Coral Princess Review and Specifications
Specifications of Coral Princess
|Year built||2002 / Age : 16|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 330 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||91627 gt|
|Passengers||2000 - 2400|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Christened by||Mireya Moscoso|
Current itinerary of Coral Princess
Coral Princess current cruise is 60 days, round-trip Circle North Pacific. The itinerary starts on 19 Sep, 2018 and ends on 18 Nov, 2018.
Review of Coral Princess
Launched in 2002, Coral Princess is the first of the two Coral-class Princess ships, together with Island Princess.
History - construction and ownership
Princess Cruises is an US cruise company headquartered in Beverly Hills CA. A former subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises (founded 1977), in 2003, the company merged with Carnival Corporation - world's largest passenger shipping company. Among Princess Cruises assets is the Caribbean private island resort Princess Cays (on Bahamas Eleuthera Island's southern end), located approx 80 km (50 ml) Nassau.
The 91,627-ton, 1,974-passenger cruise ship Coral Princess, together with sister ship Island Princess, is an aberration for Princess Cruises. The line launched only two cruise vesseles of this size before joining the rest of industry in building ever-more-massive ships (like those in the Grand class). Not part of either the group of biggest-in-fleet ships or the mid-sized Sun class vessels, Coral Princess falls somewhere in the middle and in many ways, it represents the best of both. Coral Princess mixes the exotic (international crew members, stylish Italian dining venues, celebrity-style spa treatments) and the familiar (cruising's ubiquitous buffets, poolside umbrella drinks, cocktails and bingo).
Cruise itinerary program
Coral Princess itinerary program is based on Panama Canal cruises and Alaska sailings during the summer months.
Most Coral Princess staterooms are 170-sq.foot balcony rooms (581). Almost 80% of ship's outside accommodations have private balcony views. There are a total of 1000 staterooms in 34 categories. 20 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Coral Princess are the Balcony Suites (470 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The two main restaurants onboard Coral Princess serve up traditional 5-course evening meals. The line offers set seating at 6 and 8:15 p.m. in the Bordeaux and flexible anytime dining in the Provence Restaurant. The menus in both venues are the same with favorites, such as Executive Chef Martial Diffor's fettuccine alfredo, beef wellington, deep-sea cod in coriander butter sauce, twin broiled lobster tail. All meals are prepared to order. Menus in the main restaurants also offer vegetarian choices and Lotus Spa innovative dishes, with healthier options like chilled yogurt and tamarind soup with grated lemon zest, filet of baby turbot with fennel pernod sauce and tropical fruit smoothie with lime. Guests who prefer more formal fare can choose the sit-down service in the Bordeaux dining room for breakfast and lunch.
Follows the complete list of Coral Princess restaurants and food bars.
- Bordeaux Restaurant (ship's forward Dining Room; dinner only)
- Provence Restaurant (ship's forward Dining Room for Breakfast 7-9 a.m., Lunch 12-1:30 p.m., Afternoon Tea 3:30-4:30 p.m.; features “Anytime Dining” for Dinner between 5:30-8 p.m. or 8-10 p.m. and "Chef's Table" private dining)
- Sabatini’s Restaurant (Italian specialty restaurant; reservations recommended)
- Bayou Cafe & Steakhouse (specialty restaurant)
- The Bar & Grill (complimentary fast food)
- Horizon Court (self service buffet restaurant, complimentary).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
On either side of the Fiesta and Promenade Decks are the two grandest venues of Coral Princess: Princess Theater and Universe Lounge. Tucked between the two are the majority of lounges and bars, including the clubby Explorers Lounge, the Wheelhouse Bar which is more sedate, the retro Crooners martini bar, Churchill's cigar lounge and the casino, with its various table games like blackjack, poker, roulette and state-of-the-art slots. By day, ScholarShip@Sea program focuses on enrichment with a wide range of programming. There are dance classes, lectures on bridge and fashion, computer instruction. When Coral Princess gets to the Panama Canal, passengers are provided with a lecture about canal's history and how it works.
Follows the complete list of Coral Princess lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Piazza Atrium (3-deck open floor area; features live performances entertainment and lobby Bar Piazza)
- La Patisserie Bar (specialty coffee bar)
- Princess Fine Arts Gallery; Photo Gallery & Shop; Photo Kiosk; Platinum Studio
- International Cafe (24-hour specialty coffee bar and patisserie)
- Library (with Internet stations); Internet Cafe (24-hour); Card Room
- Princess Coral Theatre (2-level musical and show productions; hosts workshops, seminars, gameshows)
- The Universe Lounge (2-level second show lounge, also used for dance lessons)
- Churchill Lounge & Bar (smoking lounge and sports bar)
- Calypso Cove Shop; Essence Shop; Meridian Bay Shop; Facets Shop
- Princess Coral Casino
- Crooners Lounge & Bar (live music; also used for seminars)
- Explorers Lounge & Bar (disco/show lounge; hosts karaoke, comedy, game shows and art auctions)
- Wheelhouse Bar (piano bar during the day and an English pub nightly)
- Wedding Chapel
- Coral’s Lotus Spa complex; Beauty Salon; Fitness Center (with Aerobics Studio)
- Movies Under the Stars (LED screen outdoor cinema)
- Video Games Arcade; Teen Center; Youth Center with Paddling Pool and outdoor playing areas
- The Sanctuary (adult-only open air area)
- Lido Pool area; Lotus Pool area
- Central Court (volleyball, basketball, European football); Shuffleboard; Deck Chess; Princess Links mini golf course.
Coral Princess wiki
- The Princess Island ship is the first of the line's 2 Coral-class series ships. Her sister is Island Princess.
- The construction of Coral Princess was finished in 2002 and christening ceremony was held on January 18, 2003. The godmother of the ship was Mireya Moscoso, president of Panama.
- The Princess Coral ship has environmentally friendly engines - more silent, less vibrating and with low emissions and increased oil efficiency. The engines are mounted in the funnel of the ship providing the area for a variety of public places and facilities.
- During summer, the ship offers 7-day Alaskan itineraries from Vancouver Canada to Whittier Alaska. Being one of the "Princess Panama Canal cruise ships", Coral Princess spends autumn, winter and spring on transition cruises through Panama Canal. The ship offers 10-days or 2-week itineraries visiting ports in Aruba, Costa Rica, Colombia, Mexico Riviera. The two Princess ships Coral and Island are the only Panamax vessels in the fleet. Panamax ships cover all standards for transiting through Panama Canal.
- In 2017, Coral Princess ship made its maiden season of Panama Canal cruises through the new locks (inaugurated on June 26, 2016).
Coral Princess - user reviews and comments
Photos of Coral PrincessAdd Photo
Coral Princess ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises launched a 60-day cruise from Los Angeles to Shanghai and return which includes visits to 22 destinations. The voyage onboard Coral...May 20, 2018
The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) had to medevac 2 passengers from a cruise ship on Tuesday evening, November 21. According to a news release by the Coast...November 22, 2017
A suspected norovirus outbreak was implicated in gastrointestinal illness outbreak onboard Princess Cruises’ Coral Princess ship...March 21, 2017
A 79-year-old woman from Ontario Canada got lost on a solo hike close to an Alaska glacier and had to spend a night in the forest with no camping...August 6, 2016
- show more news
Other Princess Cruises cruise ships
Coral Princess Itineraries
The below listed Coral Princess cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Princess Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Sep 19||60 days, round-trip Circle North Pacific||Los Angeles|
|2018 Oct 18||31 days, one-way from Shanghai to Los Angeles||Shanghai|
|2018 Nov 18||19 days, round-trip Panama Canal Pacific Adventure||Los Angeles||$1548|
|2018 Dec 07||15 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale||Los Angeles||$1298|
|2018 Dec 22||15 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles||Fort Lauderdale||$1798|
|2019 Jan 06||15 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale||Los Angeles||$2318|
|2019 Jan 31||15 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco||Fort Lauderdale||$1899|
|2019 Feb 15||15 days, one-way from San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale||San Francisco||$1899|
|2019 Mar 02||15 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles||Fort Lauderdale||$1649|
|2019 Mar 17||19 days, round-trip Panama Canal Pacific Adventure||Los Angeles||$1999|
|2019 Apr 05||15 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale||Los Angeles||$1499|
|2019 Apr 20||18 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver||Fort Lauderdale||$2077|
|2019 Apr 20||15 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles||Fort Lauderdale||$1549|
|2019 May 05||3 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Vancouver||Los Angeles||$299|
|2019 May 08||7 days, round-trip Inside Passage (with Glacier Bay National Park)||Vancouver||$1179|
|2019 May 15||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier||Vancouver||$749|
|2019 May 22||7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver||Whittier||$979|
|2019 May 29||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier||Vancouver||$829|
|2019 Jun 05||7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver||Whittier||$1079|
|2019 Jun 12||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier||Vancouver||$1079|
|2019 Jun 19||7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver||Whittier||$1129|
|2019 Jun 26||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier||Vancouver||$1109|
|2019 Jul 03||7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver||Whittier||$1029|
|2019 Jul 10||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier||Vancouver||$979|
|2019 Jul 17||7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver||Whittier||$1089|
|2019 Jul 24||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier||Vancouver||$1139|
|2019 Jul 31||7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver||Whittier||$919|
|2019 Aug 07||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier||Vancouver||$979|
|2019 Aug 14||7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver||Whittier||$1019|
|2019 Aug 21||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier||Vancouver||$839|
|2019 Aug 28||7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver||Whittier||$879|
|2019 Sep 04||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier||Vancouver||$829|
|2019 Sep 11||7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver||Whittier||$979|
|2019 Sep 18||7 days, round-trip Inside Passage (with Glacier Bay National Park)||Vancouver||$1209|
|2019 Sep 25||4 days, one-way from Vancouver to Los Angeles||Vancouver||$299|
|2019 Sep 29||19 days, round-trip Panama Canal Pacific Adventure||Los Angeles||$2209|
|2019 Oct 18||15 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale||Los Angeles||$2149|
|2019 Nov 02||15 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco||Fort Lauderdale||$1949|
|2019 Nov 17||15 days, one-way from San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale||San Francisco||$1849|
|2019 Dec 02||34 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to San Antonio||Fort Lauderdale||$5239|
|2019 Dec 02||18 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires||Fort Lauderdale||$2329|
|2019 Dec 20||16 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to San Antonio||Buenos Aires||$3759|
|2020 Jan 05||16 days, one-way from San Antonio to Buenos Aires||San Antonio||$3659|
|2020 Jan 21||16 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to San Antonio||Buenos Aires||$4659|
|2020 Feb 06||14 days, one-way from San Antonio to Buenos Aires||San Antonio||$2159|
|2020 Feb 20||14 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to San Antonio||Buenos Aires||$2159|
|2020 Mar 05||32 days, one-way from San Antonio to Fort Lauderdale||San Antonio||$4319|
|2020 Mar 05||14 days, one-way from San Antonio to Buenos Aires||San Antonio||$2159|
|2020 Mar 19||18 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Fort Lauderdale||Buenos Aires||$2379|
|2020 Apr 06||15 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles||Fort Lauderdale||$2249|
|2020 Apr 21||19 days, round-trip Panama Canal Pacific Adventure||Los Angeles||$2389|
|2020 May 10||3 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Vancouver||Los Angeles||$249|