Cruise packing lists for women, men and kids might be very, very useful. Check this out if you are going on a not necessarily cheap, but always super fun exciting cruise ship vacation.
Cruise Packing List for Women
An exemplary cruise ship packing list for women on a cruise vacation - the "ladies style" - such a list could be merely a suggestion, due to the uniqueness of each ship vacation - destination, shore excursions (land tours), line and ship, the duration of the voyages, the season you've chosen to travel, the activities you intend to participate in, the kind of person you are, etc.
And when talking about women, well, there are certain types of women, but while "predictable" is definitely a male adjective, "unique" is totally female!
Here are some guidelines about the packing for a standard cruise ship travel - clothing and footwear for women, according to the cruise ship dress code requirements.
cruise clothes packing list for women
- FORMAL Dress Code on cruise ships - night gowns, high/ low heels, pantyhose, purses, business cards (cruise ship formal nights attire).
- CASUAL Dress Code on a cruise ship - skirts, sports shoes, exercise shorts, T-shirts, blouses, shorts (with pockets), underwear (bras, panties, slips), pajamas, swimsuits, sandals / flip-flops, cap / hat, scarfs, sunglasses, in cold climates: gloves, winter hat, sweatshirts, warm jacket or coat, windbreaker.
women cruise packing checklist
- portable computer / charger, extension cord
- cell phone / charger
- camera / camcorder (memory card(s), spare batteries / charger)
- media player / radio (with headphones)
- hairdryer, hair bands, clips, shower caps
- toiletry kit (Q-tips, makeup remover, cotton balls, toothbrush/ toothpaste, shampoo/ conditioner, brush/ comb, etc.); zip-lock bags, spot remover
- cosmetics (perfume, lipstick, moisturizer, etc., sunscreen lotion), women shaving kit, nail kit, sewing kit
- collapsible umbrella, reading glasses (optional), swimming gear (optional)
- medicine/ vitamins (antiseptic cream)
- insect repellent.
IMPORTANT: Nowadays, all airlines are prohibiting sharp objects in carry-on bags, so pack such items in the checked luggage. Mainstream lines (Carnival is the best example) forbid high-heels on board their ships.
Cruise Packing List for Men
A cruise ship packing list for men can not be other than exemplary, due to the uniqueness of each ship vacation - destinations, shore excursions, lines and ships, sea voyage duration, fellow travelers, season, your personality - many factors to consider with. Here are some guidelines about the packing items for an average passenger cruise ship travel.
cruise clothes packing list for men
- FORMAL Dress Code (Clothing and Footwear) - tuxedo, dark business suit (optional), shirts, accessories, belt, shoes & socks (black), business cards.
- CASUAL Dress Code - Clothing and Footwear
- sport coat, jacket (considering the cruise destination and the season)
- shirts (preferably cotton/ polyester), blouses, ties, belt
- shoes & socks, pants, slacks, T-shirts, sports, shorts, underwear, swimsuits, pajamas
- sandals/ flip-flops, cap/ hat, sunglasses
- in cold climates: gloves, winter hat, sweatshirts, warm jacket or coat, windbreaker.
men cruise packing checklist
- portable computer / charger (Internet; reading materials, maps, guide books, media)
- an extension cord
- cell phone / charger (the smart phone could replace the laptop; the alarm-clock function)
- camera / camcorder (memory card(s), spare batteries/ charger)
- media player / radio (with headphones)
- small notebook & pen, stick notes, small flashlight, binoculars
- shaving kit (an electric shaver is preferable), toiletry kit, collapsible umbrella
- reading glasses (optional), swimming gear (optional), medicine/ vitamins, insect repellent.
- And, for God's sake, boys - DON'T FORGET THE WIFE!
You can share/like/rate our "Cruise Packing List" survey via the social buttons below. Expect more packing related info here about the kids packing, packing list for family, and also lists by destination and line, so visit us again soon for the updates. Until then - good luck, enjoy the cruise ship packing fun, and always happy and safe vacations!