Blue Star Mykonos ferry current position
Blue Star Mykonos ferry current location is at Aegean Sea (coordinates 39.67594 N / 25.39202 E) cruising at speed of 22.4 kn (41 kph/ 26 mph) en route to LMOIXVKFIMTS-PIRAEUS. The AIS position was reported 1 hour ago.Current Position
Specifications of Blue Star Mykonos ferry
|Year built||2005 / Age : 15|
|Builder||Elefsis Shipbuilding (Eleusis, Greece)|
|Class||fast cruiseferry (Ro-Ro ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Pireus (Athens) to Greek Islands|
|Owner||BLUE STAR FERRIES|
|Operator||BLUE STAR FERRIES|
|Speed||28 kn / 52 kph / 32 mph|
|Length (LOA)||141 m / 463 ft|
|Beam (width)||21 m / 69 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||7882 gt|
|Sister-ships||Nissos Chios (Blue Star Chios)|
|Former names||Nissos Mykonos|
Blue Star Mykonos ferry Review
Review of Blue Star Mykonos ferry
MV Blue Star Mykonos ferry (fka Nissos Mykonos) is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Greece-based company BLUE STAR FERRIES. The ship has a max capacity of 1915 passengers and 418 cars. The vessel was launched in 2005 and currently operates on the mainland Greece to Greek Islands ferry route Piraeus-Syros-Tinos-Mykonos-Ikaria-Samos (crossing time 9 hours).
As cruise ferry, Blue Star Mykonos has 31 cabins, all of which are air-conditioned, with en-suite bathrooms and a total of 104 berths. The cabins can sleep up to 4 passengers, and are both inside (2- and 4 bunk beds) and outside (1 double bed).
The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (for disabled passengers). There are also passenger lifts, ramps, and specially designed WCs.
The ship has dedicated "Pet Cabins" with linoleum flooring. For reasons of hygiene, dogs are not allowed in other indoor areas of the ship (restaurants, bars, lounges). Pets can travel only in cabins or in special cages. Dogs always must be leashed and muzzled and under passenger's personal supervision.
Ferry's Reserved Seating Lounge is equipped with large TV and reclining Pullman seats (comfortable, fully reclining leather armchairs). Reserved seats are available for pre-booking. These deals are inclusive of complimentary beverages (tea, coffee, soft drinks). The Lobby Bar Lounge is furnished with comfortable leather sofas and chairs and round tables.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Blue Star Mykonos ship offers:
- Accommodation options include passenger cabins, Reserved Lounge seats (leather recliners), Lobby Bar seating. All lounges are fitted with large TVs.
- Dining options include Self-Service Buffet Restaurant (full menu, single courses, kids-vegetarian-healthy meals, traditional local dishes), Bar-Cafeteria (patisserie - pastries, cakes, drinks, snacks, sandwiches), Outdoor Bar (grill, cocktails, beers, sundeck barbecues), chocolate and ice-cream parlor.
- BARS: Rainbow bar, Aegean bar, Atrium bar lounge (sandwiches, cakes, pastries, fruit salads, yogurt, ice cream, hot/cold drinks, flat TVs)
- LOUNGES: Aegean lounge, Central Lounge, Panorama Lounge, Privilege Lounge, Rainbow Lounge
- Children's Room (video games)
- Shopping Center (gifts, souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, leather goods, toys, confectionery, clothing, cameras, sunglasses, jewelry), shopping promotions
- Wi-Fi service, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception)
- Wi-Fi and Internet are available at extra cost. Mobile phone chargers and Ipad rentals are also offered.
- Luggage Compartments - luggage lockers are available in the ship's passenger lounge and are accessible throughout the voyage.
- Solarium (sundeck sunbathing area)
Blue Star Ferries offers Lounge seats in categories Super Economy, Special Economy, and Economy.
All Blue Star ships are equipped with CCTV cameras with image recording. Wi-Fi and Internet are available at extra cost. Mobile phone chargers and Ipad rentals are also offered. All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Smoking anywhere inside the ships (all indoor public areas and in all cabins) is not permitted. Smoking is allowed only outdoors, at designated areas on open decks.
Pets on the ship
The ship provides Pet Cages (upon booking, pet cage's type must be indicated).
For pet owners, all large Blue Star cruise ships offer 2 types of cages - small cage (max height 50-75 cm/pets less than 30 kg) and large cage (max height 70-90 cm/pets over 30 kg). Passengers can also bring their own pet carriers.
Cage pricing is fixed (per voyage) and varies depending on the ferry route. Valid health cards for pets are required. Under no circumstances, pets are allowed out of their cages/carriers during the crossing.
During embarkation and disembarkation, dogs must be leashed and muzzled. Passengers with pets always disembark last.
Blue Star ferry deals
- Bicycles are ferried free of charge.
- On all Greek Islands routes, the company offers 20% "Special Economy" ticket discount, EUR 20 pp "Super Economy" ticket discount, 15-20% cabin discount (all staterooms) and 20-30-50% ticket discount for SeaSmiles (loyalty program) members. All these special offers are for Piraeus departures only.
- On Greece to Crete routes (Piraeus to Heraklion), the company offers discounted cabin plus car packages. These packages are valid for one-way crossings only and booking a full cabin (grades A2, A3, A4, AB2, AB3, AB4). A 20% return ticket discount is also offered with each package.
All-year-round ticket discounts are offered for kids ages 5-10 yo (50%), kids ages 0-5 yo (travel free in Economy Class seat or at 50% / half price in cabin), students (50% for ISIC cardholders), Greek Domestic combined with Greece-Italy (30%), roundtrip Piraeus-Paros (20%, summer evening departures), ferry plus train travel (50% off seat tickets, 25% off cabin tickets - valid for FIP members / currently active personnel and their families, excepting July and August and LUX cabins).
All ferried vehicles must have documentation and valid insurance. Having a car's technical data sheet makes boarding checks easier. Upon booking, vehicle's model, length and height must be specified. Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Blue Star Ferries (founded in 2000, headquartered in Athens Greece, part of Attica Group) offers ferry services from mainland Greece to the Aegean Islands. It is the largest ferry company in Greece (sister-company is Superfast Ferries) and serves more than 20 island destinations. Blue Star Ferries current fleet includes the ships Blue Galaxy, Blue Horizon, Blue Star 1, Blue Star 2, Blue Star Delos, Blue Star Naxos, Blue Star Paros, Blue Star Patmos, Blue Star Chios (sistership), Blue Star Mykonos.
Blue Star Mykonos ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Blue Star Mykonos ferryAdd Photo
Other BLUE STAR FERRIES cruise ships
Blue Star Mykonos ferry Wiki
The liner is powered by four WARTSILA marine diesel engines (model 12V38, total power output 31,7 MW) and as propulsion has two CPPs (controllable pitch propellers).
The cruiseferry Nissos Mykonos was initially owned by HELLENIC SEAWAYS. In 2019, BLUE STAR FERRIES purchased the cruise ship and renamed it to "Blue Star Mykonos". It remained Greece-flagged (MMSI 240389000) being registered in Piraeus (Athens).
Blue Star Mykonos ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review