Review of Carnival Mardi Gras deck 8 (Promenade-Havana)
- Ji Ji Asian Kitchen restaurant is complimentary for lunch (stir-fry favorites) and at a surcharge for dinner ($15 adults, %5 kids 11 and under /reservations recommended). The menu includes Asian cuisine dishes (from China, Mongolia, Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines) among which appetizers and soups (pork belly, Nanjing-style duck, chicken rolls), entrees (peppered beef, short rib, Kung Pao Chicken, shrimp, stewed pork), sides (noodles, steamed/fried rice, broccoli, potato fries, eggplant), desserts (creme brulee, caramelized crepes, fried wontons) and beverages (soda and alcohol drinks at bar prices /incl Kirin beer).
- Havana Bar is an authentic Cuban cafe (cocktail/coffee bar) with live Latin music in the evenings. After midnight, the bar transforms into Latin disco club. Havana Bar serves daily breakfast and lunch (8 am – 5 pm /light Cuban fare- sandwiches, empanadas, flan, fresh-made pastries) and nightly handcrafted Cuban cocktails and snacks. Food (incl snacks) is complimentary, beverages cost extra. Drink menu includes Cuban coffee (Cafecito, Cortadito, Cafe con leche), Italiano coffee (Espresso, Cappuccino, Caffe Latte, Mochaccino, fresh squeezed orange juice), cocktails (Mojito, Papa Double, Cuban Ice Tea, La Buena Vida, Jupina Amor, Daiquiri Clasico, Cuba Libre Doble Especial), international beers, soft drinks (Cuban sodas – Jupina, Coco Solo, Quinabeer, Cawy Watermelon, Materva Verba Mate), non-alcoholic beverages (Ponche Havana, Virgin Daiquiri), milkshakes.
- Havana Outside is the Havana complex’s pool area (1 swimming pool /Havana Pool, live palm trees).
- Dreams Studio (level 2)
- Pixels Photo Gallery & Shop (professional photo-video services, duty-free equipment, and accessories, photos on display available for purchasing)
- Grand Central (level 3)
- The Fun Shops (level 3)
- Bonsai Sushi restaurant (including Bonsai Teppanyaki) serves Japanese cuisine specialties and drinks (a la carte priced menu). The sushi bar is open for Dinner (between 5 pm – 12 midnight) and also for Lunch (12 noon – 2:30 pm /on sea days only). The menu has appetizers ($4 each /wagyu short ribs, salmon, tuna), soup/salads ($2 each /miso, mixed greens, noodle), sushi sashimi ($1,50 per piece /shrimp, tuna, salmon, amberjack), sushi rolls ($5 per roll /tuna, California-crab), sushi rolls ($7 per roll /freshwater eel, fried shrimp), bento box ($10 combo), sushi ship ($17 combo). The menu also offers Japanese drinks (Kirin beer, Nigori sake, Tyku Junmai Ginjo sake, Carafe sake /served hot), wine by the glass and desserts ($2 each /Yuzu Custard, Green Tea Cupcake). Complimentary sushi is offered in the evenings at the buffet restaurant.
- Bonsai Teppanyaki (within Bonsai Sushi Restaurant) offers authentic Far East dishes and a live cooking show performance (by the chefs) at custom-built cooking stations positioned at the center of an 8-seat dining table. Due to room's limited seating, reservations are required. Each meal at Bonsai Teppanyaki starts with a sampling of 5 appetizers (Miso Soup, Pork Belly Yakitori, Spicy Tuna on Rocks). Combo dinners are also offered. Each meal ends with the specialty desserts "Chocolate Bento Box" and "Green Tea Ice Cream". The restaurant is open for lunch (seadays only) and for dinner (every night of the voyage). Cover charge/price is per person and covers the entire meal.
- Pixels Gallery (level 2)
- La Piazza (midship) is an Italy-themed area housing the 24-hour complimentary Pizzeria del Capitano and Cucina del Capitano (seafood restaurant). Classic Italian cocktails and live music nightly are offered at a new Bar Lounge.
- Rudi’s Seagrill (located between Summer Landing and La Piazza) is a seafood restaurant by Rudi Sodamin (Holland America Line's Master Chef). Rudi’s Seagrill is a specialty restaurant (at surcharge / reservation fee) with indoor (80 seats) and outdoor seating (al fresco dining on The Lanai). Rudi’s Seagrill offers appetizers, entrees and desserts, with all menu items presented as food faces. Signature dishes include Bigeye Tuna, Lemon-Stuffed Grilled Branzino, Seared Scallops, Salt-Roasted Prawns, Broiled Lobster Tails, Crab Cake, Caramel Apple Cheesecake, Chocolate Truffle Cake. Non-seafood options are also on offer.
- Carnival Adventures/Guest Services
- The aft-located "Summer Landing" houses Guy's Pig and Anchor Smokehouse Brewhouse (Carnival's complimentary smoked-on-board BBQ food by Guy Fieri), The Watering Hole (outdoor bar with wide selections of cocktails and beers) and ParchedPig (onboard- brewed craft beers). Also in this neighborhood are located a lunch counter (for the Smokehouse-Brewhouse), an expansive outdoor deck area with two whirlpools and an infinity pool, a stage for live music, a sports bar featuring indoor and outdoor TV screens, hang-out space with trivia, dance classes, arts and crafts.
- The Watering Hole (located within The Patio at Summer Landing) is a backyard-like designed outdoor bar with wide selections of cocktails and beers (including Carnival's own brands / canned and draft brews).
Forward on Promenade Deck are located passenger staterooms/cruise cabins from 8201 to 8305, of which Havana Interior (category HA), Havana Cabana (category HE), Havana Forward-View Extended Balcony (category HG), Havana Cabana Suites (category HS) and Havana Vista Suites (category HU).