Carnival Cruise Line fleet
Review of Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Lines (CCL) is a US cruise company based in Doral, Florida (Miami suburb). The company was originally private (independent), founded in 1972 by Ted Arison (1924-1999). The initial public offering of 20% common stock in 1987 provided capital for fleet expansion. Today, CCL (global market share 22% / passengers and 9% / revenue) is one of the 10 brands owned by Carnival Corporation - world's largest passenger shipping company (followed by RCCL Royal Caribbean). As of 2018, Carnival Corporation controls around 39% of the global ship cruising market (revenue) and around 48% (passengers), with full ownership of 9 brands (AIDA, CCL, Costa, Cunard, Holland America, P&O / UK and Australia, Princess, Seabourn).
The following table shows statistical data about CCL's market share (as fleet and passenger capacity / ship-berth numbers) in comparison to other major cruise companies.
|Parent Company||Subsidiaries||Fleets (vessels per brand)||Passenger Capacity (berths per brand)|
|Carnival Corporation||CCL (Carnival Cruise Lines)||26||71300|
|Carnival Corp||Holland America||15||25900|
|Carnival Corp||P&O UK||8||18600|
|Carnival Corp||P&O Australia||5||8200|
|Carnival Corp||TOTAL||103 ships||233,200 berths|
|RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd)||RCI (Royal Caribbean International)||26||84,700|
|RCCL||TOTAL||64 ships||141400 berths|
|NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd)||NCL (Norwegian Cruise Lines)||16||46600|
|NCLH||TOTAL||26 ships||54400 berths|
|(other large brands)|
3- Star Cruises (GHK)
4- Dream Cruises (GHK)
6- Viking Ocean
CCL has the largest fleet in Corporation's group of companies and accounts for over 1/5 of group's worldwide market share. CCL's executive control is provided by Corporation's North American division. Carnival pioneered the concept of less expensive, short-break cruise itineraries. In 1996, the 101,000-GT Carnival Destiny (now Sunshine) became the world's biggest passenger ship and the first to weigh over 100,000 tons. In October 2012, Carnival Corporation ordered a new-class liner for CCL. It was built by Fincantieri (Italy) as company's largest ever, with passenger capacity 4000, GT tonnage 133,500, speed 23kn (43 kph / 26 mph). The Panama-flagged newbuild (Carnival Vista) was delivered in 2016.
In October 2018, the word "tender" (large boat used for ship-to-shore passenger transportation in ports without berthing facilities) was replaced with "water shuttle". Since Dec 1, 2018, violators of company's shipboard smoking policy are disembarked at the next call port. Previously, they were fined USD 500 cleaning fee.
In February 2019, CCL added X-ray security 3D scanning at 9 of company's homeports in North America. For the project (installing a total of 91 units) was contracted "VOTI Detection" (Montreal-based company). The 3D scanners feature advanced imaging and remote diagnosis capabilities. They save the image files which (if needed) can be later re-analyzed.
- In March 2019, CCL signed an exclusive partnership with Lakeland Brewing Company (Florida) to can and keg CCL own private label beers crafted by a professional brewery team on the new liners Vista and Horizon (at sea). The 3 new craft beers (ThirstyFrog Caribbean Wheat, ParchedPig West Coast IPA, ParchedPig Toasted Amber Ale) are based on unique recipes and currently available (on tap and in 16-oz cans) fleetwide and also at CCL's private port destinations. In October were added ParchedPig Pumpkin Ale and ParchedPig Beach Lager. In mid-March 2019 started construction works on the exclusive Carnival Terminal 3 in Port Canaveral (scheduled inauguration in Oct 2020).
- In April 2019, CCL expanded the shipboard youth programming (fleetwide) via exclusive partnership with Zumbini. The company specializes in 45-min high-energy classes and activities (for kids 0-4 years-old) that combine playing, singing and dancing. Zumbini classes (created by Zumba and BabyFirst) feature group sing-alongs, using musical instruments and learning activities. Carnival's Zumbini program is free of charge, led by ship's youth staff and with 2 classes (30-min each) held at Camp Ocean and other venues. The program targets Carnival Penguins (2-to-5 years old) and is available on itineraries 6-day or longer.
- In May 2019, CCL partnered with Harlem Globetrotters (exhibition basketball team) to serve as team's official cruise line sponsor, with Carnival-inspired activations taking place at 150+ shows per year.
- In July 2019, CCL signed a partnership with "Clean the World" - hospitality recycling organization that recycles hotel soap and amenities. Carnival fleet's discarded remnants from staterooms are taken to a recycling center ashore where are sanitized, melted down and reprocessed. The newly-formed bars are not reused onboard, but distributed to vulnerable communities worldwide. As of 2019, Clean the World recycles and distributes recycled hygiene products to 127+ countries.
- (news 5978) In August 2019, CCL signed a deal with The Bahamas to build a new cruise port on Grand Bahama Island. The project (~USD 100 million) will create ~1000 jobs.
- In November 2019, CCL partnered with Uplift (travel now and pay over time platform). Instead of paying in full upon booking, Uplift Pay Monthly allows Carnival’s customers to pay their cruise over time - by making monthly payments for up to 2 years (24 months). The new option allows securing the ship, stateroom and itinerary with a predetermined payment plan and monthly amounts. The new cruise payment option is available for US and Canadian residents only, for all Carnival cruise destinations and through any travel agent, via Carnival.com and company’s call centers. In late-November 2019 was launched shop.carnival.com (online retail store) selling Carnival-logoed merchandise.
Since January 2020, via partnership with PepsiCo Carnival's North American fleet serves various Pepsi-branded beverages, including sparkling water, energy drinks, iced teas, sodas, juices (also no-sugar and low-calorie variations), Starbucks coffee. The list of Carnival's PepsiCo beverages includes Bubly (water), Gatorade (sports drink), Naked Juice, MTN Dew (carbonated), Pepsi, Pepsi Zero, Pure Leaf (iced teas), Sierra Mist (lemon-lime flavored), Sierra Mist Zero.
NEW Carnival-XL ship
The shipbuilder is Meyer Werft (Turku Shipyard, Finland). The vessel (Carnival Mardi Gras) is scheduled for delivery in 2020 and will be homeported in Port Canaveral Florida. A second liner (sistership) from the same XL series will be delivered in 2022, with its construction starting in 2020. In 2022, Carnival Cruise Line celebrates the company's 50th Anniversary.
The XL-Class design features a new (red-white-navy blue) hull and was created by the NYC-based naval architecture firm "Bluarch Architecture". The new liner has length 1130 ft (344 m), passenger capacity 5200 (lower berths) and will offer various fleet first and industry-first innovations.
(NEW) Carnival China cruise brand
In February 2015, Carnival Corporation signed a MoU with China Merchants Group for 2 joint ventures. The MoU outlined an eventual partnership that could result in a new cruise brand (joint shipowner company), as well as joint development plans for Chinese seaports and destination.
- MoU's joint venture port plans included the development of transit and turnaround/homeports within China. China Merchants Group (founded 1872) is a state-owned company focusing on infrastructure and transportation, also real estate development and financial services. Currently, Carnival Corporation serves the Chinese market through the brands Princess and Costa.
- In October 2015, Carnival Corp signed an agreement with the Chinese companies SWS (Shanghai Waigaoqiao Shipbuilding Co Ltd, a subsidiary of CSSC / China State Shipbuilding Corporation) and China Investment Corp. The USD 3,88 billion deal established the Hong Kong-based joint venture company CSSC Carnival Cruise Shipping to place ship orders with SWS. The company plans to build up to 5 new vessels per year for the next 15-20 years. All ships will be China-homeported and with technical support and design plans provided by Fincantieri. SWS builds some of the world's largest container ships (capacity up to 21000 TEUs) for CSCL.
In February 2017, Carnival Corp and CSSC announced an agreement to build 2 new ships for "CSSC Carnival Cruise Shipping Ltd". The deal was officially signed on November 6, 2018.
- The shipbuilding project has total value ~USD 1,5 billion, not including the options for 4 more liners. Additionally, CSSC Carnival Cruise Shipping will purchase 2 existing liners from Costa Group - Costa Atlantica (scheduled transfer by 2019-Q3) and Costa Mediterranea (transfer date TBA).
- The shipbuilder is SWS. Another joint venture - "CSSC Cruise Technology Development Co Ltd" (SWS plus Fincantieri) will grant shipbuilding technology licenses and provide technical services to SWS, including supply chain and project management, components, fundamental marine systems. New liner's design will be specifically tailored for Chinese cruisers.
- First ship's delivery was scheduled for 2023, a second follows in 2024. Ship design is based on Vista-Class, with GT 85,000 tons and passenger capacity around 2800.
Carnival Cruise Line ships
Carnival Cruise Line is best-known for implementing top-notch marine technologies, innovative vessel construction methods and ship designs. Its customers are mostly Americans, 30% of which under 35 yo, 40% - between 35-55, 30% over 55.
All CCL liners names have the prefix "Carnival", and are also trademarked "The Fun Ships". Also trademarked is the ship's funnel - colored in red-white-blue, and shaped like a whale tail. Company's vessels offer spacious public spaces and staterooms that are one of the largest at sea with a huge variety of stateroom types in several categories. Between the high-quality amenities are Carnival's terry robes and "Comfort Bed" sleep system with deluxe mattresses, linens, duvets, and pillows - Suite guests can even choose from a "pillow menu".
Carnival is famous for its great cuisine and multiple dining options. The long list of dining venues includes the Main Dining Rooms (with 5-course meals), Chef's Table (ship tour and gourmet cuisine), Supper Club with steakhouse favorites (reservations-only), BlueIguana Cantina (Mexican), Sushi Bar, European-style Patisseries and Cafes, Poolside Bars, themed Kids Dining, Midnight Buffets, 24-hour Pizza and Room Service.
Carnival Cruise Lines ships provide a variety of onboard activities - from napkin-folding classes, Vegas-style revues, and gourmet and galley-kitchen tours to cool deck parties, belly-flop pool competitions, and waterslide races. Signature shipboard facilities are Seaside Theatre (outdoors), Thrill Theatre (3D Cinema), Disco Nightclub, Casino (gambling, tournaments), Stage Shows, Playlist Productions, Hasbro Game Show, Carnival Waterworks (aqua park with slides).
For those who love sports, Carnival has done a great job by creating the SportSquare with ropes SkyCourse, SkyRide and Basketball Court, also used also for Soccer and Volleyball. Since October 2016, Carnival Cruise Line ships offer bocce court activities, due to an inflatable court developed by the company Packaworld (New Zealand). The new activity was added following successful test trials (on Carnival Glory and Carnival Pride) run by American Bocce Company (USA).
Bocce (aka bocci) is a nodules sport similar to lawn bowls. However, the traditional courts are usually made of wood and sized 60x12 ft (1830x365 cm, which is a lot of space to install bocce on cruise ships. To overcome the problem, the NZ company Packaworld developed inflatable "Packabocce", making it easier to bring the game to new locations. The portable courts are sized 30x8 ft / 914x244 cm (recreation) and 22x6 ft / 670x180 cm (mini court) and can be set up in just minutes.
The portable bocce courts are also available in some of the ship's indoor public spaces (including bars). The new onboard activity is offered fleetwide, including on the Australia-based ships, where are also available giant board games (like Trivial Pursuit, Guess Who, Cranium).
SkyRide is an outdoor/aerial bicycle ride on the newest Vista-class Carnival ships.
This is cruise industry's first pedal-powered open-air bike ride in hanging bikes encircling around an 800-ft / 245-m long suspended track on the ship's top deck, allowing 360-degree panoramic views 150 ft / 46 m above sea level.
Foosball and Ping-Pong tables are available, as well as a Walking/Jogging track and Fitness Center with a separate room for Yoga, Aerobics and Pilates classes.
There is also a Mini-Golf course and great golf cruise packages created for keen golfers.
Carnival caters for families with amazing kids programs. Kids club activities by "Camp Ocean" kids program feature "Dr. Seuss at Sea" entertainment programming. At the same time moms and dads are able to unwind in the many relaxation lounges and complexes: Carnival Cloud 9 Spa, Serenity Adult Retreat, themed Bars (RedFrog, BlueIguana, Alchemy, Havana, Sports), big-size Swimming Pools and Whirlpools.
Carnival has been spending a lot on fleetwide refurbishments and upgrades since 2007. The initiative "Evolutions of Fun" cost USD 350 million on 8x Fantasy-class liners and included new open-deck spaces, kids- and family-themed facilities and activities, "Carnival WaterWorks" aqua park with water-slides.
The "Fun Ship 2.0" program (launched in 2011) cost USD 500 million and added fleetwide new dining venues, redesigned cabins, themed bars, lounges, clubs. Program's biggest part was the Carnival Destiny-Carnival Sunshine transformation in 2013 - USD 155 million, 49-day drydock refit-refurbishment.
This official YouTube video reviews Dream-class vessels (Breeze, Dream, Magic) as facilities and onboard amenities.
Next link is to CruiseMapper's Carnival cruise secrets, tips, and tricks. At the following link, you can compare Carnival's major rival - Royal Caribbean (fleet and review of RCI's cruising experience).
ATM (cash) machines are available onboard all Carnival ships since 2009. The service is exclusively provided by Cardtronics and available to both passengers and crew. In 2016, ATMs were also installed in ships' crew sections. Each Carnival ship has all 4 ATMs - 2 located in high-traffic passenger areas and 2 are exclusively for the crew.
Since August 2018, CCL doesn't require passengers to complete health-related questionnaires during check-in. Instead, they are asked to self-report illnesses, without answering questions on paper. At port terminals upon departure were installed health signage to remind practicing hand hygiene and reporting any illness to staff crew.
Carnival cruise gratuities (2019-2020 cruises)
Daily gratuities are per person (pp):
- USD 12,95 pp (standard staterooms - interior, oceanview, balcony, both adults and kids)
- USD 13,95 (suites). Suite perks (in addition to priority embarkation/debarkation in all ports, confirmed main dining room preference) also receive priority tender service, free in-cabin bottled water, 1 complimentary bag of laundry (per cruise), enhanced turndown service.
- Cruise gratuities for children - tips don't apply to kids less than two years of age.
- On Carnival ships departing from Australian ports tipping is not compulsory,
- On Cruises To Nowhere, the amount of gratuities PP per day is USD 12,95.
- Carnival Barbados deals (any itinerary visiting Barbados), all gratuities are prepaid and added upon booking.
- Daily gratuity is an automatic service charge added to the passenger's onboard account each day.
- Passengers can prepay gratuities.
- The amount of gratuities is split between the ship's staff (dining, housekeeping, cabin stewards).
- Room Service staff tipping is not compulsory.
For drinks purchases, an automatic 18% gratuity is added to the bill. Charges are applied directly to the onboard account. An automatic 15% gratuity is added to "Chef's Table" (dining package) cover charge and applied directly to the onboard account.
Follows the breakdown of the gratuities on Carnival cruises (in USD, per day, per person):
- Housekeeping staff: USD 4,05 (standard cabins) USD 5,05 (suites)
- Dining/wait staff: USD 6,40
- Alternative Services (kitchen, entertainment, passenger services, other hotel staff members): USD 2,50.
The following table shows the total amount of gratuities (per person) based on the Carnival cruise itinerary duration:
|Cruise Itinerary Length||Tips (standard cabin, pp) USD||Tips (suite cabin, pp) USD|
(NEW) Carnival shipboard Wi-Fi plans
In 2017, Carnival Cruise Line updated the cruise ship WiFi service fleetwide, introducing the option to pre-purchase Internet packages online.
Starting April 19, 2017, the company offers pre-purchasing internet plans (first introduced on Carnival Fascination and Carnival Vista). The option is available via "Manage My Booking’ (Carnival.com) where customers can select a package for the duration of the cruise.
The new Carnival WiFi plans can be purchased (at discounted rates) for either the entire voyage or for a day (24-hour period).
- "Social Package" (cost USD 8 per day, discount price $6,80 if pre-purchased prior to departure) offers access most popular applications and websites, including Facebook (and Facebook Messenger), Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, WhatsApp, plus the most popular airline websites. The Social plan doesn't include Snapchat, Facetime, iMessage, in-app calling or access to any other apps or websites.
- "Value Package" (cost USD 16 per day) offers access to all websites and apps, including e-mail, news, banking, sports, weather, all social media. The Value plan doesn't support music and video streaming or Skype calls.
- "Premium Package (cost USD 25 per day) offers the fastest possible Internet connection. Depending on coverage, speeds can be up to 3 times faster compared to the "Value Package". The Premium plan includes all apps and websites, plus streaming services and Skype video calling.
Since May 2017, Carnival offers a new, convenient option for fully booked passengers to select and pre-purchase Wi-Fi packages through carnival.com ("My Cruise Manager" tab). However, when purchasing W-Fi online, passengers must also pre-purchase an Internet package covering the whole voyage. Daily Internet packages are available onboard.
- WiFi package costs USD 12 per day, with discount price $10,25 if pre-purchased (prior deprture), 24-hour / daily rate $16.
- Premium WiFi package costs USD 17,70 per day ($14,88 if pre-purchased), , 24-hour / daily rate $25.
Booked Carnival cruise ship passengers can upgrade from one plan to another and are also allowed to use multiple devices per plan (including the ship's onboard computers), but only on one device at a time. All the new Carnival WiFi plans do not include video streaming (Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime) and don't support WiFi Calling (voice calls via the ship's Wi-Fi network) and Facetime (Apple's videotelephony) services. Printing services on the ship are provided at no charge.
Carnival "Future Cruise" booking
In May 2017, Carnival Cruise Line started offering new incentives to customers on current voyages if they book next cruise while on the ship.
- Cruisers are able to book a future Carnival cruise either while on the ship or within 2 weeks after the current cruise. Booking ashore can be done through travel agent or the Carnival HUB app. Onboard booking is through Loyalty and Cruise Rep. Before May 2017, passengers could only book a future cruise through onboard reps.
- At the time of booking, passengers are entitled to the following perks: reduced deposit, 2-category cabin upgrade, 20% off "Early Saver" rates with price protection.
- Passengers who opt to change the cruise date lose their onboard credit. That credit is forfeited in case the price drops and customers opt to rebook. Before May 2017, the amount of onboard credit offered was varying depending on itinerary's length, Now it is a flat rate of USD 25 per person (up to USD 50 per cabin) excepting suite staterooms, which receive USD 50 per person in onboard credit (up to USD 100 per cabin).
- Travel agents are able to book their customers into a group booking with the offer.
- Carnival's "Friends and Family" vouchers are not offered anymore. They used to allow passengers who may like to sail with you to get the same discount deal.
Carnival is the only cruise company allowing its customers to take advantage of a "Future Cruise Vacation" promo up to 2 weeks after the end of the voyage (debarkation).
In late-December 2018 was signed a contract with Speedcast (world's largest global satellite comm provider) to improve fleet's connectivity at sea. By this contract, Carnival increased fleet's bandwidth in order to provide highest-quality Internet at sea. Utilizing a total of 40 mini-satellites, Carnival now has the world's largest maritime satellite network. Specifically for Carnival, Speedcast developed the TrueBeam system, which constantly looks for weaknesses which would impact the satellite signal and instantly reroutes it to avoid interruptions. Such interruptions could be weather ("rain fade"), overcrowded networks and line-of-sight blockage.
Carnival fly-cruise deals Fly2Fun
Since 2015, Carnival Cruise Line offers a flight and cruise program (branded Fly2Fun) providing the company's potential customers with choice, convenience, and value when making flight arrangements in connection with the cruise.
Fly2Fun deals allow customizing flight reservations with different options, including the specifying preferred departure ports, flight schedules, airline/carrier, type of accommodation. Confirmations are received after making the reservation. Flights can be customized to allow pre- or post-cruise hotel stays.
- The Fly2Fun program is operated with Carnival's "Flight Protection". It guarantees that in case of missing the cruise departure (due to aircraft mechanical or weather-related issues) Carnival will fully cover the airfare, plus all the expenses related to transportation, meals, and hotels for the booked passengers to meet the ship in the next call port of the cruise itinerary.
- Within Carnival's flight cruise program there are 2 options available - "Restricted Air" and "Flexible Air".
- With Flexible Air, potential Carnival customers (or travel agents) can book cruise up to 4 days prior to departure with the "Book Now-Pay Later" feature. With this option, flights payment is collected together with the cruise's final payment. There are no fees if air changes are made outside of 60 days prior to departure.
- With "Restricted Air", flight tickets are non-refundable and due paid in full upon booking. Change fees are based on the airline's policy, once air tickets are issued.
- Fly2Fun (Carnival fly-cruise deals) are bookable only via phone. After the cruise reservation is made, customers can call "1-800-CARNIVAL" to make a flight reservation.
In November 2018, Carnival partnered with American Airlines for a new exclusive fly-cruise offer.
- Members of airline's loyalty program (AAdvantage) can earn up to 10,000 miles on voyages. AAdvantage cardholders can earn up to 20,000 miles.
- The deal includes Citi AAdvantage Platinum Card and Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard.
- AAdvantage members earn 1 mile per dollar spent on Carnival cruises. AAdvantage cardholders earn 2 miles per dollar spent.
- Miles are awarded per stateroom, but only 1 passenger per booking can earn the rewards. AAdvantage cardholders must book the cruise through "American Airlines Cruises" using their card to get an additional mile per dollar spent.
- The exclusive deal is offered on Carnival voyages November 1, 2018, through August 31, 2021.
Carnival's "Great Vacation Guarantee"
Since 2013, Carnival is the company providing industry's biggest and strongest vacation guarantee ever - "Great Vacation Guarantee". Starting with the Victory ship cruise from Miami (September 12, 2013), this new brand-building initiative allows CCL passengers to end their cruise vacation early if they aren't happy with the experience - and to receive a 110% refund in OBC. And this is not all!
- Unhappy customers also get a free air transportation home.
- Plus free ground transportation from the next call port.
- Plus free hotel stays (if necessary).
- Plus USD 100 onboard credit for a future Carnival cruise booking.
- Booking shore excursions through Carnival is the best deal in terms of money, quality of service and guaranteed ship departure/arrival times.
The only requirement is passengers must claim their unhappiness on the ship and within the first 24 hours after boarding.
Carnival HUB app
HUB app is a free download mobile app allowing onboard chatting between Carnival passengers. The app also provides access to ship-related information. A fee of USD 5 per device per cruise is required to activate the chat feature. The other functions are at no cost.
The HUB app was last updated in June 2017 and now offers the хew features weather forecast (for each day of the itinerary), dining menus, tips info (dress code, shipboard events schedules, deck plans, ports info). App's design was also updated.
Hub app also allows checking the Sail & Sign onboard account, viewing maps, scheduled events, dining and drinking options, add favorites. On select ships via Hub app can also be purchased tours/shore excursions. The app is available for Apple and Android mobile devices.
"Carnival EasyPay" was introduced in June 2017. This is Carnival Cruise Line's pay-over-time program allowing customers to book a cruise and pay for it in 3 monthly installments.
- The program (cruise ship industry's first) is designed as a hassle-free cruise payment option. It allows booked passengers' to deduct cruise payments automatically (from the credit card on file). Then the payments are applied to the current balance over a 3-month period - interest-free.
- The customer makes the initial deposit, then the balance of the cruise is charged in 3 equal payments - taken out automatically (on the designated day) for 3 consecutive months.
- Booked cruise passengers can either register for "Carnival EasyPay" (at carnival.com) or call.
- Travel agents can sign up in order to process payments on behalf of their clients.
Since 2017, Carnival Cruise Line accept PayPal as digital payment method available from any device. Via PayPal, customers can securely choose their payment methods for purchases - credit card, debit card, bank account or PayPal balance.
PayPal can be used by cruise ship tourists upon making their initial deposits on the voyage or any balance due. In addition to PayPal, Carnival also accepts all major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diner's Club, MasterPass.
PayPal allows CCL customers to make online purchases more quickly and securely. PayPal can be used as a payment option for any of Carnival cruise itineraries with durations 3- to 15-days, visiting ports both USA and international ports and destinations.
(NEW) Carnival cruise passengers debarkation policy
In August 2018 the company changed its passengers' debarkation policy.
- Only customers who exceeded duty-free allowance must complete one US Customs Declaration Form per household, including family members traveling with them and residing at the same address.
- On the day prior debarkation, new Zone-numbered luggage tags are offered in a shipboard designated area (listed in Carnival's Debarkation Flyer). This doesn't apply to passengers who choose self-assist debarkation.
- Passengers may pick up luggage tags with desired debarkation time (subject to availability). Each tag has to be filled out and attached to luggage. It's recommended not to disembark until your zone has been called as your luggage will not be available for pick-up.
- Passengers who use the new luggage tag system must leave luggage outside the stateroom (in the hallway) the night before debarkation (collection between 10 pm and midnight).
- To avoid confusion, luggage tags used during boarding must be removed, leaving just the zone-numbered tags.
- Passengers with confiscated stuff can reclaim them starting at 6:30 am (debarkation morning) in the designated area.
- Upon debarkation, each passenger must present Sign & Sail card for scanning by ship's security (to know when the entire cruise liner has been cleared of travelers).
Carnival ship lifeguards
In April 2017, at the Clia Cruise 360 conference in Fort Lauderdale Florida, Carnival Cruise Line's president Christine Duffy reaffirmed that the company wouldn't add onboard lifeguards to the Fun Ships soon. Mrs. Duffy stated that "the responsibility for pool safety must be with the parents onboard and our employees".
On each of the Carnival ships, there are three full-time attendants (at the waterworks facility/ aqua park with slides), which are swimming pool safety, CPR and first aid trained. Still, the safest system remains "vigilance and awareness".
- For comparison, NCL Norwegian Cruise Line started employing certified lifeguards (on its largest vessels only) in summer 2017. NCL's lifeguards were employed fleetwide by 2018. The announcement made NCL the 3rd major cruise company with lifeguards onboard its ships - following Disney and Royal Caribbean. The onboard NCL lifeguards are stationed only at the family pools during scheduled swimming pool hours. This staff is "American Red Cross" trained and certified. NCL also offers complimentary swim vests for both adults and kids. Parents can obtain safety vests at the Lido Deck's towel station during daytime hours.
- NCL started testing monitoring through CCTV cameras at family pools (on fleet's largest ships only) since 2015. So adding full-time lifeguards was a decision for more safety on pool decks. However, it should be known that lifeguards don't replace parental supervision and that parents (legal guardians) remain the best form for preventing onboard accidents.
- RCI Royal Caribbean employs cruise ship lifeguards since February 2017 (by the line's "water safety program"). RCI's onboard lifeguards are dressed in special uniforms (bright red and white) and stationed at every onboard swimming pool, including at the Solarium (adults-only retreat) during the complex' opening hours.
- Disney Cruise Line employs certified lifeguards since 2013.
In mid-October 2019, Carnival issued the following safety briefing video that outlines all the fleet's main shipboard safety regulations.
"Fun Ship Freddy" is Carnival's mascot in the shape of the company's distinctive funnel.
Former Carnival liners
All vessel names have the prefix "Carnival", and are also referred to as "Carnival Fun Ships". The first Carnival liner (second-hand vessel) was "MS Mardi Gras".
Next, are listed Carnival ships no longer part of the company's fleet. In brackets are shown the years the vessels served CCL.
- MS MARDI GRAS (1972-1993), the first Carnival cruise ship ever, an ocean liner built in 1961 as "Empress of Canada", scrapped 2003, weight 27,300, passengers 1,240, former names Olympic, Star of Texas, Lucky Star, Apollo, Apollon.
- MS CARNIVALE (1975-1994), an ocean liner built in 1956 as "Empress of Britain", scrapped 2008, weight 25,500, passengers 1,124, former names Queen Anna Maria, Fiesta Marina, The Topaz.
- MS FESTIVALE (1977-1996), an ocean liner built in 1961 as "RMS Transvaal Castle", scrapped 2003, weight 32,700, passengers 726, former names SA Vaal, Island Breeze, Big Red Boat III.
- MS TROPICALE (1982-2001), built 1982, tonnage 36,700 GT, the first newbuild Carnival liner. Names after its Carnival service - Costa Tropicale, Pacific Star, and since 2008 - MS Ocean Dream.
- MS JUBILEE (1986-2004), built 1986, weight 47,300 GT, passengers 1,490 (max 1,900), sold to P&O Australia in 2004, renamed Pacific Sun, sold in 2012 to a small Chinese operator to become the gambling ship MS Henna (Carnival Jubilee, scrapped in 2017).
- MS CELEBRATION (1987-2008), now Grand Celebration, built in Sweden, weight 47,300, passengers 1,490 (max 1,900), transferred to iberoCruceros, currently operated by Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line.
- MS HOLIDAY (1985-2009, now MS Magellan), built in Denmark, weight 46,000, passengers 1,450 (max 1,800), transferred to iberoCruceros, currently operated by CMV (Cruise and Maritime Voyages).
On May 10, 2018, in Miami was officially opened Carnival's "Fleet Operations Center". The 35,000 ft2 facility allows simultaneous real-time monitoring of all ships in the fleet. The main feature is its 74 ft (22,5 m) long video wall composed of 57x LED screens. The data processed here includes itinerary information, current position, weather conditions, logistics, environmental status, guest operations. The interactive world map shows also current locations of all Carnival Corporation ships (all brands). The center is staffed 24 / 7. The Corporation also owns similar monitoring centers in Seattle and Hamburg.
Itinerary of Carnival Cruise Line
The 128-ft (39-m) long Carnival AirShip is a painted like cruise ship dirigible. The blimp floated around Galveston and Houston (September 7-8-9, 2018) as part of a 30-day air voyage across Southern USA. The voyage started in Nashville TN (Aug 25) and ended in Atlanta GA (Sept 26-30), visiting along the route Memphis TN (Aug 29), Dallas (Sept 1-3), Austin (Sept 4), San Antonio (Sept 5), Houston (Sept 7-9), Galveston (Sept 9), New Orleans (Sept 10), Mobile AL (Sept 13), Tampa (Sept 15), Miami (Sept 16-20), Orlando (Sept 21), Canaveral (Sept 22) and Jacksonville (Sept 23).
Carnival AirShip is part of company's marketing campaign about homeport changes (new ship deployments) - Carnival Vista (Galveston, since September 23), Carnival Horizon, (Miami, since September 22), Carnival Breeze (Port Canaveral, since September 30) and Carnival Magic (Miami, since September 30).
Follows a review of the Carnival Cruise Lines itinerary program for 2020-2021 scheduled itineraries. For sailing dates (departures, arrivals), ports of call times and Carnival cruise prices per person follow the ship pages listed below.
Note: Carnival established cruise ship operations in China via a partnership with its local subsidiary company Costa Asia. Costa has been in China since 2008.
NEWS: In mid-March 2019, Carnival Cruise Line updated its website eliminating all scheduled cruises to Antigua (St Johns). The itinerary change affected the schedules of the Carnival liners Breeze, Legend, Pride, and Magic.
|Ship Names||Homeports||Itineraries Changes|
operates on round-trips to Eastern Caribbean (Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, St Kitts, St Maarten), Western Caribbean (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel Mexico) and Southern Caribbean (Dominican Republic, Curacao, Aruba).
Since September 30, 2018, the ship is homeported in Port Canaveral for year-round Caribbean itineraries.
operates on itineraries to Southern Caribbean (Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Dominican Republic), Western Caribbean (Key West FL, Cozumel Mexico, Jamaica, Belize, Roatan Honduras), Eastern Caribbean (St Maarten, St Kitts, Puerto Rico, Grand Turk, Grand Cayman) and Bahamas (Freeport, Nassau, Half Moon Cay).
operates on 7-day round-trips to Bahamas (Key West, Freeport, Nassau), Western Caribbean (Cozumel Mexico, Belize, Roatan Honduras) and Eastern Caribbean (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel)
starting May 2019, the ship offers year-round 4- and 5-day Mexico itineraries from Galveston
operates on round-trips to Western Caribbean (Key West FL, Cozumel Mexico) and Bahamas (3-day to Nassau).
Starting May 2019, the ship is homeported in JAXPORT (Jacksonville Florida) to operate year-round on 4-5-day cruises to The Bahamas. In JAXPORT, Ecstasy replaces Carnival Elation.
operates on cruises to the Western Caribbean from New Orleans (4-day to Cozumel, 5-day Cozumel, and Progreso).
operates on Bahamas cruises out of Charleston (4-day Nassau, 5-day Nassau and Freeport).
operates on 7-day round-trips to Bahamas-Eastern Caribbean (Nassau, Freeport, Key West Florida) and Western Caribbean (Cozumel Mexico, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan).
In 2021, Freedom cruises in Alaska (together with Carnival Miracle) with a total of 21 departures from Seattle (beginning April 27, 2021). The ship departs every Tuesday on a 7-day "Glacier Route" itinerary visiting Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, Victoria BC, Tracy Arm Fjord. One 8-day itinerary visits Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point, Victoria BC, Tracy Arm Fjord.
Carnival Freedom then moves to Fort Lauderdale (via 17-day Panama Canal repositioning voyage on September 22, 2021) for 6- and 8-day Eastern and Southern Caribbean roundtrips.
Vista-class ship (enters service in 2018)
As of September 22, 2018, the ship has been homeported in Miami for year-round 6- and 8-day Caribbean itineraries.
operates on 7-day round-trips to Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Roatan Honduras, Belize, Cozumel Mexico) and The Bahamas and Eastern Caribbean (Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Grand Turk). The ship also offers trips to Southern Caribbean (St Croix, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba, Curacao).
operates on Baja cruises to Ensenada Mexico (3-day) and to Santa Catalina Island and Ensenada (4-day).
operates on Baja cruises to Ensenada Mexico (3-day) and also to Santa Catalina and Ensenada (4-day).
operates on round-trips to South Pacific Islands (New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Fiji). Carnival Cruise to Nowhere (Australia)
In 2020, Carnival Legend cruises in Europe on 9- to 16-day itineraries visiting 34 different ports in 16 countries. The season starts with 16-day Transatlantic crossing from NYC to Dover (June 3-19), follows 9-day Norwegian Fjords roundtrip from Dover (June 19-28), and 9-day repositioning Dover to Barcelona (June 28 - July 7). Ship's European program includes 9- to 12-day Adriatic and Mediterranean cruises between homeports Venice and Barcelona. Season 2020 ends with 16-day Transatlantic repositioning (Oct 30 - Nov 15) from Barcelona to Tampa.
(2021) year-round homeporting in Baltimore MD starts on November 14, 2021. The program includes 7-day roundtrips departing on Sundays. Carnival Legend repositions to Europe via 15-day Transatlantic Tampa to Barcelona (March 26-April 10, 2021) visiting Nassau, Bermuda, Azores (Ponta Delgada), Malaga, Valencia. In 2021, the liner in Europe is homeported in Barcelona, Civitavecchia-Rome and Dover. The program is themed Norwegian Fjords, Scandinavia and Russia, Iceland and British Isles, Greek Isles and Italy, Western Europe-Mediterranean.
The Baltimore-homeporting season includes 14-day "Carnival Journeys" Panama Canal cruise departing on January 9, 2022, and ends with 14-day Transatlantic Barcelona to Baltimore (October 31-November 14).
operates on 7-day round-trips to Eastern Caribbean (St Lucia, St Kitts, St Maarten, St Thomas).
operates on 7-day round-trips to Western Caribbean (Cozumel Mexico, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman, Jamaica) and Bahamas (Key West FL, Nassau, Freeport).
(2020) 8-day Bermuda trips from Fort Lauderdale FL, visiting Grand Turk for a day prior to overnight in Bermuda.
GT 180,000 tons, capacity 3930 passengers (max 4716), 1450 crew, 1965 cabins, length 344 m
Following a special 8-day Caribbean voyage from Port Canaveral on October 16, 2020, Mardi Gras kicks off her 7-day program from the Space Coast on October 24, 2020, offering a couple of different 3-port, 7-day itineraries, alternating weekly to the eastern/western Caribbean and featuring some of the most beautiful ports in the region.
operates on 7-day roundtrips to Mexican Riviera (Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta). The 7-day Tampa departures are on Saturdays or Sundays. Itineraries visit Cozumel Mexico, Grand Cayman Island, Roatan Island (Mahogany Bay) and Belize City. The 6-day itineraries offer day-long port stays in Cozumel, Belize City and Costa Maya (or Roatan).
2020-2021: for the first time, Carnival offers San Francisco roundtrips with Carnival Miracle (4- to 15-day) cruising to Alaska, Hawaii and Mexico.
New Carnival Miracle cruises from San Francisco in 2020 include:
In 2021 in Alaska, Carnival Miracle is joined by Carnival Freedom (homeported in Seattle) to offer 10-day roundtrips from California to Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point (or Ketchikan), Victoria BC, Tracy Arm Fjord. The 11-day itinerary visits both Ketchikan and Icy Strait Point.
operates on 7-day Mexican Riviera cruises leaving out of Long Beach CA. This makes it the first newbuild Fun Ship based in California in 20 years.
operates on round-trips to the Western Caribbean - 4-day to Cozumel Mexico, and 5-day to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Ship's Cuban itineraries include 4- and 5-day roundtrips from Tampa to Havana (4-day) and to Havana-Key West (5-day), both with an overnight in Havana. The new Cuban schedule of Carnival Paradise included
operates on round-trips to Florida-Bahamas (Port Canaveral, Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk), and occasionally out of Tampa to Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Cozumel Mexico). Panama Canal.
(2019-2020) 7 week-long sailings from Baltimore, each spending 3 days in Bermuda.
(2021) Carnival Pride is due to assume Legend’s schedule of 6-, 7-and 8-day voyages from Tampa FL beginning November 14, 2021. The ship also sails on a 14-day Carnival Journeys voyage from Baltimore to Tampa (October 31- November 14, 2021), featuring a partial Panama Canal transit.
operates on round-trips to Bahamas (3-day Nassau, 4-day Nassau and Freeport, 5-day with Half Moon Cay), Western Caribbean (Cozumel Mexico, Key West FL) and Eastern Caribbean (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Grand Turk, Dominican Republic).
A 4-day voyage with an overnight in Havana and an extended visit to Nassau was planned to depart on March 19, 2020. Two 5-day roundtrips with an overnight in Havana and visits to Nassau and Freeport were planned to depart February 15 and 29, 2020.
operates on roundtrips from Melbourne Queensland to New Zealand, South Pacific Islands (Fiji, New Caledonia, Vanuatu) and also on Cruises to Nowhere (out of Sydney AU).
The ship has been homeported in Sydney NSW Australia since 2012.
As of November 2019, the ship is based in Sydney, Australia. From Australia, Carnival Splendor offers 3 itineraries (Sydney roundtrips to South Pacific islands):
NEWS: The ship was to be transferred to the fleet of PandO Australia in late 2019. However, the liner stayed in the Carnival fleet.
The 2020 program of Carnival includes the first full year of voyages for Australia's newest and biggest ship, Carnival Splendor, homeported year-round in Australia, and sailing from Sydney.
(2021) Splendor sails to the exquisite Dravuni Island, Fiji for the first time in 2021. The vessel is also due to visit Vanuatu, Fiji, and New Caledonia.
operates on round-trips to Bahamas (Nassau, Freeport, Half Moon Cay), Eastern Caribbean (Puerto Rico, St Thomas, Grand Turk, Dominican Republic), Canada New England (Saint John, Halifax, Boston), Bermuda.
The ship used to offer also Cruises to Nowhere (out of New York and Norfolk).
Triumph operates on round-trips to the Western Caribbean - 5-day Mexico (Cozumel, Progreso) and 4-day Mexico (Cozumel).
In 2020, the renamed ship (Carnival Sunrise) offers a new itinerary program of 4- to 14-day roundtrips from homeports NYC New York, Fort Lauderdale Florida and Norfolk VA.
From homeport Fort Lauderdale, the ship offers 4- and 5-day roundtrips between November 2019 - April 2020). The 4-day Bahamas itineraries (Thursday departures) visit Nassau and Half Moon Cay Island (or Princess Cays). The 5-Eastern Caribbean itineraries (Saturday departures) visit Grand Turk, Nassau, Half Moon Cay Island (or Princess Cays). The 5-day Eastern Caribbean itineraries (Monday departures) visit Ocho Rios Jamaica and Grand Cayman.
A number of 9-day Carnival Journeys are offered in 2020 from New York, featuring overnights in Bermuda and calls at either Nassau or Grand Turk as well as Half Moon Cay.
NEWS: In 2019 (March-April) Carnival Triumph entered drydock for around USD 200 million refurbishments, after which it was renamed "Carnival Sunrise". The refitted liner was transformed into a Sunshine-Class vessel. It has the same facilities and amenities as the sistership Carnival Sunshine (former Carnival Destiny, refitted in 2013 for USD 155 million).
operates on Galveston round-trips to Mexico (4- and 5-day itineraries)
starting May 2019, the ship offers year-round 4- and 5-day itineraries. The 4-day long weekend itinerary (to Cozumel) departs on Thursdays, while 5-day itineraries depart Mondays and Saturdays and visit Cozumel and Progreso (or Costa Maya).
Valor is the largest liner ever homeported in NOLA.
operates on round-trips to Bermuda and Southern Caribbean (St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, St Maarten).
(2020) 4-night sailings to Bermuda from New York City. A number of 9-day Carnival Journeys are offered from New York, featuring overnights in Bermuda and calls at either Nassau or Grand Turk as well as Half Moon Cay.
Since September 23, 2018, the ship is homeported in Galveston TX for year-round Western Caribbean itineraries to Jamaica (Montego Bay), Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize City, Mexico (Cozumel).
Carnival cruises to Cuba
Carnival expanded its cruises to Cuba with an additional 23 three- to five-day itineraries to Havana in 2020 planned for 5 different liners departing from 4 US East Coast homeports - Carnival Triumph (from Fort Lauderdale), Carnival Sunshine (from Charleston TX), Carnival Sensation (from Miami). Carnival Sunshine was the biggest passenger ship to ever visit Havana and the liner with the first-ever Cuba cruise from Charleston SC. The new Cuba cruises include:
- Carnival Sunshine: 8 five-day voyages featuring Freeport and Havana departing January 6, February 3 and 17, March 2, 16 and 30, April 13 and 27, 2020.
- Carnival Triumph-Sunrise: 8 five-day itineraries featuring an overnight in Havana and a day-long visit to Nassau departing January 11, February 8 and 22, March 7 and 21, April 4 and 18, 2020; as well as a 5-day cruise featuring an overnight in Havana and a visit to Half Moon Cay departing January 20, 2020.
- Carnival Sensation: 4-day voyage featuring an overnight in Havana and an extended visit to Nassau departing on March 19, 2020, as well as a couple of 5-day trips with an overnight in Havana and visits to Nassau and Freeport departing February 15 and 29, 2020.
IMPORTANT: On June 4, 2019, the US Government announced new regulations (economic sanctions) that ended group travel to Cuba, including via US-homeported cruise liners, effective immediately. The ban relates to "private and corporate aircraft, cruise ships, sailboats, fishing boats, and other similar aircraft and vessels". The US travel restrictions impacted hundreds of pre-scheduled cruise itineraries, which were adjusted to no longer stop in Cuban seaports.
UPDATE: Following the US Gov's ban for group travel to Cuba from the USA, Carnival's Cuba-visiting itineraries were modified replacing Havana with Bermuda, Half Moon Cay Bahamas, Princess Cays Bahamas, Ocho Rios Jamaica, Cozumel Mexico, Grand Cayman Island, Key West FL. Depending on the itinerary, these call ports serve as either a Cuban port replacement or as part of a new itinerary.
The list of passenger shipping lines offering cruises to Cuba included:
- Carnival Paradise leaving from Tampa Florida - cheapest prices (from USD 480 pp) since June 2017
- Royal Caribbean (ship Empress of the Seas) from Miami and Tampa since April 2017
- MSC Cruises (ship MSC Opera, leaving from Havana)
- Holland America (ship Veendam) leaving from Fort Lauderdale since December 2017
- Oceania Cruises (ships Marina and Regatta) starting in 2017, Cuba circumnavigation, stops in Cienfuegos and Havana, also part of some Panama Canal transition itineraries.
- NCL (ship Norwegian Sky) 4-day itineraries with Havana overnights - starting May 2017
- Azamara Cruises (ship on Azamara Quest from Miami)
- Compagnie du Ponant (yacht Le Ponant, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Pearl Seas Cruises (ship Pearl Mist, leaving from Fort Lauderdale Florida) since January 2017
- Thomson UK / Marella Cruises (ship Marella Dream) 7-day, leaving roundtrip from Jamaica (Montego Bay) to Havana
- Lindblad Expeditions (chartered sailing ship MS Panorama II, leaving from Havana)
- Celestyal Cruises (ship Celestyal Crystal, leaving from Havana and Montego Bay Jamaica)
- Grand Circle Cruise Line (ship MV Clio / ex Tere Moana) one-way from Miami to Havana, or the reverse from Havana to Miami (embarkation/disembarkation in port Cienfuegos).
- International Expeditions (leaving from Havana, charter flights out of Miami)
- Victory Cruise Lines - MS Victory I (former MS Saint Laurent) - fly-cruises from Miami to Havana (home-port Cienfuegos /departures)
Note: According to the current Cuban law, US citizens of Cuban origin (born in Cuba) are not allowed to visit the island country (including on cruise ships). Regardless of their US citizenship status, Cuban-born Americans were denied booking on cruise itineraries visiting ports in Cuba. However, the situation changed in April 2016, after Carnival Corporation negotiated with the Cuban government for allowing ships with Cuban-born passengers, as such US citizens are allowed to visit the country on USA-Cuba charter flights. The Carnival-fathom cruise line started Miami to Cuba cruises in May 2016 with the transferred from PandO UK ship Adonia (now Azamara Pursuit). The brand was terminated in April 2017.
Alaska Airlines offers regular nonstop flights to Havana from Los Angeles (California USA). An 80-min ling JetBlue flight from Fort Lauderdale (Florida) to Havana costs less than USD 100. Previously, air travel from the USA to Cuba was thought charter flights only.
Carnival Journeys cruise itineraries
Since 2015, Carnival Cruise Line offers the so-called "Carnival Journeys" itineraries. These are longer than usual voyages with length ranging between 9 and 15 nights. Some are one-way (relocation cruises).
"Carnival Journeys" offer a more in-depth port of call experiences than the shorter itineraries of 7-8 nights. Among the highlights are live entertainment and exotic culinary experiences that reflect the local cuisine and cultural traditions.
The onboard "journey" experiences feature local cuisine specialties (served in the Main Dining Room), cooking demonstration, Academy of Fun (expert lectures), traditional dance performances, themed deck parties, crew connections (opportunities to connect with the ship's staff and crew). The new program "Carnival Journeys" features destinations like Hawaii, Caribbean, Mexico, Panama Canal, Europe.
Among the wide variety of offers are over cruises of up to 5 days, providing passengers with many "mini-cruise" options, including new 4- and 5-day deployments for Carnival Valor( from Port Canaveral) and Carnival Victory-Radiance (from Miami). Longer Carnival Journeys visit exotic ports. Bermuda cruises depart from 7 East Coast USA homeports. The unique Panama Canal cruises on Carnival Pride leave from Tampa.
New Carnival Caribbean cruise shore excursions
Since July 2015, Carnival Cruise Line offers new shore excursions, new customized private tours and new family-friendly enhancements with complimentary beachside activities and complimentary land tours in select Caribbean ports of call. The min age requirement is 5 yo.
The new tour deals pertain to over 50 call ports in Mexico, Hawaii, Bahamas, Caribbean, Canada New England, South America.
- Cozumel (La Casa en la Playa) 5-hour tour offers luxury limited to 30 participants who have access to a beach house for the day with 5-star service provided by the wait staff and personal chef. They also can learn Mexican cooking, making Margaritas and mojitos.
- Cozumel ("Photo Safari and Beach Expedition') is a 2-days tour starting with a 1-hour photo seminar on the cruise ship. On the next day, the tour continues with visiting a national park and beaches.
- Ocho Rios ("Eat, Drink and Dance') is a food-themed tour about Jamaica's culture, music, and food. After food tasting at jerk hut, passengers enjoy dining at Miss T's Kitchen. Follows a visit to a beach bar (where mixologists create rum cocktails), then ends with reggae dance lessons.
- Ocho Rios ("Jamaican Home for the Day') is a day-long tour on which cruise passengers enjoy their own Jamaican home, with included home-cooked lunch.
- Charlotte Amalie / St Thomas Island ("Eat, Drink and Walk") is a walking tour starting with bus-drive to StPeter Mountain Great House and Botanical Gardens. Passengers can try 24 different local rums and learn how to make banana daiquiri and local food.
Carnival also offers new "family-friendly" cruise shore excursions in the Bahamas, Mexico, and the Caribbean. On these tours, kids aged 5 and under receive complimentary beach excursions if their parents book the excursion.
- Freeport Bahamas ("Family Beach Escape') tour starts with a bus ride to a beach resort, where kids enjoy treasure hunts, face-painting, sandcastle-making competitions, and other supervised outdoor activities. Lunch is included.
- Cozumel ("Island Beach Escape for Families by Power Catamaran') tour starts with a power catamaran ride to Passion Island and its white-sand beaches and resort facilities. Adults enjoy water trampolines, pedal boats, beach volleyball, while kids play is a dedicated beachside playground. A Mexican-style buffet is included.
- Nassau Bahamas ("Family Treasure Hunt with Lunch at Blue Lagoon') - discover hidden treasures, answer trivia questions, win Pirate's Bounty. Grilled lunch at Blue Lagoon Island is included.
- Montego Bay Jamaica ("All Inclusive Family Beach Resort Getaway') tour is at Seawinds Beach Club and includes live entertainment and complimentary buffet lunch.
Carnival offers private tours via motor coaches, yachts and helicopters. These excursions are all guided by experienced locals. Carnival ships have a new tour dispatch system, from where tours depart as local operators board the ship to meet the participants.
All new cruise tour offers complement company's "Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee" that provides 110% refund in OBC (onboard credit) if passengers find a better price on similar tour deals. Each Fun Ship also has a dedicated "shore excursion desk" with experienced staff to answer any questions and to recommend particular tours. The company's tour section was revamped with enhanced navigation, more videos, and photos, online reservations, guest-written tour reviews.
Carnival Cruise Line related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Continuing the longstanding support of military men and women, Carnival Cruise Line, carrying more active and retired military personnel than any...December 15, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Carnival Corporation & plc announced on Wednesday, December 11, it is pilot-testing food waste bio-digester technology in order to improve...December 14, 2019
- Cruise Industry
The arrival of Carnival Cruise Line's first new ship on the West Coast in twenty years, Carnival Panorama, was celebrated in true Carnival fashion...December 11, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Carnival Cruise Line premiered a new aerial illusion show - Airia - on Carnival Splendor cruising to Sydney NSW Australia from Singapore. Exclusively...December 8, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Port Galveston's cruise shipping business reached 1 million passengers within a year. The lucky millionth cruiser was Mark Martin. He and his wife...December 7, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Carnival Cruise Line is rolling out a breakfast menu at the popular Guy’s Burger Joint. Little is yet known as to when the menu will be rolled...December 6, 2019
- Cruise Industry
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line became the first passenger shipping company certified "sensory inclusive" by KultureCity - a nonprofit organization...December 4, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Carnival Cruise Line launched new California-Mexico itineraries from homeport San Diego. The liner Carnival Miracle is homeporting in San Diego...December 3, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Carnival Cruise Line expanded its Fun Ambassadors programme for next year after receiving strong applications from travel agents. The company...December 2, 2019
A shore trip turned tragic for a Carnival cruise passenger who was killed Wednesday evening, November 27, in an automobile accident in the city of...November 28, 2019
- show more news