Specifications of Carnival Jubilee
|Year built||2023 new ship|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Class||Excellence-Helios (Carnival XL)|
|Building cost||EUR 700 million (USD 950 million)|
|Engines (power)||MAK-Caterpillar (57.2 MW / 76706 hp)|
|Propulsion power||37 MW / 49618 hp|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||344 m / 1129 ft|
|Beam (width)||42 m / 138 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||183900 gt|
|Passengers||5374 - 6338|
|Decks with cabins||11|
|Sister-ships||Carnival Mardi Gras, Carnival Celebration, AIDAnova, AIDAcosma, P&O Iona, P&O Arvia, Costa Smeralda, Costa Toscana|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||Carnival Cruise Line|
Carnival Jubilee Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Oct 30||18 days, one-way from Southampton to Galveston||Southampton||$1219|
|2023 Nov 18||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$844|
|2023 Nov 25||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$584|
|2023 Dec 02||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$579|
|2023 Dec 09||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$579|
|2023 Dec 16||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$679|
|2023 Dec 23||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$919|
|2023 Dec 30||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$839|
|2024 Jan 06||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$549|
|2024 Jan 13||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$549|
|2024 Jan 20||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$549|
|2024 Jan 27||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$549|
|2024 Feb 03||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$559|
|2024 Feb 10||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$559|
|2024 Feb 17||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$559|
|2024 Feb 24||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$559|
|2024 Mar 02||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$609|
|2024 Mar 09||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$869|
|2024 Mar 16||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$699|
|2024 Mar 23||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$709|
|2024 Mar 30||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$689|
|2024 Apr 06||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$669|
|2024 Apr 13||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$669|
|2024 Apr 20||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$699|
|2024 Apr 27||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$699|
|2024 May 04||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$729|
|2024 May 11||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$749|
|2024 May 18||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$819|
|2024 May 25||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$869|
|2024 Jun 01||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$969|
|2024 Jun 08||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$969|
|2024 Jun 15||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$969|
|2024 Jun 22||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$969|
|2024 Jun 29||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$969|
|2024 Jul 06||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$969|
|2024 Jul 13||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$969|
|2024 Jul 20||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$969|
|2024 Jul 27||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$879|
|2024 Aug 03||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$849|
|2024 Aug 10||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$729|
|2024 Aug 17||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$649|
|2024 Aug 24||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$619|
|2024 Aug 31||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$619|
Carnival Jubilee Review
Review of Carnival Jubilee
The 2023-built Carnival Jubilee cruise ship is CCL fleet's third newest and largest liner (of the XL-Class) scheduled for inauguration in 2023. All the three units in this series are from the German shipbuilder Meyer Werft (shipyard Papenburg). As with all other "Fun Ships", the shipowner is Carnival Corporation - the world's largest passenger shipping company.
The XL-Class is similar to design and facilities to Helios-Class ships produced for Carnival Corporation's brands Costa and AIDA by Meyer Werft in Papenburg Germany. Other Excellence-Class liners (Carnival Jubilee sisterships) are Carnival Mardi Gras (2021), Carnival Celebration (2022), P&O Iona (2020), P&O Arvia (2022), Costa Smeralda (2019), Costa Toscana (2021), AIDAnova (2018), AIDAcosma (2021).
Carnival XL-Class ship design features a new (red-white-navy blue) hull and was created by the NYC-based naval architecture firm "Bluarch Architecture". Among the world's largest passenger ships, the new liner has length 1130 ft (344 m), passenger capacity 5200 (lower berths) and boasts the most advanced maritime technologies as well as various fleet-first and industry-first innovations.
Like the sisterships Mardi Gras and Celebration, Jubilee has the industry's first-at-sea roller coaster. The facility ("BOLT Ultimate Sea Coaster") will be built by Maurer Rides (Munich Germany-based company) specializing in roller coaster design and manufacturing. The race track has length 244 m (800 ft), with twists, turns, drops and speeds up to 64 kph (40 mph). Individual speeds are posted after the race. Carnival's roller coaster is all-electric and allows 2 riders to race along in motorbike-like vehicles at height 57 m (187 ft) above the sea. The experience features breathtaking top-deck 360-degree views and ends with a high-speed turn around the funnel/smokestack.
On January 25, 2019, was announced that the new Carnival XL-class vessels will have 6 themed zones (neighborhoods) - Grand Central, French Quarter, Lido-Pool, La Piazza, Summer Landing, The Ultimate Playground.
Decks and Cabins
Carnival Jubilee staterooms (a total of 2641 passenger cabins) are divided into 22 different categories, including 2-deck apartments (duplex suites) and 80 wheelchair-accessible cabins (for disabled passengers). All cabin bathrooms feature CCL fleet's first glass-door showers and in-shower shaving bar. Over 70% of all staterooms are outside, 300 pairs are connecting/family cabins.
The boat has 18 decks, of which 15 are passenger-accessible and 11 with cabins.
Cabin balconies are accessed via sliding floor-ceiling glass doors. The lounge area is furnished with new-type sofabeds (couch bed with footstools opening up for storage), under-bed storage (for suitcases), flexible reading lamps (bedside), mini-refrigerator with transparent glass door, plenty of power outlets, USB ports (on the vanity table and bedside), more shelving (for electronic devices), large wardrobe (with folding shelves, sliding shoe rack, 2 pull-out bins).
Like the Vista-class Carnival liners, Jubilee has Havana staterooms with a patio (indoor-outdoor space) with direct access to an exclusive Sundeck area with loungers, Bar and swimming pool. Another Vista-class type of cabins are Family Harbor (clustered near Camp Ocean/kids club) and with direct access to the exclusive Family Harbor Lounge. Cloud 9 Spa staterooms traditionally offer exclusive amenities, including premium bathrobes and slippers and Elemis brand toiletries.
The new Carnival ship Jubilee offers 180+ suites in 11 categories, including CCL's new premium category "Carnival Excel" suites (32 staterooms in 4 categories) with new VIP amenities and exclusive access to Loft 19 (resort-style, open-air sundeck). All ship suites offer a VIP amenities package including priority boarding/debarkation, bottled water upon arrival, priority MDR (main dining room) seating, plush bathrobes. Passengers in "Carnival Excel" suites receive as additional amenities:
- Dedicated concierge phone line
- Unlimited access to Loft 19
- Guaranteed specialty dining times (except Bonsai Teppanyaki, and Chef's Table)
- Complimentary room service, laundry, and Bottomless Bubbles soda package
- Fresh fruit basket and sparkling wine upon arrival
- Upgraded bathroom amenities
Shipboard facilities and amenities
The sisterships Mardi Gras, Celebration and Jubilee have CCL fleet's largest Atriums and open-deck areas.
- Grand Central (midship on Decks 6-7-8) is an expanded Atrium concept combining day-to-night entertainment complex with a bar lounge (overlooking the ship's starboard side) with 3-decks high floor-ceiling windows. From the Atrium are accessible the restaurants Bonsai Sushi, Bonsai Teppanyaki and Punchliner Comedy Club, as well as the intimate Piano Bar 88 (themed venue for sing-a-longs).
- French Quarter (aft on Deck 6) is lined with eateries and bars. This neighborhood is linked via 2-deck-high Promenade with the traditional New Orleans jazz club lounge "The Brass Magnolia" (offering hand-crafted cocktails and live music).
- La Piazza (midship on Deck 8) is an Italy-themed area housing the 24-hour complimentary Pizzeria del Capitano and Cucina del Capitano (seafood restaurant). Classic Italian cocktails and live music nightly are offered at a new Bar Lounge.
- Summer Landing (aft on Deck 8) houses Guy's Pig and Anchor Smokehouse Brewhouse (Carnival's complimentary smoked-on-board BBQ food by Guy Fieri), The Watering Hole (outdoor bar with wide selections of cocktails and beers), ParchedPig (onboard- brewed craft beers), Heroes Tribute Lounge. Also in this neighborhood are located a lunch counter (for the Smokehouse-Brewhouse), an expansive outdoor deck area with two whirlpools and an infinity pool, a stage for live music, a sports bar featuring indoor and outdoor TV screens, hang-out space with trivia, dance classes, arts and crafts.
- Heroes Tribute (bar lounge via partnership with Operation Homefront/USA-based nonprofit organization that provides services and supports military families and veterans) offers comfortable seating (leather armchairs with low tables) and large TVs (for live sporting events).
- Lido (aft on Decks 16-17) houses Carnival's complimentary Pool Deck eateries Seafood Shack, BlueIguana Cantina, and Guy's Burger Joint, plus the fleet's new venues "Street Eats" (grab-and-go eatery) and "Big Chicken by Shaq" (lunch and dinner take-away food bar)
The Ultimate Playground (aft on Decks 18-20) is a large family-friendly outdoor playground area highlighted by the fleet's largest Carnival WaterWorks (aquapark) and an expanded SportSquare (sports complex). Also here is the "BOLT - Ultimate Sea Coaster" (first at sea).
The new Carnival Jubilee also has CCL's signature facilities Serenity (adults-only resort), Alchemy Bar, Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse. Further innovations are yet to be announced.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Carnival Jubilee's main dining rooms feature select items from the onboard steakhouse, available for an additional fee. Traditionally, shipboard dining includes a complimentary Lido Buffet Restaurant. A special venue is the New England-inspired casual eatery Seafood Shack. It offers both indoor and outdoor seating and the menu includes steamed lobster, lobster rolls, fried shrimp, fried clams, crab cakes, and other seafood surprises. Seafood Shack serves lunch and dinner and is priced a la carte starting at $4.
The ship has a Japanese specialty restaurant (named Bonsai Teppanyaki) located within the Bonsai Sushi restaurant (on Promenade-Havana Deck). The restaurant offers authentic Far East dishes and a live cooking show performance (by the chefs) at custom-built cooking stations positioned at the center of an 8-seat dining table. Due to the room's limited seating, reservations are required. Each meal at Bonsai Teppanyaki starts with a sampling of 5 appetizers (Miso Soup, Pork Belly Yakitori, Spicy Tuna on Rocks). Combo dinners are also offered. Each meal ends with the specialty desserts "Chocolate Bento Box" and "Green Tea Ice Cream". The restaurant is open for lunch (seadays only) and for dinner (every night of the voyage). Cover charge/price is per person and covers the entire meal.
Available on all Fun Ships is Chef's Table (VIP dining experience / 12-guest capacity) that includes multicourse dinner with ship's Master Chef, private cocktail reception and galley/kitchen tour. This dining option usually takes place in a non-traditional venue (a dedicated room in the galley) and can be booked onboard for USD 75 per person.
Celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse has a specialty restaurant (located in the French Quarter of Deck 6 / portside). Lagasse is the chef and owner of 11 different restaurants, including 4 in New Orleans. He is a regular guest on Good Morning America (TV show) and has hosted 2000+ shows on Food Network (US pay-TV channel). Lagasse Restaurant offers New Orleans cuisine, including spicy creole specialties. Menu items include muffuletta sandwiches, oyster and cochon de lait po-boys, gumbo, jambalaya, side dishes (Creole potato salad with diced scallions, red beans, jazz-man rice), desserts (Bananas Foster, lemon icebox pie). For Breakfast are also offered Shrimp & Grits, and Shrimp Creole Omelet. A-la-carte menu appetizers cost US$2 each, entrees are priced at US$12.
New (currently available on XL-class Carnival ships only) drinking and dining venues are within the themed zones "Lido" (deck 16) and "Summer Landing" (Lanai/promenade deck 8 aft). These include RedFrog Tiki Bar, The Watering Hole, Street Eats, Big Chicken by Shaq.
- RedFrog Tiki Bar is a South Pacific Island-themed, 2-level bar designed as a variation of Carnival's poolside RedFrog Bar. New is the island-inspired outdoor decoration with floral patterns, vibrant colors, tiki heads. Located close to Guy's Burger Joint, RedFrog Tiki Bar offers refreshing cocktails (like Red's Rum Runner Jumper, Jungle Bird, Polynesian Punch) presented in souvenir glasses and pineapples.
- The Watering Hole (located within The Patio at Summer Landing) is a backyard-like designed outdoor bar with wide selections of cocktails and beers (including Carnival's own brands / canned and draft brews).
- Street Eats is an open-air complimentary eatery located next to Seafood Shack. It offers ready-to-eat street food via 3 themed kiosks (steamed, fried, and plancha food). The new grab-and-go dining venue has a daily rotating menu. Small plates (including falafel or empanadas) are available at the fried food station, siu mai or bao buns - at the steamed food outlet, and satay and kebabs at the plancha food kiosk.
Carnival Jubilee has the fleet's fourth "Big Chicken" restaurant at sea (by Shaquille O'Neal). Big Chicken by Shaq is located aft on Lido Deck. Many menu items are developed by the basketball player himself, the rest are based on the celebrity's favorite food recipes.
Rudi's Seagrill is another fleet-first dining venue (seafood restaurant by Rudi Sodamin / Holland America Line's Master Chef). Rudi's Seagrill is a specialty restaurant (at surcharge / reservation fee) located on Deck 8 (between Summer Landing and La Piazza) with indoor (80 seats) and outdoor seating (al fresco dining on The Lanai). The Seagrill offers appetizers, entrees and desserts, with all menu items presented as food faces. Signature dishes include Bigeye Tuna, Lemon-Stuffed Grilled Branzino, Seared Scallops, Salt-Roasted Prawns, Broiled Lobster Tails, Crab Cake, Caramel Apple Cheesecake, Chocolate Truffle Cake. Non-seafood options are also on offer.
Jubilee's 2-deck-high Lido zone houses fleet's biggest "Guy's Burger Joint" (by Guy Fieri), the Mexican food bar BlueIguana Cantina, the New England-inspired Seafood Shack, and Lido Marketplace (ship's buffet restaurant). Other signature facilities in the area are Beach Pool (midship) and the infinity swimming pool Tides Pool (aft) with a bar, great stern views and ample seating. Lido-Pool Deck also houses deck parties and Dive-in Movies (at Carnival Seaside Theater/outdoor cinema).
Follows the complete list of Carnival Jubilee restaurants and food bars.
- Palm Restaurant (2-level Aft Dining Room)
- Flamingo Restaurant is a dinner-only Dining Room (complimentary) with sit-down waiter service.
- "Emeril's Bistro 717" is the second-at-sea (after Mardi Gras ship's) restaurant by chef Emeril Lagasse (celebrity chef and owner of 11 different restaurants in the USA). The restaurant was named after the Jubilee ship's hull/Papenburg shipyard number (S717). A-la-carte menu appetizers cost US$2 each, entrees are priced at US$12. The restaurant offers New Orleans cuisine, including muffuletta sandwiches, side dishes (Creole potato salad with diced scallions, red beans, jazz-man rice), desserts (Bananas Foster, lemon icebox pie). For Breakfast are also offered Shrimp & Grits, and Shrimp Creole Omelet. Signature dishes at Emeril's Bistro 717 are chef's favorites Slow-Cooked Cochon de Lait Po'Boy (Boston butt pork roast), BBQ-Grilled Shrimp (large shrimp/peeled-deveined, tails attached), Emeril's Classic Seafood Gumbo (shrimp, fish, oysters), Cajun Jambalaya (boneless-skinless chicken thighs).
- Bonsai Sushi restaurant (including Bonsai Teppanyaki) serves Japanese cuisine specialties and drinks (a la carte priced menu).
- Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse (indoor/outdoor seating, open between 6 - 9:30 pm) is a premium steakhouse-seafood restaurant at a surcharge (reservations recommended).
- The Chef's Table (private dining room) is a small room dedicated to the multi-course Chef's Table VIP dinner package (surcharged at $75 per person).
- La Piazza is an Italy-themed area housing the 24-hour complimentary Pizzeria del Capitano (24-hour pizzeria restaurant) and Cucina del Capitano (seafood restaurant).
- Summer Landing houses Guy's Pig and Anchor Smokehouse Brewhouse (Carnival's complimentary smoked-on-board BBQ food by Guy Fieri) and ParchedPig (onboard-brewed craft beers).
- Lido houses Carnival's complimentary Pool Deck eateries Seafood Shack, BlueIguana Cantina (Mexican fast food bar), and Guy's Burger Joint
- BlueIguana Cantina is a complimentary poolside (self-serve) fast-food bar with Mexican cuisine serving the Beach Pool area.
- Lido Marketplace (self-service buffet restaurant)
- Big Chicken by Shaq (specialty restaurant by Shaquille O'Neal)
- Rudi's Seagrill (specialty restaurant by Rudi Sodamin)
- RedFrog Tiki Bar
- The Watering Hole
- Street Eats (grab-and-go eatery)
- (deck 16/Lido) Chibang! is a new (introduced on the ship Mardi Gras) restaurant for signature Chinese and Mexican dishes (a la carte-priced), with two separate food menus plus a beverage menu (including specialty cocktails, like Chibang! Margarit, Smokey Mezcal Negroni, Green Tea Martini). The decor is marked by floor-ceiling windows (wall-to-wall), heavy red and green, with gold accents, a colorful dragon (at the entrance). Dishes include favorites like Kung Pao Chicken, Singapore Chili Shrimp/Prawn, Slow-Braised Pork Belly, Egg Drop Soup, Crispy Pork Carnitas Tacos, Steak Ranchero, Mole de Pollo Mexicano, Pork Lomito, Pescado Frito Crujiente, Camarones a la Diabla (shrimp).
In mid-January 2018, CCL announced 4 new craft beers that will be brewed onboard Carnival Horizon (and on the new XL-class ships/Mardi Gras, Celebration, Jubilee). The brews were developed by brewmaster Colin Presby. They are offered at Guy's Pig and Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse (Brewhouse), The names of the new draft beers are inspired by the BBQ offerings at the Smokehouse/Brewhouse.
- "ParchedPig Farmhouse Ale" is a lightly hopped dry finish beer.
- "ParchedPig Smoked Porter" is brewed with in-house smoked malt, hickory smoke, and molasses.
- "ParchedPig Toasted Amber Ale" has rich amber color and notes of toasted caramel and biscuit.
- "ParchedPig West Coast IPA" is a traditional West Coast India Pale Ale loaded with bitterness and a distinctive aroma of pine and citrus.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The outdoor activity complex on Carnival Jubilee is named "The Ultimate Playground" (2-deck high) with SkyRide, SkyCourse, SportSquare, Carnival WaterWorks (fleet's largest aquapark with 3x spiraling waterslides, 1x 2-lane racing slide, 1x tipping bucket) and "BOLT - Ultimate Sea Coaster" (world's first rollercoaster at sea).
SkyRide is an open-air, pedal-powered aerial ride attraction where passengers climb a hanging bike and "cycle" around the 800 ft (244 m) suspended track, 150 ft (46 m) above sea level. Another signature outdoor fun facility is the ropes course SkyCourse (length 600 ft / 183 m). Both SkyCourse and SkyRide are part of the SportSquare (sports complex) with an indoor hangout, mini-bowling, mini-golf course, The Clubhouse, Ping-Pong area with tables, jogging track, interactive sports gaming, arcade basketball.
Located on top-deck (deck 19), Loft 19 is a new VIP leisure concept (secluded retreat for adults) designed as a premium resort complex. Here are offered full bar service, swimming pool, sunbathing area with cabanas, deckchairs and sun loungers available for rent. The cabanas are fully-stocked with beverages, chilled towels, plush bathrobes and provide dedicated concierge service with lunch delivery and fresh fruits. Carnival Excel Suite passengers enjoy priority cabana reservations.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Jubilee lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Family Harbor Lounge (a dedicated to families space with 24-hour complimentary dining, concierge and babysitting service, movies, video games, board games by Hasbro).
- Jubilee Theater is the boat's main show lounge for grand-style show productions featuring live performances (tribute acts - singing and dancing) combined with sound and lighting special effects.
- French Quarter's "The Brass Magnolia" is a New Orleans-themed jazz lounge featuring live performances and hand-crafted cocktails.
- Punchliner Comedy Club/brunch (Karaoke, art auctions, nightly shows).
- Piano Bar 88 (cocktail bar) offers themed music nights, a grand piano for live performances by a resident pianist, singalongs, trivia quizzes.
- JavaBlue Cafe (open between 7-10 am, and between 4 pm-12:30 midnight) is a specialty patisserie/coffee bar.
- Havana Bar is an authentic Cuban cafe (cocktail/coffee bar) with live Latin music in the evenings. After midnight, the bar transforms into a Latin disco/nightclub.
- Cherry on Top (open between 4-10:30 pm) is a Carnival signature shop selling bulk candies by the oz (mix and match, sugar-free, assortments), confections (lollipops, sweet apples, truffles, chocolate deep cheesecakes and pretzels, cupcakes, fudge, cookies /and sugar-free).
- The Fun Shops is named the shipboard duty-free shopping complex of retail stores (open between 8 am - 12 midnight).
- Special Occasions shop sells Bon Voyage wines/champagnes/liquor, Carnival cruise packages, specialty items, and gifts.
- Jubilee Casino is a Vegas-style gambling casino equipped with various slot machines (Coinless Fun Slot Machines) and gaming tables (Craps, Roulette, Black Jack 21, Caribbean Stud Poker, dealer-free poker tables).
- Limelight Lounge offers live evening entertainment by vocalists, musicians, comedians, karaoke.
- Lanai promenade (with outdoor seats, served by Lanai Bar-BQ Bar).
- Alchemy Bar is a vintage-themed cocktail bar (drink pharmacy) where professional mixologists (dressed in lab coats) serve handcrafted cocktails and made-to-order drinks from unique ingredients.
- Dreams Studio (photo sessions studio)
- Pixels Photo Gallery and Shop (professional photo-video services, duty-free equipment, and accessories, photos on display available for purchasing)
- Havana Outside is the Havana complex' pool area (1 swimming pool /Havana Pool, live palm trees).
- Tides Pool (aft) has 1 swimming pool flanked by 2 Whirlpools and a large sunbathing area served with drinks by the Tides Bar.
- Circle C (kids club lounge), Club O2 (teens club lounge)
- Warehouse (Video Arcade)
- Camp Ocean (formerly known as "Camp Carnival" - youth activities program)
- Creative Cove (a dedicated room for kids arts-crafts and workshops)
- Dr Seuss Bookville is a family-themed indoor playground (kids room/library) fitted with all Dr Seuss books (available for reading), fun games, themed decorations and activities (Dr Seuss characters, memorable phrases from the books, character meet-and-greets). Other themed events held on the ship include Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast (at Main Dining Rooms), Story Time (at Camp Carnival), Seuss-A-Palooza Parade (Promenade Deck show).
- Carnival Cloud 9 Spa (wellness complex)
- The Fitness Center/Gymnasium (complimentary)
- Serenity Retreat (adults relaxation area served by Serenity Bar, with 2 cantilevered Whirlpools and sunbathing area)
- Loft 19 Retreat offers full bar service and a swimming pool surrounded by cabanas.
- The Ultimate Playground is a large (2-decks high) family-friendly outdoor playground with fleet's largest Carnival WaterWorks (aquapark), expanded SportSquare (sports complex with a basketball court, ropes course, jogging track, mini-golf) and "BOLT - Ultimate Sea Coaster" (world's first rollercoaster at sea).
Grand Central (midship on Decks 6-8) is an expanded Atrium concept combining day-to-night entertainment complex with a bar lounge (overlooking the ship's starboard side) with 3-decks high floor-ceiling windows.
Carnival Cruise Line's entertainment team partnered with celebrity directors from Los Angeles (Broadway) and London (West End) to create 3 new signature shows - part of the onboard "Playlist Productions" revues. The new shows (named "Celestial Strings", "Soulbound", "Vintage Pop") use the full capacity of the interactive LED screens. A 4th show ("Amor Cubano - A Caribbean Dance Romance") is also available on the Horizon ship. It was introduced in 2017 on Carnival Vista.
- "Celestial Strings" show is themed on classical music mixed with modern pop.
- "Soulbound" is a gothic-inspired, New Orleans-themed show featuring R&B music favorites.
- "Vintage Pop" show is themed on "Gatsby's Cotton Club", featuring modern songs recomposed into classic jazz interpretations performed live by a 6-piece jazz band.
- "Amor Cubano - A Caribbean Dance Romance" show is themed on classic Latin songs mixed with modern music hits. It is held at the Havana Bar and highlighted by a 7-piece Cuban music band.
Carnival Jubilee's itinerary program will be based on year-round Caribbean roundtrips leaving from homeport Galveston (Texas USA). The inaugural cruise (October 30, 2023) is an 18-day Transatlantic crossing from Southampton to Texas (call ports Vigo, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Funchal Madeira, Grand Turk). The Caribbean Maiden Voyage is currently scheduled for November 18, 2023. The 7-day roundtrip from Galveston visits Mexico (Cozumel and Costa Maya) and Honduras (Isla Roatan's Mahogany Bay).
Carnival Jubilee cruises were opened for booking on January 25, 2021.
CCL's homeporting operations in Galveston started in 2000. From Galveston Carnival offers cruises to the Eastern and Western Caribbean, visiting ports in Bahamas (Nassau, Freeport, Half Moon Cay), Florida (Key West), Mexico (Cozumel, Costa Maya), Honduras (Roatan), Belize City.
Carnival Jubilee - user reviews and comments
Photos of Carnival JubileeAdd Photo
Carnival Jubilee ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
First steel was cut on Friday, March 18, for CCL-Carnival Cruise Line's Carnival Jubilee which is due to be arriving in Galveston TX in November 2023...March 18, 2022
- Cruise Industry
On Tuesday, January 25, cranes lowered the iconic winged funnel onto CCL-Carnival Cruise Line's newest ship Carnival Celebration where she is being...January 28, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Bookings opened for the inaugural 2023 & 2024 schedule of CCL-Carnival Cruise Line's ship Carnival Jubilee from Port Galveston (Texas USA). CCL...January 25, 2022
- Cruise Industry
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line announced that its 3rd Excel-class ship, Carnival Jubilee, will be delivered in 2023 and based at the Port of Galveston...November 12, 2021
- show more news
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Jubilee Wiki
The shipbuilding order (Meyer Werft yard number / hull S717) was placed by Carnival Corporation (shipowner) with the shipbuilder Meyer Werft (Papenburg Shipyard Germany) on February 27, 2018. The order was for a 3rd unit (EXCEL/Excellence-class) and originally planned for the Corporation's German subsidiary AIDA Cruises. Back then, this was the 98th cruise ship order for the industry's global fleet (vessels in the order book 2018-2026). However, in June 2021 was announced that the newbuild will be instead assigned to the CCL fleet.
On June 23, 2021, CCL-Carnival announced plans to add two additional ships to its fleet by 2023. The vessels included an EXCEL-class unit (Carnival Jubilee/2023-built) and Costa Magica (2004-built/joins CCL in 2022-H1).
The vessel's name (Carnival Jubilee), IMO number (9851737) and homeport (Galveston TX) were officially announced on November 11, 2021, by Christine Duffy (CCL's President). The new ship's name honors MS Jubilee (1986-built/2017-scrapped) - CCL's second (out of three) Holiday-class liners, with sisterships MS Holiday (1985-built/2021-scrapped as "CMV Magellan") and MS Celebration (1987-built/2021-scrapped as "Grand Celebration").
For the newbuild (yard number S717), on October 1, 2021, Meyer Werft contracted Silverstream Technologies (London UK-based company specializing in the development and installation of hull air lubrication systems). The technology is based on releasing air bubbles (from the full-length hull's flat bottom) that generate a dense carpet of microbubbles for reducing water resistance (resulting in better fuel efficiancy/~5%) and improving maneuverability during navigation. The same system (by Silverstream Technologies) was installed on P&O Arvia (2022) and on Diamond Princess (2004).
Like most large-sized newbuilds, the new Carnival Jubilee is LNG-powered, with 4x Caterpillar Marine LNG engines (model MaK 16M-46DF) generating combined output 57,2 MW. The propulsion system is based on two Azimuting thrusters with combined power output 37 MW. The ship has 3x LNG tanks (cryogenic steel) with total capacity ~3200 m3. Two of the tanks are larger (length 35 m / 115 ft, diameter 8 m / 26 ft, gas capacity 1525 m3), while the 3rd tank has length 28 m (92 ft), diameter 5 m (16 ft) and gas capacity 520 m3. The vessel's bunkering takes ~8 hours and her LNG capacity is enough for ~14 days of operation (navigation and onboard electricity production).
The vessel's construction officially started on March 18, 2022, with the steel-cutting ceremony held at the Papenberg shipyard. The special event was attended by Christine Duffy (CCL's President) and Jan Meyer (Meyer Werft GmbH’s Managing Director).
Inaugural cruise itineraries 2023
Next tables show the ship's Maiden Voyage and the inaugural Caribbean cruise from PortMiami.
(Maiden Voyage) 18-day Transatlantic crossing from Europe/UK to Texas USA ($1445 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|30 Oct 17:00||Departing from Southampton, England|
|01 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||La Coruna, Spain Galicia|
|02 Nov 07:00 - 16:00||Vigo, Spain Galicia|
|04 Nov 07:00 - 16:00||Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal|
|05 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands|
|06 Nov 07:00 - 17:00||Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Canary Islands|
|13 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Cockburn Town, Grand Turk Island|
|17 Nov 08:00||Arriving in Galveston, Texas|
(inaugural Caribbean departure) 7-day Western Caribbean itinerary ($945 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|18 Nov 16:00||Departing from Galveston|
|21 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Mahogany Bay, Roatan Island, Honduras|
|22 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Costa Maya, Mexico|
|23 Nov 07:00 - 17:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|25 Nov 08:00||Arriving in Galveston|
Carnival Jubilee User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review