Princess Cruises fleet
Review of Princess Cruises
Princess cruise line is a premium brand and a subsidiary company of the “Carnival group of influence”, or one of the ten cruise ship lines owned by the world’s biggest cruise company Carnival Corporation and PLC. As part of the conglomerate, the Princess line brings around a fifth of its revenue.
The Princess Cruises history began in 1965 when the company was founded by Stanley McDonald who chartered an Alaskan cruise ship (MS Princess Patricia) for roundtrips to Mexican Riviera from Los Angeles during the off-season (winter). Then in 1965, Princess chartered the new ship MS Italia, with a modern design and numerous innovations allowing more spacious upper decks and larger public areas amid-ship by placing the engines far in the rear.
The new “Princess Italia” again operated the Mexican Riviera from LA (the Princess logo on the ship’s funnel.was placed for the first time in 1967). In 1969 the ship made its inaugural season in Alaska with roundtrips from San Francisco. When the Italia ship’s charter ended in 1973, Princess chartered the Carla C ship from Costa Cruises (the ship was unofficially renamed “Princess Carla”).
Princess company’s new history began in 1974 when the company was acquired by PandO. The new owner transferred its “Spirit of London” ship (renamed as “Sun Princess”) and 3 more ships specifically bought from “Flagship Cruises” for the Princess brand – “Sea Venture” (to become “Island Princess”), “Island Venture” (“Pacific Princess”) and the Kungsholm liner (“Sea Princess”). The first newly built and specifically for Princess ship was MS Royal Princess (1984, she also served Princess under the name “Artemis”).
A major company asset is “Princess Tours” (Alaska division acquired in 1986) with 10 luxury rail-cars for scenic tours of Mt McKinley and daily capacity over 700 passengers. With the acquisition of Sitmar Line (1988), PandO added to the Princess brand 3 more liners (then under construction) – in 1989 (Star Princess) and in 1990 (Crown Princess, Regal Princess), plus 2 former Cunard liners (renamed Dawn Princess, Fair Princess) and Sitmar’s “Fairsky” ship (renamed Sky Princess).
“PandO Princess Cruises” as a company was established in 2000 (October 23). It subsequently merged with Carnival Corp in 2003 (April 17) into Carnival Corporation. The USD 5,4 billion dollars merger created the largest cruise company in the world ever, incorporating 11 different cruise shipping brands (as subsidiaries).
Currently, the Princess cruise line is transferred to the Carnival’s American division, but the line’s marketing and sales in the UK are under Carnival plc (aka Carnival UK, also responsible for the Cunard Line’s management). The world’s most romantic attention the Princess Cruises line received by the participation of its ships (first Island and Pacific, and later Royal, Sun and Sea princesses) in the filmed aboard actual ships “The Love Boat” TV-series aired on ABC network from 1977 until 1986. In May 2013, the newest Princess ship Royal Princess became the company's flagship.
In May 2018, the cast of "The Love Boat" (ABC TV series run 1977-1986) and Princess Cruises was presented a Hollywood Walk of Fame star plaque. The honorary plaque is located in front of Dolby Theater's main entrance on Hollywood Blvd. Following the pilot show (May 5, 1977), the cruise ship-themed series continued for 10 seasons (until May 24, 1986). The Princess brand became famous and commonly known as "the Love Boat cruise line". In the series were used the Princess-owned ships Island Princess (scrapped in 2017 as "Discovery"), Royal Princess (now Artania) and Sea Princess (scrapped in 2016 as Veronica) cruising to exotic destinations around the world.
The following table shows statistical data about Princess' market share (as fleet and passenger capacity / ship-berth numbers) in comparison to other major cruise companies.
|Parent Company||Subsidiaries||Fleets (vessels per brand)||Passenger Capacity (berths per brand)|
|Carnival Corp||Holland America||15||25900|
|Carnival Corp||P&O UK||8||18600|
|Carnival Corp||P&O Australia||5||8200|
|Carnival Corp||TOTAL||103 ships||233,200 berths|
|RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd)||RCI (Royal Caribbean International)||26||84,700|
|RCCL||TOTAL||64 ships||141400 berths|
|NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd)||NCL (Norwegian Cruise Lines)||16||46600|
|NCLH||TOTAL||26 ships||54400 berths|
|(other large brands)|
3- Star Cruises (GHK)
4- Dream Cruises (GHK)
6- Viking Ocean
Princess' cruising experience
One of the most famous features of the Princess Cruises line is its revolutionary new “Personal Choice Cruising” program – an unstructured and individualized approach to the ship vacation travel by the innovative concept of “if you want it – when you want it”. The Princess line’s style of ship travel provides an exceptional feeling of choice and flexibility with the idea to give its guests the opportunity to customize their ship vacation in a way that most fits their personal interests and desires. Implemented in the mid-90s with the line’s new Sun-class ships, this unique concept of passengers being in control of their voyages and vacation experiences was realized by multiple dining venues on board, flexible entertainment options and the idea of cheap affordable private balcony staterooms.
In April 2016, Princess Cruises officially signed an agreement for 2 new cruise ships, due for delivery in 2019 and 2020. The 4th and 5th Royal-class vessels will be constructed as part of a previously announced agreement between Carnival Corporation (the line's parent company), and Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri Italy.
The still unnamed 3,560-passenger vessels will join sister ships Majestic Princess (scheduled to debut in China summer 2017), Regal Princess and Royal Princess. They will include Princess Cruises staples such as Movies Under the Stars, the Piazza, and balconies in 80% of the staterooms, as well as introduce "new to the line" features.
Carnival Corporation has a total of 16 cruise ships scheduled for delivery between 2016-2020. Princess has not yet revealed where the newbuilds will be based.
These are 4th and 5th Royal-class ships (same design as Royal,Reg, l, and Majestic) being constructed at the Monfalcone shipyard as part of a previous agreement between the parent company Carnival Corporation and the shipbuilder Fincantieri. At that time, Carnival Corporation had a total of 16 shipbuilding orders, with scheduled deliveries between 2016 and 2020. Both (still unnamed) 3560-passenger vessels feature Movies Under the Stars, Piazza Atrium, 80% balconied staterooms, plus some "new to the line" features.
In the end of January 2017, the shipowner Carnival Corporation announced 2 more shipbuilding orders. The new ships were ordered for the fleets of Princess (Royal-class) and Holland America Line (Pinnacle-class). The announcement said Carnival had signed a MoA (memorandum of agreement) with Fincantieri to construct both vessels, with scheduled delivery in 2021 (for HAL, at Marghera yard) and 2022 (for Princess, at Monfalcone yard). By the time when both shipbuilding contracts were finalized (February 2017), Carnival Corporation had a total of 19 new ships scheduled for delivery between 2017 and 2022.
The Royal-class vessels are the first passenger ships constructed entirely in compliance with IMO's "safe return to port" requirements.
In July 2018 were ordered 2 new-class (larger than Royal-Class) liners with GT tonnage 175,000 and passenger capacity 4300. These are fleet's first dual-fuel (MGO and LNG) powered ships. The shipbuilding contract with Fincantieri (Monfalcone Shipyard) was signed in March 2019, with scheduled deliveries in 2023 and 2025. Princess Cruises in 2018 had 5 new ships on order with Fincantieri. The 2023-2025 ships are Carnival Corporation's 10th and 11th LNG-powered ships.
By 2019, during ship refurbishments (part of company's USD 450 million fleet renovation program), over 45,000 "Princess Luxury Beds" will be rolled out fleetwide - to over 22000 staterooms (all liners). Princess Luxury Bed implements latest sleep science technology and research and was developed in partnership with Dr. Michael Breus (aka The Sleep Doctor) and Canadian designer Candice Olson.
In early-September 2018, Princess Cruises introduced on Caribbean Princess Carnival Corp's OceanMedallion technology (wearable devices allowing passengers access to "virtual concierge" services and amenities, as well as interactive entertainment). The new technology also includes the MedallionNet - Wi-Fi connectivity via access points installed in every stateroom. Passengers on MedallionClass cruise liners experience land-like connection quality allowing streaming of movies, music, videos, video phone calls, real-time sharing on social media platforms.
Cruisetours / Shore Excursions
Since 2017, Princess Cruises offers "Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee" for tours in all ports of call. The program was launched fleetwide in Dec 2016 and guarantees if passengers booking through Princess find the same tour/excursion elsewhere at a lower price, they will receive 110% of the difference as non-refundable OBC (onboard credit). In such cases, an email request must be submitted at least 7 days prior to departure (at firstname.lastname@example.org) to be reviewed by the company's Shore Excursion team. Within 2 business days, booked passengers are notified if their request meets the criteria.
- "Best Price Guarantee" applies only to tours/shore excursions that are publicly available (priced online).
- "Best Price Guarantee" applies to all excursions, excepting those in Asia and also excepting private vehicle/driver excursions in all ports.
- Princess Shore Excursions program offers over 4,000 land tours/excursions in 360 destinations and over 150 itineraries.
- "Discovery" and "Animal Planet" themed excursions are also available as part of the new "Discovery at Sea" cruise tour program (via an exclusive partnership with Discovery Communications). These tours are unique, can't be booked independently and are available only through Princess. The program includes over 1,000 such tours worldwide.
Princess Cruises Alaskan lodges (cruise tour packages)
Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge is a 663-room complex located approx 2 km (1 ml) from Denali Park's entrance. The building has an expansive deck overlooking Nenana River and views into the nature park. Accommodations are available exclusively to Princess Cruises customers, offered as optional pre- and post- Alaskan cruise tour packages.
In 2019 (company's 50th year in Alaska), Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge debuts the 180-seat restaurant "Fannie Q's Saloon".
- The new dining venue serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, offering locally inspired, authentic dishes (Braised Pork Shoulder, Bison Sliders, Bear-Lard Pie). The modern saloon has indoor and outdoor seating, with live entertainment in the evenings.
- Outside Fannie Q's Saloon is the Fireside Patio with 3 new BBQ firepits and selling refreshment drinks.
- Grizzly Burger (formerly Grizzly Bar and Grill) will offer company's signature "Ernesto" - exclusive ribeye burger created by Japanese celebrity chef Ernesto Uchimura.
Like outdoor activities, Princess cruise tour passengers can meet mountain climbers (who have conquered Mt Denali) in the Mt McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge (Denali State Park). Outside the lodge, there is a retired airplane.
- Fishing and sled dog puppies activities are both complimentary. Lodge's Denali show costs USD 20 per person. Princess' new "North to Alaska" cruise program is available on the "Alaskan ships" Coral Princess, Crown Princess, Grand Princess, Island Princess, Ruby Princess, and Star Princess.
- Playing with sled dog puppies on a cruise ship is probably the last thing one would ever imagine doing. However, it is one of the new activities available on all Princess Cruises Alaska itineraries. Company's "North to Alaska" enrichment program debuted in 2017 and gives passengers the chance to take photos and interact with baby sled dogs in ship's Atrium (lobby) area. Dog handlers are on hand to talk about this Alaskan sport.
- The "Puppies in the Piazza" experience is available on all Princess Alaskan cruise ships and roundtrip itineraries. Also new is the chance to taste your own catch of the day for dinner. New fishing excursions allow passengers to select their preferred preparation by ship's culinary team.
During company's 2018 Alaskan program was inaugurated the custom-designed wilderness treehouse built at Mt McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge. The treehouse allows guests to view Mt Denali while enjoying themed activities.
The treehouse was built during Discovery Channel's Animal Planet episode "Treehouse Masters", which premiered in August 2017. It was the first-ever treehouse in Alaska, being designed and built by Pete Nelson. Powered by solar panels, the facility provides Princess cruise ship tourists with a unique "Alaskan land tour" experience. Sized approx 500 ft2 (46 m2), the treehouse can be accessed by hiking the "hill trail loop".
(NEW) Princess cruise gratuities 2019
Since May 21, 2019, company's daily gratuities (per person/pp) were raised fleetwide as follows:
- USD 14,50 (from $13,50 pp) - interior, oceanview, balcony staterooms, both adults and kids
- USD 15,50 (from $14,50 pp) - mini-suites, Club Class staterooms
- USD 16,50 (from $15,50 - suites
- The US$1 daily gratuity increase affected all voyages departing on or after May 21, excluding itineraries in Australia New Zealand (where gratuities are not compulsory).
- Daily gratuity is an automatic service charge added to the passenger's onboard account each day.
Passengers can prepay gratuities. The amount of gratuities is split between the ship's staff (dining, housekeeping, cabin stewards).
Princess Cruises bear mascot Stanley
Since summer 2017, Princess Cruises ships feature a most special onboard attraction - the company's mascot bear Stanley.
The sensationally cute bear mascot was named in a Facebook contest with over 9,000 entries, Mascot's name honors Stanley McDonald (1920-2014). In 1965 he founded Princess Cruises and expanded it into one of the world's largest cruise ship companies. In 1975, he sold Princess to PandO Cruises (back then named "Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company") and remained its Chairman until 1980.
As the bear fell in love with ship cruising, he decided to skip winter hibernation and became a stowaway. So since 2017 Stanley travels around the world on all Princess ships. Stanley also made "surprise" appearances on the company's "Chinese ship" Majestic Princess in July 2017 during the inaugural festivities in Shanghai China. From China, Stanley the Bear embarked on all Princess itineraries.
During the day, Princess' "cruise ship bear" wears themed apparel, which is tied to the ship's current itinerary destination. On Alaskan cruises that would be his lumberjack outfit. In China, he wears a traditional Tang suit and cap. In Japan, he wears a Yukata outfit. On formal nights, the bear dresses up in the Captain’s uniform. The Stanley bear appears on all Princess ships. He interacts with passengers through various entertainment activities with engaging photo opportunities. Stanley also holds storytime hours for kids at the ship's youth facilities.
On the ship, passengers can participate in the daily contest “Where on the ship is Stanley”. The mascot is also present on the special Welcome Aboard shows throughout the voyage. Souvenir Stanley bears plush toys are available for purchase on the ship 0 in the onboard shopping arcade "Shops of Princess". The toy's price is USD 25. A portion of the proceeds from the toy's sales goes to "Princess Animal Welfare Sponsor".
Princess cruise ship passengers can share their travel adventures with Stanley using the social hashtag #StanleyAtSea.
Itinerary of Princess Cruises
Princess Cruises offers travellers the complete package including comfortable accommodations, comprehensive onboard entertainment, options for families with children and, of course, incredible shore excursions. As it was founded in 1965, the Princess Cruises company has been able to refine their itinerary selection, and now you can sail to destinations all over the world with a vast array of diverse itineraries.
The impressive selection presents over 160 itineraries that reach over 300 ports all around the globe, with sailings ranging from 7 to 100+ days on Princess World tours. The list of Princess cruise destinations includes Alaska, Europe (and the UK), the whole Caribbean, Bermuda, regular Panama Canal crossing cruises, the Mexican Riviera, South America and the Pacific Islands (with Hawaii and Tahiti), Asia, Australia, and New Zealand, Canada and New England.
|Ship Name||Homeports||Itineraries Changes|
The new ship enters service in 2020 with an inaugural season in Europe (Mediterranean). The 7-day itineraries can be combined into 14-day and 21-day B2Bs (back-to-back cruises).
The inaugural cruise (June 18, 2020) is an 11-day Rome to Southampton. On July 1 is the maiden voyage from Southampton to Rome (10-day) and to Athens (17-day).
On November 5 is the 14-day Transatlantic repositioning crossing from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale - ship's Caribbean homeport in the USA.
Enchanted Princess is due to make her North American debut in Fort Lauderdale FL on November 21, 2020, cruising on 21 alternating 7-day Eastern and Western Caribbean voyages through April 10, 2021. All 7-day Eastern Caribbean voyages depart on either Saturday or Sunday and call at Saint Thomas, Saint Maarten and Princess Cays. All 7-day Western Caribbean voyages leave on either Saturday or Sunday and call at Cozumel and Grand Cayman, with options including Costa Maya, Roatan or Belize City or Princess Cays and Jamaica.
NEWS: Golden Princess joins PandO Australia's fleet in October 2020, to be renamed "Pacific Adventure".
The new ship enters service on October 20, 2019, starting with an inaugural Mediterranean season in Europe. It includes all 10 voyages with 8 different as for call ports itineraries.
The maiden voyage (October 20) is a 7-night Adriatic and Mediterranean itinerary, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Barcelona, and visiting Kotor Montenegro, Corfu Greece, Messina Sicily (Italy), Naples Italy.
In November 2019, the ship offers a Transatlantic repositioning cruise (Nov 17 - Dec 1) from Europe to Florida-Caribbean (14-day crossing from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale).
Starting December 2019 Sky Princess operates 7-night Caribbean voyages from Fort Lauderdale FL, kicking off with a 3-day roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale FL departing on December 4, 2019. The ship then sails on alternating 7-day Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises round-trip from Fort Lauderdale from December 7, 2019, through April 4, 2020.
(2020) Sky Princess spends her first spring and summer season in Scandinavia and Russia sailing roundtrip from Copenhagen. The ship is due to sail her maiden Canada New England season via 7-day voyages roundtrip from New York, calling at Newport, Rhode Island, Bar Harbor, Boston, Saint John, Halifax. A 5-day Canadian Atlantic Provinces Getaway from New York calls at Halifax and Saint John.
(fall 2020-spring 2021) Sky Princess sails for the first time on the line's popular 10-day Southern Caribbean Voyager itinerary, that can be combined for a 20-day Caribbean Explorer trip. Passengers can choose from 17 Sky Princess cruises from November 5, 2020, through March 30, 2021.
NEWS: Star Princess joins PandO Australia's fleet in 2021.
Canada and New England cruise itineraries
Princess Cruises Canada and New England 2019 cruise season features Caribbean Princess and Regal Princess on company’s largest fall deployment and the chance to visit Greenland roundtrip from New York City on Caribbean Princess. 2019 Canada and New England program offers 3 ships with 16 departures, visiting a total of 16 destinations on 7 unique itineraries with 3 late night ports and 2 overnight ports plus access to 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites.
2019 Canada and New England highlights include:
- 5-day Canadian Atlantic Provinces Getaway from New York on Regal Princess.
- 7-day Canada and New England cruises departing on Saturdays out of New York on Regal Princess.
- 13-day Canada and Colonial America cruises departing both in summer and fall between Ft Lauderdale and Quebec on Caribbean Princess, with overnights in Quebec.
- New 16-day Greenland and Canada cruise round-trip from New York City on Caribbean Princess, visiting 3 ports in Greenland and 3 in Canada.
- New 24-day Canada and New England cruise round-trip from Southampton (London) on Sapphire Princess, with an overnight in New York and a maiden visit to Rockland, Maine
- More departures of the 10-day Classic Canada and New England cruises, including one in August, from Quebec and New York onboard Caribbean Princess.
- Late-night stay in Saguenay and Boston on every Quebec to New York 10-day Classic Canada and New England onboard Caribbean Princess
- Access to UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Statue of Liberty, Old Town Lunenburg, Historic District of Old Quebec, Landscape of Grand Pre.
To further enhance cruise vacations, Princess offers a choice of 2 options on the East Coast to see Niagara Falls or the sites of colonial America and the best of Eastern Canada:
- Historic America Cruisetour takes passengers to important places like Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello estate, Independence Hall in Philadelphia, the Gettysburg Battlefield and Colonial Williamsburg.
- Maple Explorer Cruisetour brings passengers to exciting cities, such as French-flavored Montreal and the capital of Ottawa with guided tours of Canadian Museum of History, huge cathedrals and historic 19th century Rideau Canal, UNESCO World Heritage Site. Passengers will be treated to a lovely voyage through the Thousand Islands.
European cruise itineraries
2019 cruise season features 5 ships sailing to 130 destinations from the Mediterranean corners to the northernmost of Europe. Passengers can choose from 85 itineraries on 211 departures, visiting 37 different countries, with 30 ports of call with longer time ashore, including 5 ports with overnights. 2019 Princess Cruises highlights include:
- New 24-night "Canada, and New England" roundtrip cruise from Southampton visiting Boston, Charlottetown, and staying overnight in New York.
- New 12-night "Search for the Northern Lights" sailing roundtrip from Southampton, calling at ports including Tromso, Stavanger and staying overnight in Alta.
- New 14-night "Mediterranean Explorer" sailing roundtrip from Southampton visiting Portimao, Ajaccio, Cadiz, Carcassonne, Ceuta.
- New 18-night Greenland and Iceland cruise, roundtrip from Dover, visiting Akureyri, Isafjordur, Nanortalik, Reykjavik, Qaqortoq.
- Overnight stays in Dublin, Venice, St Petersburg, Alta, New York.
- The first roundtrip Dublin season onboard Crown Princess, 11 British Isles sailings.
- Maiden call to Rockland.
Asian and Australian cruise itineraries
Princess Cruises offers an expansive schedule of cruises for fall 2019-spring 2020 season. Special departures include a chance to see the Annular Solar Eclipse off Malaysia's coast on December 26, 2019, and New Year’s Eve late-evening departure out of Hong Kong. With 45 departures from November 2019 through May 2020, Diamond Princess and Sapphire Princess take passengers to experience the exotic cultures of Japan, China, Vietnam, Taiwan, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, South Korea, and more.
Diamond Princess sails out of Japan in search of fall colours around Honshu, Kyushu, and Shikoku. The ship also sails to Taiwan and the Ryukyu Islands as well as between Singapore and Tokyo over the holidays. A 15-day departure to Hong Kong, Taiwan and beyond is available on January 20, 2019, over Lunar New Year. Sapphire Princess, homeported in Singapore, sails to Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, for the season. The unique chance for the Annular Eclipse departs December 17, 2019.
Itinerary highlights for Asia season 2019-2020 include:
- Two cruise ships, Sapphire Princess and Diamond Princess, both built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in Nagasaki, Japan.
- A choice of 23 itineraries that range in length from 3 to 25 days.
- Calls at 33 destinations in a total of 11 countries with opportunities to experience ten UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- More Ashore late-night stays in 8 ports, including overnight stays in Hong Kong on Japan and Southeast Asia cruises.
In May 2019, Princess Cruises announced company's ever-largest Australia and New Zealand season (October 2020 through May 2021). New for the season, Regal Princess joins sistership Majestic Princess in Australia, thus marking company’s youngest fleet ever deployed in the region. A fleet of 5 Princess liners serves season 2020-2021 with total passenger capacity 220,000+ and 127 departures on 70+ itineraries ranging from 2- to 35-days. Along with Australia New Zealand are visited Fiji, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu and other islands. The season includes 80 destinations in 19 countries and 6 homeports, including:
- Adelaide (new port) and Perth (Fremantle) – Sea Princess
- Brisbane – Sun Princess
- Melbourne – Sapphire Princess
- Sydney and Auckland – Majestic and Regal Princess.
Highlights of 2020-2021 Australia New Zealand season include:
- new 14-day "Eastern and Southern Explorer" cruise roundtrip from Adelaide (Sea Princess) with maiden call to Eden
- on select New Zealand itineraries (beginning November 2020), Regal Princess and Majestic Princess return to Christchurch (Lyttelton)
- the season offers late-night departures from 14 port cities, including Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth
- access to 14x UNESCO Sites, including Sydney Opera House, Fiordland Park, Greater Blue Mountains
- 2 cruisetour options combining a multi-night land tour with ship cruise vacation to Great Barrier Reef and Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock).
2019 Summer Destinations
A new booking offer by Princess on 2019 summer itineraries to some of the most popular destinations in the world, including the Caribbean, Alaska, Europe, and Japan, offers up to US$1,000 free onboard spending money per stateroom with line's Landmark Sale. In addition, passengers book with 10% refundable deposit during the sale.
In Alaska passengers enjoy the Great Land with the North to Alaska program, offering opportunities to celebrate like a local, eat like a local and learn from locals like Libby Riddles, the first woman to win Iditarod. The summer festival season in Japan is not to be missed, and Princess brings vacationers to the celebration with the Nebuta (drowsiness) festival to wake the sleepy soul. Landmarks visited include Osaka Castle, Kinkaku-Ji temple, Itsukushima Shrine and more. The Rhythm of the Caribbean is an onboard program immersing passengers in the destination with authentic music, food, and activities of the region. The landmarks the Caribbean is famous for, such as the UNESCO World Heritage site Willemstad, Trunk Bay on St. John Island, or Tulum Ruins from Cozumel, are also included. Passengers also sail to the most revered landmarks in Europe, visiting sites like the Eiffel Tower, Coliseum, Blarney Castle and Berlin Wall.
Examples of Landmark Sale deals include:
- 7-day Alaska Voyage of the Glaciers from US$799 and up to US$250 free onboard credit per person
- 12-day Alaska Cruisetour from US$1,799 and up to US$250 free onboard credit per person
- 7-day Mediterranean cruise from US$1,299 and up to US$250 free onboard credit per person
- 12-day British Isles cruise from US$2,099 and up to US$500 free onboard credit per person
- 11-day Scandinavia and Russia cruise from US$2,099 and up to US$500 free onboard credit per person
- 11-day Circle Japan cruise from US$1,249 interior and up to US$500 free onboard credit per person
- 7-day Caribbean cruise from US$799 interior and up to US$250 free onboard credit per person.
The Landmark Sale of Princess Cruises is available to residents of Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Princess Cruises South America Itineraries 2019-2020
Princess Cruises fall 2019-spring 2020 season includes 14 departures with itineraries sailing to Antarctica. As part of the new lineup, a 58-day South America cruise circumnavigates the continent and provides the opportunity to visit Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Iguazu Falls, Patagonia, Rio’s Carnival and more. Island Princess and Coral Princess cover the entire continent for 2019-2020 season, featuring 3 departures to the Antarctic Peninsula aboard Coral Princess on Dec 20, 2019; Jan 5 and 21, 2020.
Itinerary highlights for 2019-2020 South America season include:
- 2 ships: Island Princess and maiden season to South America for Coral Princess.
- 3 departures on Coral Princess between Santiago and Buenos Aires including scenic cruising of Antarctica Peninsula.
- A total of 14 departures, calling at 31 destinations in 18 different countries departing from Fort Lauderdale, Buenos Aires or Santiago between December 2019-March 2020.
- 9 itineraries, ranging in length between 14-58 days.
- Overnights in Lima, Buenos Aires, and Rio de Janeiro.
- Opportunities to visit 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Princess Cruises Caribbean Itineraries 2019-2020-2021
Princess Cruises passengers sailing to the Caribbean enjoy a variety of itineraries to all 3 sought-after regions – Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean. The fall 2019-spring 2020 program features the maiden season of line's Sky Princess, debuting December 2019 on a 3-day inaugural cruise, followed by 7-day Eastern and Western Caribbean trips.
The 4th Royal-Class ship of Princess Cruises, Sky Princess, sets sail from Fort Lauderdale FL on a 3-day, roundtrip voyage departing December 4, 2019, and visiting Princess Cays, one of the top cruise line private islands in the Bahamas. The vessel then sails on alternating 7-day Eastern and Western Caribbean roundtrip itineraries from Fort Lauderdale between December 7, 2019-April 4, 2020. These cruises offer late-night stays, during every visit to Saint Thomas and Cozumel so passengers can enjoy more time in popular destinations.
Onboard, guests can celebrate the unique cultures of the islands with line's Rhythm of the Caribbean program and can immerse themselves one-of-a-kind activities: from local crafts and music to meet "Parrots in the Piazza" and presentations from local experts including treasure hunters and shark divers.
Itinerary highlights for the 2019-2020 Caribbean season include:
- 5 ships offering 10 itineraries and a total of 119 departures onboard Crown Princess, Caribbean Princess, Regal Princess, Pacific Princess, and the new Sky Princess.
- More destination-rich and longer itineraries to the Southern Caribbean aboard Crown Princess and Caribbean Princess, featuring 10- or 14-day trips.
- Regal Princess also sails on 7-day Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale with "More Ashore" stays in Saint Thomas and Cozumel.
- Princess Cruises visits a total of 25 Caribbean islands and 6 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, such as Antigua Naval Dockyard, Belize Barrier Reef System and related archaeological sites
- Visits to Princess Cays on every 7-day Eastern Caribbean itinerary, and select Western and 10-day Southern Caribbean cruises.
- A unique 2-week holiday cruise onboard Pacific Princess, for the first time visiting the Southern Caribbean island of Mayreau.
Princess Cruises' fall 2020-spring 2021 season opened for sale on May 9, 2019. A total of 5 ships offer a choice of 127 departures on 15 itineraries, ranging in length from 4 to 20 days, taking travellers to 24 destinations in 20 different countries in the Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean. Crown Princess, Caribbean Princess, Sky Princess, and Enchanted Princess, are Princess MedallionClass ships. Powered by the advanced wearable device OceanMedallion, these ships deliver a personalized vacation that provides more time to enjoy cruising. Each ship also features the best Wi-Fi at sea MedallionNet, offering fast, affordable, and unlimited internet service to post photos, stream shows, and video chat.
Enchanted Princess is due to make her North American debut in Fort Lauderdale FL on November 21, 2020, cruising on 21 alternating 7-day Eastern and Western Caribbean voyages through April 10, 2021. The launching in October 2019 Sky Princess will sail for the first time on the line's popular 10-day Southern Caribbean Voyager itinerary, that can be combined for a 20-day Caribbean Explorer trip. Passengers can choose from 17 Sky Princess cruises from November 5, 2020, through March 30, 2021.
Itinerary highlights for fall 2020-spring 2021 Caribbean season include:
- All 7-day Eastern Caribbean voyages offered onboard Enchanted Princess and Caribbean Princess, depart on either Saturday or Sunday and call at Saint Thomas, Saint Maarten and Princess Cays.
- All 7-day Enchanted Princess and Caribbean Princess Western Caribbean voyages leave on either Saturday or Sunday and call at Cozumel and Grand Cayman, with options including Costa Maya, Roatan or Belize City or Princess Cays and Jamaica.
- Longer itineraries to the Southern Caribbean on Island Princess and Crown Princess feature 14-day voyages with ports of call in Antigua, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Vincent, Trinidad, Aruba, Curacao or Bonaire.
- Princess Cruises visits a number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, such as the Belize Barrier Reef System, historical Bridgetown in Barbados, and The Pitons Volcanic Spires in St. Lucia.
- Visits to Princess Cays on all 7-day sailings feature MedallionNet on the island in order to stay connected.
- Holiday journeys are offered over Christmas and New Year on 4 ships: Enchanted Princess, Island Princess, Sky Princess, and Caribbean Princess.
- Five ports feature late-night calls, including Saint Thomas, Saint Maarten, Cozumel, Curacao, and Aruba.
Princess Cruises Panama Canal Cruises
Princess was the first line to take cruise passengers through Panama Canal locks back in 1967. Caribbean Princess was the first big cruise ship to sail through the brand new Agua Clara locks in 2017.
The upcoming Princess Cruises fall 2019-spring 2020 season offers the cruise line's biggest deployment ever to Panama Canal, featuring Emerald Princess' maiden season sailing through the new locks. Back in 1967, Princess was the first cruise company to sail through the locks of the canal, and now it carries more passengers across it than any other company.
Emerald Princess is the cruise line's 2nd Neo-Panamax vessel, after Caribbean Princess, to be refurbished during a scheduled drydock in spring 2019. The cruiser is to traverse the brand new Agua Clara locks on the canal's Atlantic side as well as the Pacific Side's Cocoli Locks, which opened in June 2016, as part of a 10-year, US$5.4 billion "Neo-Panamax" expansion.
Princess Cruises 2019-2020 line-up features 5 ships, with 10- to 21-day itineraries, also visiting culturally rich ports in Mexico, Caribbean, Central, and South America. Each Princess transit of the Panama Canal features live narration from the bridge with a glimpse into the history and a day of scenic sailing through Gatun Lake. Beyond Panama Canal, passengers will enjoy the diversity of cultures in Central and South America, the wildlife and rainforests of Panama and Costa Rica, along with some of the top-rated Caribbean beaches.
Program highlights for Panama Canal 2019-2020 season include:
- 5 ships offering 6 itineraries and a total of 36 departures onboard Coral Princess, Caribbean Princess, Emerald Princess, Pacific Princess, and Island Princess.
- 6 unique itineraries from 4 departure ports – Fort Lauderdale, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Vancouver.
- Calls at 24 destinations in 12 different countries, including 8 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, like Cartagena's walled Old City.
- 21 transits through the old locks on Island, Pacific and Coral Princess and 15 through the new locks on Emerald and Caribbean Princess.
- Shore excursion offerings including Animal Planet Exclusive tour of Sloth Sanctuary of Costa Rica, where passengers may meet sloth superstars featured on Animal Planet.
For the 2020-2021 cruise season, 5 Princess ships sail the Panama Canal waters, with 30 departures and 9 unique itineraries, offering 3 ways to experience the destination: roundtrip from Los Angeles, roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, or sailing between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Cruises range between 10-21 days and visit 23 destinations in a total of 11 countries. New for the season, a couple of 15-day ocean-to-ocean itineraries are offered sailing between Fort Lauderdale and the new homeport of San Diego. Crown Princess offers 10-day voyages roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale.
Highlights of the Panama Canal September 2020-April 2021 season include:
- 5 ships: Coral Princess, Crown Princess, Emerald Princess, Island Princess, Pacific Princess.
- 4 homeports: Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego.
- Sailing to the Panama Canal through Agua Clara Locks, Emerald Princess and Crown Princess offer partial Panama Canal transits from the Atlantic roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale with Caribbean and Costa Rica voyages.
- Emerald Princess and Coral Princess sail full transit 15-day voyages between Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles. Emerald Princess offers departures between Fort Lauderdale and San Diego or San Francisco.
- Island Princess offers a couple of 14-day Panama Canal itineraries as part of her 2021 World Cruise.
- Pacific Princess is due to sail on a 15-day Panama Canal Connoisseur cruise from Fort Lauderdale to LA for a small ship transit through the Panama Canal traditional locks.
- Coral Princess offers a 19-day Panama Canal Pacific Adventure itinerary, roundtrip from Los Angeles.
Princess Cruises related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Kenya is currently eyeing to become the 2nd major destination for cruise liners in Africa (after Egypt) following the search for new deals during the...May 16, 2019
Five people are dead and one person is missing, with ten others currently in hospital after two floatplanes collided and went down in the water close...May 14, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises recently announced its most robust deployment ever for the 2020-2021 season, visiting Mexico, Hawaii, and California Coast...May 13, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises announced that its largest Australia & New Zealand season ever offered sailing to some of the most dramatic destinations in the...May 11, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Additional 6 Princess Cruises ships will offer the MedallionClass Vacations of Princess next year, the first time the cruise line is sailing to...May 8, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises 50th year in Alaska began recently with the arrival of Ruby Princess in Ketchikan and Juneau. During the summer, 7 Princess ships...May 6, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises passengers sailing to the Caribbean or the Panama Canal now have a wealth of itineraries and ships to choose from with the...May 5, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises announced it is raising the cost of daily gratuities, the sum of money based on the service provided by staff members, charged...May 1, 2019
- Cruise Industry
In 2020, Princess Cruises passengers will enjoy the islands of French Polynesia when the cruise company returns to Tahiti with Pacific Princess...April 16, 2019
- Cruise Industry
The newest and largest cruise ship in Princess Cruises fleet deployed on the US West Coast - Royal Princess, offers passengers an...April 7, 2019
- show more news