Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection fleet
Review of Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
The Ritz-Carlton cruise brand (officially "The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection", official website) is one of the cruising industry's ultra-luxury new companies (and trademarked travel brand) owned by Marriott International Inc. On June 22, 2017, the 5-star hotel brand Ritz-Carlton announced its private luxury cruise line, with a planned start of operations in 2019 and a 3-ship fleet (newbuilds), with an option to expand to 5 boats.
- In March 2020, due to shipbuilding delays, the cruise company's launch was postponed to April 22, 2021 (instead of February 1, 2020), when the first ship (Evrima) had to start the Maiden Voyage from Lisbon to Palma de Mallorca.
- In late-January 2021, the brand's inauguration date was again rescheduled - to July 24th (7-day from Venice to Piraeus-Athens). A total of 56 voyages (planned for 2020-2021 in Europe-Canada-Caribbean) were canceled.
- In late-August 2021, due to the Coronavirus crisis, the brand's inauguration was postponed through 2022, with the Evrima's Maiden Voyage rescheduled first to May 6th (from Lisbon) and later to August 6th (from Piraeus-Athens) and eventually October 15th (from Barcelona). The cancellations affected a total of 116 voyages originally planned for 2020-2021-2022.
All affected bookings were either rescheduled or full refunded (100% reimbursement of the fare paid). Independently booked flights and hotels were also fully reimbursed (for date changes or cancellation fees) and travel agents' commissions were protected (cruise-only commissions for all canceled voyages).
Company history and changes
Officially inaugurated in 2022, the Ritz-Carlton cruise company (based in Miami USA / Coconut Grove) operates a fleet of three ultra-luxury superyachts. The Yacht Collection venture is led by Douglas Prothero (CEO, Canadian Maritime Group's Founder) and Lars Clasen (Managing Director, former President of AIDA Cruises).
The company's other senior executives include:
- Jethro Beck (Senior Director of Marine Operations, a former employee of Holland America Line and Seabourn)
- Matthieu Godard (Culinary Director, former Executive Corporate Chef for Bistrot Bagatelle / French restaurant chain)
- Matthew Kiner (Senior Manager of Food and Beverage Department (working for Ritz-Carlton Hotels since 2010)
- Soren Krogsgaard (VP of Newbuilding and Marine Operations, former Senior Project Manager for Costa Asia)
- Mario Martinez (Manager of Purchasing, former Silversea employee), Laura McCauley (Manager of Quality and Training, former Assistant Director of Human Resources for Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman)
- Celine Moore (Manager of Enrichment)
- Reena Vadher (Senior Manager of Procurement) served as sales manager with MSC and RCI-Royal Caribbean.
- Brian Swensen (Newbuild Manager for the Evrima Project)
- Kristian Anderson (VP Global Sales) was formerly employed by Qatar Airways (VP of Sales), Silversea (SVP & General Manager for the Americas), Uniworld (EVP Global Sales).
- Karen Shiers (Senior Director MICE Sales /meetings, incentives, conferences, exhibitions) was previously employed by Merlin Entertainments.
Ritz-Carlton cruise line's Culinary Director is Matthieu Godard (pastry chef) who oversees the brand's culinary activities and menus. Lee Goble is the brand's Executive Chef who manages the fleet's culinary teams.
The Ritz-Carlton's cruise brand targets travelers familiar with The Ritz-Carlton hotel brand, as well as Asia's booming luxury cruising market. As fleet size, vessel capacity and shipboard amenities, the cruise line is in direct competition with the top-luxury brands Ponant (Artemis), RSSC-Regent (NCLH-Norwegian), NYV-Norwegian Yacht Voyages and Scenic (main competitors), SeaDream, Windstar (Anschutz Corporation). About 5% of cruise industry's multi-billion dollar business (USD 126 billion total economic impact in 2018) belongs to luxury brands.
The Ritz-Carlton's cruise shipping investment is currently undisclosed. What is known so far is that much of it was financed by the global alternative investment firm Oaktree Capital Management. The firm is experienced in both the hospitality and maritime sectors.
In November 2017, Ritz-Carlton signed an agreement with Rescompany Systems for the implementation of Central Reservations Solution. The cruise booking engine is developed by Rescompany Systems LTD. Its modules provide custom booking solutions for package deals - cruise, tour, hotel, air.
In March 2019, Ritz-Carlton signed a deal with SES Networks (Luxembourg-based company specializing in satellite communications and network services) to provide fleetwide fully-managed hybrid broadband connectivity for network-enabled enrichment and entertainment media. SES Networks' maritime package combines the low latency of O3b MEO satellites ("medium earth orbit") with the coverage of geostationary SES satellites.
In December 2019, Ritz-Carlton Cruises and Oaktree Capital Management (part of Oaktree Capital Group Holdings) signed a deal to finance the Spanish shipbuilder Astilleros Barreras in order to ensure the delivery of Ritz-Carlton's first ship (Evrima). The cruise company also signed with CESCE (Spanish ECA-Export Credit Agency) to cover newbuild's cost overruns and to secure the second ship's construction. This way, the shipyard was also saved from bankruptcy. Due to the shipyard's financial difficulties, Evrima's delivery was delayed and postponed several times (from November 2019 to August 2022).
In May 2021, Ritz-Carlton launched the "Patron of the Arts Program" (complimentary), with special guests (celebrities as well as local talents) participating in pre-scheduled onboard events - themed on arts (visual and performing), science, literature, gastronomy (also culinary tastings).
In early-February 2022 was announced that Ritz-Carlton (via the subsidiary The Yacht Portfolio) had acquired the Hamburg-based company Sea Cloud Cruises GmbH (operating via the travel brand "Sea Cloud Cruises"), adding to the fleet the tall-sailing ships Sea Cloud (1931-built), Sea Cloud 2 (2000-built) and Sea Cloud Spirit (2021).
- The plan for the brand "Sea Cloud Cruises" was to remain, as well as the company's employees and management team (led by Hermann Ebel/Managing Director) to be kept intact.
- Later was revealed that only an LoI/letter of intent was signed between both companies, so an acquisition could take place in the future.
- The acquisition would expand the Ritz-Carlton brand's portfolio in the luxury "small-ship cruise" market.
In late-June 2022 with LVMH was signed an exclusive partnership deal for the shipboard retail shopping experience at "The Boutique" venue.
- LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton (1987-founded, Paris-based company part of Christian Dior SE) is a French corporation specializing in luxury goods. LVMH was established as a merger of Louis Vuitton (fashion house) with Moet Hennessy. Moet Hennessy was itself founded in 1971 as a merger of Moet & Chandon (champagne producer) with Hennessy (cognac producer).
- LVMH's products include ultra-premium brand clothing, footwear, cosmetics, perfumes, fashion accessories, watches, jewelry, spirits and wines.
- In 2021, LVMH was ranked Europe's most valuable company (USD 329B) with total assets EUR 125,3B and revenue EUR 64,2B.
- For The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, LVMH also provides exclusive (Ritz-Carlton-branded) merchandise, including apparel, home goods, travel essentials.
Ritz-Carlton's onboard retail services are managed by Starboard Cruise Services (1958-founded, Florida USA-based) which is part of LVMH.
Originally was planned the three yachts to be identical/sisterships, with max passenger capacity 298, crew capacity 246, GT-tonnage/volume 26500 tons, LOA length 190 m (623 ft), staterooms 149 (all-balconied). However, the design was altered and with these specifications was constructed only the first boat (Evrima/by Tillberg Design Sweden).
Ritz-Carlton's superyachts are dubbed "anti-cruise ships". All passenger staterooms/balcony suites are with tall ceilings and include Duplex Suites and fore-located Owner Suites (each with a huge wraparound balcony with an outdoor Jacuzzi). Other cabin types include Signature Suites, Grand Suites, Loft Suites, with the majority being Terrace Suites. The Lofts are duplexes, with bedrooms on their lower level, built so that the vessel could be all-balcony. Terrace Suites are easily combined to reduce the number of accommodations when the ship is privately chartered.
The first ship (Evrima) is powered by MAN marine diesel engines, while the other fleetmates (Ilma, Luminara) are LNG-powered. The electric propulsion consists of two ABB Azipods. Both units (Azipod D) are 360-degree azimuthing thrusters ideal for smaller-sized vessels as they require lower installed power.
- Unit's electric drive motor is installed in the pod and submerged outside the hull, thus allowing more space for passenger cabins. The patented Azipod system also produces less vibration. The thrusters have the ability to turn 360 degrees which increases the ship's maneuverability and allows access to ports without the need of tugboat assistance.
- The Azipods are part of ABB's medium voltage power plant. It also includes sensors producing real-time data that can be tracked from land-based facilities operated by both ABB Operations Centers and the customer.
- The Azipod thruster is approx 10% more fuel-efficient in comparison to shaft line propulsion systems. This results in a significant reduction of vessel's operating costs and emissions. The lack of traditional rudders also allows the hull's hydrodynamics to be optimized.
- "ABB Ability" is a remote diagnostic system using Microsoft Azure (cloud computing). It monitors the vessel's electrical systems and is connected 24-7 to ABB's infrastructure ashore. The system monitors all linked devices and sends real-time data analytics for maintenance (predictive and planned) and online support.
In late-September 2018, ABB contracted Raytheon Anschutz (Singapore-based manufacturer) to provide the ship's Integrated Navigation System "Synapsis NX" (bridge and navigation equipment). Synapsis NX includes autopilot, track control, radars, navigation sensors, communications, multifunctional navigation workstations (with software).
Evrima's shipbuilder was Astilleros Barreras Shipyard (Vigo Spain). The keel-laying ceremony for the first vessel ("Yacht 1"/fka Azora) was held on January 11, 2018. The special ceremony was attended by Jose Garcia Costas (shipyard's Chairman and President), Fredrik Johannson (Tillberg Design's owner), Timothy Grisius (Marriott International's Global M&A and Real Estate Officer), Douglas Prothero (cruise company's Managing Director).
The first ship (Evrima) was initially scheduled for delivery in November 2019. Bookings were opened in May 2018. On May 30, 2019, Ritz-Carlton announced the start of the construction of its second ship.
On March 17, 2022, Ritz-Carlton signed the order with the French shipbuilding company Chantiers de l'Atlantique (shipyard in Sant-Nazaire France) for two LNG-powered superyachts - Ilma (2024) and Luminara (2025). Unlike the Spain-built Evrima, the France-built sisterships Ilma and Luminara are larger as both gross-tonnage/volume (46750 GT-tons, compared to Evrima's 26500 GT-tons), cabins (228 vs Evrima's 149), and max passenger capacity (456 vs Evrima's 298).
Onboard Experience - shipboard facilities and amenities
The yacht cruising experiences include:
- Unique cruise itineraries around the world
- Modern, thoughtfully designed interiors
- Ultra-premium dining (5 venues), including specialty dining by celebrity chef Sven Elverfeld (3 Michelin stars) who presides over Ritz-Carlton's "Aqua" restaurant in Wolfsburg Germany, MDR (140-seat main dining room designed with nooks to look like 10 small-sized restaurants), Asian fusion restaurant, poolside grill, seafood grill. Intimate dining and drinking venues are with small seating capacity and opened around the clock (no assigned seats or fixed dining times). Passengers can eat whenever they want, rather than the traditional set meal times which are customary on other cruises.
- Other social spaces include the Living Room (the arrival space onboard), serving as a cafe and library. No show lounge or casino are available onboard.
- The Champagne Bar is an intimate cocktail lounge serving top labels from around the world along with premium Champagnes with caviar pairings.
- The Humidor is an intimate lounge with fine, hand-rolled cigars and premium cognacs.
- Destination-based activities (onboard performances by local artists, musicians), itinerary-based gourmet cuisine (including dishes prepared by local chefs). Onboard entertainment includes live performances (jazz and classical) and professional (expert-led) lectures and media presentations. During each voyage, local talent (artists, guest lecturers or chefs) join for various entertainment throughout the trip. Wi-Fi is free.
- Premium amenities (such as Ritz-Carlton Spa). The spa is operated by Ritz-Carlton and has indoor/outdoor treatment rooms, each of them with its own private balcony. Guests are able to pick if they wish a treatment inside or out. There is also a medical wellness center, full-service Beauty Lounge, and a Gentleman's Grooming Salon. The fitness is an indoor/outdoor spot with equipment inside, yoga and relaxation spaces outside.
- The ship has whirlpools, as well as deep and shallow pools. An infinity-style pool is located aft, with a current within for exercising (resistance swimming). The ship also features a marina-style watersports platform (aft-location), providing direct access to the water. It is also used for open-air parties and events. A selection of water toys is available for guests to use.
- Glass doors open to the sweeping staircase leading to the pool deck (located at the aft / on the ship's stern). At the marina are the yacht's sea kayaks and paddleboards. The connection to the outdoors continues with an indoor/outdoor solarium which looks more like a cozy lounge than the usual ship solarium.
- An aft-located open-air deck space (Marina Bar) with 270-degree panoramic views and covered by a retractable glass roof. It is operated as al fresco dining lounge by day and as a disco nightclub in the evening.
- Above Sun Deck is the Helideck with a helipad (helicopter landing area used in case of emergency). The initial ship design included an onboard helicopter (to be used for private tours).
Due to fire and safety regulations, most of the onboard spaces are sectioned off and subdivided, with walls dividing restaurants from lounges and bars. Ritz-Carlton ships pioneer an open floorplan concept ("fluid and transparent") designed to "break down the traditional boundaries between dining and drinking areas".
Ritz-Carlton cruise prices include staterooms, multiple onboard dining venues, activities and live entertainment, tips (onboard gratuities), Wi-Fi. Fares vary by season and itinerary.
Ritz-Carlton's cruise loyalty program (Marriott Bonvoy)
Since November 9, 2021, Ritz-Carlton's "Yacht Collection" brand's loyalty program is part of The Ritz-Carlton-owned hotels' loyalty program. The announcement was made by David Flueck (Marriott International's Senior VP, Global Loyalty).
Trademarked "Marriott Bonvoy", it allows earning and redeeming points linked with the program's status. This means that the hotel brand's loyalists can benefit from receiving travel discounts, special promo offers and perks from the cruise line too.
- Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program members earn 5 points per US$1 spent on the cruise fare, as well as on the hotel package rate for participating hotels booked through the cruise company.
- Marriott Bonvoy members can redeem an initial 180,000 points toward a US$1000 savings on the cruise fare, and increments of 90,000 points may be redeemed toward a US$500 savings thereafter. Full redemption is also available.
- Marriott Bonvoy members receive one "elite night credit" per shipboard night toward achieving higher Elite status.
- For Marriott Bonvoy members striving for "Ambassador Elite" status, cruise fare and hotel package rate are applied toward their annual qualifying spend.
- Marriott Bonvoy members can accelerate the points earned on their cruise purchase and more when using their co-branded credit cards (JPMorgan Chase and American Express).
Marriott Bonvoy members can additionally extend their pre- and post-cruise vacations, redeeming points at Marriott-owned hotels in various destinations.
Marriott International (shipowner via Ritz-Carlton)
Founded in 1927, Marriott International is a US multinational corporation headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland (Washington DC metropolis). The company specializes in managing and franchising hotels, resorts and leisure lodging facilities. Its managing team is led by Bill Marriott (Executive Chairman) and Arne Sorenson (President and CEO). Marriott International is currently ranked the world's largest hotel chain, with 30 brands, 7900+ properties (1,333+ million rooms, 44000+ Homes and Villas) worldwide (in 138 different countries and territories/as of 2021).
(FY2018 statistics) Marriott International had revenue ~USD 20,75 billion, total assets USD 23,69 billion, ~177,000 employees. The main shareholder (25%) is the Marriott family.
The company's biggest brands are Marriott (Marriott Hotels and Resorts LLC), Starwood (Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide LLC/1969-founded), Ritz-Carlton (The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company LLC/1983-founded, 101 hotels), and Le Meridien (1972-founded/107 hotels).
Starwood additionally owns the brands St Regis Hotels, The Luxury Collection Hotels and Resorts, W Hotels, Sheraton Hotels (also Four Points by Sheraton), Westin Hotels and Resorts (also Element by Westin), Le Meridien Luxury Hotels and Resorts, Tribute Portfolio (independent hotels), Design Hotels, Aloft Hotels.
Other large luxury hotel brands owned by Marriott include Autograph Collection, Bulgari Hotels & Resorts, Fairfield Inn, JW Marriott, Gaylord Hotels, Renaissance Hotels, SpringHill Suites, TownePlace Suites.
In 1993, Marriott Corporation was split into the companies "Marriott International" and "Host Hotels and Resorts Inc" (acquired by Marriott Corporation in 1982).
In 1995, Marriott pioneered online hotel booking via the MARSHA platform (Marriott's Automatic Reservation System for Hotel Accommodations).
In April 1995, Marriott acquired a 49% stake in Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company LLC for USD 200 million (cash and assumed debt). In January 2015, Marriott acquired Delta Hotels (Canada). In September 2016, Marriott merged with Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc (1969-founded/2016-defunct). The acquisition cost USD 13 billion and resulted in 5700+ hotel properties with 1,1+ million rooms and 30 brands worldwide. Approx 2/3 of Starwood's revenues are from non-US markets.
In 1997, Marriott inaugurated the world's first hotel loyalty program (Marriott Rewards / renamed "Marriott Bonvoy" in 2019) allowing customers to earn points at limited-service hotels and redeem them at full-service hotels.
Itinerary of Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
Ritz-Carlton cruise itineraries range from 7- to 10-days and also include overnight ports of call. Doug Prothero (company's Managing Director) announced that the first ship (Evrima / fka Azora) will be seasonally deployed in Europe, Canada and New England USA, Caribbean, and Latin America, with Transatlantic crossings on seasonal relocation (RepositionCruises.com). The announcement included that the second ship will be deployed in Canada (St Lawrence River and Great Lakes, while the third ship will be based in the South Pacific.
The Ritz-Carlton yachts can also be privately chartered.
Ritz-Carlton offers the industry's first "cruise and land vacation" deals provided by a single operator. The deals include pre- and post-voyage stays in Ritz-Carlton hotels in port cities. The new brand's mega-yacht voyages combine Ritz-Carlton's resort experience with casual yachting vacation. The itineraries visit many unique locations not accessible to larger vessels.
In February 2022, to The Ritz-Carlton's cruise portfolio was added the Germany-based travel brand "Sea Cloud Cruises" and its 3-ship fleet of tall-sailing luxury yachts - Sea Cloud (1931-built), Sea Cloud 2 (2000), Sea Cloud Spirit (2021).
Inaugural cruise 2021 itineraries (canceled)
Ritz-Carlton's cruise fleet deployment as inaugural itineraries and shore excursions (in 5 categories) included (departure dates in 2021 were not announced) the following themes:
- "Christmas Cruise" (Caribbean) - ports St Barths, St Maarten, Martinique, Union Island
- "New Year Cruise" (Caribbean) - ports Jost van Dyke Island, Tortola Island, Antigua, Monserrat Island
- Caribbean Yachtman's Voyage - ports Scarborough, St Georges Grenada, Union Island, Canouan Island, Bequia
- "Christening Voyage" (Caribbean) - ports Dominican Republic (Samana, Santo Domingo), Puerto Rico (San Juan, Vieques), Nevis Island, Guadeloupe, Martinique (Fort-de-France)
- "Caribbean Yachtman's Voyage" (Caribbean) - ports Monserrat Island, Nevis Island, Norman Island, Tortola Island, St Barth Island
- "Caribbean Yachtman's Voyage" - ports Grenada (St Georges), Trinidad (Scarborough, Tobago Cays), Grenadines (Canouan Island, Union Island)
- "Transatlantic Repositioning Cruise" - from the Caribbean to Canary Islands (Las Palmas, Arrecife)
- "Greek Isles Cruise" - to the islands Kythira, Santorini, Mykonos, Nafplion
- "Monaco F1 Race" (Mediterranean - French Riviera) - ports Monte Carlo, Cannes, Calvi, Marseilles, Cassis
- "French Riviera Highlights" (Mediterranean) - ports Villefranche-Nice, Antibes, St Tropez, Roses
- "Balearic Islands Yachtman's Voyage" (Mediterranean) - ports Ibiza, Formentera, Mahon, Soller, Palma de Mallorca
- "Return Home" (Mediterranean) Vigo, Bilbao, Biarritz, Bordeaux
- "Baltic Highlights" (Baltic) - Copenhagen, Tallinn, St Petersburg (Russia), Mariehamn (Aland Islands), Stockholm
In April 2018, Ritz-Carlton pushed back its debut (brand inauguration) thru February 1, 2020, when the fleet's first superyacht (Evrima) was planned to depart on a 4-day cruise from Fort Lauderdale FL. Previously, the company announced starting operations in November 2019, with a planned inaugural cruise from PortMiami Florida to Key West FL and Bimini Bahamas. The scheduled Caribbean program (through March 28) was scheduled to end with a 12-day Transatlantic crossing (Barbados to Lisbon).
Ritz-Carlton's voyages 2021 were planned to visit 50+ seaports, premium yacht marinas, small port towns. Most were 7-nights in duration and specially designed to not repeat the same ports on B2Bs (back-to-back cruises). An extended 2021 Mediterranean season included ports in the Greek Isles and Cote d'Azur (French Riviera), while the Caribbean 2021 season grouped Martinique, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Barbados, Aruba, BVI-British Virgin Islands, and again ending with Eastern Canada and New England.
Ritz-Carlton's tour program ("Caribbean Shore Collection") is grouped into 5 categories - Active Explorations, Cultural Connections (wildlife), Iconic Sights (art and culture), Stirring the Senses (wellness), and Epicurean Experiences. Passengers enjoy dedicated Concierge Ashore service and extended port stays. These 5 shore excursion categories are created for various activity levels and interests of ship travelers. All excursions are highly personalized, with a relaxed pace and led by experienced local guides.
- Active Explorations tours are themed on outdoor adventures, like private sea kayaking off Reykjavik's coast or swimming with turtles in Tobago Cays.
- Cultural Connections tours are eco-themed - like spending a day helping to protect the natural environment or wildlife.
- Iconic Sights tours are culture-themed (history, architecture, music, etc) by destination.
- Stirring the Senses tours are wellness-themed and include sunrise/sunset yoga classes.
- Epicurean Experiences tours are culinary-themed - like learning to grow baby oysters in a private Sete France farm or visiting a winery in Bordeaux.
Concierge Ashore services include insider access to local attractions and exploring local communities with private guides.
Highlights of the Caribbean Shore Collection included a tour of Aruba Aloe (one of the world's first companies to manufacture skin and hair products with the plant) in Oranjestad Aruba, paired with an aloe-based treatment at Ritz-Carlton Spa Aruba. In Colombia was offered overland Bogota touring (overnight) with visits to mansions, museums, Monserrate (hilltop church), gourmet dining experiences (cooking class with local chef follows a trip to Plaza de Paloquemao / city's fruits and flowers market). In Belize, Ritz-Carlton sells a charter flight tour (out of Belize City) offering flightseeing over Lighthouse Reef (atoll part of the Belize Barrier Reef), Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve (Cayo District), Great Blue Hole (giant marine sinkhole). The plane then lands in the jungle at an exclusive resort for food and wine pairing (4-course lunch).
However, in late-August 2021, due to the Coronavirus crisis, all these programs were canceled through 2022, with Evrima yacht's Maiden Voyage eventually rescheduled for October 15th (departing from Barcelona).
In early-September 2020, Ritz-Carlton announced the company's winter 2022-2023 itineraries (November through April). The Evrima ship's program features 15 new call ports (including Golfito Costa Rica, Portsmouth Dominica, Puerto Quetzal Guatemala, Bocas Del Toro Panama) and longer port stays.
Spring and summer 2022 MS Evrima is deployed in the Western Caribbean and Bahamas, Bermuda, and the Mediterranean (including Holy Land / Israel and Cyprus). Themed voyages 2022 include Christmas Cruise (Dec 25 in Roseau Dominica), New Years' Eve Cruise (Dec 31 in Saint Barthelemy Island), Casablanca overnight (tour to Marrakesh Morocco), Monaco Grand Prix 2022 (Circuit de Monaco).
The 2023 Mediterranean cruise season spans from April through November, visiting 5 new ports, including Melilla (Spanish Morocco), San Sebastian de la Gomera (Canary Islands), Praia (Santiago Island, Cape Verde), Mindelo (Sao Vicente Island, Cape Verde), Catania (Sicily, Italy). The cruises offer an extended Mediterranean season, which is building upon the destinations featured in the 2022 itineraries like the Greek Isles, Adriatic Coast, French Riviera, and the Balearic Islands. Evrima’s itineraries promise more flexibility for passengers’ time on land, with overnights in Casablanca, Dubrovnik, Saint-Tropez, and more. Guests are able to explore the famed nightlife of Ibiza or the casinos of Monte Carlo (Monaco), take in the vibrant colours of the Amalfi Coast (Ravello, Italy), or swim in Comino’s Blue Lagoon of Malta.
Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection related cruise news
The new ultra-luxury cruise line brand - The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, on Friday announced it had pushed back the launch of its much-awaited...August 7, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection unveiled 2024 Mediterranean itineraries for the Evrima ship. With total 21 voyages, the extended...July 19, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Ritz-Carlton's new LNG-powered superyachts Ilma and Luminara will be equipped with state-of-the-art provision stores, galleys/kitchens, and...June 19, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The new cruising arm of luxury hotel chain Ritz-Carlton sent out emails to clients saying its 6-times-delayed first ship, the 298-passenger Evrima...June 12, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Port Bastia (Corsica France) welcomes a double call with tall-sail cruise ships Royal Clipper and...
Port Bastia (Corsica Island, France) welcomed a double ship call with Star Clippers' Royal Clipper and Ritz-Carlton's Sea Cloud. Both tall-sailing...June 7, 2022
- Cruise Industry
On April 10, Hapag-Lloyd Cruises' ship ms Europa made her way to the port of Bastia (Corsica France) for her first call of 2022. The busiest cruise...April 17, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The youngest windjammer/tall-sail ship in Germany will set course for Hamburg for the first time. Arriving from London, the new Sea Cloud Spirit is...March 27, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection announced a fleet expansion project with two new superyachts, Ilma and Luminara, scheduled for deliveries in 2024...March 18, 2022
Sea Cloud Cruises announced the line had cancelled this year’s Saint Petersburg (Russia) calls of its new ship Sea Cloud Spirit. The Hamburg...March 2, 2022
Citing ongoing labor and supply chain challenges created by COVID and the impact on building operations, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection announced...March 2, 2022
- show more news