Pacific Jewel deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Pacific Jewel deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Zen Cruises India (P&O Cruises) deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Pacific Jewel cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Pacific Jewel staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
ms Pacific Jewel (built 1990 as “Crown Princess”, last refurbished in 2018 March) is one of the P and O Australia cruise ships – together with Pacific Explorer (2017), Pacific Aria (2015), Pacific Dawn, Pacific Eden (2015) and Pacific Pearl (Columbus since 2017). Pacific Jewel cruise ship was previously operated under the name Crown Princess (between 1990-2002, link to the 2006 launched vessel) as part of Princess Cruises fleet. The vessel’s service history also includes operations (between 2002-2009) in the fleets of A-Rosa, AIDA and Ocean Village.
NEWS: In 2019, Pacific Jewel leaves PandO fleet, with its final cruise for the company departing from Melbourne on February 24, 2019.
P and O Pacific Jewel cruise ship deck plan has a total of 837 staterooms for 1674 passengers (max capacity is 2009 guests) served by 620 crew/staff, 11 passenger decks (out of 13) with 3 restaurants, 8 bars, 2 swimming pools, 2 jacuzzies, 9 elevators. P&O Australia “mini cruises to nowhere” in the Pacific Jewel itinerary program are usually themed sailings.
Themed cruises offer a different programming both as onboard activities and entertainment. Feature activites are themed classes (dancing, boot camp, arts-crafts, cooking, spa-fitness, comedy) with workshops, demonstrations, guest speakers and presentations held on the ship and included in the P&O AU fares. The list of themes includes “food and wine”, comedy, music, well-being.
Note: On the Pacific Jewel ship, self-service launderettes (passenger use laundry/ironing facilities) are located on Baja Deck 10. Laundry services on board are extra (not included in the fares). Smoking on the P&O Jewel ship is permitted only at designated outdoor public areas.
Pacific Jewel deck plan changes 2018 refurbishment review
The ship's last refurbishment March 7-17, 2018 (10-day drydock stay in Garden Island Shipyard, Sydney NSW) resulted in the following changes:
- All public areas were redesigned.
- New outdoor bowling green (Lawn Bowls) was added on deck 14 (first introduced in 2017 on the fleetmate Pacific Explorer).
- Shell & Bones restaurant was added on deck 12 (replacing "Salt Grill by Luke Mangan"). It serves locally-sourced seafood, grilled and vegetarian food.
- Orient Bar (signature club for live music and stand-up comedy shows on Deck 7) received new soft furnishings made from premium fabrics.
- Connexions Bar (deck 7) received a new pub-themed decor featuring custom-printed fabrics.
- The poolside Internet Cafe (deck 12) was redesigned and its menu upgraded (now offering Spanish-style snacks).
- The Oasis (adults-only retreat located aft on deck 11) received new furbiture (nautical-themed lounge beds).
- The ship's Atrium was redesigned and received new soft furnishings, accessories and hand-made artworks.
- Works also included general maintenance, hull repainting and adding new P&O Australia livery.
Pacific Jewel deck plans are property of Zen Cruises India (P&O Cruises). All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.