Symphony of the Seas will boast a variety of new experiences, including:
- Frictionless arrival: when arriving to the port, passengers can use their mobile phones to check-in and board the cruise ship via just a security checkpoint between the ship and the curb. The new process leverages a combination of bar codes, beacons and facial recognition, to make boarding fast. Guests check-in via the new mobile app of the brand.
- Ultimate Family Suite: boasts a slide from the kid’s bedroom down to the living room, floor-to-ceiling LEGO wall, hidden nooks for chilling, air-hockey table. A 3D movie theater-style TV room, with popcorn machine and library of video games bring a new level of competition to gamers. The 212 ft2 wrap-around balcony has a bumper pool table, climbing experience and full-size whirlpool. The room accommodates up to 8 guests.
- El Loco Fresh restaurant: offers fresh-made Mexican favorites. It is located in the Sports Zone and replaces Mini Bites on Harmony.
- Hooked Seafood restaurant: located in the Solarium, it features New England style seafood.
- Sugar Beach Candy & Ice Cream: replaces the retail outlets on Johnny Rockets side of the ship's Boardwalk.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade: located on Boardwalk neighborhood it spans the entire length of Boardwalk neighborhood. Playmakers takes the place of where Sabor & Starbucks were aboard Harmony of the Seas. Starbucks opens on the Royal Promenade, available during European season only.
- Escape Room: Puzzle Break experience, where teams race against the clock and work toward escaping the submarine-themed room before their time runs out.
- Laser Tag (Studio B): state-of-the-art and special effects ultimate laser tag arena to battle over the fate of the galaxy's last planet.
- 1977 (Studio B): a spectacular adventure on ice taking ice-surface video projection technology to a brand new level, pushing the limits of what's possible technologically.
- HiRo (Aqua Theater): a show combining cutting-edge technology, unexpected stunts, innovative acrobatics and future-forward choreography.
- Flight (Royal Theater): one-of-a-kind show taking guests through the history and future of flying and the evolution of air travel which ends with homage to the famous Wright Brothers.
- Hairspray: Tony Award-winning Broadway hit.
Symphony of the Seas debuts in April 2018 and offers an initial European season before coming to Miami November 2018.
Royal Caribbean announced that the naming ceremony of the ship in Europe will take place once Symphony arrives in North America.