Celebrity Infinity current position
Specifications of Celebrity Infinity
|Year built||2001 / Age: 20|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||90940 gt|
|Passengers||2170 - 2604|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Sister-ships||Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Summit|
|Former names||GTS Infinity|
|Christened by||Solveig Wilhelmsen|
Celebrity Infinity Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Aug 02||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$1599|
|2021 Aug 09||11 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$2299|
|2021 Aug 20||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$1999|
|2021 Aug 30||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$1999|
|2021 Sep 09||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$2199|
|2021 Sep 19||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$2199|
|2021 Sep 29||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$2199|
|2021 Oct 09||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$1999|
|2021 Oct 19||11 days, round-trip Western Mediterranean||Barcelona||$1599|
|2021 Oct 30||8 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$899|
|2021 Nov 07||7 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$999|
|2021 Nov 14||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$999|
|2021 Nov 21||10 days, round-trip Best of Spain Portugal||Lisbon||$1699|
|2021 Dec 01||12 days, one-way from Lisbon to Rio de Janeiro||Lisbon||$999|
|2021 Dec 13||9 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires||Rio de Janeiro||$999|
|2021 Dec 22||12 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso||Buenos Aires||$1999|
|2022 Jan 03||13 days, one-way from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires||Valparaiso||$1599|
|2022 Jan 16||14 days, round-trip Antarctica||Buenos Aires||$2199|
|2022 Jan 30||14 days, round-trip Antarctica||Buenos Aires||$2599|
|2022 Feb 13||14 days, round-trip Antarctica||Buenos Aires||$2299|
|2022 Feb 27||12 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso||Buenos Aires||$2049|
|2022 Mar 11||12 days, one-way from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires||Valparaiso||$1999|
|2022 Mar 23||10 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires||$1719|
|2022 Apr 02||13 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Lisbon||Rio de Janeiro||$1199|
|2022 Apr 15||9 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$1499|
|2022 Apr 24||11 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$1699|
|2022 May 05||10 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$1599|
|2022 May 15||11 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$1749|
|2022 May 26||10 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$1699|
|2022 Jun 05||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$1199|
|2022 Jun 12||7 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$1199|
|2022 Jun 19||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$1299|
|2022 Jun 26||7 days, round-trip Italy, Croatia, Greece||Venice||$1299|
|2022 Jul 03||7 days, round-trip Italy, Croatia, Greece||Venice||$1299|
|2022 Jul 10||8 days, round-trip Italy, Croatia, Greece Cruise||Venice||$1499|
|2022 Jul 18||6 days, round-trip Italy, Croatia, Greece||Venice||$1099|
|2022 Jul 24||7 days, round-trip Italy, Croatia, Greece||Venice||$1299|
|2022 Jul 31||7 days, round-trip Italy, Croatia, Greece||Venice||$1299|
|2022 Aug 07||7 days, round-trip Italy, Croatia, Greece||Venice||$1299|
|2022 Aug 14||7 days, round-trip Italy, Croatia, Greece||Venice||$1299|
|2022 Aug 21||7 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$1299|
|2022 Aug 28||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$1299|
|2022 Sep 04||7 days, round-trip Italy, Croatia, Greece||Venice||$1299|
|2022 Sep 11||7 days, round-trip Italy, Croatia, Greece||Venice||$1199|
|2022 Sep 18||7 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$1199|
|2022 Sep 25||8 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$1199|
|2022 Oct 03||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$1399|
|2022 Oct 12||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$1599|
|2022 Oct 22||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$1399|
|2022 Oct 31||9 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$1399|
|2022 Nov 09||9 days, round-trip Canary Islands Spain||Barcelona||$1399|
|2022 Nov 18||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$1499|
|2022 Nov 28||14 days, one-way from Lisbon to Rio de Janeiro||Lisbon||$1599|
|2022 Dec 12||9 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires||Rio de Janeiro||$1299|
|2022 Dec 21||12 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso||Buenos Aires||$2199|
|2023 Jan 02||12 days, one-way from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires||Valparaiso||$2199|
|2023 Jan 14||14 days, round-trip Antarctica||Buenos Aires||$2699|
|2023 Jan 28||14 days, round-trip Antarctica||Buenos Aires||$2699|
|2023 Feb 11||14 days, round-trip Antarctica||Buenos Aires||$2749|
|2023 Feb 25||14 days, round-trip Antarctica||Buenos Aires||$2649|
|2023 Mar 11||12 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso||Buenos Aires||$2299|
|2023 Mar 23||12 days, one-way from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires||Valparaiso||$2299|
|2023 Apr 04||9 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires||$1499|
Celebrity Infinity Review
Review of Celebrity Infinity
The 2001-built Celebrity Infinity cruise ship is the second Millennium-class liner, together with the fleetmates Constellation, Millennium and Summit. Celebrity Cruises Infinity ship was "Celebrity Revolution"-ized drydock refurbished in February-March 2021.
History - construction and ownership
Celebrity Cruises was founded in 1988 as the Greece-based Chandris Line (cruise shipping operations between 1974-1996). In 1997, Royal Caribbean International (RCI) merged with "Celebrity Cruises Ltd" to become "Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd" (RCCL). The "X" on ship funnels is the Greek letter chi (standing for "Chandris"). Common features of Celebrity Cruises ships include aft located glass-walled dining rooms, signature alternate dining venues, bars and lounges, spacious Atrium lobby areas, a large number of balcony staterooms, large sundecks with swimming pools, The Retreat (adults-only sundeck with full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi, cabanas, poolside full bar service). Rooftop Terrace (top-deck outdoor lounge-restaurant-cinema), large Spa (with Thermal Suites), premium retail shops selling top-brand merchandise.
The 2170-passenger ship Celebrity Infinity started with novelty special features like a 2-story Library, a retro ocean liner-themed restaurant and a lovely bank of all-glass sea view elevators. Amenities and new tech things like grass cover and solar power, as well as line's basic dedication to art, natural woods, and sleek Scandinavian styling, make Celebrity Infinity stunningly elegant. Celebrity Cruises considered that a significant problem with Infinity was a recurring pod propulsion issue on the Millennium-class vessels that led to a number of cancelled and shortened cruises. In 2010, Celebrity's parent company RCCL settled a longstanding lawsuit with Rolls-Royce, one of the creators of the faulty pod system, for USD 65 million. An RCCL press statement from the time noted that the two companies have been "clever in improving the reliability of the design".
Cruise itinerary program
Decks and Cabins
Most Celebrity Infinity staterooms (1079 total, in 28 categories) are Balcony cabins (561). Almost 60% of all passenger accommodations have private step-out balconies. The ship has 26 wheelchair-accessible cabins and 50 Suites. The largest are the Penthouse Suites (1430 ft2 / 133 m2 plus 1100 ft2 / 102 m2 terrace).
The boat has 13 decks, of which 11 passenger-accessible and 7 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Trellis Restaurant is Celebrity Infinity's main dining room. It offers formal breakfast, brunch on one of the sea days, lunch on select days, and dinner. The highlight of the 2-tiered restaurant is its huge, paned showcase window, extending from floor to ceiling. The Oceanview Cafe is ship's buffet restaurant, situated aft on the pool deck. Tea, coffee, and juices are available 24 hours a day. Food is served from 6:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. Set up in one long U, the buffet also has three stations that are hidden away at the back, and are easy to miss: these sections feature different from the regular buffet offerings. The Pool Grille is forward of the buffet and offers veggie burgers, hamburgers and hot dogs from 12 noon to 6 pm.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Infinity restaurants and food bars.
- Tuscan Grille (130-seat specialty steakhouse restaurant which during 2015 refurbishment replaced the SS United States (reservations-only, at a surcharge; dinner-only - 6-10 pm, with Mediterranean cuisine). The Tuscan Grille steakhouse offers fresh (on the ship made) pasta, Italian cocktail menu, Italian wines list, premium meats (including oven-roasted USDA dry-aged steak).
- Trellis Restaurant (1,150-seat aft Dining Room, with open seating Breakfast 8:00-9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00-1:30 p.m., Afternoon Tea 4:00-5:00 p.m., and two fixed Dinner seatings - at 6:00 and 8:30 p.m.)
- Bistro on Five (60-seat creperie all-you-can-eat restaurant; offers lunch and dinner with table-side service)
- Blu (98-seat AquaClass passengers only restaurant, reservations required; also serves Suite guests upon availability)
- AquaSpa Cafe (116-seat complimentary Solarium and Spa bar, self-service; offers healthy food choices for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Oceanview Cafe & Grill (650-seat indoor/outdoor self-service buffet restaurant, complimentary; open between 6:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, with a variety of food stations)
- Mast Bar (alfresco burger bar, poolside; offers complimentary lunch)
- Qsine (86-seat dinner only specialty restaurant; reservations recommended).
- In 2015, on deck 12 was added the Rooftop Terrace - a multi-functional venue with modular furniture and cabanas. It is operated as an outdoor bar lounge during the day. By night, Rooftop Terrace is transformed by decorative lighting, and on its large LED screen are showcased movies and other entertainment. The unique open-air experience is combined with food options available for purchasing. Signature dishes are presented in unique serving vessels themed after the cruise itinerary destination or the special occasion.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Celebrity Infinity guests tend to be well-traveled adults in the 45 to 65 age range. The Celebrity adventure is ideal for the "baby boom" generation. Most of the customers are North American, with Britain and other European nations included. The modern Infinity Theater is where most of the entertainment action takes place onboard Celebrity Constellation. The banquet-style seats are quite comfortable for the hour-long programs. The 2-tiered theater is 3 decks high and hosts Vegas-style productions, focusing on pop and Broadway hits. Other evening headliners include musical acts, veteran singers and comedians. Evening entertainment elsewhere onboard emphasizes on music. Bands in the Rendezvous Lounge perform the '40s and '50s jazz standards, pop songs, and other danceable classic hits. The Reflections venue serves as an observation lounge and a quiet place for craft and dance classes by day.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Infinity lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Infinity Theatre (900-seat show lounge for grand musical and show productions; hosts daily trivia games, bingo, classes, movies)
- Infinity Atrium “Grand Foyer” (3-deck open floor area with live music entertainment)
- Cinema (also used as Conference Center)
- Michael’s Club (piano bar); Martini Bar; Crush Bar (with a 12-seat table filled with ice cubes in the middle)
- Photo Gallery & Shop
- Infinity Fortunes Casino
- Celebrity iLounge (24-hour Internet cafe/computers room; sells Apple computers; classes available)
- Rendez-Vous Lounge & Nightclub
- The Emporium shopping alley (Atrium boutique shops for duty-free alcohol and tobaccos, watches, luxury jewelry, accessories, fashion clothing, logo items)
- Cafe Al Bacio & Gelateria (72-seat a la carte specialty coffee, patisserie, ice cream; with the Gelateria - Italian Gelato ice cream bar)
- Cellar Masters (24-hour Wine Bar; features an Enomatic wine tasting system; provides Sommelier consultations in the evenings)
- Art Gallery; Library
- Aquaspa & Fitness complex with Persian Garden (Thermal Suite - rain shower, steam room, sauna, heated loungers), Therapy and Treatment Rooms, Hair & Beauty Salon, Solarium (adults area) and Aquaspa Cafe (spa bar)
- Fitness Center (with separate Aerobics area)
- Solarium Pool area (with adults-only Thalassotherapy Pool and seawater lap pool; 2 Whirlpools)
- Breezes Pool (with Splash Pool for kids and 4 Whirlpools, outdoor pool bar, served by the Pool Grill)
- Sunset Bar (120-seat, alfresco bar, selling fine cigars)
- Infinity Lounge (observation lounge during the day, show lounge & dance club in the evening)
- Kids clubs by age (Fun Factory 3-11 yo, Shipmates 3-5 yo, Cadets 6-8 yo, Ensigns 9-11 yo, with supervised age-appropriate activities, like arts-crafts, themed parties, games, movies, toys, interactive games, scavenger hunts)
- X-Club (teen-only disco and lounge area); Video Games Arcade
- Tennis Tables, Shuffleboard; Power Walking/Jogging Track; Multi-sports outdoor court; Sun Deck area.
Celebrity Infinity - user reviews and comments
Photos of Celebrity InfinityAdd Photo
Celebrity Infinity ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Navantia Shipyard (in Cadiz Spain) received the Celebrity Cruises' ship Celebrity Infinity for conventional drydocking scheduled to last 16 days...February 18, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises is due to sail the 2022 European Summer Season with 6 of its award-winning liners, including its newest Edge Class vessels...December 16, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The insolvent Pullmantur Cruises might resume operations at the end of next year. Two Millennium-Class vessels from Celebrity Cruises could operate...November 27, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The premium travel brand Celebrity Cruises announced an updated 2021-2022 winter program for the Caribbean, South America and Europe. The new...November 18, 2020
- Cruise Industry
In one of the largest cruise ship crew repatriations amid the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, around 1500 crew from USA (Miami Florida) and European...June 18, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Beginning on Friday, June 12, and ending on June 28, a total of 11 cruise ships will call at Port Mumbai India to disembark 10,000+ Indian crew stuck...June 13, 2020
A crew has died on Celebrity Infinity, and two crew have been medevaced (airlifted) from Oasis of the Seas. Both cruise liners are passenger-free...April 3, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises unveiled its 2021-2022 season, during which its 14 liners will visit more than 280 destinations in nearly 75 countries across 7...February 3, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises unveiled their 2021-2022 season of sailings onboard 14 cruise ships that are scheduled to visit more than 280 destinations in 75...December 13, 2019
- Cruise Industry
The voyage featuring 96 hours non-stop electronic music, Groove Cruise Miami 2020, announced the lineup of artists for the trip between January 9-13...August 26, 2019
- show more news
Other Celebrity Cruises cruise ships
Celebrity Infinity Wiki
Celebrity Cruises Infinity is from company's Millennium-class liners, with sisterships Constellation, Millennium, Summit. Infinity is the second Millennium-class vessel (maiden voyage on March 3, 2001) and was initially named "GTS Infinity".
The Infinity ship was for the first time drydock refurbished in 2007. The added new amenities included Oceanview Cafe, Bistro on Five, Cafe al Bacio, Cellar Masters (wine restaurant). The decoration and all the carpets were changed with trendy ones. Infinity's second renovation (November 2011) was in Freeport Bahamas. New "Solsticized" amenities included iLounge (computer lab), new restaurants (Qsine, Blu, Bistro on Five/creperie), new cabin balconies.
Celebrity Infinity refurbishments review
The vessel's last drydock was in 2021 February (at Navantia Shipyard in Cadiz Spain). The 16-day drydocking involved mainly general maintenance and technical works - new valves, new propellers and stabilizers, new sliders and sonars (echo sounders), hull and superstructure cleaning-repainting (excluding decks with passenger facilities-cabins), propulsion system revision, lifeboats inspection.
On Sports deck 12 a new relaxation and entertainment area was added (aft location) named Rooftop Terrace (taking some space from the sundeck area at the stern). Rooftop Terrace is a multi-functional venue with modular furniture and cabanas. It is operated as an outdoor bar lounge during the day. By night, Rooftop Terrace is transformed by decorative lighting, and on its large LED screen are showcased movies and other entertainment. The unique open-air experience is combined with food options available for purchasing. Signature dishes are presented in unique serving vessels themed after the cruise itinerary destination or the special occasion.
On Plaza deck 3, the "SS United States" restaurant was replaced by "Tuscan Grille" (steakhouse). The Tuscan Grille restaurant offers fresh (on the ship made) pasta, Italian cocktail menu, Italian wines list, premium meats (including oven-roasted USDA dry-aged steak). Also on Plaza deck 3 a new office for "Future Cruise Sales" was built (separate from the Captain's Club) and a new portrait studio was added. The Cinema was redesigned to function also as Conference Center.
On deck 5 a new retail store was added. On deck 11 was added the Qsine restaurant. Renovations were done to the Casino (on Promenaded deck 4) and to the adults-only complex Solarium (on Lido deck 10). Both areas received new furniture and flooring. Also on the Lido deck, the pool area and the AquaSpa Cafe were renovated. In the Casino, the theme decoration was removed.
Major renovations were done to all Suite accommodations categories Royal Suites and Penthouse Suites, including new furniture and amenities upgrades. Among the changes are the upgraded bathrooms (marble surfaces, comfortable seats, new lighting system), new carpeting, new drapes, new bed linens.
The 2015-2016 Celebrity Cruises refurbishment project also includes the sister-ship Celebrity Summit (scheduled dry-dock in February-March 2016) and cost the line a total of USD 16 million.
The list of deck plan changes after the November 2011 drydock refurbishment included:
- 60 new passenger cabins were added.
- 107 balcony rooms were upgraded to AquaClass category Spa cabins.
- The balconies of all Sky Suites (mini-suites) were updated and refurbished.
- Celebrity iLounge (Apple Computers reseller, Internet place, enrichment classes)
- Bistro on Five (creperie) was added on deck 5. In 2016 was renamed to "Sushi on Five".
- On Promenade Deck 4 (midship starboard, in the Grand Foyer area) were added two new bars - Martini Bar and Crush Bar.
- Michael's Club menu was upgraded with 60+ craft beers.
- The Wi-Fi was upgraded to shipwide coverage.
- On Lido Deck 10, the pool deck's sunbathing area was refurbished with new sun loungers. New gym equipment was installed in the fitness.
Major renovations were done to all passenger cabins and public areas (flat TVs, carpeting, tiling, furniture, upholstery, etc).
Celebrity Infinity User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review