If you're curious about the new Royal Caribbean wine package, and what is the cost of wine on Royal Caribbean cruises, this CruiseMapper's survey has the complete Royal Caribbean wine list with prices by the glass and by the bottle.
Our review about the wine package on Royal Caribbean will show you the RCL cruise lines wine selection and what is the wine package cost (prices for 5, 7, 10 & 12 bottles of wine). Look at the list of closely related topics and integrated articles, all located in our "Alcohol Drinks Packages Menus" section.
- RCCL all-you-can-drink package/alcohol inclusive
- Royal Caribbean menus
- RCI wine packages
- RCI wine list prices
- RCI dining packages
- cruise lines' alcohol policies
integrated with our Royal Caribbean drink prices hub.
Royal Caribbean wine policy
It is about the Royal Caribbean wine allowance in the carry-on luggage policy.
On November 1, 2012, RCI implemented new wine rules according to which passengers are allowed to bring on board 2x750 ml bottles of wine/champagne per cabin on embarkation day (bottles must retain their original manufacturer's seals). If you bring more than 2 bottles, the additional wine will be secured by ship staff to be returned prior to disembarkation.
NEW: Since March 3, 2023, RCI has a new wine/champagne allowance which is only bottle (750 ml) per adult and not per cabin. This means that if in the stateroom (especially in the larger-sized suites) are more than 2 adult passengers they are now allowed to bring one bottle per person/more wine.
The wine must be in the carry-on/not in the checked luggage. The new rule still forbids bringing boxed wine as well as liquor and beer on the ship.
Your wine can be consumed without charge only in your cabin/also on the balcony. Until 2014, if you choose to drink it elsewhere on board, a $25 corkage fee was applied. The only exception from the wine rule was if you've received it as an amenity via RCI (Gifts and Gear, GAP, etc). Then you were allowed to consume it at any of the public venues on board without charge. The list of these venues included main dining rooms, specialty restaurants, bars & lounges).
The Royal Caribbean wine corkage fee rule was rarely enforced. The fee was infrequently charged, and officially removed in 2014-Q3.
Royal Caribbean wine packages - prices, how does it work, is it worth it
"Sip Tour Brunch" combines a Chef-led Galley Tour (ship's kitchen) with unlimited champagne. The 2,5-hours, adults-only activity also includes a Main Dining Room brunch with unlimited sparkling wine. Closed-toe shoes are required.
IMPORTANT: Royal Caribbean wine package offers are not currently available. The following information relates to the company's old wine package deals (history and price changes). According to an unofficial mail contact information, RCI's wine package deals are currently offered on the Oasis ship. However, recently we received unofficial information (from an RCI customer) that once you are on the ship, you could ask for a wine package and they could make arrangements for one. I don't know what's the idea behind selling discounted wine "under the table", but if it's true - well, cheers!
By pre-purchasing a wine package on Royal Caribbean ships (5-7-10-12-bottles, online ordering, prior to sailing) you can save up to a quarter of regular wine list prices.
Officially named "Wine and Dine Package", these special promotional offers are on wine that you can receive on board and which you'll be able to enjoy at the following dining venues - the Main Dining Room (MDR), the Windjammer Cafe (WJ, casual buffet), specialty restaurants (SR). The answers to some FAQs:
- How - you can order your wine packages prior to the cruise, (up to 4 days before it), at this RCI link by logging into your pre-cruise planner (for more info call the RCI's phone number for technical assistance (800) 398-9819.
- Where - you can get the wine from your package in the MDR/WJ/SR.
- Can I - if you get a bottle of wine at dinner and don't finish it, they will save it for you there or you can take the rest back to your cabin or any of the bars and lounges on the ship.
- Depending on cruise destination/region, prices may be different, particularly in Europe where they might add an extra tax onto beverages.
Royal Caribbean wine package
IMPORTANT: Keep in mind, that the following information is currently not valid. While the link at the RCI's website related to the line's wine package deals is still available, it doesn't work. We keep a record of these offers because there is a big chance (due to high demand from passengers) RCI to reinstate its wine package offers.
Royal Caribbean wine package deals enable guests to buy a predetermined number of a special selection of wines and save up to 25% from the normal price in the wine list. As of March 2013, there's a new "Wine and Dine" Package called "Premium Platinum Package" - its cost depends on the number of bottles [below prices are without the 15% gratuity added]:
- 5 bottles US$165
- 7 bottles US$220
- 10 bottles US$300
- 12 bottles US$335
- (SPARKLING) "Caposaldo/Prosecco", "Chateau Ste Michelle"
- (WHITE) "Moscato/Castello del Poggio", "Attems/Pinot Grigio", "Kim Crawford", "Caliterra", "Penfolds/Koonunga Hill", "Glen Carlou", "Aussieres Blanc/Rothschild", "Mer Soleil/Santa Lucia", "Zinfandel/Beringer"
- (RED) "Spy Valley", "Charles Krug/Merlot", "Arboleda/Carmenere", "Torres/Ribera del Duero/Celeste", "Trumpeter/Rutini", "Weighbridge/Shiraz", "Frescobaldi/Castello di Nipozzano/Riserva", "Penley Estate/Phoenix", "Mondavi/Cabernet" (not Solaire), and "Aussieres Rouge/Rothschild".
- The old "Gold Wine Package":
- (SPARKLING) "Chateau Ste Michelle", Washington
- (WHITE) Pinot Grigio ("Danzante"), Sauvignon Blanc ("Caliterra"), Chardonnay ("Aussieres Blanc by Barons de Rothschild" & "Castle Rock"), "Zinfandel/Beringer"
- (RED) "Caliterra", "Trumpeter" (Malbec), "Castle Rock", "Aussieres Rouge /Rothschild", "Weighbridge" (Peter Lehmann, AU).
- The old "Platinum Wine Package":
- (SPARKLING) "Chateau Ste Michelle, WA
- (WHITE) "Chateau Ste Michelle" (Riesling), "Danzante", "Caliterra", "Dashwood" (NZ), "Aussieres Blanc" (Rothschild), "Castle Rock", "Kendall-Jackson, "Vintner's Reserve", "Solaire" (Robert Mondavi), "Beringer"
- (RED) "estancia/Pinnacles Ranches", "Caliterra", "Trumpeter", "Castle Rock", "Kendall-Jackson/Vintner's Rsrv", "Aussieres Rouge" (Rothschild), "Weighbridge", "Ravenswood" (Old).
- The old "Diamond Wine Package":
- (SPARKLING) "Rosa Regale" (Banfi), "Chateau Ste Michelle"
- (WHITE) "Chateau Ste Michelle", "Danzante", "Caliterra", "Ferrari-Carano" (Fume Blanc), "Dashwood", "Aussieres Blanc" (Rothschild), "Castle Rock", "Kendall-Jackson" (VR), "Solaire (Mondavi), "Conundrum", "Beringer"
- (RED) "Estancia/Pinnacles Ranches", "Spy Valley" (NZ), "Charles Krug", "Caliterra", "Trumpeter", "Arboleda Colchagua" (Carmerere), "Castle Rock", "Kendall-Jackson" (VR), "Aussieres Rouge/Rothschild", "Weighbridge", "Cline", "Ravenswood" (Old).
Any orders of Wine and Beverage packages are modified up to 4 days before the sailing date either by calling (800) 398-9819 or on-line. Once on board, the guest may cancel/change the wine package for the onboard credit. Any orders of Wine and Beverage packages that are canceled up to 4 days before the sailing date are fully refundable. However, once on board, the refunds are credited to the guest's account. Partially consumed packages are charged at full price.
Included in the RCCL all-inclusive beverage packages are all wines by the glass which cost up to $8 (select package). Those wines by the glass which cost up to $12 are included in the ultimate and premium packages (for more info see our RCI beverage packages survey).
- Portofino Wine Dinner Series event features an evening of excellent Italian wines and four-course full Italian Feast in a friendly atmosphere. Each of the courses is served with specially selected wine to enhance the flavors of food. Portofino Wine Dinner Series is offered on Royal Caribbean ships with Portofino Restaurant and itinerary of 4 or more days. Guests have to be 21 years or older. Portofino Wine Dinner Series begins at 7:30 p.m. Allow 2 1/2 hours for the dining experience.
WINE list prices
In the following table, we show both per bottle and by the glass prices (of wines currently available, shown in brackets).
WHITE WINES prices
|Wine Brands||Prices per bottle (by the glass)|
Sparkling White Wines & Champagne
ROSE / BLUSH WINES
RED WINES prices
|Wine Brands||Prices per bottle (by the glass)|
|Rosado Bodegas Julian Chivite, Navarra, Spain||($7) $29|
|Malbec Bodega Norton, “Barrel Select”, Mendoza, Argentina||($10) $40|
|Wine Brands||Prices per bottle (by the glass)|
|KOSHER WINESBaron Herzog (Chardonnay & Merlot), Kosher, California||$41|
|ALCOHOL-FREE WINES by Sutter Home (Sparkling, Chardonnay, "Premium Red"), California||$26|
RCI and the quality of the "Chateau Lafite Rothschild" wines - the course to discover the taste of 4 distinct "Special Reserve" French wines [Bordeaux (Blanc & Red), Medoc and Pauillac]. This 1-hour session will provide you with the chance to enjoy a most educational lecture led by a sommelier from the firm explaining the Bordeaux wine region and talking about its most famous winemakers. Wine courses can be pre-booked in travel agencies, or can be booked directly once you're on board.
RCI and the largest automated wine serving system on ships - explore fine wines on your own. The RCCL's Liberty and Freedom ships feature the biggest ultra-modern automated wine dispensing machines in their Vintages Wine Bars. You can sample some of the world's top wines using their 48-bottle WineStation serving system. By utilizing a temperature control to maintain the perfect temperature, these machines can preserve their wines for up to 2 months. At Vintages, guests may try wines that are not usually offered by the glass. At these machines you can buy glass, half glass and taste portions, the LCD screen shows the wine's year, varietal and region.