Mykonos Island is one of Cyclades Islands (Greece, Aegean Sea), located in archipelago's center. The Cyclades form a circle surrounding the sacred Delos Island. Group's larges island is Naxos. Mykonos Island has total area approx 105 km2 (41 ml2) and population around 10,000, most of whom live in isle's main and biggest port town Mykonos (on the western coast).
Port's peak cruising season is in May and September. Mykonos Airport is located approx 4 km (2,5 ml) southeast of the town and serves domestic (year-round) and international flights (summer only). The island is also accessible via tour boats and ferries.
High-speed ships offer daily passenger shipping services from mainland Greece (Piraeus-Athens, Rafina, Thessaloniki, Kavala), and Crete (Heraklion, Rethymno). Fast ferries connect Mykonos with the surrounding islands Paros, Santorini (Thira), Syros, Tinos, Andros, Naxos, Folegandros, Sifnos, Ios, Amorgos (Katapola), Koufonisi, Milos, Serifos, Skiathos, Chios, Ikaria (Evdilos, Agios Kirikos), Samos (Karlovassi), Kimolos, Sikinos, Lesbos (Mytilene), Limnos, Kythnos, Patmos.
Most inter-island ferry services are provided by Hellenic Seaways. Other Greek companies include Minoan Lines, Blue Star Ferries, Sea Jets, Golden Star Ferries, Cyclades Fast Ferries. After the island is named the ship Nissos Mykonos.
Mykonos Town (Chora) was named following the Greek practice to name island's principal town after the isle itself. Local economy is heavily based on tourism. The island is famous worldwide for its vibrant nightlife and also for being a gay-friendly destination with several major establishments catering to LGBT communities
As cruise port, Mykonos is Cyclades' second most popular island destination - after Santorini. The town features as tourist attractions narrow curving streets, gorgeous blue-colored cube houses, white windmills. There are numerous operational windmills around the isle, but most are in Chora. Kato Mili (lower mills) stand in a row on a hill overlooking the sea.
Mykonos Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Mykonos Island dock (anchor) at Mykonos - port town on the western coast. Mykonos cruise ship terminal is located at Tourlos. It is near Agios Stefanos beach. The distance to Mykonos Town (Hora) is 1.2 miles (3.5 km). There are shuttle buses to the town center. You can also catch a taxi from the taxi square on the Mykonos waterfront. The walking distance is about half an hour.
Mykonos cruise port dock at Tourlos serves only smaller cruise ships. Larger vessels anchor in the bay and the passengers are tendered ashore by boats. Mykonos cruise port tender dock is in the old harbour. It is within walking distance from the town center.
The closest airport is located 6 km from Mykonos cruise port terminal and 3.5 km from the tender dock.
Mykonos cruise port is in the itineraries of most of the major cruise lines including Norwegian Cruise Line, Costa Cruises, Royal Caribbean International, Holland America Line, MSC Cruises, Cunard, Pullmantur Cruises, Princess Cruises, Windstar Cruises, Crystal Cruises, SeaDream Yacht Club, Oceania Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, Silversea and Regent.
Mykonos Island tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Petros the Pelican: Petros is the official Mykonos’s mascot since 1954. The first “Petros” was found in the area after a storm. The bird left its migrating and became resident of Mykonos. It lived there for over 30 years. Now, the spirit of Petros is found in his predecessor around the seafront.
- Windmills: they date from the 16th century and are among the most popular landmarks.
- Little Venice: this is the nickname of the western town part (near the sea). All the buildings in the area are constructed at the edge of the sea. The verandas are overhanging the seawater.
- Paraportiani: located near the entrance of the harbour. The transalation of the name is ” inner or secondary door.” Parapotiani comprises five smaller churches. The first was built in 1475.
- Delos: the small island is among the top archaeological sites in Greece. It is a national museum. You can reach it by ferry from Mykonos cruise port old dock. The voyage takes around one hour.
- Beaches: the beaches of Mykonos are like taken from romantic novel. Among the most popular are Ornos Beach (7 km from Mykonos cruise port terminal, 4 from the tender dock), Agios Ioannis Beach (8 km from Mykonos cruise port terminal, 5 from the tender dock) and Paradise Beach (9 km from Mykonos cruise port terminal, 6.3 from the tender dock)
Port Mykonos Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Mykonos Island, Greece. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|15 March, 2019|
|18 March, 2019|
|22 March, 2019|
|25 March, 2019|
|29 March, 2019|
The Mykonos Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Mykonos Island, Greece.
If you lose the Mykonos Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
- Cruise Industry
Greek ferry crews on Monday, September 3, decided to extend for at least 1 more day a strike which left tens of thousands of travelers stranded on...September 3, 2018
- Cruise Industry
For the first time in 10 years, a ferry service was launched on Saturday, June 30, connecting Thessaloniki (northern Greece) with Crete and the...July 1, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Taking place on multi million Royal Caribbean ship Jewel of the Seas, the unique party cruise "Anchored" (unique-cruise.com) takes place from June 11...July 21, 2016
- show more news