Royal Caribbean alcohol prices - learn immediately how much are drinks on Royal Caribbean International. See the list of free drinks, and the RCCL's bringing alcohol policy. Alcohol prices on Royal Caribbean ships are Bar drink menu prices (regularly updated).
This survey provides information on RCI's shipboard pricing for BEERS, COCKTAILS, SCOTCH-WHISKIES, COGNACS, BOURBONS, VODKAS, GINS, LIQUEURS, TEQUILAS, WINES (examplary, see more at RCI wine list), COFFEES, NON-ALCOHOLIC beverages. The next link provides an extensive information on alcoholic beverages from Royal Caribbean's cruise ship pub menus.
Note: RCI drink prices are not inclusive of the 15% gratuity charge. Our latest update added here the new Royal Caribbean drink packages (their cost, and what is included) - listed at page bottom. For more info you can also check RCI's menus (food and bar menus).
Royal Caribbean alcohol policy
According to the Royal Caribbean rules on drinking, the drinking age minimum for alcoholic beverages is 21 years of age on all cruises departing from North America. At the RCI's discretion, the drinking age limit can be lowered to 18 on cruises departing from ports in South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand) where the legal drinking age is 18. As on other cruise lines, RCI reserves the right to revoke/restrict drinking privileges of any passenger (regardless of age). Also, RCI retains the right to raise the minimum drinking age (for alcohol consumption) on any cruise when local laws require such a modification.
Since June 2018, RCI ship bars serve cocktails with optional plastic straws (not by default) - a new policy aiming to reduce sea pollution. "Why no straws?" signs at onboard bars fleetwide now indicate that drink orders will not automatically receive a straw, but only upon request.
Bringing alcohol on RCI ships
The RCI policy rules for bringing alcohol on Royal Caribbean cruise:
- bringing liquor/beer on Royal Caribbean on embarkation is strictly forbidden - not allowed. Ship security may inspect your luggage and liquid containers (soda and water bottles, mouthwash, etc). If found, the booze will be confiscated, stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Passengers under 21 wouldn't be getting any of their smuggled alcohol back. If a passenger violates the Royal Caribbean alcohol policy, the line's Guest Conduct Policy may be enforced, which also includes forcible disembarkation or not allowing boarding - at your own expense. The list of possible violations, besides any attempts to conceal alcohol at security/luggage check points, also includes over alcohol-consuming behavior, providing alcohol to minors (21- yo), demonstration of irresponsible behavior on board.
- bringing wine on Royal Caribbean (on embarkation day only). You are allowed to bring max 2 wine/Champagne bottles per cabin (bottle size 750ml or smaller). Remember - bottles must retain the original seal of the manufacturer and not to look tampered with.
- buying alcohol on Royal Caribbean. If you purchase alcohol in port or in the duty-free shop on board, they will hold it until the end (the last day) of the cruise.
- Note: All passengers must comply with TSA (Transportation Security Administration) guidelines for liquids' transportation.
NEW "bring your own wine onboard" policy (cruise ship corkage fee)
By the RCI's new wine policy, If you want to drink your own wine and champagne (brought onboard the ship) in public spaces (bars and restaurants), an USD 15 corkage fee per bottle will be applied to your bill.
- If a passenger received a bottle of wine/champagne purchased from Gift and Gear selection, corkage fee will not be applied when that wine/champagne is consumed in public areas.
- Cruise passengers are allowed to bring personal wine / champagne on the ship on embarkation day only. The quantity is limited to two bottles per stateroom (2x 750 ml). These (2 per cabin) bottles can be consumed in the stateroom with no corkage fee applied.
- However, RCI's wine corkage fee rule is rarely enforced/ infrequently charged.
- Note: This policy was officially removed in 2014 Fall (back then, corkage fee was USD 25 per bottle), but reapered in early June 2017. Unlike the old (pre-2014) onboard wine policy, currently RCI doesn't apply corkage fee to wine/champagne purchased on the ship.
NEW non-alcoholic beverage policy
Since September 2018, RCI's updated beverage policy allows passengers to bring their own non-alcoholic drinks on the ship.
Non-alcoholic beverages must be in carry-on or hand luggages (not in checked bags). The new policy allows bringing only small quantities and only on embarkation day (at homeports). The max allowed amount is 12x (twelve) 17oz cans/bottles per cabin. Also permitted by the new policy are specialized beverages (distilled water and milk).
Which drinks are free on Royal Caribbean?
(free drinks by the RCI's loyalty program "Crown and Anchor")
- Diamond+ members (passengers with 25+ RCI cruises) and guests booked in a Grand Suite or higher category have access to a nightly self-service free bar. This deal is on all RCI ships of the following classes - Radiance, Voyager, Freedom, Oasis and the new Quantum-class ships.
- On RCI ships of the Freedom, Oasis and Quantum-class, Diamond members (with 10-24 RCI cruises) have an exclusive access to the Diamond Lounge, where beer, wine (red/white/Champagne), mixed drinks and soda are for free.
- Free alcohol and drinks are also available at the onboard art auctions and past-guest gatherings.
How much are drinks on Royal Caribbean?
Note: The next link provides an extensive information on alcoholic beverages from RCI's cruise ship pub menus.
Note (limited offerings): Periodically, RCI feature beers unique to itinerary or of special interest. Ask your server for what's currently available on your sailing. The RCI's beer menus in onboard pubs, like "Hoof and Claw"'and "Wig and Gavel", have the most expanded beer lists, offering 16- or 20oz specialty beers, such as Murphy's Irish Stout, Newcastle Brown Ale, Boddingtons.
|Beer Brands||Prices (USD)|
(12oz) Dos Equis, Singha, Peroni, Pilsner Urquell, Tiger, Kirin Light, Bass Ale, Stella Artois, Beck's
(12 oz) Blue Moon Belgian Ale, Amstel Light, Corona Extra, Dos Equis, Heineken, Heineken Light, Paulaner Weiss, Red Stripe
(16 oz) Budweiser, Bud Light, Coors Light, Michelob ULTRA, Miller Lite
(24,5 oz) Foster's Oil Can
SABOR (Mexican restaurant) Cervezas (Mexican beers)
Note: In the following table all listed drinks (by RCI's cocktail drink menus) are with prices per glass.
|Cocktail Drinks||Prices (USD)|
|"TROPICAL SUNSET" (Myer's dark rum, Chambord, orange-pineapple-guava juices in a fresh pineapple)|
SABOR (Mexican restaurant) Cocktails (each at $13)
"ELDERPHIRE" (Bombay Sapphire gin, elderflower, sugarcane fresh lemon) - Bacardi Cruise Competition Winner
SABOR (Mexican restaurant) Cocktails (each priced at $11)
"BLOODY MARIA" (Patron Silver tequila, Island Oasis Bloody Mary mix)
"TORCHED CHERRY SANGRIA" (Bacardi Torched Cherry rum, Cointreau, red wine, fresh citrus)
"OAK NAD COKE" (Bacardi OakHeart Spiced rum, Coca-Cola)
"CARIBBEAN COOLER" (Cruzan Cocnut, pineapple-cranberry juices)
"PINEAPPLE BLAST" (Red Bull + pineapple juice)
"BORA BORA BREW" (Pineapple juice, Grenadine, ginger ale)
RCI's cruise cabin Mini-Bar drinks prices
- Mini bar items are charged to the SeaPass card of the 1st person registered in the cabin.
- Since 2017, except ordering from the "Continental Breakfast" menu, room-service is at fee (USD 7,95 per order) - reed more at Cruise Mapper's room service menu article.
|Stateroom Minibar Items||Prices (USD)|
|Bottled Water (1,5 L)||$4,55|
Royal Caribbean alcohol prices
Note: All listed below prices are per glass.
|SCOTCH and WHISKY brands||Prices (USD)|
|Johnnie Walker Blue (King George Edition)||$35|
|COGNAC brands||Prices (USD)|
|Grand Marnier (Cuvee du Centenaire)|
|Grand Marnier (Cuvee du Cent Cinquantenaire)|
"Louis XIII De Remy Martin"
|BOURBON brands||Prices (USD)|
|VODKA brands||Prices (USD)|
|GIN brands||Prices (USD)|
|LIQUEUR brands||Prices (USD)|
|(APERITIFS) Aperol, B&B, Campari, Fernet-Branca, Jagermeister, Pernod, Pimm's||$7|
|TEQUILA brands||Prices (USD)|
Note: Wines priced by the glass (examples) - see more at Royal Caribbean wine list (prices by the glass and bottle).
|WINE brands||Prices (USD)|
Castle Rock chardonnay; Peter Lehman shiraz; Beringer White Zinfandel
Caliterra, Tributo, Casablanca, Chile; Castello del Poggio, Moscato, Pavia
Domaine Chandon; Pinot Grigio, Danzante, Venezie, Italy; Aussieres Blanc by Barons de Rothschild - Lafite, Languedoc, France; Malbec Bodega Norton, "Barrel Select" Mendoza, Argentina; Aussieres Rouge by Barons de Rothschild - Lafite, Languedoc, France (Cabernet Sauvignon); Castle Rock, Monterey, California (Pinot Noir); D'Arenberg, "The Stump Jump White", Adelaide, Australia
Clos du Bois, North coast, California (Cabernet Sauvignon); Sauvignon Blanc Kim Crawford, Marlborough, New Zealand; Kendall-Jackson, Vintner's Reserve, California; Estancia, "Pinnacles Ranches", Monterey, California (Pinot Noir)
Chardonnay Hess, Su'skol Vineyard, Napa, California; Ferrari-Carano, Alexander, California (Cabernet Sauvignon)
Paco & Lola, Rias Baixas, Spain (Adventurous White)
Conundrum, California (Adventurous White)
Dow's, Vintage Port, Porto, Douro, Portugal; Moet & Chandon
Ferrari-Carano, Alexander, California (Chardonnay)
Veuve Clicquot champagne
RCI offers on its largest (Oasis-class) ships Starbucks coffee beverages.
|Coffee Beverages||Prices (USD)|
Spirited Coffee Cocktails
CHOPS GRILLE steakhouse (freshly brewed)
(Iced Blended) Caramel Frappuccino, Mocha Frappuccino
Tazo Tea Latte
Coffee, Iced Mocha, Coffee Frappuccino, Latte
White Chocolate Mocha
$3,75 / $4,50 / $5
$3,50 / $3,75 / $4,25
$3,50 / $4,25 / $4,75
$3,50 / $3,75 / $4,25
$2,75 / $3,25 / $3,50
$2,25 / $2,75 / $3
Iced Americano, Soy Milk, Espresso Double
Tazo Hot Tea
Iced Tazo Tea, Espresso Single
Extra Shot of Espresso
On RCI ships without dedicated Starbucks kiosks (all excepting the Oasis class), the line's unlimited drink packages "Royal Replenish" and "Ultimate" (all-inclusive) can be used for paying Starbucks beverages. Those ships serve Starbucks coffee beverages at the "Cafe Promenade" lounge bar (former Latte-tudes).
- Quantum-class ships serve Starbucks coffee drinks at the "La Patisserie" bar.
- Starbucks gift cards and the app can also be used for payment.
- Starbucks coffee cards are available for purchasing on select ships, and for use at "Starbucks at Sea" locations only (see above). The Starbucks coffee card includes 15 Starbucks beverages for USD 30 per card. Its value is for the current cruise only. The card is shareable.
Bottled Water (Evian 1 L)
|Bottled Water (Evian 500 ml)||$3,25|
Fresh-Squeezed Orange Juice (16 oz / 12 oz / 8 oz)
$4,95 / $3,95 / $2,50
JOHNNY ROCKETS (restaurant) drinks prices
|Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite||$2,25|
The following RCI drink package prices are available on itineraries in Caribbean, Alaska and North America only (15% tips are additional).
Package prices on itineraries in Europe, Asia, Australia New Zealand and South America vary (15% gratuities are included).
Drink package policy
RCI cruise ship passengers should know about the line's drink package policy the following:
- Royal Caribbean drink packages are not shareable or transferable.
- When ordering beverage package on the ship, guests must present their SeaPass card when showing the package sticker to waiters.
- Packages do not include in-room drink purchases, or mini-bar drinks, including bottled water, canned soft drinks, bottled juices, beers.
RCI drink packages - prices and inclusions
IMPORTANT: Prices shown below are per person, per day. These package deals are available on RCI cruises with duration 3 nights or longer.
|Drink package||What is included||Prices (USD)|
premium coffee/tea, bottled (sparkling 375ml bottles or still 500ml bottles), freshly squeezed juices, cocktails (non-alcoholic only), Coca Cola fountain soda, 1 RCI souvenir cup.
beer, wine (by the glass /value up to USD 8), cocktails (non-alcoholic only), Coca Cola fountain soda, 1 RCI souvenir cup. Bonus option is the 20% discount on wine bottles purchases on board.
premium cocktails (alcoholic, value up to USD 12), frozen and non-alcoholic cocktails, beers, premium wine (by the glass /value up to USD 12), bottled water (still, 500ml bottles), Coca Cola fountain soda, 1 RCI souvenir cup. Bonus option is the 20% discount on wine bottles purchases on board.
"Ultimate" (fka "Deluxe")
"Ultimate" is an all-inclusive / unlimited drinks package (alcohol included), and offers the 20% wine bottles purchases discount too. As of 2018, all passengers 21 years of age and older are required to purchase the all-inclusive beverage package in case at least one other passenger in their cabin has one.
In September 2015 RCI presented company's new self-serve beer program on Freedom of the Seas. Holders of the RCI Ultimate, Premium and Select drink packages can already serve themselves Stella Artois beer. Ship's self-serve machines are located around the pool deck and in Windjammer buffet. All package-holders can make their purchases via a card that is swiped at the machines. The machines have built-in time limits to ensure no continuous pouring.
For beers different than Stella Artois or outside Windjammer Buffet and pool deck, package-holders have to see a bartender.
In the end of 2015, RCI started testing one-day beverage packages and a 10-drink punch card onboard its cruise ships. RCI vessels have been given the option to test various beverage package offerings. The decision of which program to feature, if any, is made by the ship. For example, a one-day beverage package on Enchantment of the Seas was offered for USD 65 per person and included unlimited cocktails, select glasses of wine, beer, as well as bottled water, specialty coffees and juices. These offerings are tests and might/might not be rolled out in the near future.
Bottled alcohol packages
In addition to the unlimited alcohol packages, RCI offers 2 packages available for in-cabin consumption. They can be purchased at the onboard Royal Gifts shop and each combines Coca-Cola products with a bottle of liquor.
- "Bacardi Gold plus Coca-Cola" package costs USD 40 and includes one bottle of Bacardi Gold (Puerto Rico manufactured rum, 375 ml) combined with four Coca-Cola cans.
- "Bombay Sapphire plus Tonic" package costs USD 43 and includes one bottle of Bombay Sapphire (Laverstoke Mill, Hampshire UK manufactored gin, 375 ml) combined with four Tonic water cans.
- The list of RCI ships currently selling these new bottled alcohol packages includes Explorer, Legend, Mariner, Ovation, Quantum, Radiance, Splendour, Vision and Voyager.
Next are listed CruiseMapper's Royal Caribbean drinks related articles - your RCI "Booze Cruise" options reviewed. At some of the links you can also compare the "booze cruise" options of RCI's major rival - Carnival Cruise Lines.
- Royal Caribbean food and bar menus
- Royal Caribbean all-you-can-drink package (about the "Classic" and "Premium" booze package inclusions), which you can compare with the Carnival Cheers all-you-can-drink package by CCL's new alcohol inclusive package program.
- Royal Caribbean wine prices (by the glass/bottle)
- Carnival drinks prices
- Carnival wine prices
- Carnival Fun Shop liquor prices
- Carnival Cruise Line's alcohol policy and beverage policy
- Carnival Drink Recipes