CMV Marco Polo deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
CMV Marco Polo deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2022-2023-2024 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Scrapped Cruise Ships deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the CMV Marco Polo cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on CMV Marco Polo staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Marco Polo (1965-built, last refurbished in 2020 January/by CMV) was the first cruise ship of the CMV (2010-2020). The vessel was originally built for the Russian “Baltic Shipping Company” during the USSR times. Back then, the vessel was named after Russia's most famous poet - Aleksandr Pushkin. After the fall of the Soviet Union, the newly renamed ms Marco Polo joined the fleet of now-defunct Orient Lines, which operated the vessel between 1993 and 2008. Following an extensive refurbishment in 2010, the liner started operations for CMV-Cruise & Maritime Voyages. Following the CMV's bankruptcy in July 2020, in October Marco Polo was sold at an auction to private investors who in December sold it for scrap to Alang Shipbreaking Yard India.
CMV Marco Polo cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 425 staterooms for 800 passengers (max capacity is 850) served by 355 crew/staff. The boat has 11 decks (8 passenger-accessible, 7 with cabins), 3 restaurants, 5 lounges and bars, 3 main lobby areas, 1 swimming pool, 3 jacuzzies, 4 elevators. The ship has no self-service laundromats (passenger-use laundry facilities).
MS Marco Polo is an adults-only (child-free) ship targeting the UK luxury cruise market. The age requirement is 16+ years old (teenagers must be accompanied by adult/s).
Alcoholic beverages are priced reasonably (no extra service charge is added).
Dress code is daily casual and evening elegant (suit or jacket with trousers for men, cocktail dress or trouser suit for women). On each cruise, there are at least 2 formal nights (6-night and longer itineraries). In the onboard restaurants are not allowed flip-flops, shorts, sleeveless tops.
MS Marco Polo refurbishment 2017 review
The ship's 2017 drydock refurbishment (Dec 2016 - Jan 2017) was done at Damen Shiprepair Vlissingen (DSV) in Vlissingen Holland. The list of works included:
- high-pressure hull cleaning, repainting the hull and superstructure
- routine equipment maintenance, overhauls and repainting
- rudder (clearances and repacking of rudderstock)
- Main diesel engine's cooler jacket was removed and replaced with new (fabricated at the DSV shipyard). The ship's propulsion units were maintained (including main propeller polishing, bow thruster blades polishing).
- Renewal and upgrades were done to all public areas and cruise cabins, the ship's air conditioning system, evaporator rooms, also a renewal of sea- and freshwater piping, overboard valves overhauling.
Follows is the list of changes done to the ship during the refurbishment in 2015 (Nov 3 -Dec 14):
- exterior repainting, interior repairs/maintenance
- propellers, propeller shafts, reconditioning the bearings on main engines
- servicing air-conditioning units and gen sets, liferafts/safety equipment)
- cranes and winches overhauled, minor steelworks.
CMV Marco Polo deck plans are property of Scrapped Cruise Ships. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.