This is CruiseMapper's review on company's alcohol policy and beverage policy rules. It answers the question "Can I bring alcohol on board" and also gives some insights on sneaking alcohol on Carnival cruises. Next shortlinks jump down directly to the answers of how much are drinks on Carnival cruises (non-alcoholic beverages, bottled water) and what is the cost of alcohol (beer, cabin minibars, American Table cocktails prices (signature cocktails from port-inspired onboard dining concept).
Here are also listed Carnival FUN SHOPS liquor menu with prices. Fun Shop menu also includes Cruise Cash (bar/photo credits), flowers, cakes, fruit baskets, cookies, Special Occasions gifts (Wedding-Honeymoon-Birthday-Anniversary packages), bags, T-shirts, hats, Stateroom Decoration kits.
Carnival alcohol and mixed drink prices on cruises are considered "moderate" for moderate drinking only. And the opinion of common folks is these prices do not contain much of the onboard fun. Still, they are pretty decent compared to other major cruise lines. Additional info and tips:
- the service charge for opening a personal bottle of wine not bought on the premises (Carnival corkage fee) is $10 per bottle (if the wine is consumed in one of the main dining restaurants) and $14 if consumed in a specialty restaurant. All beverage prices include the 15% gratuity. However, Carnival's drink gratuity was increased to 18% (since December 2018).
- check regularly the "Drinks of the Day" page (the ship's "Fun Times" newspaper) for daily discounted beverages. The "Early Bird Specials" (alcoholic beverages ordered before noon) are at pretty special prices. A "Bloody Mary" is only $3,95 - but only from 9 till 11am.
- The list of Carnival free alcohol offers includes: the Captain's cocktail party, the farewell party, art auctions, Past Guests receptions and free alcohol testing at the onboard duty-free shops (usually on the first day).
Note: All cruise drinks prices are in USD (dollars), tips-inclusive. Also listed is the cost of non-alcoholic beverages and mixed drinks from the "Blue Iguana" and "RedFrog" bar menus.
Bottled WATER prices
|Water Brands||Prices (USD)|
|San Pellegrino (1 liter), Aqua Panna and San Pellegrino Bubbles (at Cucina del Capitano)||$4,75|
Perrier (200ml/6,5oz) and 6-pack (Bon Voyage/Fun Shop orders)
$3,25 ($20 pack)
|Natural Spring Water (1,5 liter)||$3,95|
|Assorted Vitamin Water (200ml)||$2,95|
NON-ALCOHOLIC beverages (Soda, Soft Drinks, Juices, Mixers, Energy Drinks) prices
Note: Bottled and canned beverages in packs can be purchaced at the Fun Shops (on the ships and prior departures (upon booking).
|Soda / soft drinks||$1,50 glass|
|Coca-Cola (also Zero and Diet Coke), Tonic Water, Sprite and Diet Sprite, Fanta Orange, Pibb Xtra, Soda, Club Soda. On cruises from Galveston or New Orleans are additionally offered "Dr Pepper" and "Diet Dr Pepper" - all are 12oz / 360ml cans.||$1,95 can|
|Diet Coke, Barqs Root Beer, Caffeine Free Diet Coke, Club Soda, Coca-Cola, Coke Zero, Caffeine Free Coke, Fanta Orange, Ginger Ale, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Tonic Water - all are Bon Voyage / Fun Shop orders, 6-packs, canned.||$10 pack|
|Bloody Mary Mix (5,5oz) and 4-pack||$1,95 ($10 pack)|
|Powerade (20oz) and 6-pack||$2,95 ($14 pack)|
|Red Bull (8,3oz)||$4,75|
|Rock Star (Black, Lemon and Sugar-Free), 4-pack cans)||$18|
|Cranberry-Grapefruit-Orange Juice (4-pack)||$10|
|(frozens) "Strawberry Daiquiri", "(Caribbean) Pina Colada", "Miami Vice", "Beachcomber"||$4,75|
"REFRESHING FROZENS" (alcoholic beverages) prices
Note: There is an option to upgrade to a higher brand liquor ($2 per drink).
COCKTAILS, MARGARITAS (drinks with alcohol) prices
|"BLUE'S PATRON MARGARITA" (Patron Silver Tequila, Cointreau Rum, Lime Juice)||$10,95 (16oz)|
|"RED'S RUM TREASURE" (Zacapa 23 Rum, Coconut Rum, Sprite, Guava Pineapple Juice)||$10,95 (16oz)|
|"RED'S DARK RUM SAMPLER" (Gosling's Family Reserve Old Rum, Cruzan Single Barrel, Zacara Centenario 23, Bacardi 8, 4 count, each 3/4 oz)||$18|
|"RED'S FLAVORED RUM SAMPLER" (4 count, each 3/4 oz)||$19|
|"RED'S TROPICAL HURRICANE" (Bacardi Oakheart Spiced Rum, Bacardi Rum, Exotic Juices, Soda)||$20|
|Pitchers of Margaritas (feeds four)||$24,95 (48oz)|
Alchemy Bar prices of professional mixologist-made cocktails (optional upgrade to ultra premium liquor brands costs $1).
The list includes:
$8,95 (per drink)
The new "Thirsty Red Frog" ale is offered in 3 sizes: pint (20oz), pitcher (60oz) and beer tubes (101oz) - see below for the prices. It's a private-label freshly brewed on board draft beer (brewed by Budweiser) available only on CCL ships.
Originally brewed exclusively for the RedFrog Pub, the "frog-beer" is now served in select on-board bars/lounges (most places where draught beer is available on ship) and it has a taste similar to Killian's Red. As to the The Red Frog Pub, it's a highly popular 100-seat in/outdoor bar available on the newest Carnival ships and also on all Fun Ship 2.0 upgraded ships. Along with Thirsty Red Frog, the pub also serves top-rated Caribbean rums and a "best beers Caribbean" collection. Next are listed Carnival's Draft Beers prices:
- $5,50 (16oz) and $28,95 (tube of 101oz) for the beers "Modelo Especial", "Dos Equis", "Presidente", "FROG'S PINT" (20oz)
- Thirsty Red Frog beer price is: $5,50 (20oz), $16,95 (60oz), $27,95 (101oz).
Draft beers on Carnival cruise ships
In May 2017 was introduced a tropical-flavored draft beer via partnership with the Miami-based Concrete Beach Brewery. The special beer is served exclusively at the "RedFrog Pub & Brewery" on Carnival Vista - the first brewery found on a North America-based cruise liner. The new "Miami Guava Wheat Beer" was hand-crafted by Colin Presby (brewmaster on the shipboard brewery) and made with best ingredients.
- Miami Guava beer has a light body and its primary ingredient is pink guava, also used in Miami's popular guava pastries. The new beer is available on a limited basis, and joins the 3 other original draft beers brewed on the Carnival Vista ship - ThirstyFrog Port Hoppin' IPA (floral flavor, with passion fruit and citrus overtones), ThirstyFrog Caribbean Wheat (unfiltered lager with banana aroma and spices) and FriskyFrog Java Stout (with hints of coffee).
- Concrete Beach Brewery is an "Alchemy & Science" beer brand, operating as an independent subsidiary of "The Boston Beer Company". Other "Alchemy & Science" breweries in the USA include Angel City Brewery (Los Angeles) and Coney Island Brewing Co (Brooklyn, NYC New York). Their most popular draft beers are named "Tropic of Passion" (Miami), Angel City IPA (LA), and Coney Island Mermaid Pilsner (NYC).
- US-homeported Carnival ships serve the Concrete Beach Brewery's Rica Wheat IPA, Angel City Brewery's Pilsner, Coney Island's Hard Root Beer and 1609 Amber. On a regional basis, Carnival ships leaving from Miami offer Concrete Beach Brewery's Stiltsville Pilsner, ships from Long Beach (Los Angeles) offer Angel City Brewery IPA, and ships departing from NYC offer Coney Island Mermaid Pilsner.
- Carnival Cruise Line also offers draft beers brewed either locally (in homeports) or within the homeport state. Such beers are offered on cruise ships leaving from NOLA New Orleans, Galveston TX, Baltimore MD and Tampa FL, as well as on ships to Alaska and Hawaii.
Carnival Beer Package
Carnival beer bucket prices are discounted - for 4 bottled beers in a bucket (plastic or aluminum bottles), purchased on the ship, domestic brands from the menu. You save $2 on the bucket ($0,50 a beer) plus you save the 18% gratuity on the $2 ($0,30 additional savings).
By purchasing the "Island Hopper" beer bucket (at the Red Frog bar) you'll save $3 on every 4 beers. The cost of a beer bucket depends on the brand, you can also mix and match beers, sometimes there are specials
if you buy 4 beers you get the 5th one for free in the bucket. It's exactly what the beer bucket says: "Fewer trips to the bar - more lounge chair time"! Now about Bon Voyage / Fun Shop beer-packages (4-pack prices):
|Beer Brands||Prices (USD)|
|(4-pack) Buckler Non-Alcoholic||$18|
|(4-pack) Amstel, Stella Artois, Becks, Corona, Corona Light, Bass Ale, Heineken, Heineken Light, Molson, Pilsner Urquell, Dos Equis||$22|
|(4-pack) Blue Moon, Bud Light, Bud Light Lime, Budwiser, Coors Light, Michelob Ultra, Miller Light||$25|
|(4-pack) Mikes Hard Lemonade, Smirnoff Ice||$26|
|(4-pack) Boddingtons, Grolsch, Guinness Pub Draught.||$27|
|(25oz, 750ml) Foster's Lager||$7,75|
The same price goes for a fun shandy - the "BLUE'S MICHELADA" beer cocktail from "The Blue Iguana" bar menu (beer plus fresh lime juice, Worchestershire, Tobasco) or from the "RedFrog" pub menu - the"RED'S BEER COCKTAIL" (with Captain Morgan's SpicedRum), THE ROOKIE (with Vermouth) and MICHELADA. At the Alchemy bar the MOSCOW MULE cocktail (with Ginger beer) will cost you $8,95.
|Bud Lite Lime (16oz)||$6,25|
Bottled Beers (16oz)
Bottled Beer (16oz)
Bottled Beers (12oz)
|Non-Alcoholic Beer - Buckler (12oz)||$3,95|
See what is the cost of liquor on Carnival cruises (Fun Shops alcohol prices by the glass and by the bottle).
Souvenir glasses prices
Note: All (cruise long) refills with frozen cocktails in Carnival souvenir glasses are at discounted prices.
|Souvenir Glasses||Prices (USD)||Refills (USD)|
|32oz "Bikini Yard" glass||$22,75||$18,95|
|28oz "Twister" glass||$19,75||$16,95|
|19oz "Yard" glass||$12,75||$10,95|
|16oz "Fun" glass||$9,95||$7,25|
|"Monkey Head", Puffer Fish" and "Whale Tail" glasses are all available for purchasing only on 1st / embarkation day as DOD promo ("Drink of the Day"). The total (3 glasses) cost is $14,95 (with a $8,95 cocktail).||$6||$6,75|
|"Pitchers of Spiked Lemonade (48oz, with Skyy Vodka)||$24,95||-|
|"Pirate's Skull" (take glass home + $10)||$14,95||-|
|"Souvenir Disco Ball glass with Rum Punch Fever"||$12,95||-|
Alcoholic beverages prices
Note: As types, these beverages include COCKTAILS, FROZENS, SHOOTERS, DAIQUIRIS, MOJITOS, CORDIALS, LIQUEURS.
|Red's Rum Treasure (16oz)||$10,95|
|Carnival Cosmo, Long Island, Margarita Miracle; Limoncello Martini (Cucina del Capitano)||$8,95|
|The Superstar, Perfect Harmony, Mango Mojito, The Rock Star Margarita, Patron Ablaze, Spicy Mix, Cali Sound, Jager-Rita, Long Island Iced Tea, Bloody Mary, DJ, Turn-Table, The Clubber, Souvenir Disco Ball, The Cruiser, Mojito, Mai Tai, Sex On The Beach, Royal Flush, Beachcomber, Red's Remedy, Rum Runner Jumper, Caribbean Iced Tea, Frog's Island Iced Tea, Dirty Mojito, Ting Mojito, Jamaican Sunrise, Blue Bahama, Americano (Cucina del Capitano, Stolichnaya vodka)||$8,75|
|"The Fun Ship" drink price for a 15oz souvenir glass (refill the glass for $6,75)||$7,50|
|The Twilight Zone, Miami Vice, Dirty Banana, Mudside, Rum Runner, Frozen Cappuccino, Mango Swirl, Hurricane Wave, Kiss on the Lips, Mocha Chocolate Getaway, Shade-Ade, Caribbean Colada, Mango Magic, Blue's Blue Margarita, Mimosa, Red's Strawberry Daiquiri (non-alcoholic for $4,95)||$7,50|
|Peach Bellini (Cucina del Capitano, Prosecco)||$6,75|
|The Red Temptation, Spicey Love Song, Kamikaze, Woo Woo (discounted 4 for $20), Electronic, Pop, Hip Pop, Rock||$5,95|
|Daiquiri (Banana, Strawberry, Mango, Pina Colada, Raspberry, Lemonade, Peach, Hurricane)||$7,25|
|MARTINIS - Tiramisu, Appletini, Pomtini, Saketini, Cosmopolitan, Bluemoon, Beautiful Girl, Red Rocker||$8,95|
Note: Alcohol prices are per glass plus Fun Shop prices (per bottle). As types, these include VODKAS, GINS, LIQUEURS, RUMS, TEQUILAS, BRANDY-COGNAC and BLENDS-SCOTCH-WHISKEY-BOURBON-SINGLE MALT.
|Alcohol brands||Prices per glass||Prices per bottle|
|Baileys, Cointreau, Chambord||$6,50||$80|
|Sour Apple Pucker, Triple Sec, Cinzano/Vermouth, Creme De Banana/De Cacao/De Menthe Green||$4,75||$50|
|Drambuie, Grand Marnier, Jagermeister||$6,50||$85|
|Frangelico, Kahlua, Sambuca, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria, Limoncello||$5,50||$75|
|Stolichnaya, Smirnoff, Finlandia, Three Olives, ABSOLUT||$6,50||$85|
|Belvedere, Grey Goose||$9,95||$105|
|Canadian Club Whiskey, Jack Daniels Black||$5,75||$75|
|Glenmorangie, Johnny Walker Black, Glenfiddich 12||$7,95||$95|
|Crown Royal, Dewar's White, Jameson, Jim Beam||$6,95||$85|
|Dewar's 12, Chivas, Maker's Mark||$7,95||$90|
|Beefeater, Slow Gin||$5,50||$65|
|Appleton, Captain Morgan Spiced, Gosling's||$6,50||$85|
|Bacardi, Malibu Coconut||$6,50||$80|
|Brandy, Sherry/Campari, Schnapps (Hiram, Peppermint), Pernod||$4,75||$50|
|Remy Martin VSOP||$9,25||$90|
Note: All prices are not inclusive of the 18% gratuity.
|Chivas Regal (scotch)||$7,50|
|Courvoisier VSOP (cognac)||$7|
|Bacardi (rum), Absolut (vodka)||$5,95|
|Canadian Club (whisky)||$5,75|
|(beers) Amstel Light, Beck's, Heineken, Heineken Light||$5,95|
|Rockstar, Rockstar Sugar Free||$4,75|
|Bottled Water (1,5L, Crystal Geyser)||$4,25|
|Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Orange Juice, Tonic Water||$1,95|
AMERICAN TABLE cocktail prices
|MIMOSA (sparkling wine, fresh orange juice)||$7,50|
Carnival cruise Martini Tasting
- The Carnival's "Martini Tasting" deal will cost you $17 per person.
- The list of all favorite martinis with Finlandia Vodka in your booze fun package/tour includes: "Berry Melody", "Mangotini", "Florida Squeeze", "Spicy Chipote", "Pomegranate Breeze", "Jack Julep", "Melon Crush" and the "Classic Cosmo" (for their exact ingredients - see the recipes link below).
- Martini Tasting is available fleet-wide, but depending on ship/itinerary they offer it from twice a cruise to every night. To be sure when and where - check the "FunTimes" (onboard newspaper), it should be listed there.
Bon Voyage is open for business from Monday through Friday (9 AM to 6 PM EST) and closed on Memorial-Independence-Labor days, Thanksgiving, Christmas-New Years days.
- Bon Voyage/Fun Shop orders are accepted up to 1 week prior departure.
- If an item is not available at sailing time, an item of equal value will be substituted.
- Fun Shop purchases will not show up on your booking info (meant to be a surprise after all). Carnival sends conformation emails. If you didn't receive the email (sometimes it just happens) - send request for confirmation.
- All prices below are per bottle and don't include tax.
- Alcohol brands are occasionally changed.
- Tips: Fresh lemon and lime you can order via 24-hour room service (complimentary). If you buy souvenir glass, you can mix your "Bon Voyage" drinks in it and carry them wherever you want on the ship.
|Liquor brands||Current prices||prices 2015||prices 2013|
Fun Shop WINES (prices per bottle)
Fun Shop drink packages (beer, soda, bottled water, juices/mixers, energy drinks)
Tip: Fun Shops water cost is pretty high. Instead, you can buy a gallon (3,8 L) of distilled water from your cabin steward for US$3. Or use for free tap water on the boat - it is perfectly fine for drinking.
BEERS (prices for a 4-pack)
SODAS, JUICES, ENERGY DRINKS
Carnival Bon Voyage alcohol policy rules
- Any alcohol purchased through Fun Shops is delivered to staterooms (not to dining room tables).
- If you buy wine through Bon Voyage, you don't pay corkage fee.
- There's a limit of max 2 bottles per cabin when ordering liquor (until recently it was 4 btls).
- In the above list if you don't see something be sure to call/ask.
- Due to Alabama and Texas alcohol laws, Carnival ships departing from Mobile AL and Galveston TX can't deliver alcoholic drinks to staterooms until the ship is in international waters (delivery may even be delayed until the following day).
Bon Voyage/Fun Shops prices updates
In January 2018, Carnival added 15% delivery fee to any items pre-purchased from Fun Shops (prior departure). However, it doesn't apply to all purchases. The list of not charged items include packages (Bottomless Bubbles, Cheers, Cruise Cash, Internet, water packages). The new delivery fee doesn't apply also to any liquor packages bought onboard with intent to carry home at the end of the voyage. The charge is added when, after having made Fun Shops selections, passengers make actual purchase.
Carnival regularly makes "price corrections" on its Bon Voyage/Fun Shop liquor. While 12-year scotch from $75 now is $80, it's still way cheaper than $7-8 a drink at ship's bars.
- In March 2013, CCL renamed their retail section from "Bon Voyage" to "The Fun Shops". Along with the name they changed prices as well.
- On most items prices were increased from 20 to 40%. Some of the "most expensive" examples are 9" BV Cakes ($9,95 to $14), "Fruit Supreme" basket ($39 to $50), and most of the liquor (up by 10-15% on average).
- In June 2013, liquor prices were souring up again - the most "extravagant" cases showed up to 25% increase.
- Carnival Bon Voyage liquor prices are in US dollars, both per bottle and per glass (1,5 fl oz, 45 ml). The list of services (besides ordering liquor and fine wines) also includes special offers and various Carnival branded merchandise.
- Fun Shop alcohol prices are about 2-3 times higher compared to your local liquor store. However, the savings you'll make onboard with this option make them well worth the purchase. While these prices may somehow seam a little bit over the edge, this service is a very convenient option to start your vacation.
- Bon Voyage alcohol ordering saves good money. Most liquor brands are in 33,8 fl oz (1L) bottles, which makes these "alcohol packages" great deals.
- And remember, the limit is 2 bottles per cabin.
Company's alcohol policy is mostly about bringing wine on Carnival ships. The allowance is one 750ml bottle of wine/Champagne per 21+yo passenger, only once (on embarkation day) and only in carry-on luggage.
Bringing alcohol on Carnival ships
Follows the list of "not allowed" alcohol-related rules.
- selling/serving alcohol to passengers under 21 yo. Carnival reserves the right to refuse to sale alcohol to anyone.
- buying alcohol for under-aged passengers
- Legal drinking age on Carnival ships is 21 years of age - both for purchasing and consumption of alcoholic beverages at all bars-lounges-shops.
- purchasing alcohol in seaports and onboard (duty-free) shops - your liquor is retained and stored until the end of the voyage.
- Carnival''s corkage fee (additional wine/Champagne serving charge when the wine wasn't bought on the premises) is $10 per bottle (if consumed in Main Dining Room) and $14 per bottle (specialty restaurants / at fee).
- "All you can drink" cruise deals are offered also on ship-charters and as bonus on party-themed cruises.
- Free alcohol on Carnival ships is offered at Captain's Welcome and Farewell cocktail parties, Past Guests receptions, art auctions, alcohol testings (at duty-free shops, usually on first day), Steakhouse reservations (free wine on first night promotions).
Carnival's alcohol and beverage policy rules were implemented (as officially stated) "to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board" - meaning to avoid shinanigans at sea.
Bringing water/soda on Carnival cruises
According to the old beverage policy:
- the allowance was max 12 bottles/cans (max 20oz each, sealed) of non-alcoholic beverages (soft drinks, bottled water, juice, milk, iced tea, etc.
- It allowed bringing soda on Carnival ships, but - only in carry-on luggage, in original and sealed containers (meaning not opened) and on each embarkation.
- "Each embarkation" meant you can do so at each port of call. It was an unwritten rule and one of the coolest "tips and tricks"). However, purchasing sodas at call ports is rather expensive.
(NEW) Carnival drink policy changes
Starting July 9, 2015, Carnival Cruise Lines changed radically its beverage policy, implementing new rules on bringing water on Carnival ships. Signs with beverage policy changes were posted at all homeports.
- Passengers are no longer allowed to bring their own bottled drinks on the ships. Main goal (as officially announced) is to lower the number of attempts by customers to smuggle alcohol using PVC bottles. Checking PVC bottles for liquor smuggling slows down the embarkation process, as security staff checks each bottle.
- Passengers are allowed to bring max 12 unopened cans (volume 12-oz) or cartons per person. The list of canned drinks includes soda, juices, milk, sparkling water - stored in carry-on luggage.
- Large coolers are not allowed, but you can take small coolers (max size 12x12x12 inches, or 30x30x30 cm) as carry-on luggage. These are used for non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications.
Since October 2015, in all call ports, Carnival passengers are allowed to bring nonalcoholic drinks on the ship. The allowance is only if the drinks are canned (or in cartons 12 ounces / 0,35 L or less). The enforced limit per person is 12 cans/cartons. Previously, the allowance for boarding the ship with beverages was for homeports only. The new rule didn't affect the ban on bottled beverages (enforced in July).
Carnival's wine policy remained unchanged, allowing passengers to bring 1 bottle of wine/Champagne per person (750 ml, unopened, in carry-on luggage). No other liquor is allowed on board. Also unchanged is the rule about bringing distilled water onboard, excluding only passengers who need it for babies or CPAP machines ("continuous positive airway pressure").
(NEW) Bottled water prices
Carnival Cruise Lines bottled water prices were USD 2,99 (plus tax) for a 12-pack. The pricing is if you buy it before the voyage. The pack will be delivered to your cabin before departure. Onboard water price was USD 4.99 (plus tax).
However, In March 2016, bottled water prices were raised by over 30%. The price for 12-pack of water was USD 3.99, (up from USD 2.99, or 33 cents per 17-oz bottle). In December 2016, Carnival raised water prices again. The current bottled water price for 12-pack (16,9 fluid oz bottles) is USD 4.50 (plus 18% gratuity if ordered onboard) or over 10% increase.
This is "cruise alcohol policy" of "cheap fun" people - read why some do it anyway. With Carnival, besides the thrill of sneaking something (alcohol or whatever), most smugglers do it because ships' alcohol prices are not cheap. Even if you order liquor through Fun Shops (prior departure) it's 2-3 times more expensive than in your local store. Some do it simply because Carnival doesn't supply their favorite brand.
The Fun Shops service allows pre-purchasing liquor to be delivered to staterooms the second day of the voyage. Online purchases' deadline is 1 week prior departure. Two useful "bringing alcohol on ships" tips:
- If you purchase your alcohol from Fun Shops, you're allowed to put your booze in a stainless steel flask (or Carnival tumbler) and carry it around the ship. Be sure not to take it with you while disembarking in ports. If security personnel find it, they will confiscate the flask when you re-board the ship. Of course, only if there's alcohol in it.
- Pack your empty flask in the carry-on bag. If you pack it in checked baggage, you'll most probably get called to the "naughty guys room" to open luggage for inspection.
How to smuggle alcohol on Carnival cruises?
This is the smuggler's know-how for sneaking alcohol on cruise ships in general. The question how to smuggle alcohol on ships is one of industry's oldest. Smuggling alcohol is against cruise lines policy rules. This practice is forbidden, illegal, emotionally dangerous - don't do it! Ship's personnel check passengers luggage - if you get caught, the hooch will be confiscated (basically that's all).
- The confiscated bottle(s)/cans are stored for safekeeping until the morning of voyage's last day). The "illegal" beverages (liquor/water/soda/wine) must be in original, manufacturer-sealed containers - other containers won't be returned. All unsealed liquids are discarded, without any compensation.
- "Rum Runner flask" (costs around $10) have the best chance to go through security checks. These flasks are usually smuggled in checked baggage and are almost undetectable. However, if security check your bags for another reason and sees them, flasks will be taken and not returned.
- "Wine Rack" is the lates booze-smuggling device. This boob enhancing, alcohol-filled bra contains over 25oz/750ml of your choice liquid. They are absolutely right by saying this is way better than a regular boob job, and way more cheaper too. Women look beautiful, and save money on over priced cruise drinks. The sneaking alcohol tool price is only US$30. Same priced is the "BeerBelly" (capacity up to 80oz/2,4L).
- Adults with a record of sneaking alcohol on Carnival ships, adults buying liquor for underage passengers and adults with other regular violations of company's beverage policy may end up even with "early" (no-compensation) disembarkation or get banned for life.
The following links are to CruiseMapper's Carnival drinks related articles:
- Wine Prices (by the glass and by the bottle) and wine packages
- Carnival Fun Shops liquor prices
- Bar menu drinks prices
- Cheers unlimited alcohol package - about the "Carnival All Inclusive Cruise Alcohol Included" option by the new "Cheers" Bar Program.
- Carnival drink packages - all about them (with info on the wine packages).
- Only the very best of all Carnival Drinks Recipes of the most famous cocktails at sea, ever! Learn how to make on shore the best of the best Carnival drinks - at much better prices!
- Our hub with all about the Carnival cruise information/ prices in general (Spa, Internet, etc).
- Carnival vs Royal Caribbean - compare Carnival with the Royal Caribbean drinks prices.
- Tips and tricks on cruise ship food and drinks and alcohol.