Review of Uniworld
This CruiseMapper page reviews Uniworld as river cruise itineraries, travel destinations, departure ports (homeports) and shipboard experience. We have all the Uniworld ships' cruise schedules (sail calendar with dates and prices PP). Another feature is the Uniworld cruise tracking service integrated into each page. It shows on a map the boat's location now (current position on the river).
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection (uniworld.com) is located in LA California and operates a fleet of river cruise ships along the rivers in Europe, Russia, China, Egypt and Brazil Amazon. Uniworld river cruising line also has operational offices in France, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and China. The company is part of TTC (The Travel Corporation) group, including businesses such as Contiki Tours and Trafalgar Tours.
Uniworld's current President and CEO is Ellen Bettridge.
IMPORTANT: In mid-October 2023, Uniworld announced a 3-year bareboat charter agreement with the German shipowner Seaside Collection GmbH & Co KG for two 2017-built boats marketed by the GHK-owned Crystal Cruises as "river yachts". Riverside Bach (fka Crystal Bach) starts Rhine River cruises for Uniworld in 2024 as "SS Victoria", while Riverside Mahler (fka Crystal Mahler) starts operations in 2025 as "SS Elisabeth". Both vessels (rebranded by Uniworld as "Super Ships"/SS) were part of the 4-ship Crystal River Cruises fleet which was acquired by Seaside Collection in 2022.
Note: Bareboat charter (aka demise charter) is a hire agreement with the shipowner providing the vessel's administration/crew, technical maintenance and fueling during the charter period. The charterer (Uniworld) obtains possession and fully controls the vessel (being responsible legally and financially for it) and pays for all operating expenses (including fuel, crew, port charges, insurance).
Uniworld River Cruises
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection boasts a fleet of boutique-style river ships with an average capacity of 130 guests. Their cruise itineraries feature exceptional cuisine and top dining, custom shore excursions and outstanding service from all-English-speaking staff.
After 2004 (when TTC-Travel Corporation acquired Uniworld) the company fully refurbished and upgraded the existing fleet and also acquired new riverboats. Among the newest are SS Antoinette (2011) and SS Catherine (2014) as both have larger cabins, al-fresco dining, swimming pools with bars, marble bathrooms and "smart windows" that transform into French balconies with a button touch. In 2013, seven Uniworld vessels were listed in "Top 20 River Cruise Ships" of Travel + Leisure. The top-ranked was River Countess (in 2020 renamed SS La Venezia).
Included in Uniworld's ticket prices are soft drinks, beer and wine (by the glass) during lunches and dinners, specialty tea and coffee bar (throughout the day), bottled water (in all staterooms), a variety of dining options, local live entertainment and themed lectures, airport-ship-airport transfers, most shore excursions (led by English-speaking experts using Quietvox audio systems).
As for the Uniworld's tours and excursions ashore, an interesting alternative is that they can be personalized for either a "gentle" or an "active" physical level. Evening activities onboard Uniworld river ships are similar to the ones on other river lines and typically consist of local entertainers. Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection clientele are mostly senior North Americans and some Brits. The company also attracts 40+ passengers and each year successfully runs themed multi-generational family cruises.
In April 2023, Uniworld introduced sustainable onboard dining options fleetwide, including new vegan and vegetarian menus. In 2021 was implemented the Leanpath system, which resulted in ~50% food waste reduction. By the company's sustainability plan were also eliminated all single-use plastics, and the bottled water (in all staterooms) was replaced with complimentary (keepsakes) reusable water bottles. Cabin access/key cards are now made from bamboo, and the in-cabin laundry bags are reusable.
U by Uniworld
At the end of 2016, Uniworld introduced a new cruise line brand named "U by Uniworld". The new brand was created specifically for younger travelers (aged between 18-40) - recreationally active and curious. It is operated with a fleet of two newly refurbished ships and offers longer port stays on the company's European river cruise itineraries.
- The new brand's fleet includes the 116-passenger sisterships THE A (launched 1999 as River Ambassador) and THE B (launched 1997 as River Baroness). The fully-renovated riverboats feature all-black exteriors, more contemporary interior design, communal tables for dining, onboard cocktail mixologists, onboard DJs.
- Sales started in March 2017, with bookings for 2018, when the new brand starts operations.
- "U by Uniworld" is operated with separate brochures, a new website (ubyuniworld.com) and separate pricing.
- U's product is tailored for cruisers ages 21-45 with fewer inclusions than the higher-priced sister line.
- The new line's social media campaign is hashtagged #AllAboutU, to collate requests and suggestions for Uniworld's new cruising vacation experience.
Since April 14, 2018, "U by Uniworld" ships offer 8-day cruises on Danube, Main, Rhine, and Seine rivers. The itineraries feature overnights and longer port stays in Amsterdam, Budapest, Paris City, Vienna.
"U by Uniworld" deals are inclusive of 2 gourmet meals per day, unlimited drinks (coffee and tea), wine and soft beverages (lunch and dinner), free Wi-Fi, gratuities. Prices start from USD 2500 (8-day THE A cruise) and USD 3000 (7-day River Baroness cruises on Seine River, leaving roundtrip from Paris to Normandy).
The ships are renovated to have a gym, main lounge, rooftop lounge, coffee bar and 2 dining establishments (main restaurant and rooftop dining venue). There are 3 categories of cabins, which range from "I just need a comfortable place to sleep and stash my stuff" to "I'm going all out in a suite".
Signature themed shipboard activities are outdoor yoga, classes (cooking, painting with wine, bar mixology), sundeck boutique bar lounge, "silent disco" (on the sun deck, passengers dancing with earphones on), themed excursions (Seine River kayaking, Budapest river rafting).
In January 2018, Luftner Cruises (aka Amadeus River Cruises) announced launching its own millennial-focused voyages in 2019. The 6-day cruise tours are on Rhine, Rhone, and Danube. Each voyage is hosted by a popular social media person and facilitates a themed program onboard. The programs are centered around trendy topics, such as healthy living, nutrition, diets, fitness. The campaign started in Spring 2018 with Luftner's newest boat Amadeus Provence.
In 2021, U by Uniworld introduces new experiences and inclusions (from airport transfers to offshore excursions) with 4 itineraries throughout popular port cities and towns, plus themed cruises tailored to the younger U cruisers. Inaugurated in 2021 is also "GenZ on U" (a family program created exclusively for teens and their parents) perfect to celebrate special occasions, birthdays, graduations, or simply connect as a family via unconventional experiences that both generations enjoy.
Following the 2020's debut of the themed "U in Drag" and "Tattoo on U" voyages, in 2021 was introduced Uniworld's first food-themed cruise (departure July 24) via partnership with Salvatore DiBenedetto (aka The GrubFather) sought after for his food photography and travel inspiration.
Since 2021, U by Uniworld cruise deals are inclusive of wine and beer by the glass (at lunches and dinners) and roundtrip airport transfers. Also complimentary are 3x daily meals (with locally sourced ingredients), 2x U Hosts (dedicated staff / destination experts), daily shore excursions, local DJ performances (on the boat's rooftop bar lounge), all gratuities, shipwide Wi-Fi.
Uniworld Cruise Experience
From its start in 1976, the Uniworld line ("Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection") has expanded its fleet and its market share, covering more than 20 countries and operating over 500 river itineraries annually. Uniworld cruises range in length from 7 days to 1 month. The line's worldly renowned boutique-hotel style vacations appeal to a wide variety of passengers and interests. Along with its primary operations in Central and Western Europe, the company works in partnership with major lines and travel groups in China, Vietnam, Egypt, and Portugal, to bring the Uniworld classic experience to other parts of the world.
On all river cruising ships, whether newly built or refurbished, Uniworld's signature is a colorful and dynamic ambiance. All cabins and public rooms are furnished in high standards, with lush fabrics, original artwork and antiques nestled next to state-of-the-art flat-screen televisions, comfortable Savoir brand beds, and plush bathrooms.
Service and cuisine are on a par with oceangoing luxury cruise ships, though, as riverboats are smaller, options like entertainment venues and alternative restaurants are less in number.
Uniworld has moved towards all-inclusive riverboats and most fares (excluding China, Vietnam, and Russia) include unlimited fine wine, spirits and beer, as well as gratuities for services on board and ashore, such as pre- and post-cruise extensions. Ticket prices include most of the shore tours. Some extra options, such as bicycling and wine-tasting tours in Danube's Durnstein, are for a fee. Each Uniworld-operated riverboat carries a complimentary fleet of bicycles to be used by passengers while in call ports.
While "big ship" entertainment options (Broadway-style productions and casinos) are not available, each evening provides diversions ranging from bands that play for dancing to local acts who come on board in ports of call.
The following YouTube video provides a review of the experience on Uniworld river cruises in Europe.
In 2018, the company launched an impressive onboard dining program with new options, including alternative and al-fresco venues, progressive dinners and farm-to-ship meals prepared with locally sourced ingredients. The new options were introduced on all "Super Ships" and offer passengers to enjoy 7-course meals with each course served at a different location on the boat. The experience starts with appetizers in the galley (ship kitchen) and ends with desserts on Sun Deck. Beverage and food menus vary (by destination, itinerary, season, chef) and include local craft beers, wines from nearby vineyards, special cocktails.
In late-October 2018, Uniworld announced the company's plans to build 4 new riverboats - 1 for Russia (launch in 2021) and 3 other (launches in 2020) for voyages on Nile (SS Sphinx), Mekong (Mekong Jewel) and Douro (SS Sao Gabriel).
The January 2021-launched Uniworld Support Hub (online trading platform) contains digital brochures and content designed to help travel partners (agents and agencies) to host virtual sale promos and events. Sales assets were previously emailed to the agents. Media (10-minute videos) showcasing various Uniworld-operated destinations and rivers was also added to the hub.
(Coronavirus crisis) passenger shipping pause 2020-2021
Due to the COVID pandemic, Uniworld suspended fleetwide its passenger shipping operations by canceling all voyages with pre-scheduled departures from March 14, 2020, through July 2021.
All affected bookings were fully refunded. Uniworld's cruise cancellation policy was expanded to allow penalty-free cancellation of new bookings up to 14 days prior departure with rebooking.
The fare paid as FCC (future cruise credit) was transferred to another (any) Uniworld cruisetour planned for 2021-2022.
Itinerary of Uniworld
This section has links to all Uniworld cruise ships providing information on sailing schedules (dates and prices), current positions (cruise tracker) and also internal links to related review articles.
Uniworld's top luxury boats offer itineraries along the largest European and Asian rivers - including in China, Egypt and Russia. The company's operations include more than 20 countries with over 500 departures annually. The itineraries range from one week to a month.
Follows the list of all Uniworld ships (owned and chartered) and their itinerary regions:
- Ganges Voyager II (2015-built) - a chartered luxury boat for India cruises on Ganges River
- Prince Abbas - Lake Nasser - Egypt
- THE A (1993-built as River Ambassador) - Rhine, Main, Danube - Holland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic
- THE B (1994-built as River Baroness) - Seine River - France, departures from Paris to Normandy
- River Duchess (2003-built) - Rhine, Main, Danube - Holland, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia
- River Empress (2001-built)- the Rhine, Main, Danube - Germany, Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic
- River Orchid (2013-built)- Mekong River - Vietnam and Cambodia
- River Princess (2001-built)- the Rhine, Main, Danube and "Christmas Markets" - Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia, Turkey
- River Queen (1999-built) - Rhine, Main, Danube, "Christmas Markets" - Holland, Germany, Switzerland
- River Tosca (2009-built) - Africa / Egypt cruises on Nile River
- River Victoria (1982-built) - Volga River - Russia
- Queen Isabel - chartered for Spain and Portugal cruises on Douro River
- SS Antoinette (Super Ship, 2011-built) - Rhine River, "Christmas Markets" - Germany, Switzerland, France
- SS Catherine (Super Ship, 2014-built) - Rhone River - France river cruises in Burgundy and Provence leaving from Paris
- SS Joie de Vivre (Super Ship, 2017-built) - Seine River - France river cruises in Normandy leaving from Paris
- SS Maria Theresa (Super Ship, 2015-built) - Holland, Rhine, Main, Danube
- SS Beatrice (Super Ship, 2009-built as "River Beatrice")- Danube River and "Christmas Markets" - Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary
- SS Bon Voyage (Super Ship, 2006-built as "River Royale") - Garonne River - France river cruises from Bordeaux, "Food and Wine" themed
- SS La Venezia (Super Ship, 2003-built as "River Countess") - Po River - Italy river cruises from Venice
- SS Sphinx (2020) - Nile River (Egypt)
- RV Mekong Jewel (2020) - Vietnam and Cambodia
- SS Sao Gabriel (2020) - Douro River (Portugal)
In mid-October 2023, Uniworld signed a 3-year charter deal with the German shipowner Seaside Collection GmbH & Co KG for two 2017-built boats, operated by Crystal River Cruises until 2022. Riverside Bach (fka Crystal Bach) starts Rhine River cruises for Uniworld in 2024 as "SS Victoria", while Riverside Mahler (fka Crystal Mahler) starts operations in 2025 as "SS Elisabeth".
Century Legend and Century Paragon offer Yangtze River cruises in China. Both ships are privately-owned and operated by Viking under a charter. These riverboats are also chartered by other major European lines, like AmaWaterways, Avalon and Viking.
RV Aria Amazon (16-cabin houseboat) starts in September 2020 Uniworld-chartered cruises on the Peruvian Amazon River with 3 itineraries. The Uniworld-charter cruises on Amazon River are first-time for the company. The program starts with 15-day "Peruvian Amazon and Machu Picchu Exploration" (inclusive of 5-star hotel overnight in Lima Peru), follows .7-day cruising through the Amazon Rainforest (with visits to Cusco and Machu Picchu) and ends with 11-day "Peruvian Rivers and Rainforest Discovery" (roundtrip from Iquitos, cruising through Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve / Amazonian jungle in northeastern Peru). Bookings were opened on December 16, 2019, with prices from USD 12,000 pp (double-occupancy houseboat cabin rates).
UNIWORLD Mekong cruise itineraries
Since January 2020, Uniworld with Mekong Jewel ship operates a 13-day cruisetour itinerary between Saigon and Siem Reap (northbound and southbound), with ports (sequence on the northbound route) in Vietnam's Mekong Delta (My Tho, Cai Be, Vinh Long, Sa Dec, Cu Lao Gieng Island, Tan Chau), Phnom Penh (Cambodia's capital), Angkor Ban, Kampong Cham, Wat Hanchey Temple.
Next is listed Uniworld's day-to-day schedule as call ports:
- DAY 1: Saigon - arrival at Tan Son Nhat Airport, optional group transfer or private transfer, Uniworld representative greet-and-meet, bus transfer to a luxury hotel, private check-in with welcome drinks
- DAY 2: Saigon excursions (Ho Chi Minh City, Dinner Cruise on Saigon Princess)
- DAY 3: Saigon, bus transfer to My Tho (cruise ship embarkation), cruising to Cai Be, excursion (Cu Chi Tunnels)
- DAY 4: Cai Be, Vinh Long
- DAY 5: Sa Dec, Gieng Island, Hong Ngu, Mekong cruising
- DAY 6: Hong Ngu, Mekong cruising, Phnom Penh
- DAY 7: Phnom Penh
- DAY 8: Phnom Penh, Mekong cruising
- DAY 9: Angkor Ban, Wat Hanchey
- DAY 10: Kampong Cham (cruise ship debarkation in the morning), bus transfer to Siem Reap
- DAY 11: Siem Reap - excursions (Angkor Wat Temples, Khmer Noodle House / Preah Dak Village)
- DAY 12: Siem Reap - excursions (Angkor Thom ruins, Bayon, Ta Prohm), shipboard Apsara dance show and gala dinner
- DAY 13: Siem Reap - hotel check-out, transfer to Siem Reap-Angkor Airport for home flight.
Uniworld's "Masterpiece Collection" (fly-cruise) itineraries
Uniworld's "Masterpiece Collection" ("flight and cruise" deals) was inaugurated in 2018.
Deals applied to departure dates on selected 2018 river cruise tour itineraries, including the themed "Splendors of Italy", "Gems of Northern Italy", "Paris and Normandy", "Remarkable Rhine", "Legendary Rhine and Moselle", "European Jewels", "Bordeaux, Vineyards, and Chateaux".
"Masterpiece Collection" cruise tour deals are all-inclusive packages with included scheduled airport transfers (to/from the riverboat), all onboard meals and beverages (including spirits and wines), gratuities, Wi-Fi, bicycles (on land tours), Nordic walking sticks, also onboard fitness classes and all guided shore excursions offered in each port city along the itinerary route.
Uniworld's "Masterpiece Collection" cruise prices start at USD 3700 pp and vary by departure date and cruise tour itinerary. Fares are also inclusive of the flights (offered from several major airports in the USA). Fly-cruise deals can be upgraded to business class (prices start from USD 2500 pp).
"Spectacular Journeys of the World" (108-page e-brochure) introduces immersive land experiences to existing itineraries. For example, the Timeless Wonders of Vietnam, Cambodia & the Mekong itinerary now includes a visit to Halong Bay, while the Splendours of Egypt & The Nile itinerary incorporates a stop in Sharm El Sheikh & The Red Sea.
"Spectacular Journeys in India" brochure focuses on Uniworld's India itineraries, including an option to extend classic "India's Golden Triangle & the Sacred Ganges" itinerary to include Varanasi. It also highlights the increased capacity for the newly launched "The Sacred Ganges & the Maharajas' Express" ship+train voyage.
"2024 Rivers of the World" brochure includes Uniworld's second world cruise. The 54-night "2024 Rivers of the World" itinerary traverses 10 countries on 3 continents (South America, Europe, Southeast Asia) and cruising on 4 Super Ships.
The travel experiences have been enhanced with remarkable extensions.
On the "Splendours of Egypt & The Nile with Jordan" itinerary, travelers can participate in a unique Make Travel Matter experience in Jordan. They will have the opportunity to explore how Jordanian women sustain their livelihoods through traditional handicrafts at the Iraq al-Amir Women's Cooperative.
In Varanasi, a spiritual city, guests on "India's Golden Triangle & the Sacred Ganges with Varanasi" tour can witness the renowned ghats washing ritual and observe artisans engaging in silk weaving, creating colorful scarves. These experiences provide a deeper understanding of the city's culture and traditions.
For those embarking on the "Timeless Wonders of Vietnam, Cambodia & the Mekong with Ha Long Bay" itinerary, they can explore the stunning turquoise natural lagoons and partake in kayaking adventures amidst the majestic landscapes of Ha Long Bay. The tour also offers the opportunity to visit Viet Hai Village, interact with the locals, and even enjoy a visit to Castaway Island.
Travelers on the "Splendours of Egypt & The Nile with Sharm El Sheikh & The Red Sea" journey can experience the pristine white sandy beaches and vibrant coral reefs of the Red Sea. The itinerary also includes historical tours to St. Catherine's Monastery, a UNESCO site, and a luxurious stay at the opulent Sharm El Sheikh Four Seasons resort.
In 2024, Uniworld offers new cruises and also expands its Cruise & Rail program (ship+train voyages) to new destinations (like Istanbul, Transylvania, the Swiss Alps), as well as new pre-cruise tour extensions in South America.
Uniworld's charter fleet includes two new boats - SS Victoria/fka Crystal Bach (starting March 2024) and SS Elisabeth/fka Crystal Mahler (March 2025), slated to start European voyages on the rivers Rhine and Danube.
In 2024, Uniworld introduces 5 new cruise-and-rail itineraries in Europe.
(ship River Duchess) 15-day "Delightful Danube & the Castles of Transylvania" itinerary starts in Istanbul and continues through Transylvania. The river cruise segment includes Budapest and Vienna and cruising through the Wachau Valley.
(ship SS La Venezia) 17-day "Venice, Istanbul & the Balkans" itinerary starts with a train voyage to Istanbul. The Venice cruise portion features navigation of the Venetian Lagoon.
(ship SS La Venezia) 15-day "Grand Alpine & the Jewels of Veneto" itinerary starts in Budapest and features a luxury train travel to Switzerland (Lake Como, Zurich). The river voyage starts in Venice.
(ship SS Maria Theresa) 14-day "Grand Alpine & the Enchanting Danube" itinerary starts in Passau and ends in Venice. The river cruise portion is Passau-Budapest, the train travel portion is Vianna-Venice.
Uniworld India cruises
Uniworld's operations in India are via the chartered ship Ganges Voyager II.
Next are listed the Uniworld's India itinerary's ports scheduled for 2024.
- Kolkata (Embark)
- Murshidabad, Baranagar
- Cruising the Ganges, Khusbagh
- Mayapur, Chandannagar
- Kolkata (Disembark), Fly to Mumbai
- Mumbai (Embark)
- Ranthambore, Fatehpur Sikri
- Agra, New Delhi (Disembark)
- New Delhi
Next are listed the itinerary's ports scheduled for 2023.
- Kolkata (Embark)
- Murshidabad, Baranagar
- Cruising the Ganges, Khusbagh
- Mayapur, Chandannagar
- Kolkata (Disembark), Fly to New Delhi
- New Delhi (Embark), Agra
- Agra, Ranthambore
- Mumbai (Disembark)
The voyage's prices start from ~US$ 27100 per person (based on double occupancy). Uniworld's pricing is inclusive of Uniworld Tour Manager services (on the ship/during the cruise portion), Tour Manager services (on the train/during the land portion), Wellness Program, onboard culture-themed activities, Group Transfers (on arrival/departure days), domestic flight (between Kolkata and New Delhi/Mumbai), shipboard gratuities, 13 excursions (locally led by English-speaking experts), all meals (on the ship and the train/15 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 15 dinners), beverages (house wine, local beers/spirits, soft drinks, tea and coffee both on the ship and on the train). Ashore, lunches are inclusive of coffee/tea, while dinners are inclusive of more beverages (house wine, local beer, soft drinks, coffee/tea).
The unique voyage features 7 nights of ship cruising, 6 nights on The Maharajas' Express (luxury train), and two 1-night hotel stays (The Oberoi New Delhi and The Oberoi Mumbai/or similar).
2024 World's longest river cruisetour (54-night/4 ships/5 rivers/3 continents)
Uniworld's 54-night/55-day "2024 Rivers of the World" itinerary (October 3 to November 26, 2024) is a B2B/back-to-back voyage (max capacity 68 passengers) grouping 4 ships and visiting ports in 10 countries and on 3 continents (South America, Europe, Southeast Asia).
The world's currently longest river voyage starts with the ship Aria Amazon (32 passengers) in South America. The 16-day Peruvian Amazon itinerary visits destinations in 3 countries (Peru, Argentina, Brazil). The segment ends with a flight from Brazil (on October 18th) to Holland (arrival on October 19th).
The second segment starts with the ship SS Beatrice in Holland/Amsterdam. The 16-day itinerary visits ports in 4 countries (Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Hungary) and includes cruising on 2 rivers (Rhine, Danube). The segment ends with a flight from Hungary/Budapest (on November 3rd) to France/Paris (arrival on November 3rd).
The third segment starts with the ship SS Catherine in France. The 8-day Seine River itinerary visits ports in Burgundy and Provence. The segment ends with a flight from France/Paris (on November 10th) to Vietnam (arrival on November 11th).
The fourth segment starts with the ship Mekong Jewel in Vietnam. The 16-day Mekong River itinerary visits ports in Vietnam and Cambodia. The segment ends in Ho Chi Minh City with included Park Hyatt Saigon hotel stay prior to the home flight.
2023 World's longest river cruisetour (46-night/5 ships/7 rivers/2 continents)
In mid-May 2021 Uniworld announced the world's longest river cruisetour.
The 46-night/47-day B2B/back-to-back itinerary (based on 5 ships) visited ports in 9 countries and on 2 continents (Europe and Africa).
- Uniworld's "The Rivers of the World Cruise 2023" is scheduled to start in Egypt and end in Portugal. The voyage departs on May 20, 2023 (from Cairo Egypt) and ends on July 5 (in Lisbon Portugal).
- Tourists must arrange their own transport to Cairo and also from Lisbon.
- Fares started from EUR 31875 (USD 39000 / GBP 27485) per person for a French Balcony cabin with double occupancy.
This unique travel vacation starts with a hotel stay in Cairo, and an opening event before the 11-day Nile River cruise aboard SS Sphinx. Travelers are joined by an Egyptologist and explore ancient sites, including the Abu Simbel temples. Follows a flight to Switzerland and a hotel stay in Lugano. A land tour of Milano is offered before the 11-day cruise on Venice Lagoon and Po River on SS La Venezia.
The 3rd part is on Danube River (Germany, Austria, Hungary) aboard SS Maria Theresa. The activities include a private tour of Vienna’s Schonbrunn Palace. The 4th part is in France (7-day Seine River cruise) aboard SS Joie de Vivre (to towns in Northern France and Normandy, ending in Paris City /included a Moulin Rouge show).
The voyage's last part is on Douro River (Spain and Portugal) with 11-day cruising aboard SS Sao Gabriel. The itinerary visits Portugal's seaports Sintra and Cascais and ends with a land tour and a closing event in Lisbon.
In March 2022, Uniworld announced the 43-day "World’s Most Exotic River & Land Journey". Across 3 riverboats, the itinerary visits ports in Egypt, India and Southeast Asia (Vietnam and Cambodia), but targets specifically the UK market so it is open for sale to only British nationals.
- The unique cruisetour (itinerary January 7 through February 18, 2023) is divided into 3 segments. Part 1 starts with a 5-night hotel stay in Cairo (Four Seasons Hotel Cairo) followed by a 7-day Nile cruise on SS Sphinx ship. Follows Part 2, starting with a flight to India (Delhi, Agra, Jaipur) and continuing with a 7-day Ganges RIver cruising on Ganges Voyager 2 ship. Part 3 is in Southeast Asia, featuring 5 hotel overnights and 7-day cruising in Vietnam and Cambodia on Mekong Jewel ship.
- Fares started from GBP 18885 per cabin.
- Prices are inclusive of excursions, airport transfers, all flights (domestic and international), shipboard gratuities.
Uniworld cruise itinerary themes and homeports
Next are listed all the company's itineraries (all regions/rivers) as themes and homeports/departure ports.
- "TULIPS & WINDMILLS" - 10-DAY AMSTERDAM TO ANTWERP
- "HOLLAND & BELGIUM AT TULIP TIME" - 8-DAY BRUSSELS TO AMSTERDAM
- "DUTCH DELIGHT" - 8-DAY AMSTERDAM roundtrip
- "CLASSIC GERMANY & AMSTERDAM" - 8-DAY AMSTERDAM TO NUREMBERG
- "ENCHANTING DANUBE" - 8-DAY BUDAPEST TO PASSAU
- "RHINE, MOSELLE & BLISSFUL BADEN-BADEN" - 12-DAY BADEN-BADEN TO FRANKFURT
- "RHINE & MOSELLE" - 10-DAY STRASBOURG TO FRANKFURT
- "CASTLES ALONG THE RHINE" - 8-DAY BASEL TO AMSTERDAM
- "REMARKABLE RHINE & HISTORIC HOLLAND" - 11-DAY AMSTERDAM TO BASEL
- "DELIGHTFUL DANUBE & PRAGUE" - 10-DAY BUDAPEST TO PRAGUE
- "DELIGHTFUL DANUBE" - 8-DAY BUDAPEST TO NUREMBERG
- "AUTHENTIC DANUBE & PRAGUE" - 10-DAY VIENNA TO PRAGUE
- "AUTHENTIC DANUBE" - 8-DAY VIENNA TO NUREMBERG
- "HIGHLIGHTS OF EASTERN EUROPE" - 10-DAY BUDAPEST TO BUCHAREST
- "PORTRAITS OF EASTERN EUROPE" - 19-DAY PRAGUE TO BUCHAREST
- "MILAN, VENICE AND THE GEMS OF NORTHERN ITALY" - 10-DAY MILAN TO VENICE
- "VENICE AND THE GEMS OF NORTHERN ITALY" - 8-DAY VENICE roundtrip
- "BURGUNDY & PROVENCE" - 8-DAY AVIGNON TO LYON
- "BRILLIANT BORDEAUX" - 8-DAY BORDEAUX roundtrip
- "PARIS & NORMANDY" - 8-DAY PARIS roundtrip
- "A PORTRAIT OF MAJESTIC FRANCE" - 15-DAY BORDEAUX TO PARIS
- "GRAND FRANCE" - 15-DAY PARIS TO AVIGNON
- "ULTIMATE FRANCE" - 22-DAY BORDEAUX TO AVIGNON
- "DOURO RIVER VALLEY" - 8-DAY OPORTO roundtrip
- "PORTUGAL, SPAIN & THE DOURO RIVER VALLEY" - 11-DAY OPORTO TO LISBON
- "IMPERIAL WATERWAYS OF RUSSIA" - 12-DAY MOSCOW TO SAINT PETERSBURG
- "GRAND CHINA AND THE YANGTZE" - 18-DAY BEIJING TO HONG KONG
- "CHINA, TIBET & THE YANGTZE" - 14-DAY BEIJING TO SHANGHAI
- "HIGHLIGHTS OF CHINA & THE YANGTZE" - 11-DAY BEIJING TO SHANGHAI
- "TIMELESS WONDERS OF VIETNAM, CAMBODIA & THE MEKONG" - 13-DAY SAIGON TO SIEM REAP
- "INDIA'S GOLDEN TRIANGLE & THE SACRED GANGES" - 13-DAY NEW DELHI TO KOLKATA
- "SPLENDORS OF EGYPT & THE NILE" - 12-DAY CAIRO roundtrip
- "PERUVIAN RIVERS & RAINFOREST DISCOVERY" - 11-DAY LIMA roundtrip
- "PERUVIAN AMAZON & MACHU PICCHU EXPLORATION" - 15-DAY LIMA roundtrip
Uniworld's repositioning voyages 9seasonal riverboat relocations) include:
- "RHINE, MAIN & DANUBE DISCOVERY" - 15-DAY AMSTERDAM TO VIENNA
- "EUROPEAN JEWELS" - 16-DAY BUDAPEST TO AMSTERDAM
- "ULTIMATE EUROPEAN JOURNEY" - 25-DAY AMSTERDAM TO BUCHAREST
"Train and cruise" packages
Uniworld's "train and river cruise" package itineraries include:
- "CRUISE & RAIL: MILAN, VENICE & THE SWISS ALPS" (14 DAYS) MILAN TO ZURICH
- "CRUISE & RAIL: VENICE & THE SWISS ALPS" (12 DAYS) ZURICH TO VENICE
- "CRUISE & RAIL: MILAN, VENICE & ISTANBUL" (18 DAYS) MILAN TO ISTANBUL
- "CRUISE & RAIL: VENICE & ISTANBUL" (16 DAYS) VENICE TO ISTANBUL
- "CRUISE & RAIL: ENCHANTING DANUBE & THE CASTLES OF TRANSYLVANIA" (12 DAYS) PASSAU TO BUDAPEST
- (2024) "CRUISE & RAIL: CASTLES OF TRANSYLVANIA & THE ENCHANTING DANUBE" (13 DAYS from Budapest to Passau) starts with a roundtrip train cruise from BUDAPEST, follows the river cruise from BUDAPEST to PASSAU.
- (2024) CRUISE & RAIL: GRAND ALPINE & THE ENCHANTING DANUBE (14 DAYS) PASSAU TO BUDAPEST plus train VIANNA TO VENICE
- (2024) CRUISE & RAIL: MILAN, VENICE, ISTANBUL & THE BALKANS (19 DAYS from Milan to Istanbul) starts in MILAN (transfer to VENICE/roundtrip cruise), transfer to TRIESTE, train travel TRIESTE TO ISTANBUL.
- (2024) CRUISE & RAIL: VENICE, ISTANBUL & THE BALKANS (17 DAYS from Venice to Istanbul) starts with a roundtrip cruise from VENICE, transfer to TRIESTE, train travel TRIESTE TO ISTANBUL.
- (2024) CRUISE & RAIL: GRAND ALPINE & THE JEWELS OF VENETO (15 DAYS from Budapest to Venice) starts in BUDAPEST (train travel through Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia) plus roundtrip cruise from VENICE.
- (RAIL-ONLY) "THE TRANS-SIBERIAN EXPRESS" - 15-DAY MOSCOW TO VLADIVOSTOK
Uniworld cruise tracker
Our Uniworld cruise ship tracker is a function integrated into all Uniworld river cruise review pages. At page-bottom on each page, you'll find a map with the boat's current location (AIS position). All the real-time tracking data is provided by VesselFinder. It's all about convenience - you will find where is your Uniworld ship cruising today and right now along its current itinerary - in real-time!
Enjoy the "boutique luxury" river cruising on your Uniworld vacations!
Note: You can see CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All river passenger shipping line companies and their fleets are listed there.
Uniworld related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Uniworld Boutique River Cruises has unveiled plans for its 2024 President's Cruise, featuring Ellen Bettridge, the President and CEO, as the host on...November 13, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Uniworld Boutique River Cruises has unveiled an array of new offerings slated for 2024. In addition, the brand is expanding its Cruise & Rail...October 22, 2023
Major river cruise companies operating on the Nile River in Egypt have adjusted their cruisetour itineraries in response to the recent events in...October 15, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Uniworld Boutique River Cruises has secured a 3-year deal to charter the former Crystal Bach and Crystal Mahler ships, which will be rebranded...October 12, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Uniworld Boutique River Cruises commenced its inaugural "Rivers of the World" cruise in Cairo Egypt, marking the completion of the initial leg...June 8, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Uniworld Boutique River Cruises is expanding its long-haul program for 2024 by introducing 3 new brochures that highlight extraordinary journeys and...May 22, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Uniworld Boutique River Cruises is expanding its offerings in Europe by adding two post-cruise extensions in Greece, which are now available for...April 17, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Uniworld Boutique River Cruises (subsidiary of The Travel Corporation) became the first river cruise line to introduce verified net zero targets...December 6, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Uniworld Boutique River Cruises announced its new offerings for 2023, including new itineraries, land tours/excursions, and voyage extension options...September 30, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Uniworld added a second "cruise and train" (cruisetour package) itinerary in Europe in 2022, a combination growing in popularity for travelers in...September 25, 2022
- show more news