Celebrity Cruises fleet
Review of Celebrity Cruises
Celebrity Cruises is the second largest (by fleet) brand in the RCCL (Royal Caribbean) group of companies. Established in 1997, the Celebrity cruise line brand represents one of the best "luxury ship travel" companies for adults, as well as a signature operator of regularly scheduled Panama Canal transition itineraries and one of the top 3 Alaskan cruise lines.
Celebrity is a medium priced luxury cruise company, which travel vacation package product is associated with top-hotel amenities, premium services, sophistication, style, elegance, technology innovations. Celebrity cruise liners offer impeccable service and exquisite cuisine, appealing to moderately affluent, well-educated travelers (mostly adults in their 40s). Celebrity offers "Family Cruises" during holidays (particularly on voyages from the USA to Caribbean and Bermuda) and "Seniors Cruises" (on European and South American itineraries). The letter "X" on ships' funnels stands for the name "Chandris" (in Greek "Xandris").
The company was founded in 1988 as part of Chandris Group (Athens Greece-based marine corporation, now Chandris Hellas Inc) - shipowner and vessel management. Before Celebrity, Chandris Group operated the cruise brands "Chandris Line" (1960-1974, ocean liner crossings between Greece and Australia), "Chandris Cruises" (1974-1996, Mediterranean itineraries from Greece) and "Chandris Fantasy Cruises (1985--1996, North American itineraries). Chandris' brand "Celebrity Cruises" started with cheap voyages offered on second-hand ships, to become one of industry's most prominent premium "affordable luxury" ship travel brands. Company's current President and CEO is Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.
The following table shows statistical data about Celebrity's market share (as fleet and passenger capacity / ship-berth numbers) in comparison to other major cruise companies.
|Parent Company||Subsidiaries||Fleets (vessels per brand)||Passenger Capacity (berths per brand)|
|Carnival Corp||Holland America||15||25900|
|Carnival Corp||P&O UK||8||18600|
|Carnival Corp||P&O Australia||5||8200|
|Carnival Corp||TOTAL||103 ships||233,200 berths|
|RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd)||RCI (Royal Caribbean International)||26||84,700|
|RCCL||TOTAL||64 ships||141400 berths|
|NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd)||NCL (Norwegian Cruise Lines)||16||46600|
|NCLH||TOTAL||26 ships||54400 berths|
|(other large brands)|
3- Star Cruises (GHK)
4- Dream Cruises (GHK)
6- Viking Ocean
Celebrity entered the luxury cruising marked with roundtrips from USA to Bermuda, acquiring more and newer liners. As brand of RCCL, Celebrity has 5 sister companies - Royal Caribbean International, Azamara, Pullmantur (Spain), Marella (UK) and TUI (Germany). Company's headquarters address is "Celebrity Cruises, 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami FL, 33132-2096 USA".
The company attracts a diverse passenger base, targeting mainly baby boomers and their families, honeymooners, and seniors. In addition to US customers, it also draws travelers from Europe, Canada, South America. Longer itineraries tend to attract older travelers. Week-long roundtrips in Alaska and Caribbean attract more families. To appeal to multi-generational groups, company's family programs were expanded to include dedicated, well-trained staff serving shipboard kids and teen centers with enrichment and educational activities.
On October 4, 2018, was launched "Celebrity Central" (website for travel agents). It has 6 sections (news, marketing, and sales, learning and training) and is accessed via personalized log-ins. It combines AirWaves, CruisingPower, company's sales and marketing toolkit (Rewards, Digital Library) and Celebrity Passport (e-learning resource). Celebrity Central has a search bar and tags for popular terms and topics.
The following YouTube video (official release) reviews company's newest vessel Celebrity Edge and all its unique features. From the EDGE series are to be built 4 more liners - Celebrity Apex (2020) and 3 more (unnamed) with scheduled deliveries in 2021, 2022 and 2024.
On April 11, 2019, the shipowner RCCL signed a MoU agreement with Chantiers de l'Atlantique Shipyard (St Nazaire, France) to order a 5th Edge-Class vessel, with scheduled delivery in 2024-Q3.
In February 2014, Celebrity Cruises announced it would add "The Suite Class" to its cruise ships. Suite Class passengers have their own private restaurant and VIP lounge. Key features on Solstice Class ships include the Lawn Club, which is a freshly manicured lawn on ship's highest deck. Passengers enjoy casual outdoor activities, country-club atmosphere, and grass between their toes. They can watch a glass-blowing demonstration on Equinox, Eclipse, and Solstice, or a meal in the Lawn Club Grill. Celebrity ships also have Cellar Masters, inspired by the Napa Valley vineyards, which brings to life a global wine cruise tour experience, while guests learn about and taste a variety of premium wines from around the world.
In March 2016, Celebrity Cruises acquired the two-ship company "Ocean Adventures". The purchase of 16-passenger catamaran Athala II (Celebrity Xploration) and 48-passenger yacht Eclipse (Celebrity Xperience) increased Celebrity Cruises Galapagos capacity by 65%. The two boats joined Celebrity's fleet in spring 2016 but started regular operations following extensive drydocks in January 2017.
Since March 2018, RCCL offers one login for RCI and Celebrity Cruises websites and mobile apps. The new policy allows one account to be used for loyalty program benefits, bookings, and reservations with both brands. The account security was also simplified and strengthened to ensure customers' personal data.
Celebrity brand's cruising experience
- Accommodations: some of the largest cruise suites (all served by butlers). Luxurious "ConciergeClass" staterooms, attentive highly personalized impeccable service; and enjoying seating preference, priority check-in. 2:1 guest-to-staff ratio
- Dining: award-winning cuisine, excellent alternate dining venues. Celebrity's "Gourmet Bites" every afternoon, themed lunch buffets. Culinary demonstrations. The line has partnered with "Elizabeth Blau and Associates", as to menu and wine selections, and all the standards of serving.
- Facilities: the largest cruise ship spa and gym facilities at sea ("AquaSpa by Elemis" - world-class beauty salon, spa treatments and fitness programs). "Celebrity Theatre" for Broadway-style productions, huge European-style casinos, bingo, themed bars, and lounges, including a European style disco, large pools, poolside recreation programs (massages, yoga), onboard boutique shopping.
- Enrichment: "Celebrity Lecture Series". Rich contemporary art collections. Art auctions, and enhanced golf program.
- "Celebrity Escape" concept (reserved exclusively for adults ages 21 and older) offers complimentary classes, workshops, themed events, fashion shows, deck parties, etc.
- By the "Family Cruising Program", on all voyages are offered complimentary games, parties, educational and fun activities, history and sea life explorations, dedicated/exclusive pools and discos for teens.
Via partnership with CG Technology (fka Cantor Gaming), Celebrity Cruises introduced industry's first casino gaming mobile app. Passengers download the free app (Cantor Mobile Casino) via ship's WiFi network to Android or Apple phones/tablets. The app allows them to play slots, video poker, and table games anywhere on the ship. At the ship's casino lounge passengers can play (for real) games like roulette, poker (plus Texas Hold 'Em) and blackjack. Some ships have Let It Ride and baccarat available upon request. All ships have at least 1 poker table in the casino and host tournaments during the voyage.
Since 2013, the company has been partnered with "Top Chef" (US reality competition TV series). In late 2014, both companies started the exclusive "Top Chef at Sea" cruising experience. By this onboard culinary program, fans and foodies have the opportunity to travel with a lineup of celebrity chefs on food-themed "Top Chef Signature Sailing" each year. Celebrity also offers an interactive "Quickfire Challenges" and "Top Chef"-inspired menu evenings fleetwide on cruises 5-nights or longer (excluding Galapagos Islands).
In 2017, Celebrity Cruises partnered with Bravo Media for a new cooking video series - "Isaac Takes On". This digital show follows Top Chef's Isaac Toups as he cruises around the Caribbean on the ship Celebrity Reflection, competing against passengers in a variety of culinary challenges. The ship has its own Michelin-star chef - Cornelius Gallagher, who also makes appearances throughout the series.
In February 2019, Celebrity Cruises announced two new (exclusive) partnerships - with Daniel Boulud (Michelin-starred Chef) and with ABT-American Ballet Theatre (NYC-based, 1939-founded classical ballet company). Both partnerships created unique onboard culinary and entertainment experiences fleetwide.
- The Celebrity-ABT partnership allows passengers (on selected ships) to enjoy ballet shows by guest performers and to join the dancers for seminars and ballet classes.
- Chef Daniel Boulud is the founder of a global restaurant group which includes 7 NYC restaurants plus 6 in other (national and international) destinations. As Celebrity's Global Culinary Brand Ambassador, he designs signature dishes for Luminae (exclusive / Suite-only restaurant). Celebrity also introduced "Chef's Table by Daniel Boulud" - a private galley/kitchen tour and 5-course VIP dining package.
The new experiences were introduced in 2019, starting with the liners Summit, Equinox and Millennium.
In December 2019, the company signed an exclusive partnership with OneSpaWorld Holdings Ltd (Bahamas-based global provider of health and wellness services and products to cruise ships and land-based resorts). The partnership starts in May 2020 and is fleetwide (including the newbuilds under construction).
"Celebrity Revolution" fleetwide refurbishments
In July 2018, the company announced a USD 500 million fleet modernization (drydock refurbishment) program dubbed "Celebrity Revolution". The project is scheduled for February 2019 through February 2023.
- Fleetwide renovations include all staterooms and public spaces on 9 liners to bring their onboard amenities and services up to the standards of Edge-class ships. For staterooms were contracted HBA (Hirsch Bedner Associates / US-based hospitality interior design company) and Kelly Hoppen (UK-based interior designer).
- All staterooms will be upgraded with eXhale bedding sets (premium cashmere mattresses) and high-tech amenities (RFID locks, Bluetooth, Xcelerate / Wi-Fi Internet).
- Renovated Celebrity cruise ships will have "The Retreat" (adults-only sundeck) with full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi whirlpool, private cabanas, padded loungers, poolside bar service (food and drinks).
- Luminae Restaurant (Suites-only) will be redesigned and will be introduced new (custom-made) menus by chef Cornelius Gallagher.
- Qsine Restaurant will be added fleetwide and will offer "Le Petit Chef" (virtual dining-entertainment experience) created by Skullmapping artists and presented by TableMation Studios exclusively for Celebrity Cruises.
- Main Dining Rooms, Oceanview Cafe and Sunset Bar will be redesigned, as well as most public venues. In the SPA will be added expanded SEA Thermal Suite. Retail shops will be expanded with new shopping brands - including Hublot (luxury Swiss watches) and Shinola (luxury watches, jewelry, premium leather goods).
The 4-year fleet refurbishment program starts in February 2019. The current list of scheduled for drydocks Celebrity cruise ships (by the Celebrity Revolution project) is as follows:
- Celebrity Millennium: Feb 9, 2019
- Celebrity Summit: Mar 23, 2019
- Celebrity Equinox: May 25, 2019
- Celebrity Silhouette: Jan 24, 2020
- Celebrity Eclipse: Apr 1, 2020
- Celebrity Constellation: May 1, 2020
- Celebrity Infinity: Nov 14, 2020
- Celebrity Solstice: Oct 1, 2021
- Celebrity Reflection: Feb 2, 2023
(NEW) Celebrity cruise gratuities (2020-2021)
Effective January 6, 2020, company's daily gratuity rates (per person / pp, both adults and kids charged) are new and increased (by ~7%) in comparison to the previous rates.
- Standard cabins daily gratuity was changed from US$14,50 to US$15.50 pp (per day).
- ConciergeClass and AquaClass staterooms daily gratuity was changed from US$15 to US$16 pp (per day).
- Suites daily gratuity was changed from US$18 to US$19 pp (per day).
Daily gratuity is an automatic service charge added to the passenger's onboard account each day. Passengers can prepay gratuities. Daily gratuities are split between the ship's staff (dining, housekeeping, cabin stewards).
In 2018, Celebrity's daily gratuities (pp per day) were USD 13,50 (interior-oceanview-balcony staterooms), USD 14 (Aqua-Class and Concierge-Class) and USD 17 (Suites).
Celebrity cruise ship Room Service
Celebrity Cruises requires a fee of USD 4,95 for ordering items from the cruise ship's room service menu.
- Room Service is operated on each Celebrity cruise vessel and between 11 pm - 6 am.
- Prior to September 2015, the basic room service items delivery to passengers' cabins was complimentary. The exception was for some premium items (like a cheese platter, filet mignon, Caprese salad).
New shipboard Wellness classes
In 2018, Celebrity and Canyon Ranch upgraded fleetwide the onboard fitness program by adding more (to a total of 20) fitness classes and wellness seminars for passengers. Of all classes, 6 are based on different exercise groups - Acupuncture (Pain Relief), Conditioning (Pilates), Longevity, Mindfulness (Spiritual Cycling), Nutrition (Detox 101), Sweat (Tabata).
Among the new wellness offerings are:
- "Acupuncture for Pain Relief" revives energy levels, treats pain and digestive discomfort, de-stresses, aids a healthy sleep.
- "Pilates to the Beat" is a mat class choreographed with upbeat songs.
- "Age-Defying Technology" reviews the latest technologies, wellness products and services that help anti-aging.
- "Spiritual Cycling" Incorporates mind and energy awareness while cycling to musical beats.
- "Detox 101: Weight Loss and More" reviews the most effective detox foods and how they promote weight loss.
- "Tabata Impact" is a Japanese intense and fast full-body workout offering best cardio and training techniques.
Itinerary of Celebrity Cruises
Celebrity Cruise destinations include Alaska, Hawaii, Bermuda, Canada, Bahamas, Caribbean (all, but mostly Southern), Mexico, Panama Canal, South America, Australia New Zealand, Northern Europe from the UK, Eastern and Western Mediterranean.
The Celebrity line owns one of the youngest and most innovative fleets. They all are Malta-flagged, with the exception of the Galapagos Islands fleet (flagged Ecuador).
New to the Signature Event Sailings of the brand is the Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival in Taipei, Taiwan. It is available over the Chinese New Year on a cruise onboard Celebrity Millennium.
Celebrity Cruises Deployment 2020-2021
During summer season 2020-2021, Celebrity Eclipse is to be homeported in Melbourne Australia, for roundtrips between December 23 (2020) and April 4 (2021). Australian itineraries (7 roundtrips) are 7- and 14-days in length and visit port destinations in South Pacific, Queensland, Tasmania, South Australia, New Zealand. The inaugural Australian season ends on April 4 (2021) with a 20-day repositioning cruise from Melbourne to Honolulu Hawaii.
Celebrity's 2020 European season features 4 longer itineraries on the company's newest liner - Apex. The new itineraries include three 10- and 11-night Eastern Mediterranean roundtrips plus one 11-night Western Mediterranean.
- Two 11-night "Greece, Malta and Turkey" voyages from homeport Civitavecchia-Rome visit Istanbul, Kusadasi, Santorini Island, Mykonos Island, Athens, Valletta Malta, and Barcelona. The 10-night "Greece, Malta and Turkey" itinerary visits Barcelona, Crete, Santorini, Mykonos, Kusadasi, Athens, Naples, Rome.
- The 11-night "Spain, France and Italian Riviera" roundtrip from Barcelona visits Marseille, Monte Carlo, Nice, Santa Margherita, Rome, Naples, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia.
- After the inauguration in Southampton, Apex starts a mini-season of 5 European itineraries (Norwegian Fjords and Iberia). The 10-night "Baltic Capitals" visits Amsterdam, Oslo, Copenhagen, Paris. Follows a summer Mediterranean season with 7- to 12-night itineraries.
Joining Apex in Europe is the sistership Edge and the newly-refurbished fleetmates Constellation and Silhouette. In addition to the new European itineraries is Trieste Italy, and the first mini-season of voyages from homeport Lisbon Portugal (with included overnights). Country-immersive journeys are being introduced that focus on Greece and Italy, designed to give tourists a greater, in-depth experience.
In 2020, Celebrity returns to Turkey (Istanbul, Kusadasi) and Oslo Norway (with overnights). Overnights are also offered in Dublin Ireland and Reykjavik Iceland. Celebrity’s European itineraries visit 90+ destinations with 48 overnights. Among the new European destinations is also the company's first-ever mini-season from homeport Lisbon, and new ports, including Trieste Italy and Isle of Portland UK. The company returns to Oslo, Agadir, Kusadasi.
- In Europe, Celebrity Edge offers 10- and 11-night itineraries to Trieste and Venice and also sails to the Amalfi Coast and the Greek Islands.
- Silhouette cruises on 7- to 14-night itineraries from homeport Southampton UK to Iceland and Ireland (with overnights in Dublin and Reykjavik), plus a 10-night Baltic Capitals.
- Reflection offers 3 Iceland and Ireland itineraries roundtrip from Dublin in 2020. The new 10-night "Ireland, England and Scotland" cruise includes the first-time call at Portland (Dorset, UK). Reflection also offers roundtrips from Amsterdam with 12-night Baltic itineraries to Russia, Scandinavia, the British Isles. From Rome, Reflection visits Israel and Turkey-Kusadasi.
- In the Mediterranean, Infinity has a mini-season from homeport Lisbon Portugal. The first-time trips visit Iberian ports en-route to Barcelona. Morocco is added to Infinity’s Transatlantic repositioning crossing.
Celebrity’s 2020-2021 season in North America features newly-refurbished liners by the Celebrity Revolution program.
- Summit has a new program that includes 19 destinations in 7 different countries - including Greenland (for the first time). The ship is due to stay for 10+ hours in port at 56 stops, docking in a total of 39 of those cruise ports for 12+ hours.
- Summit's new 10-night itineraries start in the summer from NYC and visit Charleston SC and Bermuda. Another 7-night Bermuda roundtrip stops in Newport RI and circles Liberty Island. In August, Summit offers two Transatlantic cruises (between the USA and Europe) with 14-night itineraries from NYC-Cape Liberty to Dublin Ireland, then Dublin to Boston MA. New destinations include Prins Christian Sund and Qaqortoq. After the summer, the liner homeports in Boston for 12-night "Canada and New England" roundtrips.
- The ships Eclipse, Solstice and Millennium return to visit 12 US and Canada destinations with extended ports stay times. Eclipse offers 7-night, roundtrips from Vancouver and through Inside Passage visiting Icy Strait Point, Juneau, Ketchikan, Hubbard Glacier. Millennium offers two 7-night Alaskan itineraries - one northbound (from Vancouver) and one southbound (from Seward). Both include Inside Passage cruising and visit Icy Strait Point, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Hubbard Glacier. Solstice offers 7-night roundtrips from Seattle and visits Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Inside Passage, Victoria BC, Endicott Arms, Dawes Glacier. Eclipse also explores the North Pacific coast from San Diego CA to Vancouver.
Celebrity Cruises lineup of Caribbean itineraries for 2020 includes 6 ships in the region: the newbuild Celebrity Edge, as well as Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Reflection, Celebrity Summit, and Celebrity Silhouette.
- The new Celebrity Edge, once again sails on 7-night eastern and western Caribbean itineraries, visiting Tortola, Grand Cayman, St. Maarten, Key West and more. Passengers can book both itineraries back-to-back for a single Caribbean escape.
- Fresh from her multi-million-dollar refit, Celebrity Equinox offers new technology to continue with year-round Caribbean trips. Sailing out of Fort Lauderdale FL, Equinox visits ports like Punta Cana, Grand Cayman, St. Thomas, and more.
- In 2020, Celebrity Infinity continues to sail on 4- and 5-night cruises from Fort Lauderdale FL, with alternating visits to Cozumel-Key West, and Key West-Nassau.
- Celebrity Reflection returns to the Caribbean, offering 10- and 11-night Ultimate Caribbean voyages, visiting a variety of tropical destinations, such as Antigua, Barbados, Aruba, St Lucia, Curacao, Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico, and more.
- Citing popular demand, Celebrity said that Celebrity Silhouette is once again offering 9- and 12-night southern Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale. The 9-night itinerary of the ship visits Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, and Grand Cayman, and is designed specifically to offer passengers a longer vacation while only being away for 5 workdays. The 12-night voyage visits islands in the Lesser Antilles including Barbados, St. Lucia, Grenada, and more.
- Celebrity Summit debuts a new look during the Caribbean season, with completely redesigned cabins. The revitalized ship continues with sailings to Bermuda and the Caribbean. Its 7-night southern Caribbean cruises departing roundtrip from San Juan visit destinations including new itineraries to Bonaire, Curacao, and Aruba, while its 7-night Bermuda getaways give passengers 3 days and 2 nights on the island.
Celebrity Cruises 2021-2022 season of sailings feature 14 cruise ships that are scheduled to visit more than 280 destinations in 75 different countries across all 7 continents. The lineup of destinations is expanding to include 8 new ports of call in 2021-2022: Taranto, Salvador de Bahia, Ilocos, Ishigaki; 3 new ports in Greece - Hydra, Thessaloniki, and Zakynthos; and Kenai Peninsula in Homer, the highlight of a new cruise tour debuting 2021. The new season of Celebrity sailings also features over 125 overnights in more than 30 of the most dynamic places of the world, including a new overnight in Porto and the opportunity to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Montevideo.
- TIME Magazine awarded Celebrity Edgeas one of the "World’s Greatest Places of 2019". The sistership Celebrity Apex is scheduled for inauguration in 2020.
- The modernized Celebrity Solstice is the first Celebrity Solstice-class ship to cruise in Asia.
- Celebrity Eclipse is also returning to the Last Frontier for the first time since her transformation, while Infinity will sail her first Mediterranean season since being refitted from bow to stern.
- Celebrity Millennium operates two new Caribbean itineraries - 10-night Eastern Caribbean, and 4-night short-break (to Key West and Nassau).
Celebrity Cruises Galapagos ships
On March 14, 2016, Celebrity announced its planned acquisition of the leading Galapagos cruise tour operator company "Ocean Adventures". The acquisition includes the two small vessels MV Eclipse (48-passenger) and the catamaran MC Athala II (16-passenger luxury catamaran). After their addition to the 98-passenger MS Xpedition ship, both vessels expanded the company's passenger capacity in the Galápagos Islands destination by 65%. The newly acquired ships joined the fleet in 2016 spring, but until the drydock refurbishments (January 2017) they continued to be operated with the Ocean Adventures amenities and programming.
- Celebrity Xpedition - 90-passenger expedition ship
- Celebrity Xperience (formerly MV Eclipse) - 48-passenger expedition ship
- Celebrity Xploration (formerly MC Athala II) - 16-passenger catamaran
- Celebrity Flora (2019) - 100 passenger newbuild
These vessels operate on Galapagos cruise itineraries (Baltra roundtrips on a year-round schedule).
- The "Southern Loop" itinerary visits the islands Santa Cruz, Santa Fe, San Cristobal, Isabela, Espanola, Rabida, Genovesa, Bartolome.
- The "Northern Loop" itinerary visits the islands Santiago, Bartolome, Isabela, Fernandina, Isabela, Santa Cruz, Genovesa, and on the "Southern Loop" - Rabida, Isabela, Colon, Santa Cruz, Espanola.
With the modernization of Celebrity Xpedition and the launch of the luxury mega yacht Celebrity Flora, 2021 is poised to be line’s best Galapagos season yet, expected to connect guests to the awe-inspiring islands and the wonders found exclusively in the region, such as land and marine iguanas, blue-footed booby, Darwin’s finches.
The all-suite, 100-passenger Celebrity Flora is among the most energy-efficient vessels of her size in the Galapagos Islands. The vessel offers sea-to-shore transportation via the innovative Novurania Yacht Tenders, and cruise industry-first Galapagos Glamping experience. Ship's outward-facing design provides 360-degree views of the islands. Personal suite attendants, expert-led ecological seminars, new dining venues, and an open-air stargazing platform, take Galapagos cruises to new heights.
On Flora, passengers choose from 10-, 11-, and 16-night packages, that feature either pre- or post-cruise expeditions and include one of two 7-night Inner or Outer Loop Itineraries from Baltra.
Following a 7-day “revolutionary” refurbishment in September last year, Celebrity Xpedition debuted with various enhancements, from redecorated staterooms, restaurants and lounges, to faster Wi-Fi.
Celebrity Xpedition offers 10-, 11-, and 16-night packages, that feature either pre- or post-cruise expeditions and include one of two 7-night Inner or Outer Loop Itineraries from Baltra.
Celebrity Cruises related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises named Reshma Saujani as the godmother of Celebrity Apex, the second vessel in the brand’s Edge Series. Saujani is the...January 16, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises is raising its daily gratuity rate effective January 6, next year. Travel partners were informed of the 6.9% increase this week...December 29, 2019
Two cruise passengers have been removed from a Celebrity Cruises ship after docking in Picton, New Zealand, following an onboard assault. NZ police...December 26, 2019
- Cruise Industry
OneSpaWorld Holdings Ltd., pre-eminent global provider of health & wellness services and products onboard cruise ships as well as in destination...December 21, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises unveiled their 2021-2022 season of sailings onboard 14 cruise ships that are scheduled to visit more than 280 destinations in 75...December 13, 2019
On November 5, 2019, at ~11:30 pm, the Galapagos Islands-based cruise ship Celebrity Xpedition carrying 46 passengers ran aground on a sand bar at...November 6, 2019
Two male crew of MS Celebrity Summit have been rescued from the waters of St Lawrence River on Monday, September 30, after they intentionally jumped...October 4, 2019
- Cruise Industry
The world’s oldest travel company, Thomas Cook, ceased trading, causing thousands of pre-booked holidays to be canceled. The company went into...September 24, 2019
- Cruise Industry
HAL-Holland America Line dropped Tampa FL as a homeport in spring 2018. According to Erik Elvejord (company's director of public relations), HAL was...September 17, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises’ 2020 Europe season is expected to be the line’s most “revolutionary” yet. The brand unveiled 4 new longer...August 25, 2019
- show more news