Carnival Spirit deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Carnival Spirit deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2021-2022-2023 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Carnival Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Carnival Spirit cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Carnival Spirit staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Carnival Spirit (2001-built, last refurbished in 2021) is the first of all four Spirit-class Carnival cruise ships – together with Legend, Miracle, and Pride, and also Costa ships Atlantica and Mediterranea.
Carnival Spirit cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 1062 staterooms for 2124 passengers (max capacity is 2549), served by 930 crew-staff. The boat has 12 passenger decks (6 with cabins), 16 lounges and bars, 4 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 4 outdoor Jacuzzis (large whirlpool hot tubs), 15 elevators.
Carnival Spirit decks with passenger cabins have a total of 50 Suites, 632 Balconies, 167 Oceanviews, 213 Inside cabins, Self Service Laundromats (passenger use launderettes). Laundry facilities are at extra-charge – $3,25 (per washer or dryer load) and $1,5 per box (detergent/water softener, dispensed from the vending machine in the room). Launderettes (open between 6:30 am – 12 midnight) are located on all cabin decks. Each laundry room is equipped with 2-3 washers, 2-3 dryers, 1 ironing board/iron. All laundry machines are coinless (can be operated using S&S cards only). While the ship is in port, washing machines are closed (only dryers and irons can be used). Valet laundry service is handled through the cabin steward. Prices are per item – wash-and-press ($2 – $7,50), no dry-cleaning.
Carnival Spirit deck plan changes 2018 refurbishment review
The ship's drydock in 2018 (May 23 - June 5) was in Singapore. The upgrades included new entertainment options available at new clubs for youth activities - kids-only arts-crafts area ("SoulPlay") and teens-only area ("Warehouse Arcade"). Other changes included:
- redesigned retail area - new duty-free shopping brands - Clinique, Lacoste, Quay Australia, Seafolly, Swarovski, Swatch
- redesigned Photo Gallery - Pixels Digital Photo Gallery - upgraded kiosk allowing passengers to view then purchase photos through smartphones and iPads
- updated Fitness Centre (latest training equipment)
In 2021-Q1 (February-March-April / refurb dates TBA) Carnival Spirit will be drydocked at Sembcorp Shipyard (Singapore), mainly for general maintenance works.
In 2017, on the Australia-based Carnival Spirit was introduced new kids programming that includes new onboard activities, games, themed parties.
- On the ship were introduced an inflatable bocce court and giant-sized board games (Cranium, Trivial Pursuit, Guess Who).
- Another 2017 addition is the Cluedo (aka Clue) murder mystery game that is a group activity involving 2-6 players. At the beginning of each cruise, costumed characters present their alibis, and the players attempt to solve the crime mystery through clues given to them throughout the cruise.
- New themed entertainment events are the shows "80s Rock" (music-themed), "Glow Night" (fashion-themed) and "Lip Sync Battle" (a musical competition involving choreography, costumes, and stage sets).
"Carnival Hub" app
In 2016, Carnival Australia introduced on Carnival Spirit the "Carnival Hub" app. It provides information on the ship's daily scheduled activities onboard ("Fun Times" newsletter). Among the app's functions are:
- "favorites" - passengers can bookmark the events they like (shows, promotions, etc)
- real-time onboard account balance checking
- reminder for attending chosen events
- making onboard reservations and bookings (spa, dining/specialty restaurants, lounges, etc)
- cruise itinerary information (ports of call, searchable deck plans / with highlighted attractions)
- The Carnival Hub app (costs AUD 9) also has a "chat" function for connecting with your family and friends on the ship. The function automatically adds to a contact list all passengers traveling together. The unique ID number allows adding new friends to chat contacts.
- Booked passengers can download "Carnival Hub" online (for free), set up a profile, enter the next cruise date of departure, and the app starts to countdown. The app can also be downloaded while on the ship (for free).
- The ship's "Fun Times" newsletter on paper is also available but in a reduced-size format. This, along with the Carnival Hub's introduction results in around 50% reduction in paper usage.
Cruise ship Internet
In May 2016, Carnival Australia introduced faster and cheaper internet and social media Internet packages on the Australia-based ships Carnival Legend and Carnival Spirit. The improved internet access offers increased bandwidth and speed.
- The “value package” (cost AUD 30 per day) offers unlimited Internet.
- The faster “premium package” (cost AUD 50 per day) allows passengers to make Skype video calls.
- The new "social media package" (c0st AUD 15 per day) offers unlimited access to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter.
Carnival Spirit deck plans are property of Carnival Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.