CMV Columbus deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
CMV Columbus deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2021-2022-2023 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Seajets Cruise Line (Small Cruise Lines) deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the CMV Columbus cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on CMV Columbus staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MV Columbus (1988-built as "FairMajesty", last refurbished in 2017) was the smallest and oldest among P&O Australia ships. Pacific Pearl cruise ship was previously operated under the name Star Princess/now Pacific Encounter (between 1989 and 1997, link to the 2001 launched ship) as part of the Princess Cruises fleet. In early February 2016 was officially announced that Pacific Pearl leaves P&O AU’s fleet in 2017 to join CMV (Cruise And Maritime Voyages) as "CMV Columbus".
Columbus cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 773 staterooms for 1546 passengers (max capacity is 1855 guests) served by 700 crew/staff, 11 passenger decks (out of 13) with 4 restaurants, 8 bars, 2 swimming pools, 2 jacuzzies, 12 elevators.
CMV Columbus ship features 150 single cabins. These staterooms are designed for solo travellers and available for booking with 25% supplement on equivalent cabin category double occupancy prices.
Note: On the Columbus ship, self-service launderettes (passenger use laundry/ironing facilities) are located on decks: 6-Main and 10-Upper. Laundry services on board are not complimentary /included in the fares. Smoking on the ship is permitted only at designated outdoor public areas.
CMV Columbus 2017 refurbishment review
During the ship's 3-week drydock refurbishment (May 13 -June 5, 2017, done in Rotterdam Holland at DSR / Damen shipyard) the Pacific Pearl vessel was transformed into the New Columbus. The list of modification works and changes done to the ship before entering the CMV's fleet, included:
- Repainting was done to the hull and superstructure. New livery and the new shipowner's (CMV) logos and markings were added.
- Redesigned were the existing youth areas / converted to adult facilities. This added the new "Columbus Lounge" (Observation Lounge & Library/aft on deck 14) and the new "Trumps & Aces" (kids area/aft on deck 11).
- Most of Pacific Pearl's other venues were renamed, redesigned and extensively refurbished.
- Columbus is CMV's first vessel to offer "Whittard of Chelsea" (UK brand) specialty tea and chocolate beverages, plus gift collections on sale at the onboard shop.
- Technical maintenance works included main diesel engines, ship's propulsion units (thrusters, generators, propellers were polished), pipelines and valves (some were modified or renewed), tender boats, lifeboats, davits (crane devices), fuel and water tanks (repair and cleaning).
Pacific Pearl ship's last refurbishment 2015 review
During Pacific Pearl's last drydock refurbishment (in August 2015, done in Sydney NSW) was installed PYO AU's signature P&O Edge Adventure Park. The outdoor facility serves 15 open-air activities on the top deck, including surfboard simulator, bungee trampoline, walk the plank, flying fox. Another new feature was the Pandora outlet (selling top Australian brand jewellery).
- The ship’s decor was changed after the refit, with new furniture, fresh colour palettes, and artworks for the Atrium, Mix bar, Orient bar, Connexions bar, Luna restaurant.
- The Plantation buffet restaurant was redesigned.
- General renovation works were done to all public areas and all cruise cabins (including new carpeting), also to the Spa/wellness complex, The Dome (disco nightclub) and the Waterfront restaurant.
- The Orient bar received 2 grand pianos.
CMV Columbus deck plans are property of Seajets Cruise Line (Small Cruise Lines). All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.