, full-service bars, a Restaurant (Main dining room), stylish Main Lounge (featuring a full-service Bar) and a Sun Deck (with a swimming pool, whirlpools and cabanas). The vessel also has a Library, Boutique, Massage Room, Fitness center, Wireless Internet in public areas.
Like on most Nile cruises, Uniworld deals include Cairo pre- and post cruise hotel stays with organized tours. Their main purpose is for guests to recover from jet lag after the aircraft travel to Egypt, and of course, to tour the Pyramids. The Uniworld company arranges for its Egypt cruise passengers to stay at either Cairo Marriott Hotel (on Zamalek Island) or at the Four Seasons Hotel (Nile Plaza, Garden City). Being among the top-luxury hotels in Cairo, both Marriott and Four Seasons attract a mix of wealthy local residents, as well as visitors from Middle East countries and many business people from around the world. The land tour itinerary starts on the next morning, when you will meet the Uniworld's local staff and your fellow passengers. Most of the pyramid tours additionally offer stops at Memphis (the Old Kingdom's capital) and Saqqara, featuring the Djoser's Step Pyramid and the Giza pyramids. These excursions are always guided by a local, Egyptology-trained expert guide provided by the Uniworld company, who will be with you along the entire trip. Among the Cairo tour itinerary highlights are the Citadel (with the Alabaster Mosque built during the Ottoman times) and the Egyptian Museum (artifacts regarding an over 4500 years of history).
River Tosca river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Uniworld Egypt cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Uniworld Nile River cruise only or cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Uniworld offers air-inclusive deals and pre/post cruise hotel packages as extensions (at additional cost).
River Cruise Itineraries
The ship's round-trip itinerary (named "Splendors of Egypt and the Nile") starts from Cairo (Port Said overnight stay), with included 2 overnight stays in a Cairo hotel and 2 flights in Egypt (to and from Luxor). The list of ports includes:
- day 1 - flight Cairo to Luxor - Temple of Karnak excursion, boarding the ship in Dendera (Cocktail Reception, Gala Dinner)
- day 2 - Dendera - Temple of Hathor excursion, Temple of Luxor tour
- day 3 - Luxor - guided excursions to Colossi of Memnon, Hatshepsut Temple and the Valley of the Kings, Galabeya evening party on the ship
- day 4 - Aswan - excursion to Kom Ombro temple (aka Komombro), boat ride for bird watching, "belly dancing" evening performance on the ship
- day 5 - Aswan - Aswan Dam tour, excursion to Philae Temple complex, cruising to Edfu, felucca boat cruise on Nile, Old Cataract Aswan Hotel (afternoon tea), Nubian (traditional live music) evening show on the ship
- day 6 - Aswan, Kom Ombo, Edfu - Abu Simbel temples (optional excursion, free-time exploration)
- day 7 - Edfu - Temple of Horus excursion, cruising to Luxor
- day 8 - Luxor - disembarkation, flight to Cairo, hotel check, Giza pyramids "Sound & Light " evening show.
- The list of offered Egypt Nile excursions (all guided by an expert Egyptologist) along the itinerary includes visiting: Temple of Hathor, Temple of Luxor, Colossi of Memnon, Hatshepsut Temple, Valley of the Kings, Kom Ombro Temple, felucca boat rides, Aswan High Dam, Philae Temples, Old Cataract Aswan Hotel (relaxation with afternoon tea service), Abu Simbel Temples, Temple of Horus. Also included in the prices are onboard live performances (music and dancing) in the evenings.
River Tosca wiki
- River Tosca is a step up from all the other ships (around 400) licensed to ply the Nile River. Beyond the chandeliers and marble floors, there is much attention to every detail carried through all public rooms. Lanterns, shishas (water pipes) and colonial-era prints add exotic flair to Uniworld's upscale decor. The staff consists mainly of Egyptians.
- As on most Uniworld cruises, River Tosca passengers are well-traveled, in the 55+ category. Egypt is a Muslim country, so while swimsuits and shorts are fine on board, women will have to cover up when touring.
- Itineraries on Lake Nasser and Nile river cruises in Egypt operated by other major lines are offered on the riverboats Kasr Ibrim, Mayfair, Steigenberger Omar El Khayam (chartered mostly by Viking and Avalon) and Sonesta St George.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.