Carnival Elation deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Carnival Elation deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Carnival Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Carnival Elation cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Carnival Elation staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Carnival Elation (built 1998, last refurbished in 2017 / Fun Ship 2.0) is the seventh of all eight Fantasy-class Carnival cruise ships – together with Fantasy, Imagination, Inspiration, and Paradise, and also the “balcony ships” Ecstasy, Fascination and Sensation.
Carnival Elation cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1026 staterooms for 2128 passengers (max capacity is 2554 guests), served by 980 crew/staff. The ship has 10 passenger decks, 12 lounges, and bars, 3 swimming pools, 6 jacuzzies, 14 elevators.
Carnival Elation decks with passenger cabins have a total of 54 Suites, 564 Oceanviews, 408 Inside cabins, Self Service Laundromats (passenger use launderettes). Laundry facilities are at extra-charge – $3,25 (per washer or dryer load) and $1,5 per box (detergent/water softener, dispensed from the vending machine in the room). Launderettes (open between 6:30 am – 12 midnight) are located on all cabin decks. Each laundry room is equipped with 2-3 washers, 2-3 dryers, 1 ironing board/iron. All laundry machines accept coins only (can’t be operated using S&S cards). While the ship is in port, washing machines are closed (only dryers and irons can be used). Valet laundry service is handled through the cabin steward. Prices are per item – wash-and-press ($2 – $7,50), no dry-cleaning.
Although the Elation ship didn’t receive Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades during its last 2014 refurbishment, it received routine maintenance (carpeting, cleaning, also new fitness equipment and some Club 02 (kids lounge) upgrades.
Carnival Elation deck plan changes 2017 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the ship's 2017 drydock refurbishment (August 31 - September 27) done in Freeport Bahamas included:
- A total of 38 new cabins were added, of which 2x Grand Vista Suites, 22x Junior Suites, 2x Scenic Oceanview, 12x Interior. Balconies were added to 98 cabins (on decks 5-Main, 6-Upper, 7-Empress). This changed the vessel's passenger capacity from 2052 (max 2606) to 2128 (max 2554).
- The newly added staterooms were modular (delivered in a block consisting of 7 sub-blocks), pre-manufactured by ALMACO Group - a full-service provider of marine vessel cabins, wet units, galleys, provision stores, crew living quarters). The ship's elevator lobbies and stairs were also renovated.
- (Lido Deck 10) Guy’s Burger Joint was added (complimentary poolside dining venue serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries )
- (Lido Deck 10) BlueIguana Cantina was added (complimentary poolside Mexican eatery for fresh-made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, with salsa bar and a variety of toppings). Also here was added the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar (Mexican-themed outdoor bar for frozens and beers).
- (Promenade Deck 9) Here was added the RedFrog Rum Bar (rum bar for frozens and beers, serving Carnival’s private label ThirstyFrog Red /draught beer).
- (Promenade Deck 9) In the area of "Elation’s Way Promenade" (near Drama Bar) was added to Cherry On Top (bulk candy store, also selling Carnival Cruise Lines logo apparel, gifts, toys)).
- (Verandah Deck 11) the old Camp Carnival kids complex was redesigned and transformed into Camp Ocean. Also here (aft) was installed Carnival Waterworks (aquapark with Splash Zone, 2 mini racing slides for kids, and the Twister Waterslide).
- (Deck 14) the 9-hole Mini-Golf Course was relocated and redesigned (added bocce court).
- Retail Shops were completely redesigned and upgraded with new brand boutiques (Guess Store, Pandora Store). The Photo Gallery was replaced with a digital platform (Pixels-brand).
- Various technical enhancements were implemented, including shoreside power capabilities.
- Routine maintenance works included new hull coating.
- During refurbishment 2017, the crew area was also renovated.
Carnival Elation deck plans are property of Carnival Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.