Review of Uniworld
Here we list all Uniworld river cruise itineraries, travel destinations and departure ports. We have all the Uniworld ships' cruise schedules (sail calendar with dates and prices PP). Another feature is the Uniworld cruise tracking service integrated into each page. It shows on a map the boat's location now (current position on the river). Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection is located in LA California and operates a fleet of river cruise ships along the rivers in Europe, Russia, China, and Egypt. Uniworld river cruising line also has operational offices in France, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and China. The company is part of The Travel Corporation group, including businesses such as Contiki Tours and Trafalgar Tours.
Uniworld River Cruises
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection boasts a fleet of boutique-style river ships with an average capacity of 130 guests. Their cruise itineraries feature exceptional cuisine and top dining, custom shore excursions and outstanding service from all-English speaking staff.
After in 2004 the Travel Corporation acquired Uniworld, they fully refurbished and upgraded the existing fleet and also acquired new vessels. The most attractive is the 2014 S.S. Antoinette and S.S. Catherine as both have larger cabins, al-fresco dining, swimming pools with bars, marble bathrooms and "touch windows" that transform into balconies with a button touch. In 2013, seven of Uniworld boutique riverboats were listed in "Top 20 River Cruise Ships" of Travel + Leisure. The Number One spot was for River Countess.
What's included in your Uniworld ticket price? Soft drinks, beer, and wine during lunch and dinner, specialty tea and coffee bar, bottled water in all staterooms, a variety of dining options, local entertainment and signature lectures, airport transfers, most shore excursions (by English-speaking experts using Quietvox audio systems).
As for the Uniworld's tours and excursions ashore, an interesting alternative is that they can be personalized for either a "gentle" or an "active" physical level. Evening activities onboard Uniworld river ships are similar to the ones on other river lines and typically consist of local entertainers. Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection clientele are mostly senior North Americans and some Brits. The company also attracts 40+ passengers and each year successfully runs themed multi-generational family cruises.
U by Uniworld
At the end of 2016, Uniworld introduced a new cruise line brand named "U by Uniworld". The new brand was created specifically for younger travelers (aged between 18-40) - recreationally active and curious. It is operated with a fleet of two newly refurbished ships and offers longer port stays on the company's European river cruise itineraries.
- The new brand's fleet includes the 116-passenger sisterships THE A (launched 1999 as River Ambassador) and THE B (launched 1997 as River Baroness). The fully-renovated riverboats feature all-black exteriors, more contemporary interior design, communal tables for dining, onboard cocktail mixologists, onboard DJs.
- Sales started in March 2017, with bookings for 2018, when the new brand starts operations.
- "U by Uniworld" is operated with separate brochures, a new website (ubyuniworld.com) and separate pricing.
- U's product is tailored for cruisers ages 21-45 with fewer inclusions than the higher-priced sister line.
- The new line's social media campaign is hashtagged #AllAboutU, to collate requests and suggestions for Uniworld's new cruising vacation experience.
- Starting April 14, 2018, "U by Uniworld" ships offer 8-day cruises on Danube, Main, Rhine, and Seine rivers. The itineraries feature overnights and longer port stays in Amsterdam, Budapest, Paris, Vienna.
- "U by Uniworld" deals are inclusive of 2 gourmet meals per day, unlimited drinks (coffee and tea), wine and soft beverages (lunch and dinner), free Wi-Fi, gratuities. Prices start from USD 2500 (8-day THE A cruise) and USD 3000 (7-day River Baroness cruises on Seine River, leaving roundtrip from Paris to Normandy).
- The ships are renovated to have a gym, main lounge, rooftop lounge, coffee bar and 2 dining establishments (main restaurant and rooftop dining venue).
- There are 3 categories of cabins, which range from "I just need a comfortable place to sleep and stash my stuff" to "I'm going all out in a suite".
- Signature themed shipboard activities are outdoor yoga, classes (cooking, painting with wine, bar mixology), sundeck boutique bar lounge, "silent disco" (on the sun deck, passengers dancing with earphones on), themed excursions (Seine River kayaking, Budapest river rafting).
In January 2018, Luftner Cruises (aka Amadeus River Cruises) announced launching its own millennial-focused voyages in 2019. The 6-day cruise tours are on Rhine, Rhone, and Danube. Each voyage is hosted by a popular social media person and facilitates a themed program onboard. The programs are centered around trendy topics, such as healthy living, nutrition, diets, fitness. The campaign started in Spring 2018 with Luftner's newest boat Amadeus Provence.
Uniworld Cruise Experience
From its start in 1976, the Uniworld line ("Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection") has expanded its fleet and its market share, covering more than 20 countries and operating over 500 river itineraries annually. Uniworld cruises range in length from 7 days to 1 month. The line's worldly renowned boutique-hotel style vacations appeal to a wide variety of passengers and interests. Along with its primary operations in Central and Western Europe, the company works in partnership with major lines and travel groups in China, Vietnam, Egypt, and Portugal, to bring the Uniworld classic experience to other parts of the world.
- On all river cruising ships, whether newly built or refurbished, Uniworld's signature is a colorful and dynamic ambiance. All cabins and public rooms are furnished in high standards, with lush fabrics, original artwork and antiques nestled next to state-of-the-art flat-screen televisions, comfortable Savoir brand beds, and plush bathrooms.
- Service and cuisine are on a par with oceangoing luxury cruise ships, though, as riverboats are smaller, options like entertainment venues and alternative restaurants are less in number.
- Uniworld has moved towards all-inclusive river cruises, and most fares (excluding China, Vietnam, and Russia) include unlimited fine wine, spirits and beer, as well as gratuities for services on board and on shore, such as pre- and post-cruise extensions.
- Ticket prices include most of the shore tours. Some extra options, such as bicycling and wine tasting tours in Danube's Durnstein, are for a fee. Each Uniworld Cruises’ river ship carries a complimentary fleet of bicycles to be used by passengers while in call ports.
- While "big ship" entertainment options (Broadway-style productions and casinos) are not available, each evening provides diversions ranging from bands that play for dancing to local acts who come on board in ports of call.
The following YouTube video provides a review of the experience on Uniworld river cruises in Europe.
In 2018, the company launched an impressive onboard dining program with new options, including alternative and al-fresco venues, progressive dinners and farm-to-ship meals prepared with locally sourced ingredients. The new options were introduced on all "Super Ships" and offer passengers to enjoy 7-course meals with each course served at a different location on the boat. The experience starts with appetizers in the galley (ship kitchen) and ends with desserts on Sun Deck. Beverage and food menus vary (by destination, itinerary, season, chef) and include local craft beers, wines from nearby vineyards, special cocktails.
In late-October 2018, Uniworld announced company's plans to build 4 new riverboats - 1 for Russia (launch in 2021) and 3 other (launches in 2020) for cruises on Nile (SS Sphinx), Mekong (Mekong Jewel) and Douro (SS Sao Gabriel).
Itinerary of Uniworld
This section has links to all Uniworld cruise ships providing information on sailing schedules (dates and prices), current positions (cruise tracker) and also internal links to related review articles.
Uniworld's top luxury boats offer itineraries along the largest European and Asian rivers - including in China, Egypt and Russia. The company's operations include more than 20 countries with over 500 departures annually. The itineraries range from one week to a month.
Follows the list of all Uniworld ships and their itinerary regions:
- Ganges Voyager II (launched 2015) - a chartered luxury boat for India cruises on Ganges River
- Prince Abbas - Lake Nasser - Egypt
- THE A (launched 1993 as River Ambassador) - Rhine, Main, Danube - Holland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic
- THE B (launched 1994 as River Baroness) - Seine River - France, departures from Paris to Normandy
- River Countess (launched 2003)- Po River - Italy - in 2020 will be renamed "SS Venezia"
- River Duchess (launched 2003) - Rhine, Main, Danube - Holland, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia
- River Empress (launched 2001)- the Rhine, Main, Danube - Germany, Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic
- River Orchid (launched 2013)- Mekong River - Vietnam and Cambodia
- River Princess (launched 2001)- the Rhine, Main, Danube and "Christmas Markets" - Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia, Turkey
- River Queen (launched 1999) - Rhine, Main, Danube, "Christmas Markets" - Holland, Germany, Switzerland
- River Tosca (launched 2009) - Africa / Egypt cruises on Nile River
- River Victoria (launched 1982) - Volga River - Russia
- Queen Isabel - chartered for Spain and Portugal cruises on Douro River
- SS Antoinette (Super Ship, launched 2011) - Rhine River, "Christmas Markets" - Germany, Switzerland, France
- SS Catherine (Super Ship, launched 2014) - Rhone River - France river cruises in Burgundy and Provence leaving from Paris
- SS Joie de Vivre (Super Ship, launched 2017) - Seine River - France river cruises in Normandy leaving from Paris
- SS Maria Theresa (Super Ship, launched 2015) - Holland, Rhine, Main, Danube
- SS Beatrice (Super Ship, launched 2009 as "River Beatrice")- Danube River and "Christmas Markets" - Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary
- SS Bon Voyage (Super Ship. launched 2006 as "River Royale") - Garonne River - France river cruises from Bordeaux, "Food and Wine" themed
- SS Sphinx (2020) - Nile River (Egypt)
- RV Mekong Jewel (2020) - Vietnam and Cambodia
- SS Sao Gabriel (2020) - Douro River (Portugal)
- Century Legend and Century Paragon offer Yangtze River cruises in China. Both ships are privately-owned and operated by Viking under a charter. These riverboats are also chartered by other major European lines, like AmaWaterways, Avalon and Viking.
Uniworld's "Masterpiece Collection" (fly-cruise) itineraries
Uniworld's "Masterpiece Collection" ("flight and cruise" deals) was inaugurated in 2018.
- Deals applied to departure dates on selected 2018 river cruise tour itineraries, including the themed "Splendors of Italy", "Gems of Northern Italy", "Paris and Normandy", "Remarkable Rhine", "Legendary Rhine and Moselle", "European Jewels", "Bordeaux, Vineyards, and Chateaux".
- "Masterpiece Collection" cruise tour deals are all-inclusive packages with included scheduled airport transfers (to/from the riverboat), all onboard meals and beverages (including spirits and wines), gratuities, Wi-Fi, bicycles (on land tours), Nordic walking sticks, also onboard fitness classes and all guided shore excursions offered in each port city along the itinerary route.
- Uniworld's "Masterpiece Collection" cruise prices start at USD 3700 pp and vary by departure date and cruise tour itinerary. Fares are also inclusive of the flights (offered from several major airports in the USA). Fly-cruise deals can be upgraded to business class (prices start from USD 2500 pp).
U by Uniworld new itineraries 2019
U by Uniworld introduced a new itinerary in Northern France onboard The B, along with new onboard amenities and shore excursions across the fleet in 2019. Beginning on April 21, The B’s new 8-day itinerary, “Northern France at a Glance,” sails along Seine River with calls in Paris, Les Andelys, Vernon, Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, Rouen, Caudebec-en-Caux. The itinerary begins and ends on Sundays, allowing for passengers to spend Friday and Saturday nights in Paris.
During the 75th anniversary of D-Day, U by Uniworld takes passengers to Normandy’s beaches in order to celebrate the event with a visit to the American Cemetery for a memorial ceremony. Other new trips offered on the cruise include following the chef to Rouen’s market to choose ingredients for onboard dinner; climbing to the top of Etretat’s cliffs for views of France; tea time at Chateau du Champ de Bataille.
Cruise fares include accommodations, select excursions, daily farm-to-ship meals, 2 dedicated U hosts, rooftop fitness classes, onboard activities, and more.
The A offers its guests new “U Time” excursions along the Danube, Rhine and Main rivers in 2019. For example, passengers can swim, paddleboard or canoe in Ilz River close to the Danube bridge; visit WW II sites in Linz; hike to Germania Monument or through Regensburg; take a walking tour through Budapest to taste Hungarian street food and discover hidden gems; and more.
In addition to line’s inclusions, like mixology classes, paint, and wine, silent discos, drum circles, sunrise rooftop yoga, passengers can also enjoy new activities such as themed parties, karaoke nights, rooftop BBQs, giant board games, and more. For an additional cost, passengers can camp on ship's rooftop, complete with a breakfast picnic basket and nightcap cocktail; experience U Wine Talk; or buy a romance package for special occasions.
Uniworld cruise tracker
Our Uniworld cruise ship tracker is a function integrated into all Uniworld river cruise review pages. At page-bottom in each page, you'll find a map with the boat's current location (AIS position). All the real-time tracking data is provided by VesselFinder. It's all about convenience - you will find where is your Uniworld ship cruising today and right now along its current itinerary - in real-time!
Enjoy the "boutique luxury" river cruising on your Uniworld vacations!
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All river passenger shipping line companies and their fleets are listed there.
Uniworld related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The 6th ‘super ship’ to join the fleet of Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection made her debut in France on April 11. SS Bon Voyage...April 18, 2019
- Cruise Industry
The experiment of the Travel Corporation in a millennial-focused river cruise line took an unexpected turn, name change. Ellen Bettridge, Uniworld's...March 9, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Some of the most famous rivers in the world, including the Mekong in Vietnam and the Nile in Egypt, will become the playground for new river...February 9, 2019
- Cruise Industry
River cruise company U by Uniworld announced it will stop THE B's operation on Seine River after 2019, instead moving the boat to Central Europe...January 26, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Uniworld announced plans to build 3 new river cruise ships, due to launch 2020. The newbuilds will sail on Nile through North Africa, Mekong in Asia...October 19, 2018
- Cruise Industry
U by Uniworld introduced a new itinerary in Northern France onboard The B, along with new onboard amenities and shore excursions across the fleet in...September 10, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection launched a variety of impressive food experiences onboard its ships in 2018. New options range from...August 5, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection announced it will remove MS River Royale boat from service on October 28, 2018 and start extensive...July 28, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The new river cruise brand of Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection and The Travel Corporation, U by Uniworld, launched its 2nd ship, The A. The...April 19, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Uniworld revealed plans to upgrade 2 more of its river vessels to Super Ships next year, just in time for the inaugural voyage of its newly...April 7, 2018
- show more news