Celebrity Cruises fleet
Review of Celebrity Cruises
Celebrity Cruises is the second largest (by fleet) brand in the RCCL (Royal Caribbean) group of companies. Established in 1997, the Celebrity cruise line brand represents one of the best "luxury ship travel" companies for adults, as well as a signature operator of regularly scheduled Panama Canal transition itineraries and one of the top 3 Alaskan cruise lines.
Celebrity is a medium priced luxury cruise company, which travel vacation package product is associated with top-hotel amenities, premium services, sophistication, style, elegance, technology innovations. Celebrity cruise liners offer impeccable service and exquisite cuisine, appealing to moderately affluent, well-educated travelers (mostly adults in their 40s). Celebrity offers "Family Cruises" during holidays (particularly on voyages from the USA to Caribbean and Bermuda) and "Seniors Cruises" (on European and South American itineraries). The letter "X" on ships' funnels stands for the name "Chandris" (in Greek "Xandris").
The company was founded in 1988 as part of Chandris Group (Athens Greece-based marine corporation, now Chandris Hellas Inc) - shipowner and vessel management. Before Celebrity, Chandris Group operated the cruise brands "Chandris Line" (1960-1974, ocean liner crossings between Greece and Australia), "Chandris Cruises" (1974-1996, Mediterranean itineraries from Greece) and "Chandris Fantasy Cruises (1985--1996, North American itineraries). Chandris' brand "Celebrity Cruises" started with cheap voyages offered on second-hand ships, to become one of industry's most prominent premium "affordable luxury" ship travel brands. Company's current President and CEO is Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.
The following table shows statistical data about Celebrity's market share (as fleet and passenger capacity / ship-berth numbers) in comparison to other major cruise companies.
|Parent Company||Subsidiaries||Fleets (vessels per brand)||Passenger Capacity (berths per brand)|
|Carnival Corp||Holland America||15||25900|
|Carnival Corp||P&O UK||8||18600|
|Carnival Corp||P&O Australia||5||8200|
|Carnival Corp||TOTAL||103 ships||233,200 berths|
|RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd)||RCI (Royal Caribbean International)||26||84,700|
|RCCL||TOTAL||64 ships||141400 berths|
|NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd)||NCL (Norwegian Cruise Lines)||16||46600|
|NCLH||TOTAL||26 ships||54400 berths|
|(other large brands)|
3- Star Cruises (GHK)
4- Dream Cruises (GHK)
6- Viking Ocean
Celebrity entered the luxury cruising marked with roundtrip voyages from USA to Bermuda, acquiring more and newer liners. As brand of RCCL, Celebrity has 5 sister companies - Royal Caribbean International, Azamara, Pullmantur (Spain), Marella (UK) and TUI (Germany). Company's headquarters address is "Celebrity Cruises, 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami FL, 33132-2096 USA".
The company attracts a diverse passenger base, targeting mainly baby boomers and their families, honeymooners, and seniors. In addition to US customers, it also draws travelers from Europe, Canada, South America. Longer itineraries tend to attract older travelers. Week-long roundtrips in Alaska and Caribbean attract more families. To appeal to multi-generational groups, company's family programs were expanded to include dedicated, well-trained staff serving shipboard kids and teen centers with enrichment and educational activities.
On October 4, 2018, was launched "Celebrity Central" (an online portal for travel agents). The website has 6 sections (news, marketing, and sales, learning and training) and is accessed via personalized log-ins. It combines AirWaves, CruisingPower, company's sales and marketing toolkit (Rewards, Digital Library) and Celebrity Passport (e-learning resource). Celebrity Central has a search bar and tags for popular terms and topics.
The following YouTube video (official release) reviews company's newest vessel Celebrity Edge and all its unique features. From the EDGE series are to be built 4 more liners - Celebrity Apex (2020) and 3 more (unnamed) with scheduled deliveries in 2021, 2022 and 2024.
On April 11, 2019, the shipowner RCCL signed a MoU agreement with Chantiers de l'Atlantique Shipyard (St Nazaire, France) to order a 5th Edge-class vessel, with scheduled delivery in 2024 fall.
In February 2014, Celebrity Cruises announced it would add "The Suite Class" to its cruise ships. Suite Class passengers have their own private restaurant and VIP lounge. Key features on Solstice Class ships include the Lawn Club, which is a freshly manicured lawn on ship's highest deck. Passengers enjoy casual outdoor activities, country-club atmosphere, and grass between their toes. They can watch a glass-blowing demonstration on Equinox, Eclipse, and Solstice, or a meal in the Lawn Club Grill. Celebrity ships also have Cellar Masters, inspired by the Napa Valley vineyards, which brings to life a global wine cruise tour experience, while guests learn about and taste a variety of premium wines from around the world.
In March 2016, Celebrity Cruises acquired the two-ship company "Ocean Adventures". The purchase of 16-passenger catamaran Athala II (Celebrity Xploration) and 48-passenger yacht Eclipse (Celebrity Xperience) increased Celebrity Cruises Galapagos capacity by 65%. The two boats joined Celebrity's fleet in spring 2016 but started regular operations following extensive drydocks in January 2017.
Since March 2018, RCCL offers one login for RCI and Celebrity Cruises websites and mobile apps. The new policy allows one account to be used for loyalty program benefits, bookings, and reservations with both brands. The account security was also simplified and strengthened to ensure customers' personal data.
Celebrity brand's cruising experience
- Accommodations: some of the largest cruise suites (all served by butlers). Luxurious "ConciergeClass" staterooms, attentive highly personalized impeccable service; and enjoying seating preference, priority check-in. 2:1 guest-to-staff ratio
- Dining: award-winning cuisine, excellent alternate dining venues. Celebrity's "Gourmet Bites" every afternoon, themed lunch buffets. Culinary demonstrations. The line has partnered with "Elizabeth Blau and Associates", as to menu and wine selections, and all the standards of serving.
- Facilities: the largest cruise ship spa and gym facilities at sea ("AquaSpa by Elemis" - world-class beauty salon, spa treatments and fitness programs). "Celebrity Theatre" for Broadway-style productions, huge European-style casinos, bingo, themed bars, and lounges, including a European style disco, large pools, poolside recreation programs (massages, yoga), onboard boutique shopping.
- Enrichment: "Celebrity Lecture Series". Rich contemporary art collections. Art auctions, and enhanced golf program.
- "Celebrity Escape" concept (reserved exclusively for adults ages 21 and older) offers complimentary classes, workshops, themed events, fashion shows, deck parties, etc.
- By the "Family Cruising Program", on all voyages are offered complimentary games, parties, educational and fun activities, history and sea life explorations, dedicated/exclusive pools and discos for teens.
Via partnership with CG Technology (fka Cantor Gaming), Celebrity Cruises introduced industry's first casino gaming mobile app. Passengers download the free app (Cantor Mobile Casino) via ship's WiFi network to Android or Apple phones/tablets. The app allows them to play slots, video poker, and table games anywhere on the ship. At the ship's casino lounge passengers can play (for real) games like roulette, poker (plus Texas Hold 'Em) and blackjack. Some ships have Let It Ride and baccarat available upon request. All ships have at least 1 poker table in the casino and host tournaments during the voyage.
Since 2013, the company has been partnered with "Top Chef" (US reality competition TV series). In late 2014, both companies started the exclusive "Top Chef at Sea" cruising experience. By this onboard culinary program, fans and foodies have the opportunity to travel with a lineup of celebrity chefs on food-themed "Top Chef Signature Sailing" each year. Celebrity also offers an interactive "Quickfire Challenges" and "Top Chef"-inspired menu evenings fleetwide on cruises 5-nights or longer (excluding Galapagos Islands).
In 2017, Celebrity Cruises partnered with Bravo Media for a new cooking video series - "Isaac Takes On". This digital show follows Top Chef's Isaac Toups as he cruises around the Caribbean on the ship Celebrity Reflection, competing against passengers in a variety of culinary challenges. The ship has its own Michelin-star chef - Cornelius Gallagher, who also makes appearances throughout the series.
In February 2019, Celebrity Cruises announced two new (exclusive) partnerships - with Daniel Boulud (Michelin-starred Chef) and with ABT-American Ballet Theatre (NYC-based, 1939-founded classical ballet company). Both partnerships created unique onboard culinary and entertainment experiences fleetwide.
- The Celebrity-ABT partnership allows passengers (on selected ships) to enjoy ballet shows by guest performers and to join the dancers for seminars and ballet classes.
- Chef Daniel Boulud is the founder of a global restaurant group which includes 7 NYC restaurants plus 6 in other (national and international) destinations. As Celebrity's Global Culinary Brand Ambassador, he designs signature dishes for Luminae (exclusive / Suite-only restaurant). Celebrity also introduced "Chef's Table by Daniel Boulud" - a private galley/kitchen tour and 5-course VIP dining package.
The new experiences were introduced in 2019, starting with the liners Summit, Equinox and Millennium.
"Celebrity Revolution" fleetwide refurbishments
In July 2018, the company announced a USD 500 million fleet modernization (drydock refurbishment) program dubbed "Celebrity Revolution". The project is scheduled for February 2019 through February 2023.
- Fleetwide renovations include all staterooms and public spaces on 9 liners to bring their onboard amenities and services up to the standards of Edge-class ships. For staterooms were contracted HBA (Hirsch Bedner Associates / US-based hospitality interior design company) and Kelly Hoppen (UK-based interior designer).
- All staterooms will be upgraded with eXhale bedding sets (premium cashmere mattresses) and high-tech amenities (RFID locks, Bluetooth, Xcelerate / Wi-Fi Internet).
- Renovated Celebrity cruise ships will have "The Retreat" (adults-only sundeck) with full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi whirlpool, private cabanas, padded loungers, poolside bar service (food and drinks).
- Luminae Restaurant (Suites-only) will be redesigned and will be introduced new (custom-made) menus by chef Cornelius Gallagher.
- Qsine Restaurant will be added fleetwide and will offer "Le Petit Chef" (virtual dining-entertainment experience) created by Skullmapping artists and presented by TableMation Studios exclusively for Celebrity Cruises.
- Main Dining Rooms, Oceanview Cafe and Sunset Bar will be redesigned, as well as most public venues. In the SPA will be added expanded SEA Thermal Suite. Retail shops will be expanded with new shopping brands - including Hublot (luxury Swiss watches) and Shinola (luxury watches, jewelry, premium leather goods).
The 4-year fleet refurbishment program starts in February 2019. The current list of scheduled for drydocks Celebrity cruise ships (by the Celebrity Revolution project) is as follows:
- Celebrity Millennium: Feb 9, 2019
- Celebrity Summit: Mar 23, 2019
- Celebrity Equinox: May 25, 2019
- Celebrity Silhouette: Jan 24, 2020
- Celebrity Eclipse: Apr 1, 2020
- Celebrity Constellation: May 1, 2020
- Celebrity Infinity: Nov 14, 2020
- Celebrity Solstice: Oct 1, 2021
- Celebrity Reflection: Feb 2, 2023
Celebrity cruise gratuities (2017-2018 cruises)
Daily gratuities are per person (pp):
- USD 13,50 pp (interior, oceanview, balcony staterooms, both adults and kids)
- USD 14 (Aqua-Class and Concierge-Class staterooms)
- USD 17 pp (suites,)
- Daily gratuity is an automatic service charge added to the passenger's onboard account each day.
- Passengers can prepay gratuities.
- Daily gratuities are split between the ship's staff (dining, housekeeping, cabin stewards).
Celebrity cruise ship Room Service
Celebrity Cruises requires a fee of USD 4,95 for ordering items from the cruise ship's room service menu.
- Room Service is operated on each Celebrity cruise vessel and between 11 pm - 6 am.
- Prior to September 2015, the basic room service items delivery to passengers' cabins was complimentary. The exception was for some premium items (like a cheese platter, filet mignon, Caprese salad).
New shipboard Wellness classes
In 2018, Celebrity and Canyon Ranch upgraded fleetwide the onboard fitness program by adding more (to a total of 20) fitness classes and wellness seminars for passengers. Of all classes, 6 are based on different exercise groups - Acupuncture (Pain Relief), Conditioning (Pilates), Longevity, Mindfulness (Spiritual Cycling), Nutrition (Detox 101), Sweat (Tabata).
Among the new wellness offerings are:
- "Acupuncture for Pain Relief" revives energy levels, treats pain and digestive discomfort, de-stresses, aids a healthy sleep.
- "Pilates to the Beat" is a mat class choreographed with upbeat songs.
- "Age-Defying Technology" reviews the latest technologies, wellness products and services that help anti-aging.
- "Spiritual Cycling" Incorporates mind and energy awareness while cycling to musical beats.
- "Detox 101: Weight Loss and More" reviews the most effective detox foods and how they promote weight loss.
- "Tabata Impact" is a Japanese intense and fast full-body workout offering best cardio and training techniques.
Itinerary of Celebrity Cruises
Celebrity Cruise destinations include Alaska, Hawaii, Bermuda, Canada, Bahamas, Caribbean (all, but mostly Southern), Mexico, Panama Canal, South America, Australia New Zealand, Northern Europe from the UK, Eastern and Western Mediterranean.
The Celebrity line owns one of the youngest and most innovative fleets. They all are Malta-flagged, with the exception of Galapagos Islands fleet (flagged Ecuador).
New to the Signature Event Sailings of the brand is the Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival in Taipei, Taiwan. It is available over the Chinese New Year on a cruise onboard Celebrity Millennium.
Celebrity Cruises Deployment in 2019-2020-2021
- The new signature events of Celebrity Cruises also include a 14-night celebration in February 2019 for Chinese New Year, with a cruise of Asia aboard Celebrity Constellation.
- For wine-lovers, the line continues the partnership with The Wine Show, featuring 5 shore trips curated by show’s resident experts, Joe Fattorini and Amelia Singer.
- Other highlights featured in 2019 include a brand new 13-night South Pacific, Fiji and Tonga cruise in March onboard Celebrity Solstice.
- A 13-night Brazilian voyage on Celebrity Eclipse February 2019 departs from Buenos Aires and visits Sao Paulo, Buzios, Ilhabela, and Rio.
Celebrity Cruises 2019-2020 deployment for the Americas, Asia, and Australia feature Celebrity Millennium returning to Asia from late-2019 through early-2020. Celebrity Cruises itineraries include a 14-night voyage from Shanghai, Yokohama, Hong Kong, Singapore. Celebrity Constellation was initially homeported in Dubai UAE, with relocation to Singapore. The "Best of India and Sri Lanka" itinerary had planned visits to Colombo, Goa, Mumbai, and other major port cities. However, in August 2019, Constellation's program was changed and the ship was redeployed in the Caribbean USA (homeport Tampa FL).
Celebrity Solstice sails around Australia. It is her 8th season Down Under. The cruise line has over 20 local sailings booked over more than 7 months. It is the longest season she has spent in Australia. This includes ship's first ever turnaround from Melbourne and Solstice calls at Eden and overnights in Sydney, Hobart, Cairns, Tauranga.
Itineraries range from 4 to 17 nights, sailing to/from Honolulu, Melbourne, Sydney, Auckland. Celebrity Solstice visits 35 destinations in 11 different countries, including ports in New Zealand, Australia, French Polynesia, Hawaii, Fiji, New Caledonia, Loyalty Islands, Vanuatu, Tonga, Samoa, and American Samoa.
In addition, Celebrity Cruises offers 3 dedicated Queensland itineraries, of which one between Sydney and Auckland, as well as a South Pacific itinerary that will visit Tonga, Fiji, Samoa, and American Samoa, plus a brand new 4-night sampler cruise out of Sydney with a visit to Melbourne.
During summer season 2020-2021, Celebrity Eclipse ship will be homeported in Melbourne Australia, operating on roundtrips between December 23 (2020) and April 4 (2021). Australian itineraries (7 roundtrips) are 7- and 14-days in length and visit port destinations in South Pacific, Queensland, Tasmania, South Australia, New Zealand. The inaugural Australian season ends on April 4 (2021) with 20-day repositioning cruise from Melbourne to Honolulu Hawaii.
Celebrity Cruises announced line's most expansive European season ever in 2020 which includes their next newbuild, Celebrity Apex, sailing in the region. Apex joins her sister ship, Celebrity Edge, as the cruise company offers calls at more European ports than ever before.
Celebrity Cruises' 2020 European season features 6 award-winning vessels, two of which will have been reimagined as part of an ambitious US$500-million-dollar revitalization program called The Celebrity Revolution, that introduces reimagined spaces, redesigned accommodations, and state-of-the-art experiences across the fleet. Celebrity's ships visit the most cities ever by the line in a single season, with over 90 ports of call across 27 countries.
New destinations include a first-ever mini-season of cruises from Lisbon, as well as country-immersive trips that provide in-depth experiences for passengers in either Italy or Greece. The season also introduces new ports, including Trieste and Isle of Portland UK. Back by popular demand, the company is also returning to Oslo, Agadir, and Kusadasi, where guests can explore Ephesus.
- Celebrity Apex is due to debut in Southampton UK where she sails on a mini-season of 5 voyages to European destinations, such as the Norwegian Fjords and northern coasts of Portugal and Spain. Aboard Celebrity Apex, passengers can experience a 10-night Capital Cities Cruise with calls at iconic cities: Amsterdam, Oslo, Copenhagen, Paris.
- After the Northern Europe mini-season, Apex spends the rest of her inaugural summer offering 7- to 12-night itineraries. During the peak season, the ship ventures through the western Mediterranean from Rome and Barcelona.
- Celebrity Edge joins sister ship, Celebrity Apex, in the Mediterranean with a full season of cruises in the eastern region and Adriatic. Celebrity Edge offers 10- and 11-night itineraries to Trieste and Venice. Celebrity Edge also sails to some of the world's most breathtaking places, including Amalfi Coast and the islands of Greece.
- After completing Celebrity Revolution, Silhouette joins her sisters Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Apex and offer more ways to explore Europe with 7- to 14-night sailings from Southampton UK to Iceland and Ireland featuring overnights in Dublin and Reykjavik. Silhouette also offers the 10-night Capital Cities Cruise.
- Celebrity Reflection offers 3 Iceland & Ireland itineraries with round-trips from Dublin this season. The new 10-night Ireland, England & Scotland cruise includes the first-time call at Portland, Dorset, UK. Celebrity Reflection also makes round-trip voyages from Amsterdam with 12-night itineraries to Russia, Scandinavia, and the British Isles. From Rome, Reflection visits Israel and Kusadasi, with a journey to the ancient city of Ephesus.
- Celebrity Infinity returns to the Mediterranean with a mini-season of cruises from Lisbon. The first-time trips visit spectacular ports on the Iberian Peninsula on the way to Barcelona. Morocco has also been added to Infinity’s transatlantic crossing, a port Celebrity Cruises has not visited since 2016.
Celebrity Cruises’ 2020-2021 season is expected to be the most expansive yet, with more destinations and time to explore North America. Passengers have the chance to sail on newly modernized vessels as the cruise line continues to invest in redesigned accommodations, new spaces, and custom experiences as part of The Celebrity Revolution.
- Celebrity Summit kicks off her North American season of voyages with a new program. She expands her itineraries to call at 19 destinations in 7 different countries and bring passengers to Greenland for the first time, along with the Statue of Liberty experience. The ship is due to stay for more than ten hours in port at record 56 stops, docking in a total of 39 of those cruise ports for more than twelve hours.
- New 10-night itineraries start in the summer, bringing guests south to historic Charleston S.C. and Bermuda. Another 7-night sailing to Bermuda includes a new stop in Newport RI and circles Liberty Island.
- In August, Summit offers new opportunities to sail between North America and Europe with a couple of 14-night itineraries from Cape Liberty to Dublin, then from Dublin to Boston. Guests can experience new cruise ports of Prins Christian Sund and Qaqortoq. Following the summer sailings, the ship homeports in Boston to offer 12-night Canada & New England voyages for the fall season.
- Line's Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Millennium return to Alaska for another season to visit twelve U.S. and Canada destinations and spend more time in ports than ever before. Onboard Celebrity Eclipse, passengers sail 7-night, round-trip voyages from Vancouver and sail through the Inside Passage to visit Icy Strait Point, Juneau, Ketchikan and Hubbard Glacier.
- Celebrity Millennium offers two, 7-night Alaska itineraries, of which the one is northbound from Vancouver BC, and the other is southbound from Seward. Both itineraries include the Inside Passage and make calls to Icy Strait Point, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Hubbard Glacier.
- The first Solstice Class cruise ship to ever sail in Alaska, Celebrity's Solstice offers 7-night, round-trip voyages from Seattle, bringing guests to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Inside Passage, Victoria BC, Endicott Arms, and Dawes Glacier.
- Celebrity Eclipse also explores North America’s Pacific coast from San Diego to Vancouver.
Celebrity Cruises Caribbean itineraries
Celebrity Cruises lineup of Caribbean itineraries for 2019-2020 season includes 6 ships in the region: the newbuild Celebrity Edge, as well as Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Reflection, Celebrity Summit, and Celebrity Silhouette.
- The new Celebrity Edge, once again sails on 7-night eastern and western Caribbean itineraries, visiting Tortola, Grand Cayman, St. Maarten, Key West and more. Passengers can book both itineraries back-to-back for a single Caribbean escape.
- Fresh from her multi-million-dollar refit, Celebrity Equinox offers new technology to continue with year-round Caribbean trips. Sailing out of Fort Lauderdale FL beginning summer 2019, Equinox visits ports like Punta Cana, Grand Cayman, St. Thomas, and more.
- In 2019-2020, Celebrity Infinity continues to sail on 4- and 5-night cruises from Fort Lauderdale FL, with alternating visits to Cozumel-Key West, and Key West-Nassau.
- In 2019 Celebrity Reflection returns to the Caribbean, offering 10- and 11-night Ultimate Caribbean voyages, visiting a variety of tropical destinations, such as Antigua, Barbados, Aruba, St Lucia, Curacao, Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico, and more.
- Citing popular demand, Celebrity said that Celebrity Silhouette is once again offering 9- and 12-night southern Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale. The 9-night itinerary of the ship visits Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, and Grand Cayman, and is designed specifically to offer passengers a longer vacation while only being away for 5 work days. The 12-night voyage visits islands in the Lesser Antilles including Barbados, St. Lucia, Grenada, and more.
- Celebrity Summit debuts a new look during 2019-2020 Caribbean season, with completely redesigned cabins. In 2019, the ship offers passengers the chance to explore both Bermuda and New England together on either a 10- or 11-night cruise, with calls at Portland, Bar Harbor, and Boston. Celebrity once again offers an 11-night voyage that includes an overnight in Boston for the 4th of July and overnight in Halifax to celebrate the birthday of Canada. The revitalized ship also continues with sailings to Bermuda and the Caribbean. Its 7-night southern Caribbean cruises departing roundtrip from San Juan visit destinations including new itineraries to Bonaire, Curacao, and Aruba, while its 7-night Bermuda getaways give passengers 3 days and 2 nights on the island.
Celebrity Cruises Galapagos ships
On March 14, 2016, Celebrity announced its planned acquisition of the leading Galapagos cruise tour operator company "Ocean Adventures". The acquisition includes the two small vessels MV Eclipse (48-passenger) and the catamaran MC Athala II (16-passenger luxury catamaran). After their addition to the 98-passenger MS Xpedition ship, both vessels expanded the company's passenger capacity in the Galápagos Islands destination by 65%. The newly acquired ships joined the fleet in 2016 spring, but until the drydock refurbishments (January 2017) they continued to be operated with the Ocean Adventures amenities and programming.
- Celebrity Xpedition - 90-passenger expedition ship
- Celebrity Xperience (formerly MV Eclipse) - 48-passenger expedition ship
- Celebrity Xploration (formerly MC Athala II) - 16-passenger catamaran
- Celebrity Flora (2019) - 100 passenger newbuild
These vessels operate on Galapagos cruise itineraries (Baltra roundtrips on a year-round schedule).
- The "Southern Loop" itinerary visits the islands Santa Cruz, Santa Fe, San Cristobal, Isabela, Espanola, Rabida, Genovesa, Bartolome.
- The "Northern Loop" itinerary visits the islands Santiago, Bartolome, Isabela, Fernandina, Isabela, Santa Cruz, Genovesa, and on the "Southern Loop" - Rabida, Isabela, Colon, Santa Cruz, Espanola.
With the modernization of Celebrity Xpedition and the launch of the luxury mega yacht Celebrity Flora, 2021 is poised to be line’s best Galapagos season yet, expected to connect guests to the awe-inspiring islands and the wonders found exclusively in the region, such as land and marine iguanas, blue-footed booby, Darwin’s finches.
The all-suite, 100-passenger Celebrity Flora is among the most energy-efficient vessels of her size in the Galapagos Islands. The vessel offers sea-to-shore transportation via the innovative Novurania Yacht Tenders, and cruise industry-first Galapagos Glamping experience. Ship's outward-facing design provides 360-degree views of the islands. Personal suite attendants, expert-led ecological seminars, new dining venues, and an open-air stargazing platform, take Galapagos cruises to new heights.
On Flora, passengers choose from 10-, 11-, and 16-night packages, that feature either pre- or post-cruise expeditions and include one of two 7-night Inner or Outer Loop Itineraries from Baltra.
Following a 7-day “revolutionary” refurbishment in September last year, Celebrity Xpedition debuted with various enhancements, from redecorated staterooms, restaurants and lounges, to faster Wi-Fi.
Celebrity Xpedition offers 10-, 11-, and 16-night packages, that feature either pre- or post-cruise expeditions and include one of two 7-night Inner or Outer Loop Itineraries from Baltra.
Celebrity Cruises related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises is the second cruise company to drop voyages in the Arabian Gulf. The cruise liner Celebrity Constellation had scheduled...August 12, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises introduced its "Celebrity Moments" campaign, that will see 200 travel agents plus passengers invited on a 2-night inaugural mini...August 4, 2019
- Cruise Industry
NYC New York-based BG Studio International included a host of environmentally friendly features in Celebrity Flora - specially designed for Galapagos...August 2, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises revealed that since 2015, the company has increased the percentage of women working across its fleet from 3% to the record 22...July 27, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Two more cruise ships skipped scheduled visits to San Juan Puerto Rico, as demonstrators have been calling for the resignation of Gov. Ricardo...July 23, 2019
Celebrity Solstice had just departed Friday evening, July 19, for Ketchikan AK, when she had to sail back to Seattle due to a power outage. The US...July 21, 2019
A U.S. Coast Guard helicopter crew has hoisted a 7-year-old girl and her parent from Celebrity Summit on Monday, July 8, after the vessel departed...July 9, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises officially christened its Celebrity Flora, a new all-suite megayacht (passenger capacity 100) which is the first of its kind to...June 24, 2019
- Cruise Industry
The newly refurbished Celebrity Equinox is ready to revolutionize the way Celebrity travellers experience the Caribbean. The dramatic transformation...June 5, 2019
Coast Guard officer has helped rescue a 61-year-old female passenger with chest pains from a Celebrity Cruises ship in New York Harbor Sunday...May 27, 2019
- show more news