Celebrity Cruises fleet
Review of Celebrity Cruises
Celebrity Cruises (celebritycruises.com) is the second-largest (by fleet) brand in the RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd) group of companies. Established in 1990, the "Celebrity" cruise brand joined RCCL in 1997. Celebrity represents one of the best "luxury ship travel" companies for adults, as well as a signature operator of regularly scheduled Panama Canal transition itineraries and one of the top 3 Alaskan cruise lines. In May 2020, the company celebrated its 30th Anniversary.
Celebrity is a medium-priced luxury cruise company, which travel vacation package product is associated with top-hotel amenities, premium services, sophistication, style, elegance, technology innovations. Celebrity cruise liners offer impeccable service and exquisite cuisine, appealing to moderately affluent, well-educated travelers (mostly adults in their 40s). Celebrity offers "Family Cruises" during holidays (particularly on voyages from the USA to Caribbean and Bermuda) and "Seniors Cruises" (on European and South American itineraries). The letter "X" on ships' funnels stands for the name "Chandris" (in Greek "Xandris").
The company was founded in 1988 as part of Chandris Group (Athens Greece-based marine corporation, now Chandris Hellas Inc) - shipowner and vessel management. Before Celebrity, Chandris Group operated the cruise brands "Chandris Line" (1960-1974, ocean liner crossings between Greece and Australia), "Chandris Cruises" (1974-1996, Mediterranean itineraries from Greece) and "Chandris Fantasy Cruises (1985--1996, North American itineraries). Chandris' brand "Celebrity Cruises" started with cheap voyages offered on second-hand ships, to become one of industry's most prominent premium "affordable luxury" ship travel brands. The company's current President and CEO is Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.
Celebrity entered the luxury cruising marked with roundtrips from the USA to Bermuda, acquiring more and newer liners. As a brand of RCG, Celebrity's sister companies are RCI-Royal Caribbean International, Pullmantur (Spain), Marella (UK), TUI (Germany), Silversea. The company's headquarters address is "Celebrity Cruises, 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami FL, 33132-2096 USA".
The company attracts a diverse passenger base, targeting mainly baby boomers and their families, honeymooners, and seniors. In addition to US customers, it also draws travelers from Europe, Canada, South America. Longer itineraries tend to attract older travelers. Week-long roundtrips in Alaska and Caribbean attract more families. To appeal to multi-generational groups, company's family programs were expanded to include dedicated, well-trained staff serving shipboard kids and teen centers with enrichment and educational activities.
On October 4, 2018, was launched "Celebrity Central" (website for travel agents). It has 6 sections (news, marketing, and sales, learning and training) and is accessed via personalized log-ins. It combines AirWaves, CruisingPower, company's sales and marketing toolkit (Rewards, Digital Library) and Celebrity Passport (e-learning resource). Celebrity Central has a search bar and tags for popular terms and topics.
In December 2020, Celebrity's parent company (RCG-Royal Caribbean Group) sold the Galapagos-based ship Celebrity Xperience to Emerald Blue Cruises Panama. The boat was named Celebrity Xperience (January 2016 through March 2020), "MS Xperience" (April through November 2020) and "Emerald Dream" (since December 2020).
Since 2022, Celebrity's well-being advisor is Gwyneth Paltrow (1972-born American actress and businesswoman, owner of the lifestyle brand company Goop Inc). The first “Goop at Sea” event debuted on Celebrity Beyond’s 9-night "Italian Riviera and France Cruise" (Barcelona roundtrip, departure Sept 24, 2022). Each "Celebrity Goop Cruise" is Goop-curated and features a live interview-Q&A session (with a wellness expert), themed experiences (food tastings, product trials, sale promotions, massages), interactive sessions (led by practitioners), gifts, surprises, on-demand TV classes (in the public restrooms), a detox smoothie and fitness tools (for Aquaclass cabins), an ultra-luxury wellness experience (for Aqua Sky Suites). Feres on the Goop-themed voyages start from US$750 pp with double occupancy.
The following YouTube video (official release) reviews the company's newest Edge-Class vessels and their unique features. The EDGE series includes all 5 units - Celebrity Edge (2018), Celebrity Apex (2020), Celebrity Beyond (2022), Celebrity Ascent (2023) plus one more (still unnamed) liner planned for delivery in 2024.
On April 11, 2019, the shipowner RCCL signed an MoU agreement with Chantiers de l'Atlantique Shipyard (St Nazaire, France) to order a 5th Edge-Class vessel, with scheduled delivery in 2024-Q3.
In February 2014, Celebrity Cruises announced it would add "The Suite Class" fleetwide. Suite Class passengers have their own private restaurant and VIP lounge. Key features on Solstice Class ships include the Lawn Club, which is a freshly manicured lawn on the ship's highest deck. Passengers enjoy casual outdoor activities, a country-club atmosphere, and grass between their toes. They can watch a glass-blowing demonstration on Equinox, Eclipse, and Solstice, or a meal in the Lawn Club Grill. Celebrity ships also have Cellar Masters, inspired by the Napa Valley vineyards, which brings to life a global wine cruise tour experience, while guests learn about and taste a variety of premium wines from around the world.
In March 2016, Celebrity Cruises acquired the two-ship company "Ocean Adventures". The purchase of the 16-passenger catamaran Athala II (Celebrity Xploration) and 48-passenger yacht Eclipse (Celebrity Xperience) increased Celebrity Cruises Galapagos capacity by 65%. The two boats joined Celebrity's fleet in spring 2016 but started regular operations following extensive drydocks in January 2017.
Since March 2018, RCCL offers one login for RCI and Celebrity websites and mobile apps. The new policy allows one account to be used for loyalty program benefits, bookings, and reservations with both brands. The account security was also simplified and strengthened to ensure customers' personal data.
Celebrity's loyalty program "Captain's Club"
In June 2021, Celebrity updated its "Captain's Club" loyalty program (for repeat customers).
The offerings now include:
- onboard events "Captain's Club Sneak Peek Series" (ship tour with cocktail sampling), "Create and Pour" (wine sampling), Welcome Parties (outdoor events held at Lawn Club and Rooftop Garden), "Captain's Club Cocktail Hour (free drinks daily between 5-7 PM at all bars and lounges).
- Spa discounts (10% off for Select and Elite members, 15-20% off for Elite Plus and Zenith members), deals exclude MedSpa and Spa Retails, but for Elite and above members Persian Garden's access is complimentary on one of the port days (guest's choice).
- Photo discounts (25-50% off any photo packages, up to US$300 off Studio Packages), added were greenscreen photo sessions (with changing background scenery) as well as aerial and 360-degree photos.
- Laundry packages (on select voyages only) now include "Evening Chic" (dry cleaning for US$35, 8 max items) with the optional US$20 add-on for unlimited pressing (throughout the cruise).
- Internet discounts (10-35% off any Internet package) plus bonus minutes for Elite and Elite Plus members, an additional 10% discount (combinable) is offered with pre-cruise booking. Zenith members receive complimentary the Stream package (for 1x mobile device).
- Beverage package discounts (5-10% off to upgrade from "Classic" to "Premium", if purchased pre-cruise). Zenith members receive complimentary the "Premium Beverage Package".
- Wine discounts (20% off per bottle / valid for all wine brands available for purchase on the ship). Zenith members receive one complimentary dinner (per voyage) at a specialty restaurant, marked with complimentary wine and flowers.
Celebrity brand's cruising experience
- Accommodations: some of the largest cruise suites (all served by butlers). Luxurious "ConciergeClass" staterooms, attentive highly personalized impeccable service; and enjoying seating preference, priority check-in. 2:1 guest-to-staff ratio
- Dining: award-winning cuisine, excellent alternate dining venues. Celebrity's "Gourmet Bites" every afternoon, themed lunch buffets. Culinary demonstrations. The line has partnered with "Elizabeth Blau and Associates", as to menu and wine selections, and all the standards of serving.
- Facilities: the largest cruise ship spa and gym facilities at sea ("AquaSpa by Elemis" - world-class beauty salon, spa treatments and fitness programs). "Celebrity Theatre" for Broadway-style productions, huge European-style casinos, bingo, themed bars, and lounges, including a discoclub, large pools, poolside recreation programs (massages, yoga), onboard boutique shopping.
- Enrichment: "Celebrity Lecture Series". Rich contemporary art collections. Art auctions, and enhanced golf program.
- "Celebrity Escape" concept (reserved exclusively for adults ages 21 and older) offers complimentary classes, workshops, themed events, fashion shows, deck parties, etc.
- By the "Family Cruising Program", on all voyages are offered complimentary games, parties, educational and fun activities, history and sea life explorations, dedicated/exclusive pools and discos for teens.
Via partnership with CG Technology (fka Cantor Gaming), Celebrity Cruises introduced the industry's first casino gaming mobile app. Passengers download the free app (Cantor Mobile Casino) via ship's WiFi network to Android or Apple phones/tablets. The app allows them to play slots, video poker, and table games anywhere on the ship. At the ship's casino lounge passengers can play (for real) games like roulette, poker (plus Texas Hold 'Em) and blackjack. Some ships have Let It Ride and baccarat available upon request. All ships have at least 1 poker table in the casino and host tournaments during the voyage.
Since 2013, the company has been partnered with "Top Chef" (US reality competition TV series). In late 2014, both companies started the exclusive "Top Chef at Sea" cruising experience. By this onboard culinary program, fans and foodies have the opportunity to travel with a lineup of celebrity chefs on food-themed "Top Chef Signature Sailing" each year. Celebrity also offers an interactive "Quickfire Challenges" and "Top Chef"-inspired menu evenings fleetwide on cruises 5-nights or longer (excluding Galapagos Islands).
In 2017, Celebrity Cruises partnered with Bravo Media for a new cooking video series - "Isaac Takes On". This digital show follows Top Chef's Isaac Toups as he cruises around the Caribbean on the ship Celebrity Reflection, competing against passengers in a variety of culinary challenges. The ship has its own Michelin-star chef - Cornelius Gallagher, who also makes appearances throughout the series.
In February 2019, Celebrity Cruises announced two new (exclusive) partnerships - with Daniel Boulud (Michelin-starred Chef) and with ABT-American Ballet Theatre (NYC-based, 1939-founded classical ballet company). Both partnerships created unique onboard culinary and entertainment experiences fleetwide.
- The Celebrity-ABT partnership allows passengers (on selected ships) to enjoy ballet shows by guest performers and to join the dancers for seminars and ballet classes.
- Chef Daniel Boulud is the founder of a global restaurant group that includes 7 NYC restaurants plus 6 in other (national and international) destinations. As Celebrity's Global Culinary Brand Ambassador, he designs signature dishes for Luminae (exclusive / Suite-only restaurant). Celebrity also introduced "Chef's Table by Daniel Boulud" - a private galley/kitchen tour and 5-course VIP dining package.
The new experiences were introduced in 2019, starting with the liners Summit, Equinox and Millennium.
In December 2019, the company signed an exclusive partnership with OneSpaWorld Holdings Ltd (Bahamas-based global provider of health and wellness services and products to cruise ships and land-based resorts). The partnership starts in May 2020 and is fleetwide (including the newbuilds under construction).
Since November 17, 2020, every Celebrity Cruises deal includes unlimited beverages (classic cocktails, beers, wines by the glass, sodas, juices, bottled water, brand coffees and teas), onboard gratuities and Wi-Fi.
Option upgrades offered to all bookings include:
- ELEVATE Package (unlimited premium drinks and shore excursions priced up to USD 200 per person)
- INDULGE Package (ELEVATE Package plus unlimited streaming Wi-Fi Internet and up to USD 400 per person in OBC/onboard credit).
In August 2022, the shipowner RCG-Royal Caribbean Group signed a deal with SpaceX/Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (2002-founded by Elon Musk) for using Starlink's satellites to provide faster and low-latency Internet connections across the global fleet (Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity, and Silversea ships). Fleetwide Starlink installations were scheduled to be completed in 2023-Q1.
"Celebrity Revolution" fleetwide refurbishments
In July 2018, the company announced a USD 500 million fleet modernization (drydock refurbishment) program dubbed "Celebrity Revolution". The project was scheduled for February 2019 through February 2023.
Fleetwide renovations include all staterooms and public spaces on 9 liners to bring their onboard amenities and services up to the standards of EDGE-class ships. For staterooms were contracted HBA (Hirsch Bedner Associates / US-based hospitality interior design company) and Kelly Hoppen (UK-based interior designer).
All staterooms will be upgraded with eXhale bedding sets (premium cashmere mattresses) and high-tech amenities (RFID locks, Bluetooth, Xcelerate / Wi-Fi Internet).
Renovated Celebrity ships will have "The Retreat" (adults-only sundeck) with a full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi, private cabanas, padded loungers, poolside bar service (food and drinks).
Luminae Restaurant (Suites-only) will be redesigned and will be introduced new (custom-made) menus by chef Cornelius Gallagher.
Qsine Restaurant will be added fleetwide and will offer "Le Petit Chef" (virtual dining-entertainment experience) created by Skullmapping artists and presented by TableMation Studios exclusively for Celebrity Cruises.
Main Dining Rooms, Oceanview Cafe and Sunset Bar will be redesigned, as well as most public venues. In the SPA will be added expanded SEA Thermal Suite. Retail shops will be expanded with new shopping brands - including Hublot (luxury Swiss watches) and Shinola (luxury watches, jewelry, premium leather goods).
The 4-year fleet refurbishment program started in February 2019. The current list of scheduled for drydocks Celebrity ships (by the "Celebrity Revolution" project) is as follows:
- Celebrity Millennium Feb 9, 2019
- Celebrity Summit Mar 23, 2019
- Celebrity Equinox May 25, 2019
- Celebrity Silhouette Jan 24, 2020
- Celebrity Eclipse Apr 1, 2021
- Celebrity Constellation May 1, 2020
- Celebrity Infinity Nov 14, 2020
- Celebrity Solstice Oct 1, 2021
- Celebrity Reflection Feb 2, 2023
(NEW) Celebrity cruise gratuities 2021
Since January 2020, the company's daily gratuity rates (per person/pp, both adults and kids are charged) were increased by ~7% (in comparison to the previous rates).
- Standard cabins' daily gratuity was changed from US$14,50 to US$15.50 pp (per day).
- ConciergeClass and AquaClass staterooms' daily gratuity was changed from US$15 to US$16 pp (per day).
- Suites' daily gratuity was changed from US$18 to US$19 pp (per day).
Daily gratuity is an automatic service charge added to the passenger's onboard account each day. Passengers can prepay gratuities. Daily gratuities are split between the ship's staff (dining, housekeeping, cabin stewards).
In 2018, Celebrity's daily gratuities (pp per day) were USD 13,50 (interior-oceanview-balcony staterooms), USD 14 (Aqua-Class and Concierge-Class) and USD 17 (Suites).
Celebrity cruise ship Room Service
Celebrity Cruises requires a fee of USD 4,95 for ordering items from the cruise ship's room service menu.
- Room Service is operated on each Celebrity cruise vessel and between 11 pm - 6 am.
- Prior to September 2015, the basic room service items delivery to passengers' cabins was complimentary. The exception was for some premium items (like a cheese platter, filet mignon, Caprese salad).
New shipboard Wellness classes
In 2018, Celebrity and Canyon Ranch upgraded fleetwide the onboard fitness program by adding more (to a total of 20) fitness classes and wellness seminars for passengers. Of all classes, 6 are based on different exercise groups - Acupuncture (Pain Relief), Conditioning (Pilates), Longevity, Mindfulness (Spiritual Cycling), Nutrition (Detox 101), Sweat (Tabata).
Among the new wellness offerings are:
- "Acupuncture for Pain Relief" revives energy levels, treats pain and digestive discomfort, de-stresses, aids a healthy sleep.
- "Pilates to the Beat" is a mat class choreographed with upbeat songs.
- "Age-Defying Technology" reviews the latest technologies, wellness products and services that help anti-aging.
- "Spiritual Cycling" Incorporates mind and energy awareness while cycling to musical beats.
- "Detox 101: Weight Loss and More" reviews the most effective detox foods and how they promote weight loss.
- "Tabata Impact" is a Japanese intense and fast full-body workout offering best cardio and training techniques.
(Coronavirus crisis) passenger shipping pause 2020-2021
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, RCG-Royal Caribbean Group (shipowner) suspended its entire fleet's passenger shipping operations (RCI-Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity, Silversea, Azamara) worldwide by canceling all voyages with pre-scheduled departures in the period March 13, 2020, through June 30, 2021.
Next are listed all Celebrity ships and their first scheduled departure dates/regions - APEX (June 19, 2021/Mediterranean from Piraeus-Athens), BEYOND (April 27, 2022/Maiden Voyage/Europe), CONSTELLATION (Nov 7, 2021/Caribbean from Tampa), ECLIPSE (April 23, 2022/Hawaii-Australia repositioning from Vancouver to Honolulu), EDGE (June 26, 2021/Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale), EQUINOX (July 25, 2021/Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale), INFINITY (June 25, 2022/Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale), MILLENNIUM (July 23, 2021/Alaska from Seattle), REFLECTION (Nov 6, 2021/Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale), SILHOUETTE (July 3, 2021/UK from Southampton), SOLSTICE (May 6, 2022/Alaska from Seattle), SUMMIT (Sept 14, 2021/Caribbean from Miami). Celebrity's Galapagos ships' restart dates were - Flora (July 4, 2021/Maiden Voyage), Xpedition (July 31, 2021), Xploration (January 1, 2022).
- Celebrity's Australia and New Zealand 2021-2022 programs were canceled (affected ship Eclipse, homeported in Sydney NSW and Auckland NZ).
- All Celebrity repositioning cruises in 2021 (Alaska, Panama Canal, Transatlantic) were canceled.
- Most Celebrity's European schedules 2021 (ships Constellation, Edge, Infinity, Reflection) were canceled, excluding APEX (Med) and SILHOUETTE (UK).
- Celebrity's South America 2021-2022 program (Infinity ship from Rio de Janeiro) was canceled.
- Celebrity's Japan 2021-2022 program (Solstice ship from Yokohama) was canceled.
All affected bookings received full refunds (100%), including on prepurchased through Celebrity Cruises packages and services. The refunds were in FCC (Future Cruise Credit) to be used on itineraries that depart up to April 30, 2022. The FCC had to be redeemed by December 31, 2021. Changing the FCC to a monetary refund (100%) was possible thru December 31, 2020. Celebrity's Cancellation Policy was extended to allow penalty-free cancellations up to 48 hours prior departure (all itineraries departing up until September 1, 2020 / initially thru July 31) and receive an FCC.
Itinerary of Celebrity Cruises
Celebrity cruise line's destinations include Alaska, Canada, Hawaii, Bermuda, Bahamas, Caribbean (all, but mostly Southern), Mexico (Caribbean/Yucatan, Pacific/Mexican Riviera), Panama Canal, South America, Australia-New Zealand, Asia (Taiwan-China-Japan, Thailand-Vietnam), Northern Europe (from the UK), Eastern and Western Mediterranean.
Celebrity 2022-2023-2024 cruise ship deployments
Celebrity's Alaskan 2022 program (May-September) is based on 3 ships (Eclipse, Solstice, Millennium), 7-day itineraries and homeporting in Vancouver BC and Seward AK.
In October 2021, Celebrity revealed the program for 3 Alaskan ships during 2023 summer season (May 3, thru mid-September), with each itinerary visiting Inside Passage. Season's highlights include:
- Homeported in Vancouver BC Canada and passing twice through the Inside Passage, Celebrity Eclipse sails on 7-night itineraries to Hubbard Glacier, Juneau, Ketchikan (Revillagigedo Island), and either Sitka (Baranof Island)/Icy Strait Point.
- With 7-night itineraries roundtrip from homeport Seattle (Washington USA) and one 9-night "Ultimate Alaska Cruise", Celebrity Solstice is the fleet's only to visit Endicott Arm Fjord and Dawes Glacier, along with Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria BC Canada.
- Celebrity Millennium offers 7-night Alaskan itineraries between homeports Vancouver and Seward, with a multi-night Cruisetour Denali option.
- Offering 9- to 13-night Cruisetours in 2023, tourists stay in first-class lodging, ride the Wilderness Express scenic train, visit destinations like Anchorage, Fairbanks, Homer.
The vessels offer itineraries ranging from 4 to 13 nights, and more 7-night itineraries available than ever before. Vacationers have the opportunity to reconnect in some of the most breath-taking destinations in the world including the village of Flam (Norway); Alexandria (Egypt) - the location for one of the Seven Wonders of the World; Lisbon (Portugal) - the foodie’s haven; the historic city of Kotka (Finland); the oldest city of Jerusalem (Ashdod, Israel) and more.
Celebrity Apex from homeport Amsterdam Holland has a 9-night Norwegian Fjords voyage visiting Oslo and Flam. Apex is also the first ship in the fleet to visit Egypt since 2012 (10-night Holy Land to Israel and Egypt), with an overnight in Alexandria. Additional itineraries include British Isles, Iceland, Ireland, Iberia (Portugal and Spain), Malta.
Following the 2022 inaugural season, Celebrity Beyond returns to Europe (Eastern Mediterranean) from homeport Civitavecchia-Rome.
Celebrity Eclipse's South America program lasts 4 months (December 2023 thru April 2024) and offer visiting a total of 16 destinations, a 14-night Antarctica, and a 12-night Argentina & Patagonia voyages. Call ports include Valparaiso-Santiago (Chile), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay), Antarctic Peninsula. Signature land tours offer visits to Chile's Osorno Volcano (from Puerto Montt), Argentina’s Playa El Doradillo (from Puerto Madryn), as well as Peru's Cusco and Machu Picchu (from Callao) during the 16-night repositioning voyage from the USA (Los Angeles) to Chile which includes 2 overnights in Callao-Lima (Peru).
Celebrity Summit's 2023 program (August thru October) offers 11-night itineraries (one-ways from homeports Boston MA USA and Quebec City) visiting ports in New England and Canada. The voyages include the maiden for the fleet port Rockland ME and overnight stays in Quebec City. Follows a program with roundtrips to Bermuda (Royal Naval Dockyard in King's Wharf) with 7-9-10-night roundtrips from New York (Port Cape Liberty Bayonne NJ/NYC), some of which visit Newport RI, Charleston SC, Martha's Vineyard Island (Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts). After Bermuda (August 2023) are scheduled two 12-night itineraries visiting Iceland and Greenland - eastbound from NYC and the reverse/westbound from Reykjavik (Iceland).
Celebrity Infinity returns to operation and sets sail for the Caribbean in Summer 2022. Sailing from Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades, Florida) beginning June 25, 2022, Celebrity Infinity is due to embark on alternating 7-night Eastern & Western Caribbean itineraries. All 7-night itineraries feature calls to Nassau or Bimini, Bahamas and Key West (Florida). In addition, Eastern Caribbean cruises visit Puerto Plata (Dominicana). Western Caribbean sailings also call on Belize City and Cozumel (Mexico). Celebrity Infinity is due to operate in the Caribbean through the end of November 2022 before embarking on a 14-night voyage to Rio de Janeiro (Brazil). Celebrity Infinity joins sistership Celebrity Equinox, marking the first time the line has offered 2 ships sailing a full summer Caribbean season from South Florida.
Asia 2023-2024 itineraries
Starting September 2023, Millennium operates in Northeast and Southeast Asia visiting China, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka. The 12-night itineraries visit ports like Klang-Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Lombok Indonesia, Mumbai India, Benoa Bali, as well as the maiden for Celebrity ports Hambantota (Sri Lanka) and Celukan Bawang (Bali Indonesia).
Starting November 2023, Solstice operates on 12-night Southeast Asia itineraries (to Thailand and Vietnam) departing from homeports Singapore and Hong Kong. Two 17-night Transpacific relocation voyages (RepositionCruises.com) are also offered - leaving from either Sydney NSW Australia or Honolulu Hawaii and visiting New Zealand and French Polynesia. Asian ports include Hanoi (Vietnam), Mumbai (India), Bangkok-Laem Chabang Thailand.
Celebrity Cruises takes the line's 2023-2024 Caribbean season to new heights via the addition of its newest ship, Celebrity Ascent. With 8 vessels navigating the island region, including 3 from the Edge Series, and itineraries ranging between 4-12 nights, passengers have more options to choose from.
Celebrity Ascent, the 4th in the award-winning Edge Series, makes her maiden voyage on December 3, 2023. Following her departure from Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades, Florida), Celebrity Ascent explores the Eastern Caribbean for the first time. The ship then sails to some of the most popular destinations in the region including Philipsburg St Maarten (Netherlands Antilles), St Thomas Island USVI (Charlotte Amalie, US Virgin Islands), Puerto Plata-Amber Cove (Dominicana).
Following her maiden voyage, Ascent is making round-trip cruises from Celebrity’s Terminal 25 at Port Everglades every Sunday, sailing through the islands on 7-night Eastern & Western Caribbean itineraries. Eastern Caribbean cruises visit San Juan (Puerto Rico), Tortola (British Virgin Islands), and Basseterre (St. Kitts and Nevis), while Western Caribbean voyages take guests to the ports of Nassau (Bahamas), Cozumel, and George Town.
Celebrity Ascent is to be joined by her Edge-Series sisters, Apex and Beyond.
Starting November 2023, Celebrity Apex is scheduled to embark on rotating 7-night Eastern & Western Caribbean itineraries. Setting sail from Fort Lauderdale guests can visit Eastern Caribbean islands, including San Juan, Philipsburg St Maarten, St Thomas, and Puerto Plata. Apex also takes guests to the Western Caribbean with calls in Key West, Grand Cayman (George Town), and Belize.
Celebrity Beyond is due to sail on 9-, 10-, and 11-night cruises to the Southern Caribbean, including overnights in Oranjestad Aruba (Netherlands Antilles). A shorter voyage on Beyond takes passengers on a 6-night trip to Bimini Islands (Resorts World Bimini Bahamas, Bailey Town), the retreat of choice for Ernest Hemingway.
Celebrity Silhouette is returning to the Southern Caribbean and the Bahamas with itineraries ranging between 4-11 nights. For the first time since 2011, Silhouette will call at Scarborough, the main city on the island of Tobago.
For those wishing to celebrate Mardi Gras, Celebrity Constellation offers a 12-night voyage departing from Tampa (Florida USA) that starts with a double overnight in New Orleans (Port NOLA) for Fat Tuesday, prior to taking guests on a journey in Belize, Mexico (Cozumel), and Honduras.
Celebrity Equinox and Celebrity Reflection round out the offerings via 6-night Western Caribbean and 8-night Eastern Caribbean sailings, which includes calls at the Dutch island Kralendijk Bonaire (Netherlands Antilles), where the official bird of the isle, the flamingo, is spotted on many of the white-sand beaches.
Australia New Zealand 2022-2023-2024 programs
In February 2021 was announced Celebrity Eclipse's Australia and New Zealand 2022-2023 winter season. The program (September 2022 thru April 2023) is based on 5- to 18-night itineraries (19 total) with departures from homeports Sydney NSW Australia and Auckland NZ. The voyages include the themed "Food and Wine Classics", "Five Star Getaways", "Sun and Beach Escapes", plus the Great Barrier Reef.
Celebrity's 2022-2023 Australian season features overnight ports (Adelaide, Hobart Tasmania, Cairns), longer port stays (8 pm departures), maiden port call (Port Arthur Tasmania), Auckland to Fiji voyage (January 2023), 3x South Pacific Island hoppers (to Vanuatu, Fiji, New Caledonia), Transpacific relocation voyages (RepositionCruises.com) between Honolulu Hawaii and Sydney NSW.
In September 2021 was announced that for season 2023-2024 (December thru April) Celebrity Edge will be deployed in the South Pacific (Australia and New Zealand) with homeporting in Sydney NSW and Auckland NZ.
- A total of 12 itineraries (6- to 13-nights in length) visit 22 different ports.
- Some of the voyages are without call ports (cruises to nowhere) themed as "Sun and Beach Escape", "Food and Wine Classic", "Five Star Getaway".
- Overnights are scheduled in the ports Auckland NZ, Cairns QLD, Hobart Tasmania.
- A new port for Celebrity Cruises is Penneshaw (Kangaroo Island).
- The "South Pacific Islands" itinerary visits islands in New Caledonia and Vanuatu.
Celebrity Edge Australia 2023-2024 bookings were opened for the general public on October 14, 2021.
Celebrity Cruises related cruise news
A couple of cruise lines canceled a series of calls to Bermuda in October & November 2022 due to the island's COVID testing requirements...September 16, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The new Celebrity Cruises' ship Celebrity Beyond is set to be the first to offer guests the use of Elon Musk’s Starlink internet. The...September 3, 2022
- Cruise Industry
RCG-Royal Caribbean Group (the world's second-largest cruise shipowner/after Carnival Corporation) announced it was planning to implement SpaceX...August 31, 2022
Passengers on the Alaska-bound Celebrity Cruises' ship Celebrity Eclipse finally got underway on Monday, August 29, nearly a day behind schedule, due...August 30, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in St Nazaire (France) has welded a ceremonial coin to a huge steel block forming the vessel’s keel...August 26, 2022
- Cruise Industry
RCI-Royal Caribbean International announced it will not require its passengers to be fully COVID-vaccinated on select voyages beginning September...August 11, 2022
RCI-Royal Caribbean announced it is canceling the European season of Serenade of the Seas previously scheduled for summer 2023. Serenade OTS...July 19, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises launched an industry-first collaboration with Houzz (American website specializing in interior design and decorating; landscape...June 30, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises announced it is offering no single supplements on 275+ voyages departing through the end of March 2023. The company will allow...June 29, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises will celebrate its complete 15-ship fleet come back when the ship Celebrity Infinity sets sail for the Caribbean from Fort...June 25, 2022
- show more news