Carnival Radiance deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Carnival Radiance deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2020-2021-2022 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Carnival Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Carnival Radiance cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Carnival Radiance staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Carnival Radiance (built 2000 as Carnival Victory, last refurbished in 2020 / Fun Ship 2.0 refurbishment in 2018) is the third (last) of the Destiny-class Carnival cruise ships – together with Destiny-Sunshine and Triumph-Sunrise, and two Costa Cruises ships - Magica and Fortuna.
Carnival Radiance cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1448 staterooms for 2896 passengers (max capacity is 3475 guests), served by 1108 crew/staff. The ship has 13 passenger decks, 18 lounges and bars, 4 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 7 jacuzzies, 18 elevators. Carnival Victory cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 1387 staterooms for 2754 passengers (max capacity 3470 guests) served by 1090 crew/staff.
Carnival Radiance decks with passenger cabins have a total of 52 Suites, 503 Balconies, 310 Oceanviews, 21 Porthole and 565 Inside staterooms, Self Service Laundromats (passenger use launderettes). Laundry facilities are at extra-charge – $3,25 (per washer or dryer load) and $1,5 per box (detergent/water softener, dispensed from the vending machine in the room). Launderettes (open between 6:30 am – 12 midnight) are located on all cabin decks. Each laundry room is equipped with 2-3 washers, 2-3 dryers, 1 ironing board/iron. All laundry machines accept coins only (can’t be operated using S&S cards). While the ship is in port, washing machines are closed (only dryers and irons can be used). Valet laundry service is handled through the cabin steward. Prices are per item – wash-and-press ($2 – $7,50) and dry-cleaning ($3 – $10,50).
Carnival Victory-Radiance refit 2020 refurbishment review
Following the 2020 refit project (March 21 - April 28, 38-day drydock refurbishment in Cadiz Spain) at the cost of USD 200 million, Carnival Victory will be renamed "Carnival Radiance". In comparison to Victory, Carnival Radiance's passenger capacity (lower berths/double occupancy) was increased from 2774 to 2984, max capacity from 3329 to 3475, crew capacity from 1040 to 1108, cabins from 1387 to 1448.
Carnival Victory had 530 Interior, 327 Oceanview and 472 Balcony staterooms plus 50 suites. Of all accommodations, 18 were Carnival Spa and 31 wheelchair-accessible. Ship's Grand Suites were the largest cabins (32 m2 / 345 ft2, with 8 m2 / 90 ft2 veranda) accommodating up to 4 passengers.
Carnival Radiance has 1448 staterooms, of which 52 are Suites, 503 Balcony (including 8 Premium), 310 Oceanview (including 6 Scenic), 21 Porthole, 565 Interior (including 18 Small), 93 "Carnival 9 Spa" cabins (63 Balcony, 30 Interior). Ship's largest cabins are the two Captain’s Suites (47 m2 / 500 ft2, with 14 m2 / 150 ft2 veranda) accommodating up to 5 passengers.
Following the 2020 reconstruction, on Carnival Radiance will be added the following new dining, beverage and entertainment venues
- Guy’s Pig and Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse (by Guy Fieri), Fahrenheit 555 (steakhouse)
- Bonsai Sushi
- Cucina del Capitano (Italian restaurant)
- RedFrog Pub
- Piano Bar 88
- Chef’s Table (VIP dining package experience) will be moved from the Galley (kitchen) to ship's forward dining room.
- (fleet-first) "Big Chicken" is the "ship version" of the land-based restaurant chain operated by Carnival’s "Chief Fun Officer" Shaq (Shaquille O’Neal - retired professional US basketball player). Unsurprisingly, Big Chicken serves chicken-based dishes, emphasizing on fried chicken sandwiches. Each sandwich type is named after Shaq’s nicknames. The restaurant also serves fries, sliders, breakfast, siders, salads, strips, chicken-and-egg biscuits, kids meals. Big Chicken is similar to Guy’s Burger Joint. Both are complimentary, to-go food bars.
Carnival Radiance will have redesigned WaterWorks park (with the new waterslide AquaTunnel) and SportSquare (outdoor complex with suspended ropes course). All staterooms will be completely renovated.
Carnival Victory deckplan changes 2018 refurbishment review
The ship's 2018 drydock refit and refurbishment (January 5-20, done in Freeport Bahamas) resulted in the following deckplan changes:
- New food and beverage venues were added - Guy's Burger Joint, RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Cantina, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, Bonsai Sushi Express, Cherry on Top. The buffet's Deli was redesigned.
- Two new Captain’s Suites (820 ft2) were added, each with extended balcony, 2 full-size bathrooms, separate sleeping room, and living room.
- New Oceanview staterooms were added - categories Scenic Oceanview (260 ft2) and Scenic Grand Oceanview (320 ft2).
- (Lido Deck 9 - added forward new cabins categories) Scenic Oceanview (category 6J / rooms # 9196-9199), Scenic Grand Oceanview (category 6K - rooms # 9200-9201), Captain's Suite (category CS – rooms # 9202-9203).
- (Lido Deck 9) Guy’s Burger Joint was added (complimentary poolside dining venue serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries )
- (Lido Deck 9) BlueIguana Cantina was added (complimentary poolside Mexican eatery for fresh-made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, with salsa bar and a variety of toppings). Also here was added the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar (Mexican-themed outdoor bar for frozens and beers).
- (Promenade Deck 5) Cherry On Top was added (bulk candy store, also selling Carnival Cruise Lines logo apparel, gifts, toys)).
- (Deck 12) the old Camp Carnival kids complex was redesigned and transformed into Camp Ocean.
- Various technical enhancements were also implemented, including shoreside power capabilities.
Carnival Radiance deck plans are property of Carnival Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.