Carnival Sensation deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Carnival Sensation deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Carnival Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Carnival Sensation cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Carnival Sensation staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Carnival Sensation (built 1993, last refurbished in 2020 January, Fun Ship 2.0 in 2017) is the third of all eight Fantasy-class Carnival cruise ships – together with Ecstasy and Fascination, and the “no balcony ships” Elation, Fantasy, Imagination, Inspiration, and Paradise.
Carnival Sensation cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1026 staterooms for 2052 passengers (max capacity is 2658 guests), served by 920 crew/staff. The ship has 10 passenger decks, 12 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools, 7 jacuzzies, 14 elevators.
Carnival Sensation decks with passenger cabins have a total of 54 Suites, 98 Balconies, 564 Oceanviews, 408 Inside cabins, Self Service Laundromats (passenger use launderettes). Laundry facilities are at extra-charge – $3,25 (per washer or dryer load) and $1,5 per box (detergent/water softener, dispensed from the vending machine in the room). Launderettes (open between 6:30 am – 12 midnight) are located on all cabin decks. Each laundry room is equipped with 2-3 washers, 2-3 dryers, 1 ironing board/iron. All laundry machines accept coins only (can’t be operated using S&S cards). While the ship is in port, washing machines are closed (only dryers and irons can be used). Valet laundry service is handled through the cabin steward. Prices are per item – wash-and-press ($2 – $7,50), no dry-cleaning.
Carnival Sensation deck plan changes 2017 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the ship's 2017 drydock refurbishment (February 9-22, done in Freeport Bahamas) included:
- (Lido Deck 10) Guy’s Burger Joint was added (complimentary poolside dining venue serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries )
- (Lido Deck 10) BlueIguana Cantina was added (complimentary poolside Mexican eatery for fresh-made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, with salsa bar and a variety of toppings). Also here was added the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar (Mexican-themed outdoor bar for frozens and beers).
- (Promenade Deck 9) Alchemy Bar was added (Carnival's “cocktail pharmacy” lounge with professional mixologists and made-to-order drinks). Also here was added the RedFrog Rum Bar (rum bar for frozens and beers, serving Carnival’s private label ThirstyFrog Red /draught beer).
- (Promenade Deck 9) Cherry On Top was added (bulk candy store, also selling Carnival Cruise Lines logo apparel, gifts, toys)).
- (Verandah Deck 11) the old Camp Carnival kids complex was redesigned and transformed into Camp Ocean. Also here (aft) was installed Carnival Waterworks (aquapark with Splash Zone, 2 mini racing slides for kids, and the Twister Waterslide).
- Various technical enhancements were also implemented, including shoreside power capabilities.
- Routine maintenance works included new hull coating.
- During refurbishment 2017, the crew area was also renovated.
After the ship's previous (2015) refurbishment (by the "Fun Ship 2.0" program) was introduced new show programming - Hasbro Game Show, Playlist Productions, Punchliner Comedy Club.
Drydock 2020 (January 6-17, done in Freeport Bahamas) was a USD 25 million project that included general maintenance works, technical upgrades, new carpeting and tiling (shipwide).
Carnival Sensation deck plans are property of Carnival Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.