RV Mekong Jewel Review and Specifications
Specifications of RV Mekong Jewel
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Class||Mekong river cruiser|
|Owner||The Travel Corporation (TTC)|
|Operator||Uniworld River Cruises Asia|
|Passengers||34 - 68|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of RV Mekong Jewel
Uniworld Mekong Jewel ship cruises on Mekong River, with regularly scheduled itinerary program visiting ports in Vietnam and Cambodia. The shipowner Uniworld (officially "Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection") is a major river cruise company and subsidiary of The Travel Corporation (TTC).
Among the newest riverboats on Mekong River, Mekong Jewel ship is scheduled for launch in 2020 and specifically designed as an eco-friendly vessel featuring a special hull painting (that creates less drag), energy-efficient air-conditioning and LED lighting (throughout), latest-technology propulsion system with new-generation propellers (that generate minimum noise and vibrations).
UNIWORLD Mekong River cruise itineraries
The inaugural cruise is scheduled for January 3, 2020. The ship operates a 13-day cruisetour itinerary between Saigon and Siem Reap (northbound and southbound), with call ports (sequence on the northbound route) in Vietnam's Mekong Delta (My Tho, Cai Be, Vinh Long, Sa Dec, Cu Lao Gieng Island, Tan Chau), Phnom Penh (Cambodia's capital), Angkor Ban, Kampong Cham, Wat Hanchey Temple.
Next is listed riverboat's day-2-day schedule as officially announced by UNIWORLD:
- DAY 1: Saigon - arrival at Tan Son Nhat Airport, optional group transfer or private transfer, Uniworld representative greet-and-meet, bus transfer to a luxury hotel, private check-in with welcome drinks
- DAY 2: Saigon excursions (Ho Chi Minh City, Dinner Cruise on Saigon Princess)
- DAY 3: Saigon, bus transfer to My Tho (cruise ship embarkation), cruising to Cai Be, excursion (Cu Chi Tunnels)
- DAY 4: Cai Be, Vinh Long
- DAY 5: Sa Dec, Gieng Island, Hong Ngu, Mekong cruising
- DAY 6: Hong Ngu, Mekong cruising, Phnom Penh
- DAY 7: Phnom Penh
- DAY 8: Phnom Penh, Mekong cruising
- DAY 9: Angkor Ban, Wat Hanchey
- DAY 10: Kampong Cham (cruise ship debarkation in the morning), bus transfer to Siem Reap
- DAY 11: Siem Reap - exursions (Angkor Wat Temples, Khmer Noodle House / Preah Dak Village)
- DAY 12: Siem Reap - excursions (Angkor Thom ruins, Bayon, Ta Prohm), shipboard Apsara dance show and gala dinner
- DAY 13: Siem Reap - hotel check-out, transfer to Siem Reap-Angkor Airport for home flight.
The Mekong Jewel ship features gorgeous designs together with an authentic approach to expedition cruising and luxury ambiance. RV Mekong Jewel has 34 suites (of which 2 Royal and 2 Grand Suites) with private French balconies, man-made furniture, and contemporary facilities. She creates unforgettable experiences for passengers as the finest luxurious 5-star floating hotel.
The riverboat boasts with its deluxe Dining Hall, alfresco Restaurant on the upper deck, two spacious Lounges (indoor and outdoor), and comfortable Sundeck. Modern navigation technologies, highest cruise standards, and experienced crew ensure safety on the water and smooth travel.
Breakfast and lunch are served set menu or buffet-style, while for dinner guests have the option of either buffet or set menu. The cuisine features a wonderful combination of Western and Asian dishes. Vegetarian offers are also included. Meals consist of mostly locally purchased products like organic vegetables, exotic fruit, fish and prawns. Breakfasts may also be served on the balcony in case passengers fill-up their menu form the day before.
The Internet is available in all ship's public areas, free-of-charge. The library offers computers and the Internet. The Spa pampers with a range of spa treatments from professional spa staff. Suite passengers enjoy a complimentary one-hour spa service of their choice during the cruise. RV Mekong Jewel is equipped with modern fitness facilities. Guests may enjoy the panoramic views while in the Fitness Center. Other facilities include an outdoor swimming pool (aft on Sun Deck), hair salon, nail bar, gift shop, Lobby Reception, elevator, sauna, steam room, laundry room.
RV Mekong Jewel wiki
Mekong Jewel is due to replace Uniworld's Asian riverboat Mekong Navigator. Also in 2020, Uniworld introduces two more newbuild riverboats - the fleetmates SS Sao Gabriel (on Douro River in Portugal) and SS Sphinx (on Nile River in Egypt).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.