Celebrity Summit current position
Current itinerary of Celebrity Summit
Celebrity Summit current cruise is 7 days, round-trip Bermuda. Prices start from USD 512 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 26 Jun, 2022 and ends on 03 Jul, 2022.
Specifications of Celebrity Summit
|Year built||2001 / Age: 21|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||90940 gt|
|Passengers||2158 - 2590|
|Decks with cabins||8|
|Sister-ships||Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Millennium|
|Former names||GTS Summit|
|Christened by||Paulina Rider Wilhemsen|
|Owner||RCG-Royal Caribbean Group (via RCCL-Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd)|
Celebrity Summit Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2022 Jun 26||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$512|
|2022 Jul 03||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$609|
|2022 Jul 10||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$526|
|2022 Jul 17||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$512|
|2022 Jul 24||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$512|
|2022 Jul 31||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$519|
|2022 Aug 07||12 days, one-way from New York to Reykjavik||New York|
|2022 Aug 19||12 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Boston||Reykjavik|
|2022 Aug 31||11 days, round-trip Boston, Maine Canada||Boston||$8714|
|2022 Sep 11||10 days, round-trip Boston, Maine Canada||Boston||$525|
|2022 Sep 21||12 days, round-trip Boston, Maine Canada||Boston||$8392|
|2022 Oct 03||12 days, round-trip Boston, Maine Canada||Boston||$835|
|2022 Oct 15||12 days, one-way from Boston to Miami||Boston||$1390|
|2022 Oct 27||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Miami||$392|
|2022 Oct 31||5 days, round-trip Grand Cayman Mexico||Miami||$347|
|2022 Nov 05||5 days, round-trip Key West Mexico||Miami||$488|
|2022 Nov 10||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Miami||$265|
|2022 Nov 14||5 days, round-trip Grand Cayman Mexico||Miami||$434|
|2022 Nov 19||5 days, round-trip Key West Mexico||Miami||$450|
|2022 Nov 24||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$512|
|2022 Nov 28||5 days, round-trip Cozumel Nassau Cruise||Miami||$442|
|2022 Dec 03||5 days, round-trip Key West Mexico||Miami||$407|
|2022 Dec 08||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$265|
|2022 Dec 12||5 days, round-trip Grand Cayman Mexico||Miami||$407|
|2022 Dec 17||5 days, round-trip Grand Cayman Cozumel||Miami||$422|
|2022 Dec 22||5 days, round-trip Grand Cayman Mexico Holiday||Miami||$501|
|2022 Dec 27||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$412|
|2022 Dec 31||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Holiday||Miami||$527|
|2023 Jan 04||5 days, round-trip Key West Mexico||Miami||$393|
|2023 Jan 09||5 days, round-trip Grand Cayman Mexico||Miami||$379|
|2023 Jan 14||5 days, round-trip Key West Mexico||Miami||$428|
|2023 Jan 19||4 days, round-trip Groove Cruise Miami||Miami|
|2023 Jan 23||5 days, round-trip Cozumel Nassau Cruise||Miami||$372|
|2023 Jan 28||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Miami||$409|
|2023 Feb 02||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$354|
|2023 Feb 06||5 days, round-trip Grand Cayman Mexico||Miami||$372|
|2023 Feb 16||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$354|
|2023 Feb 20||5 days, round-trip Grand Cayman Mexico||Miami||$414|
|2023 Feb 25||5 days, round-trip Ultimate Disco Cruise||Miami|
|2023 Mar 02||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$368|
|2023 Mar 06||5 days, round-trip Cozumel Nassau Cruise||Miami||$386|
|2023 Mar 11||5 days, round-trip Key West Mexico||Miami||$400|
|2023 Mar 23||7 days, round-trip Flower Power Cruise||Miami|
|2023 Mar 30||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$390|
|2023 Apr 03||5 days, round-trip Grand Cayman Mexico||Miami||$560|
|2023 Apr 08||5 days, round-trip Key West Mexico||Miami||$542|
|2023 Apr 13||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$424|
|2023 Apr 22||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas Cruise||Miami||$398|
|2023 Apr 26||10 days, one-way from Miami to New York||Miami||$734|
|2023 May 06||9 days, round-trip Bermuda Charleston||New York||$751|
|2023 May 15||10 days, round-trip Bermuda Charleston||New York||$1058|
|2023 May 25||10 days, round-trip Bermuda Charleston||New York||$1140|
|2023 Jun 04||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$792|
|2023 Jun 11||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$807|
|2023 Jun 18||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$807|
|2023 Jun 25||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$837|
|2023 Jul 02||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$949|
|2023 Jul 09||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$919|
|2023 Jul 16||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$919|
|2023 Jul 23||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$919|
|2023 Jul 30||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||New York||$919|
|2023 Aug 06||12 days, one-way from New York to Reykjavik||New York||$1206|
|2023 Aug 18||12 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Boston||Reykjavik||$1386|
|2023 Aug 30||11 days, round-trip Boston, Maine Canada||Boston||$988|
|2023 Sep 10||11 days, round-trip Boston, Maine Canada||Boston||$939|
|2023 Sep 21||11 days, round-trip Boston, Maine Canada||Boston||$939|
|2023 Oct 02||11 days, round-trip Boston, Maine Canada||Boston||$1148|
|2023 Oct 13||10 days, one-way from Boston to Miami||Boston||$823|
|2023 Oct 23||3 days, round-trip Nassau Bimini||Miami||$181|
|2023 Oct 26||4 days, round-trip Nassau Bimini||Miami||$177|
|2023 Oct 30||5 days, round-trip Bahamas Mexico||Miami||$211|
|2023 Nov 04||5 days, round-trip Bahamas Mexico||Miami||$410|
|2023 Nov 09||4 days, round-trip Nassau Bimini||Miami||$376|
|2023 Nov 13||5 days, round-trip Bahamas Mexico||Miami||$410|
|2023 Nov 18||5 days, round-trip Bahamas Mexico||Miami||$410|
|2023 Nov 23||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Miami||$524|
|2023 Nov 27||5 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$410|
|2023 Dec 02||5 days, round-trip Bahamas Mexico||Miami||$410|
|2023 Dec 07||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$425|
|2023 Dec 11||5 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$410|
|2023 Dec 16||5 days, round-trip Bahamas Mexico||Miami||$419|
|2023 Dec 21||5 days, round-trip Bahamas Mexico Holiday||Miami||$509|
|2023 Dec 26||4 days, round-trip Nassau Bimini||Miami||$475|
|2023 Dec 30||5 days, round-trip Bahamas Mexico Holiday||Miami||$627|
|2024 Jan 04||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Miami||$355|
|2024 Jan 08||5 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$379|
|2024 Jan 13||5 days, round-trip Bahamas Mexico||Miami||$379|
|2024 Feb 15||4 days, round-trip Nassau Bimini||Miami||$355|
|2024 Feb 29||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$355|
|2024 Mar 04||5 days, round-trip Bahamas Mexico||Miami||$379|
|2024 Mar 09||5 days, round-trip Bahamas Mexico||Miami||$379|
|2024 Mar 14||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$355|
|2024 Apr 01||5 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$298|
|2024 Apr 06||5 days, round-trip Bahamas Mexico||Miami||$258|
|2024 Apr 11||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$234|
|2024 Apr 15||7 days, round-trip Grand Cayman Mexico||Miami||$515|
Celebrity Summit Review
Review of Celebrity Summit
The 2001-built Celebrity Summit cruise ship is the third of the Millennium-class Celebrity liners, with sisterships Constellation, Infinity, Millennium. Celebrity Cruises Summit ship was scheduled for "Celebrity Revolution" drydock refurbishment on March 23, 2019.
History - construction and ownership
Celebrity Cruises was founded in 1988 as the Greece-based Chandris Line (cruise shipping operations between 1974-1996). In 1997, Royal Caribbean International (RCI) merged with "Celebrity Cruises Ltd" to become "Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd" (RCCL). The "X" on ship funnels is the Greek letter chi (standing for "Chandris"). Common features of Celebrity Cruises ships include aft located glass-walled dining rooms, signature alternate dining venues, bars and lounges, spacious Atrium lobby areas, a large number of balcony staterooms, large sundecks with swimming pools, The Retreat (adults-only sundeck with full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi, cabanas, poolside full bar service). Rooftop Terrace (top-deck outdoor lounge-restaurant-cinema), large Spa (with Thermal Suites), premium retail shops selling top-brand merchandise.
The 2200-passenger ship Celebrity Summit was built by Chantiers de l'Atlantique (shipyard in St Nazaire France) and launched as "GTS Summit" for Celebrity Cruises and renamed to "Celebrity Summit" in 2008. The Summit ship features a special restaurant with original panels and ornamentation from SS Normandie, including the bronze statue "La Normandie" bought in 2001 from Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami, Florida.
Decks and Cabins
Celebrity Summit staterooms (1079 total, in 28 grades) include 50x Suites, 573x Balconies, 244x Oceanviews, 212x Inside cabins. Most staterooms are sized 170 ft2 / 16 m2. Around 60% of all passenger accommodations have a private step-out balcony. Most cabin balconies are sized 40 ft2 / 4 m2. Wheelchair-accessible cabins are 26. The largest are the Penthouse Suites (1430 ft2 / 133 m2 with wraparound terrace sized 1100 ft2 / 102 m2).
The boat has 12 passenger decks, of which 8 are with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The 2-level Cosmopolitan Restaurant has sophisticated decor that is accented by the 7-foot-high bronze statue La Normandie, of a woman who is draped like the goddess Athena. This statue, created by Art Deco sculptor Leon-Georges Baudry, originally graced the smoking room in the legendary SS Normandie. The dining room has a sweeping staircase specially created for grand entrances on formal nights. It also boasts a 2-level glass wall with panoramic views. Blu is exclusive to guests sailing in AquaClass cabins. It features modern decor and spa-inspired cuisine. The restaurant features lighter dishes and smaller portions of what you typically find in the MDR or buffet. On the casual front, the Oceanview Cafe serves buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It provides various carving stations, pasta dishes, pizza, antipasti, made-to-order omelets, and internationally inspired dishes, including British bangers and Indian curries.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Summit restaurants and food bars.
- Normandie Restaurant (134-seat reservations only specialty restaurant; offers French and American cuisine, Five Senses tasting menu, Champagne High Tea Time, with Demonstration Kitchen for live cooking shows and Wine Cellar annex). In 2016, the Normandie Restaurant was replaced by Tuscan Grille - steakhouse offering fresh (on the ship made) pasta, Italian cocktail menu, Italian wines list, premium meats (including oven-roasted USDA dry-aged steak).
- Cosmopolitan Restaurant (1,111-seat aft Dining Room, with open seating Breakfast 8:00-9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00-1:30 p.m., Afternoon Tea 4:00-5:00 p.m., and two fixed Dinner seatings - at 6:00 and 8:30 p.m.)
- Bistro on Five (60-seat creperie all-you-can-eat restaurant; offers lunch and dinner with table-side service)
- Blu (102-seat AquaClass passengers only restaurant, reservations required; also serves Suite guests upon availability)
- AquaSpa Cafe (122-seat complimentary Solarium and Spa bar, self-service; offers healthy food choices for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Waterfall Cafe & Grill (679-seat indoor/outdoor self-service buffet restaurant, complimentary; open between 6:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, with a variety of food stations)
- Mast Bar (alfresco burger bar, poolside; offers complimentary lunch)
- Qsine (84-seat dinner only specialty restaurant; reservations recommended)
- In 2016, on deck 12 was added the Rooftop Terrace - a multi-functional venue with modular furniture and cabanas. It is operated as an outdoor bar lounge during the day. By night, Rooftop Terrace is transformed by decorative lighting, and on its large LED screen are showcased movies and other entertainment. The unique open-air experience is combined with food options available for purchasing. Signature dishes are presented in unique serving vessels themed after the cruise itinerary destination or the special occasion.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The atmosphere onboard Celebrity Summit is calm and sophisticated. Guests have no chance to miss the magnolia garden and the swimming pools (outdoor and indoor). As a special surprise, the vessel has teamed up with Cirque du Soleil for a nice sea experience. As part of this experience, in the evening people onboard are invited to enter into another world of sounds, visual effects, and mystical lights, to taste specialty drinks and hors-d'oeuvres. The gym equipment is at the top level, and there are also 16 treatment rooms. Ship's Aquadome and Riviera include 4 swimming pools, 2 air beds, 6 whirlpools, a bandstand, dance floor, sun shop, and buffet for post-swim snacks. There are basketball and football fields, table tennis and volleyball, as well as golf simulator and jogging track.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Summit lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Summit Theatre (900-seat show lounge for grand musical and show productions; hosts daily trivia games, bingo, classes, movies)
- Summit Atrium “Grand Foyer” (3-deck open floor area with live music entertainment)
- Michael’s Club (piano bar); Martini Bar; Crush Bar (with a 12-seat table filled with ice cubes in the middle)
- Photo Gallery & Shop
- Summit Fortunes Casino
- Celebrity iLounge (24-hour Internet cafe/computers room; sells Apple computers; classes available)
- Rendez-Vous Lounge & Nightclub
- The Emporium shopping alley (Atrium boutique shops for duty-free alcohol and tobaccos, watches, luxury jewelry, accessories, fashion clothing, logo items)
- Cafe Al Bacio & Gelateria (63-seat a la carte specialty coffee, patisserie, ice cream; with the Gelateria - Italian Gelato ice cream bar)
- Cellar Masters (24-hour Wine Bar; features an Enomatic wine tasting system; provides Sommelier consultations in the evenings)
- Art Gallery; Library; Cinema
- Acupuncture Treatments Room; Aquaspa & Fitness complex with Persian Garden (Thermal Suite - rain shower, steam room, sauna, heated loungers), Therapy and Treatment Rooms, Hair & Beauty Salon, Solarium (adults area) and Aquaspa Cafe (spa bar)
- Fitness Center (with separate Aerobics area)
- Solarium Pool area (with adults-only Thalassotherapy Pool and seawater lap pool; 2 Whirlpools)
- Waterfall Pool area (with Splash Pool for kids and 4 Whirlpools, outdoor pool bar, served by the Pool Grill)
- Sunset Bar (alfresco bar, selling fine cigars)
- Revelations Lounge (observation lounge during the day, show lounge & dance club in the evening)
- Kids clubs by age (Fun Factory 3-11 yo, Shipmates 3-5 yo, Cadets 6-8 yo, Ensigns 9-11 yo, with supervised age-appropriate activities, like arts-crafts, themed parties, games, movies, toys, interactive games, scavenger hunts)
- X-Club (teen-only disco and lounge area); Video Games Arcade
- Tennis Tables, Shuffleboard; Power Walking/Jogging Track; Multi-sports outdoor court; Sun Deck area.
Celebrity Summit itinerary program is based on 7-day Caribbean roundtrips with departures from San Juan Puerto Rico. During summer, the ship cruises to Bermuda leaving from NYC (Cape Liberty, New Jersey). The liner also cruises to Canada-New England on Fall Foliage voyages.
In 2017, Summit inaugurated the Bermuda voyages from Bayonne NJ and a 9-day Canada-New England itinerary. In 2018, the ship was homeported in Fort Lauderdale. Caribbean itineraries included 4-day roundtrips to Key West and Nassau, and 5-day roundtrips to Key West and Cozumel Mexico, with several sea days.
In 2019, the liner started a North American season with an expanded cruise program including 19 destinations in 7 different countries. The ship also offers more in-port hours at record 56 stops, docking in 39 call ports for over 12 hours. New 10-day itineraries in summer 2019 visit USA's historic Charleston SC and Bermuda. A new 7-day itinerary visits Bermuda with Newport RI and also circles Liberty Island. In August, the Summit ship offers transatlantic two crossings between North America and Europe. The 14-day itineraries are from New York to Dublin, then the westbound from Dublin to Boston. Both voyages visit Greenland (company's first time) - Prins Christian Sund and Qaqortoq. Following the summer season, the ship is homeported in Boston for 12-day Canada and New England Fall Foliage cruises.
Celebrity Summit's 2023 itinerary program (August thru October) is based on 11-night itineraries (one-ways from homeports Boston MA USA and Quebec City) visiting port destinations in New England and Canada. The voyages include the maiden for the fleet port Rockland ME and overnight stays in Quebec City. Follows a program with roundtrips to Bermuda (Royal Naval Dockyard in King's Wharf) with 7-9-10-night roundtrips from New York (Port Cape Liberty Bayonne NJ/NYC), some of which visit Newport RI, Charleston SC, Martha's Vineyard Island (Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts). After Bermuda (August 2023) are scheduled two 12-night itineraries visiting Iceland and Greenland - eastbound from NYC and the reverse/westbound from Reykjavik (Iceland).
Celebrity Summit - user reviews and comments
Photos of Celebrity SummitAdd Photo
Celebrity Summit ship related cruise news
The US Coast Guard (USCG) medevaced 2 crew suffering from chemical burns onboard a Celebrity Cruises ship off of Virginia Beach on Wednesday, June 1...June 3, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises announced Caribbean 2023-2024 deployment and the addition of its newest ship - Celebrity Ascent. The program is based on 8 vessels...February 19, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises revealed its brand-new itineraries for 2023 on the fully-refurbished ship Celebrity Summit. The program (August thru October...December 4, 2021
Royal Caribbean cruise ship's security services have discovered 69.5 pounds of cocaine onboard the vessel last week. They've turned over the haul to...June 14, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises announced it is changing the ship sailing summer voyages from Philipsburg (St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles). An email sent to...June 6, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises announced its return to Alaska, beginning July 23, 2021. The summer program is based on 7-night roundtrip itineraries from Seattle...May 24, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises announced plans to operate Alaskan voyages in 2021 with the ship Celebrity Summit. Beginning July 23, the newly-renovated boat has...May 22, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The RCG-Royal Caribbean Group's brand Celebrity announced 2022-2023 Caribbean Winter Season based on 8 ships. Celebrity's Caribbean fleet...January 22, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The insolvent Pullmantur Cruises might resume operations at the end of next year. Two Millennium-Class vessels from Celebrity Cruises could operate...November 27, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The premium travel brand Celebrity Cruises announced an updated 2021-2022 winter program for the Caribbean, South America and Europe. The new...November 18, 2020
- show more news
Other Celebrity Cruises cruise ships
Celebrity Summit Wiki
Celebrity Cruises Summit ship is one of company's Millennium-class liners, with sisterships Constellation, Infinity, Millennium. Originally named "GTS Summit", this is the 3rd Millennium-class vessel with inaugural cruise/maiden voyage on October 1, 2001.
The Summit cruise ship was extensively drydock refitted and refurbished ("Solsticized") in January 2012. During the 3-week long drydock, all public spaces and staterooms were renovated, 60 cabins and 107 AquaClass cabins were added. AquaClass passengers have free access to the specialty restaurant Blu and Persian Garden's thermal suite. They also enjoy Hansgrohe spa showers in the cabin bathrooms. Among the other Solstice-class upgrades were the replacement of Champagne Bar (with Martini Bar), Qsine replaced the Conservatory Lounge, Internet Cafe is now iLounge.
Fun fact about the Summit ship is that its main restaurant is decorated with original SS Normandie (1932-built ocean liner) ornamentation and panels, including the "LA NORMANDIE" (bronze statue) bought from Fontainebleau Hotel in 2001.
Celebrity Summit refurbishment 2019 review
Ship's March 2019 drydock (done in Freeport Bahamas) resulted in the following changes:
- The vessel received company's new color scheme (hull and superstructure).
- All passenger staterooms were redesigned (via partnership with Hirsch Bedner Associates USA, and Kelly Hoppen UK) for a boutique hotel feel. All cabins were upgraded with "Celebrity eXhale" bedding (cashmere mattresses), electronic locks (RFID technology), Xcelerate (fast Internet), Bluetooth capabilities.
- The completely redesigned Qsine Restaurant was added. It offers "Le Petit Chef" (virtual dining-entertainment experience) created by Skullmapping and presented by TableMation Studios - exclusively for Celebrity Cruises.
- Main Dining Rooms, Oceanview Cafe (buffet restaurant) and Sunset Bar were redesigned and upgraded with new textures and finishes.
- The SPA was upgraded with an expanded SEA Thermal Suite.
- Retail shopping was expanded with new brands - including Hublot (luxury Swiss watches) and Shinola (luxury watches, jewelry, premium leather goods).
- Luminae Restaurant (Suites-only) was redesigned and new custom-made menus (by chef Cornelius Gallagher) were introduced.
- Added was The Retreat (adults-only sundeck) with full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi whirlpool, private cabanas, padded loungers, poolside bar service (food and drinks).
- Most public venues (including all bars and lounges) were renovated, including Passport Bar (Atrium lobby bar lounge) and Gastrobar (serving 40+ craft beers).
- The refurb project was supervised by Trimline (UK).
Summit became fleet's 2nd liner (after Millennium) upgraded by the "Celebrity Revolution" fleet renovation program - budgeted USD 500 million and scheduled for the period 2019-2023.