Crystal Cruises Coronavirus update
Crystal Cruises suspended its ocean fleet's passenger shipping operations by cancelling all voyages with pre-scheduled departures in the period March 14 through October 1 (Crystal Serenity) and through October 29 (Crystal Symphony). Crystal River Cruises departures March 26 through September 10 (initially through August 1) were also cancelled. Crystal Yacht Cruises were suspended through November 1 (Crystal Esprit) and through January 2021 (Crystal Endeavour).
On August 1, Crystal Yacht (ships Esprit and Endeavor) and Crystal Ocean (ships Symphony and Serenity) cancelled all the remaining 2020 itineraries. The vessels were planned to resume services on Aug 9 (Esprit), Oct 1 (Serenity), Oct 29 (Symphony) and Nov 14 (Endeavor).
All affected bookings received full monetary refunds including on prepurchased through Crystal Cruises packages and services. With rebooking, all fully-paid reservations received 125% refund in FCC (future cruise credit) of the fare paid, plus a full monetary refund of prepaid port charges, Gov taxes-fees, any flight and hotel packages (if prebooked through Crystal Cruises). Not fully-paid reservations received FCCs based on the deposits. All FCCs are valid on any Crystal cruise (Ocean, Yacht, Expedition, River) with departure through December 31, 2023.
Crystal Cruises fleet
Review of Crystal Cruises
IMPORTANT: Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, Crystal Cruises suspended its ocean fleet's passenger shipping operations by cancelling all voyages with pre-scheduled departures in the period March 14 through October 1 (Crystal Serenity) and through October 29 (Crystal Symphony). Crystal River Cruises departures March 26 through September 10 (initially through August 1) were also cancelled. Crystal Yacht Cruises were suspended through November 1 (Crystal Esprit) and through January 2021 (Crystal Endeavour).
- On August 1, Crystal Yacht (ships Esprit and Endeavor) and Crystal Ocean (ships Symphony and Serenity) cancelled all the remaining 2020 itineraries. The vessels were planned to resume services on Aug 9 (Esprit), Oct 1 (Serenity), Oct 29 (Symphony) and Nov 14 (Endeavor).
- All affected bookings received full monetary refunds including on prepurchased through Crystal Cruises packages and services. With rebooking, all fully-paid reservations received 125% refund in FCC (future cruise credit) of the fare paid, plus a full monetary refund of prepaid port charges, Gov taxes-fees, any flight and hotel packages (if prebooked through Crystal Cruises). Not fully-paid reservations received FCCs based on the deposits. All FCCs are valid on any Crystal cruise (Ocean, Yacht, Expedition, River) with departure through December 31, 2023.
This is CruiseMapper's page for the three Crystal Cruises subsidiary companies - the sister-brands Crystal OCEAN, Crystal RIVER and Crystal YACHT, their fleets (riverboats, liners, superyachts), cruisetour itineraries, destinations, homeports, cruise tracker. We have listed all Crystal ships as schedules (itinerary calendars with prices) and current position tracking maps.
One of the top-luxury passenger shipping companies, Crystal Cruises (website) operates both ocean and river cruises on premium (smaller-sized) ships and newbuild riverboats. All vessels are operated with all-inclusive travel package deals. Company's ships are top-ranked in numerous categories, offer intimate cruising experience, 5-star hotel amenities, superior services, elegance and perfection in every detail.
Company's chief officers are Tom Wolber (President and CEO) and Karl Muhlberger (COO / Chief Operating Officer). On July 24, 2020, the company celebrated its 30th anniversary.
The company Crystal Cruises was founded in 1988 (headquartered in Century City, Los Angeles) as a subsidiary of the Japanese NYK Line (abbrev "Nippon Yusen Kaisha") - one of world's largest container shipping companies. In March 2015, NYK Line sold Crystal Cruises to Genting Hong Kong (GHK, Malaysian corporation) for USD 550 million. GHK also owns the Asian brands of Star Cruises and Dream Cruises and is a shareholder in NNCL (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings). At the following link can be found listed all CruiseMapper's news related to Crystal Cruises' current owner Genting Hong Kong (GHK).
Following the acquisition, the company was renamed to Crystal Ltd. It currently includes the brands Crystal Cruises (ocean-going ships), Crystal River Cruises (European riverboats), Crystal Yacht Cruises (mega-yachts), Crystal Luxury Air (aircraft) and Crystal AirCruises (flight operator).
For its premium service and an overall superb product, Crystal brands consistently receive "World's Best" readers awards of the prominent and influential magazines Travel+Leisure and Conde Nast Traveler. Crystal cruise ships are always at first positions in the official Conde Nast votes for "Top 10 cruise ships" ("mid-sized ships" pole) and in "top 10 luxury cruise ships in the world" (votes for all-inclusive passenger ships).
Company's newest sustainable travel policy (part of Crystal Cares program) was implemented on June 8, 2019. By this fleetwide initiative, all plastic straws were completely eliminated and replaced with paper straws. Crystal Cares comprises various fleetwide environmental efforts and sustainable practices. In 2019 was signed the partnership deal with the global conservation organization ORCA (Organization for Respect and Care for Animals). By this partnership and as part of the OceanWatch Master Fisherman program, on select Alaskan cruises, Crystal ships are boarded by "Cruise Conservationists" for training, research and marine data collection.
In 2020, Crystal Cruises celebrates company's 30th anniversary with themed voyages, special events, commemorative gifts and special 30th Anniversary savings on bookings fleetwide. Crystal Society members (loyalty program) benefit from double regular savings (totaling 5%), while first-time custmers enjoy 2% savings on the select voyages. These savings are in addition to 2-for-1 prices and "Book Now Savings" that reward early booking with up to USD 5000 per stateroom. All these special offers on “30th Anniversary Collection” cruises were offered on bookings made by June 30, 2019. The Crystal brand was officially launched on July 24, 1990, when Crystal Harmony (now Asuka 2) departed San Francisco CA on a 12-day inaugural cruise to Alaska.
GHK's Crystal Ocean cruise division is served by two cruise ships - Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony. The company's most special itinerary is the "Crystal World Cruise". These regularly scheduled voyages visit each year some of the world's most exotic vacation destinations, among which are Hawaii, South Pacific Islands, Australia New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Alaska. Crystal Ocean cruise ships call on over 180 ports in 60 different countries worldwide.
The line's clientele is mostly wealthy couples (50+ years old), who prefer Crystal's onboard environment of sophistication, style, impeccable, highly personalized service, gourmet cuisine, unique destinations. The ocean-going Crystal ships feature:
- Spacious, exquisitely appointed accommodations (most of them with verandas), with in-room Internet access, complimentary in-room dining (24 hours a day), penthouses with personal butler service.
- An abundance of dining options, excellent alternate dining venues, with specialty restaurants like "Prego" (signature of "Valentino Restaurants), "Silk Road" and the "Sushi Bar" (overseen by Nobu Matsuhisa). Wine cellar with a selection of over 200 vintages, and more than 20,000 bottles.
- The lavish Feng Shui-inspired "Crystal Spa" center. State-of-the-art fitness facilities with panoramic sea views, Yoga- and Pilates classes, the "Walk on Water" fitness program by Debbie Rocker.
- Crystal special lounges: "Caesars Palace" at Sea Casino, "Galaxy Lounge" (with its state-of-the-art sound- and lighting systems), "Crystal Dining Room" and "Vintage Room", "Avenue of the Stars" (with its shops and boutiques), "Trident Grill and Ice Cream Bar", "Palm Court" (daily served afternoon tea), "Connoisseur Club" (also offering a selection of fine cigars), "Avenue Saloon" (jazz lounge).
- Broadway-style productions, variety shows, indoor- and outdoor pool, paddle tennis courts, a casino (with complimentary cocktails), movie theater, nightclub, bingo.
- Since 2017, onboard Wi-Fi on all Crystal ships - ocean, yachts, and riverboats - is complimentary (unlimited and free of charge).
- "Creative Learning Institute" program (series of interactive classes) include: "Computer University@Sea", Keyboard lessons (Yamaha), Language classes (Berlitz), Wellness lectures (the Cleveland Clinic), Tai chi instructions (the Tai Chi Cultural Center), Professional ACBL Bridge instructors, Dance lessons (including ballroom dances) with professional instructors, Golf lessons (Callaway golf equipment and PGA golf professionals), the "Crystal Visions Enrichment Program" (in which attend lectures renowned authors, culinary stars, journalists, historians, etc.)
- "Ambassador Host Program" (for single travellers).
- Themed cruises, many onshore activity options.
In 2018, Crystal Cruises contracted Jean-Michel Cousteau (oceanographic explorer, environmentalist, educator, film producer, founder of Ocean Futures Society) to host onboard lecturers and interactive media presentations on the fleet's 3 ocean ships. The three "Jean-Michel Cousteau"-themed voyages were scheduled for:
- March 12, 2018 (themed "Far East Vistas", a 15-day itinerary from Manila to Singapore) on Crystal Serenity
- November 8, 2018 (themed "Amazon Discovery", 24-day roundtrip itinerary from Fort Lauderdale Florida to Caribbean and Brazil Amazon) on Crystal Symphony
- December 9, 2018 (themed "West Indies Yachting Explorer", 7-day Caribbean roundtrip itinerary from Marigot / St Martin Island) on the yacht Crystal Esprit.
Crystal Ocean cruise ships
Crystal Ocean's cruise accommodations are in the following categories:
- Crystal Penthouse – veranda (300 m2), Penthouse Suite – veranda (150 m2), Penthouse – veranda (110 m2)
- Deluxe Stateroom – veranda (75 m2), Deluxe Stateroom (60 m2)
- Additional accommodations for guests with disabilities, connecting staterooms and family staterooms (with 3rd berth) are also available), as well as 24-hour complimentary room service. Penthouses are butler-served.
Crystal Ocean ships are 5-star rated liners with some of the highest space-per-guest ratios at sea. Between the most expensive cruise ships in the world as to cabin rates, and operated by one of the top 5 best luxury cruise lines in the world, the Crystal ships are the perfect choice for people enjoying the bliss of being so very much rich, that prices starting from US$7000 are not an issue whatsoever.
Generally, Crystal ships sail on longer itineraries (with a length of more than 2 weeks). They serve an affluent clientele of mid-aged passengers. Life on board is marked by superior style and sophistication, impeccable service, tranquility, perfection in every detail, one of the best enrichment programs at sea. The vessels are Bahamas-flagged.
Crystal Ocean ships as amenities offer complimentary beverages, jacuzzi, fitness-room, stationery, Wi-Fi, smart TV (satellite reception), cell-phone service, electronic safe box, 9 dining venues, 2 swimming pools, Crystal Spa and Fitness Saloon (treatment rooms, sauna, steam room, gym), golf simulators (and instructors), wraparound Promenade Deck, The Hollywood Theater (indoor entertainment venue), Galaxy Lounge (show lounge), Library (movies, music, books), Observatory Lounge (top-deck).
Crystal River Cruises (a division of Crystal Cruises) is the line's new branch offering fully all-inclusive deals. Its product is marked by gourmet dining, expert enrichment, high-class entertainment, top-luxury amenities and impeccable service on newbuild European riverboats. In each port along the itinerary are offered culture-themed tours and excursions. In some of the ports, the new Crystal river ships offer overnight stays that allow passengers to enjoy high-class gourmet dining experiences at Michelin-starred restaurants ashore and also exclusive evening events and entertainment on the ship.
Crystal Cruises' previous owner Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha (NYK Line) sold in March 2015 the cruise company to the Malaysian corporation Genting Hong Kong Ltd for USD 550 million. Genting also owns the Asian lines Star Cruises and Dream Cruises (Singapore-based holding companies) and is a shareholder in the NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings).
In January 2016, Genting bought the remaining 30% stocks of Lloyd Werft. The deal also included around 50% stake in the shipbuilder's real estate subsidiary company "Investitions und Verwaltungs". The acquisition plans were first announced on September 18, 2015.
The announcement said that Star Cruises together with the German companies Petram Beteiligungs, Ehlerding Beteiligungs, and BLG Logistics Group entered into a stock purchase agreement that allows GHK to acquire a majority stake in Lloyd Werft Bremerhaven GmbH. Before the announcement of this agreement, Genting signed a letter of intent with the shipbuilding company to build Crystal's new polar-class cruise ships with scheduled delivery in late 2018 (later pushed back to 2019).
- To start operations, Crystal River Cruises purchased an existing riverboat that was refurbished and renamed Crystal Mozart (launched in July 2016). The company additionally ordered 4 new luxury river yacht ships (builder Lloyd Werft Germany) launched in mid-2017. Crystal Mozart is currently Europe's largest river ship, excepting, of course, the old-design Russian ships on Volga River. The Mozart ship has capacity 160 passengers, luxury suites (ranging from 19-80 m2 / 200-860 ft2), multiple restaurants, an indoor swimming pool.
- In July 2016, Crystal River launched fleet's first ship - the drydock-renovated Crystal Mozart. The four newbuilds ("river yachts") debuted in 2017: Crystal Bach, Crystal Debussy, Crystal Mahler, and Crystal Ravel.
- In October 2016, ALMACO Group (specializing in the construction of offshore accommodations, staterooms, newbuilding galleys) won its ever first river cruise ship contract to supply galley/kitchen areas and suites for the 4 new "river yachts". The contract included 220 top-luxury cruise suites, corresponding hallways and corridors, turnkey delivery of the ship's galleys and pantries (equipment and lining). Earlier in 2016, ALMACO refurbished the crew cabins and catering areas of Crystal Mozart.
- The Crystal Bach and Crystal Mahler cruise on Main, Danube and Rhine rivers. Crystal Ravel and Crystal Debussy cruise in France - on Dordogne, Garonne, Gironde and Seine rivers. Crystal Mozart cruises on Danube River.
All Crystal river cruise boats provide dedicated (per cabin) butler service, Egyptian cotton linens, king-size beds facing toward French Balcony windows, full-length mirrors, walk-in closets, ETRO robes and slippers, Nespresso machines, wall-mounted HDTVs. All riverboats are Malta-flagged.
Onboard dining options include Waterside Restaurant (dining room), Vintage Room (wine bar / private dinner/party venue), Palm Court (show lounge), Cove Bar, Bistro (casual cafe). All ships are operated with open-seating dining. On the new river yachts, there are also Fitness Center, full-service Spa, indoor infinity pool (resistance swimming pool), top-deck Vista Bar & Grill.
Onboard dining menus include food prepared with freshest, locally sourced ingredients and itinerary-based traditional specialties - fresh seafood and fish (Holland), seasonal fruits and vegetables (Holland, Germany), meat and poultry (Austrian Alps and Bavarian farms), local draught and craft beers, regional wines and cheeses. Specialty coffees and teas served complimentary on the ships are by the Vienna Austria-based company Julius Meinl.
Crystal river cruise deals
The all-inclusive Crystal river cruise deals (as cruise price inclusions) offer the following complimentary amenities and services:
- Gratuities for all the ship's staff, including housekeeping, bar, dining, butlers
- All meals (featuring 6-star gourmet cuisine and regional specialties)
- Unlimited soft drinks, premium beverages (including champagne, fine wines, spirits, beers, bottled water)
- 24-hour self-service pantry (specialty coffees, teas, wines, non-alcoholic drinks)
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour Wi-Fi access, free WiFi and satellite Internet (60 min pp per day)
- interactive TV (infotainment system) with movies on demand and music library
- Airport-to-ship group transfers - luxury coaches transport the passengers from the airport to the riverboat on embarkation day.
- Ship-to-airport group transfers (on disembarkation day).
- Onboard daily yoga and fitness classes, daily choice of digital international newspapers
- Onboard entertainment and enrichment programming (destination / itinerary-focused), including lectures, destination expert (on each cruise), local experts and tour guides.
- Self-service guest laundry
- Twice daily housekeeping services (evening turndown service)
- In-cabin dining (hors-d'oeuvres)
- Butler service for each cabin
- Two complimentary "Crystal Adventures" shore excursions in every port (curated). Additional excursions are available for purchase.
- Complimentary culinary tours to renowned local establishments
- Complimentary Atlanta eBikes, Nordic walking poles and audio headphones on all "Crystal Adventures" (land tours).
In 2018, Crystal River had 200 shore excursions, of which 80% complimentary. These premium tours are themed on culture, culinary and adventure. The company also added the new excursion option "Design Your Time", which allows passengers to use concierge service on their private tours.
Every Crystal river cruisetour itinerary includes food-and-wine themed excursion to Michelin-star restaurants in major European cities.
In March 2016 Crystal Cruises revealed plans to build the world's first purpose-built polar class mega-yacht - Crystal Endeavor - the company's first-ever expedition ship. It was initially planned to enter service in August 2018 but due to shipyard issues, the construction was delayed and the vessel's delivery rescheduled for 2021. The superyacht has max passenger capacity 200 and all 100 suites.
The new polar yacht as technology features 8 electric amphibious zodiacs, two 7-person minisubmarines, 2 helicopters, 2 helipads. It also offers complimentary jet skis, sea kayaks, wave runners, paddleboards, fishing facilities, snorkelling, and scuba diving equipment.
The yacht is fitted with offshore dynamic positioning technology and computer-controlled navigation systems allowing it to automatically maintain position using its own propulsion (thrusters and propellers). This allows the vessel to stay above coral reefs without using anchors, which could damage the seabed. The ship is similar to the "discovery yacht'" Scenic Eclipse (2018) built for Scenic Cruises.
In November 2016, Crystal announced a yacht fleet expansion - from 1 to 3 new vessels, with scheduled deliveries in 2021 (Endeavor), 2021 (TBN) and 2022 (TBN). The sister-vessels (TBN) will have the already "standard" for the ultra-luxury "mega-yacht" cruising industry mini-subs, helicopters and ROVs (Remotely Operated Vehicle).
Crystal's yacht fleet will operate in polar and coastal regions - European Arctic (during summer), migrating whales route (sailing along the coasts of Europe and the Americas), down to Antarctica (during winter). The bold decision to built 3 new polar ships followed 3-year research that found that nearly 70% of Crystal Cruises passengers are highly interested in polar expedition travel.
Diamond-Class ships (2022-2025)
In January 2018, Crystal Yacht Cruises announced significant changes to the new ship design, downsizing the initial "Exclusive-Class" (Genting Cruises ships) and removing the top-deck private residences (by the original design). First vessel's delivery was initially scheduled for 2018, then pushed back to 2019, and finally set for 2022.
In 2018, the "Exclusive-Class" design was changed to "Diamond-Class". Vessel's size was reduced (from GT tonnage 100,000 to 67,000 tons) and the max passenger capacity was decreased by 20% (from 1000 to 800). Staterooms included 48 ultra-luxury "Crystal Residences" - private suites sized between 600-4000 ft2 (56-372 m2) each - later removed from the design. The new class mega-yachts are with ice-classed hulls.
- The marine propulsion manufacturer ABB provides each of the new liners with 4x AzipodXO units. The gearless propulsion system comprises of 1 electric drive motor (per unit) contained in a submerged pod (outside the hull). AzipodXO units are specifically designed for high ice-class navigation. ABB Azipods reduce vessel's lifecycle costs and guarantees optimum efficiency operations. Of all 4 units per ship, 2 are with power output 22 MV (each), and 2 with 19 MW (each).
- The new ships are also fitted with "ABB 800xA DCS" (distributed control) system, EMMA Energy Management System (historical data analysis, with a comparison to current sea conditions) and fleet management suite (fleetwide benchmarking).
"Crystal AirCruises" is GHK's newest venture of the top-luxury cruise company Crystal Cruises. This travel division (established also as a subsidiary company) is served by two aircraft - Boeing 777-200LR (building cost USD 296 million per unit) and the planned for purchasing Boeing 787 Dreamliner (building cost USD 225 million per unit).
Crystal AirCruises operations are via a partnership with Comlux Aruba. The company is subsidiary of Comlux - 2003-founded private-plane management company headquartered in Zurich (Switzerland).
The airplane operates on 14-, 21- and 28-day "fly-cruise" itineraries. It has capacity 88 passengers (down from aircraft's original capacity of 300 pax) and serves all Crystal cruise itineraries' air-and-land portions.
The top-luxury aircraft features lay-flat seats (reclining to 73,5 inches / 1,87 m) positioned in clusters of 2, 2 aisles, dining lounge (with 4 dining tables), 24-seat bar lounge (with stone veneers, color-changing LED lighting), 2 galleys (kitchens). All passenger seats can convert to 180-degree lie-flat beds.
Onboard complimentary amenities include free Wi-Fi, premium wines, meals prepared by an executive chef, use of iPads and noise-cancelling headphones (by Bose), power outlets and USB ports (at each seat), on-demand movies and music, custom-made plush bedding (for onboard sleeping), premium bath amenities (by ETRO).
Crystal Skye "air cruise ship"
Officially named "Crystal Skye", the aircraft Boeing 777-200LR ("Longer Range", aka Worldliner) was introduced in 2006 as one of the world's longest-range commercial airliners. The plane is able to continuously fly between almost any 2 airports in the world, holding the record for longest nonstop flight done by a commercial aircraft - 15844 km (9845 mi).
Crystal Skye aircraft was officially delivered to Crystal AirCruises on August 1, 2017. The ceremony was held at the Boeing Field in Seattle WA. The new airplane was delivered by Greenpoint Technologies to Edie Rodriguez (Crystal's President and CEO). It became known as the world's largest privately owned tour jet. The airplane was officially christened in Las Vegas Nevada on August 12, 2017.
Crystal Skye's inaugural "flight cruise" (9-night itinerary, September 29 through October 8, 2017) was themed "Golden Week Holiday AirCruise" leaving out of Hong Kong. The voyage visited Nairobi Kenya and Tahiti.
Boeing 777 model 200LR has an increased MTOW (maximum takeoff weight) and 3 auxiliary fuel tanks allowing up to 19 hours non-stop flight. The plane also features raked wingtips and additional structural strengthening, wingtip extensions (3,9 m / 13 ft). As of June 2017, this aircraft was ordered by 11 different customers (a total of 59 units).
In addition to the Boeing 777, GHK's brand "Crystal Luxury Air" has plans to double its fleet by purchasing a second Boeing aircraft - the 787 Dreamliner. This plane is a long-haul, twin-engine jet airliner with a passenger capacity of 242 to 335 (3-class seating). The aircraft was the world's first built with composite materials as the primary construction material for the airframe. The aircraft was introduced in 2011.
At the end of 2015, Crystal AirCruises announced planned purchase of two more aircraft - Airbus ACJ319 (corporate jet with removable extra fuel tanks) and Bombardier Global Express XRS (Canada-manufactured ultra-long-range business jet). Bombardier Global Express XRS is an epitome of luxury and comfort with a spacious 2-cabin configuration (up to 13 guests), 4 executive wide seats (with foldout tables), a 4-seat conference space (opposite a 1-seat workstation and cabinet), cabin HD monitors, surround sound, high-temperature oven, even an aft lounge with large LCD screen. Airbus ACJ319 jet's capacity is 30 guests and features 16 lay-flat seats.
Crystal Cruises planes provide private charters (1- to 28-night charter deals) and transportation for company's customers with booked Crystal cruises (regardless ocean, river or yacht). Private charter jet service is of superior quality and caters to corporate executives, small groups, wealthy families and discerning travellers looking for flexible and private luxury travel.
Crystal's fly-cruise deals are inclusive of all hotel stays (at the world's most luxurious hotels), top-quality gourmet dining (at premium restaurants with Michelin star-level cuisine) and local cultural entertainment.
Itinerary of Crystal Cruises
Crystal Cruises "President’s Cruises" for 2020 feature the company's President and CEO Tom Wolber, who is due to host the “Icons of Southeast Asia” departing December 7, 2020, aboard Crystal Symphony for an extended journey from Singapore. Wolber, joined by his wife, Sharon, welcomes Crystal passengers for Q&A sessions, onboard receptions, and special shore excursions.
In 2020, Crystal's 15-day “Icons of Southeast Asia” President’s Cruise features extended explorations of Vietnam and Thailand, overnights in Singapore, Bangkok, Saigon and Hanoi, plus visits to Ko Samui and Sihanoukville, allowing for trips to Angkor Wat. Travellers continuing on the full 30-days “Grand Far East Asia Celebration” can spend 2 nights in Hong Kong and return to Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi for overnights, plus an overnight New Year’s celebration in Singapore with visits to Da Nang and Sihanoukville.
Crystal Serenity's World Cruise 2023
The themed "Wild Kingdoms and Exotic Discoveries" world voyage of Crystal Serenity visits 73 destinations in 40 countries and includes 5 maiden ports and 16 overnights. Featured destinations include Seychelles, Maldives, Tahiti, Africa (Serengeti safaris), PNG-Papua New Guinea, Indonesia (Bali, Java, North Maluku), Sri Lanka, Zanzibar; Ephesus, Bagan, Petra, Machu Picchu, beach sites along the Adriatic's Dalmatian coast, Yasawa-I-Rara, Saint-Tropez, Bora Bora, St Barthelemy.
The 140-night long itinerary starts from Miami Florida (January 11, 2023) and ends in Barcelona Spain (May 31). Two alternate disembarkation options are offered - Venice (128-night itinerary) and Piraeus-Athens (119-night itinerary). Crystal offers a total of 9 separate itinerary segments ranging from 9- to 23-nights. Voyage's highlights include:
- Visiting the Pyramids of Giza (Egypt), the ruins of Mausoleum of Halicarnassus (Turkey) and Ephesus' Temple of Artemis (Turkey).
- 70x UNESCO Sites
- 5 maiden port calls - Gladstone QLD Australia, Madang PNG, Wewak PNG, Ternate Indonesia, Haa Alif Atoll Maldives.
- Overnights in Panama City, Callao, Easter Island, Bora Bora, Papeete Tahiti, Sydney NSW, Rabaul, Bali (Benoa), Singapore, Chennai/Madras, Colombo, Mahe/Victoria, Barcelona, plus double overnights in Yangon, Mombasa, Venice.
Signature destination include South America, Caribbean, South Pacific and French Polynesia, Australia, PNG, Indonesia; India, Southeast Asia; Indian Ocean islands, Africa’s east coast, Arabian Peninsula and Egypt, Adriatic Sea (Dalmatian Coast).
Fares for Crystal Cruises 2023 World Voyage started at USD 46,700 per person (double occupancy).
Crystal Cruises 2020-2021 Global Itineraries
- Maiden calls in Pohnpei, Majuro, Hambantota, Mooloolaba, Airlie Beach, Alghero.
- Overnight stays in 55 port cities (with at least 1 overnight per voyage) in Livorno, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sihanoukville, Hanoi, Saigon, Yangon, Auckland, Sydney, Saint Petersburg.
- Spring and fall voyages (Crystal Symphony) in Southeast Asia, China, Japan, Singapore.
- 25 Mediterranean cruises, with many 7-day itineraries (on both ships) combinable as B2Bs.
- Special itineraries visiting India and the Middle East (on both vessels), visiting Cochin and Mumbai, Bay of Bengal, Bahrain, Muscat, Aqaba, Dubai, Abu Dhabi.
- European and British Isles itineraries aligned with world events and overnights in Edinburgh (Military Tattoo and Fringe Art Festival), Monaco (Formula 1 Grand Prix), Baltic and North Cape voyages (summer solstice).
- New Transatlantic crossing linking Barcelona, Malaga, Ponta Delgada, Praia da Vitoria, St Johns NL, St Anthony, Saguenay.
- 33-day winter Pacific Ocean itinerary (Crystal Symphony) visits the Hawaiian Islands, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Philippines.
- Holiday cruises (Crystal Symphony) out of Hong Kong to Laem Chabang include New Year’s Eve in Singapore. Crystal Serenity is deployed in the Caribbean.
- Other Crystal Ocean itineraries are along US West Coast, Hawaii, Australia New Zealand, South Pacific Islands, Caribbean.
2020 Crystal Yacht Cruises deployment highlights include:
- A return to Seychelles between late January and March, with 9 new 7-day itineraries roundtrip from Mahe.
- Historically significant itineraries visiting the Rose City of Petra and the Holy Land on a 9- or 11-day trip, Cyprus and the Greek Isles of Delos, Mykonos, Paphos, Santorini, maiden call at Naxos on a 9-day itinerary, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sir Bani Yas Island, Manama, and Doha on an 8-day journey.
- 24 combinable 7-day cruises along the Dalmatian Coast, Aegean, Adriatic, with itineraries focusing on Croatia, Greece, the Cyclades.
- “Dubai Holiday Extravaganza” roundtrip cruise from Dubai, with 2 overnights in the port city for the annual celebration of New Year’s Eve, plus visits to Khasab, Doha, Muscat, Sir Bani Yas Island.
The 200-passenger Crystal Endeavor operates voyages of 12-22 days, exploring the bio-diversity of Japan and Russian Far East, Australia, New Zealand, and Antarctica. Tropical wildlands are also included. In addition to Antarctic exploration, the Endeavor cruise ship follows seasonal shifts to warm destinations. The initial list of itineraries features 12 unique cruises.
Crystal Endeavor's inaugural (2020) itineraries were later cancelled due to delayed delivery.
- August 10, 2020 "Russian Far East Maiden Expedition", 17-day roundtrip from Tokyo,
- August 27, 2020 "Japan’s Cultural and Coastal Discovery", 17-day roundtrip from Tokyo,
- September 13, 2020 "Island Explorations of Japan", 16-day from Tokyo to Taipei,
- September 29, 2020 "Philippines, Borneo and Indonesia Quest", 16-day from Taipei to Bali,
- October 15, 2020 "Indonesian Immersive and The Great Barrier Reef", 16-day from Bali to Cairns,
- October 31, 2020 "Australian Offshore and The Great Barrier Reef", 14-day from Cairns to Sydney,
- November 4, 2020 "Tasmania and The Fjords of New Zealand", 14-day from Sydney to Christchurch,
- November 28, 2020 "New Zealand Immersion", 12-day from Christchurch to Auckland,
- December 10, 2020 "The Remote Coasts of New Zealand", 12-day from Auckland to Christchurch,
- December 22, 2020 "Holiday Expedition to New Zealand and Australia", 15-day from Christchurch to Tasmania,
- January 6, 2021 "Antarctica and The Ross Sea Expedition", 22-day from Hobart to Christchurch,
- January 28, 2021 "Antarctica and The Ross Sea Expedition", 22-day from Christchurch to Hobart.
The Crystal yacht Endeavor is planned to embark from Anadyr Russia to Tromso Norway on August 18, 2021. On the 28-day Northeast Passage expedition, the superyacht visits some of the most remote islands and archipelagos in the world, including Ayon and Medvezhiy Islands. The cruise calls at places that are hardly occupied since polar explorer Nils A.E.Nordenskjold first successfully transited the passage in 1878-1879.
Itinerary highlights include Franz Josef Land, UNESCO World Heritage Site Wrangel Island, The New Siberian Islands, Cape Chelyuskin on the Taimyr Peninsula, and Severnaya Zemlya. The trip also visits Murmansk and several Russian Federation ports such as Novaya Zemlya and Solovetsky Island. Crystal Endeavor visits Russia's territorial waterways East Siberian Sea, White Sea, Barents Sea, Laptev Sea, with numerous opportunities for coastal navigation and zodiac landings (shoreside activities are subject to sea and weather conditions).
Passengers on the Northeast Passage journey benefit from 1-day pre-cruise hotel accommodations in Anchorage Alaska as well as flight transfer to Anadyr Russia. The itineraries for Endeavor’s inaugural season (August 2020-January 2021) ranged 12-22 days. The maiden voyage (August 10, 2020) was planned as Tokyo roundtrip (17-day Russian Far East Expedition).
The planned for Crystal Endeavor cruises (2020) were to Antarctica, Adelie Coast, Ross Sea, South Georgia (UK), Falkland Islands/Islas Malvinas, Macquarie Island, Svalbard Norway, Greenland, Canadian Arctic, plus 3c Japan-based roundtrips from Tokyo.
With the launch of Endeavor, Crystal Expedition Cruises released a new planning guide for seasons 2020-2021, with itineraries grouped as Cultural Discovery, Destination Exploration, Remote Expedition. In 2020, the ship had scheduled expedition voyages through Russia's Far East and Japan, Antarctica (via Ross Sea), Australia and Great Barrier Reef, New Zealand and Tasmania, Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Borneo, The Philippines). In 2021, Endeavor is scheduled to add Sub-Antarctic Islands (New Zealand) Aleutian Islands (USA) and Alaska, the UK and Norway, South America, Transatlantic crossings, Canary Islands, Northeast Passage.
Crystal Ocean Cruises unveiled a selection of expanded itineraries (“Grand Journeys”) that combine existing worldwide itineraries (on Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony) as shorter segments of their scheduled longer voyages. New for 2020 Crystal Grand Journeys visit the Mediterranean, Western Europe, Central America, Caribbean, Southeast Asia, South Pacific Islands. With multiple overnights on every extended cruise and nearly no repeating call ports, Grand Journeys range between 14-27 days. Greek Isles and Holy Land are included in one expanded itinerary, another one explores El Salvador, Costa Rica, Mexico, Nicaragua, New Orleans.
For 2020 are planned a total of 29 Crystal Getaways (4 to 14 day long voyages), including 3 new - in the regions of the Hawaiian Islands, South Pacific Islands, and Southeast Asia.
- 8-nights Haute Caribbean Holiday (December 22, 2019) from Miami to Turks and Caicos, Antigua, Barbados, St. Maarten; 7-nights (December 30, 2019) from Barbados to Tortola, Key West, Miami.
- 8-nights Timeless Treasures and Ancient Cultures (March 20, 2020) from Singapore to Malaysia, Thailand, Sri Lanka; 6-nights (March 28, 2020) from Sri Lanka to Cochin and Mumbai.
- 8-nights Empires of Past and Present (April 3, 2020) from Mumbai to Oman, the gulfs of Aden and Aqaba, Jordan; 10-nights (April 11, 2020) from Aqaba to Israel, Cyprus, Crete, Italy.
- 4-nights Icons of the Mediterranean (July 10, 2020) from Monte Carlo to Florence, Rome, Sorrento; 5-nights (July 14, 2020) from Sorrento to Dubrovnik, Venice.
- 6-nights Beyond the Acropolis and Aqaba (October 23, 2020) from Athens (Piraeus) to Rhodes, Israel, Aqaba; 10-nights (October 29, 2020) from Aqaba to the gulfs of Aden and Aqaba, Oman, Dubai.
In June 2020, Crystal Cruises announced 7-night Sunkissed Chic and Tropical Interlude Caribbean itineraries for Crystal Serenity for October-November 2020. Sailing between Miami Florida and San Juan Puerto Rico, the itineraries can be combined for an extended 2-week Caribbean vacation, sailing round-trip from Miami FL without repeating ports.
The new Caribbean itineraries for Crystal Serenity include:
- Sunkissed Chic, Miami to San Juan, embarking Oct 1, Oct 15, and Oct 29: visiting Cruz Bay, St. John USVI (maiden call); St. John’s, Gustavia (Saint Barthelemy Island) (overnight), Philipsburg.
- Tropical Interlude, San Juan to Miami, embarking Oct 8, Oct 22, and Nov 5: visiting Ocho Rios, George Town, and Costa Maya.
The company's 2021 program on Serenity and Symphony includes a total of 68 itineraries to 238 destinations in 53 countries, including 175 UNESCO Sites. Booking options vary from the 139-day “Ancient Dynasties and World Wonders” (World Cruise on Crystal Serenity) to ten 7-day Mediterranean voyages (on Crystal Symphony). Most itineraries include shorter segments easily combinable with other voyages and without repeating seaports. Highlights of Crystal's 2021 program include:
- 9 maiden calls in Townsville, Banda Neira, Ambon, Burgas, Novorossiysk, Batumi, Seydisfjordur, Dingle, Kepez.
- At least 1 overnight stay on every voyage (over 100 in total) with as many as 4 overnights on a single cruise and double on many.
- 175 UNESCO Sites, including Angkor Wat, the Imperial Palaces of Ming and Qing Dynasties, Mont-Saint-Michel, Luxor, and the historic cities of Corfu, Dubrovnik, Florence.
- 4 voyages to and from Dublin (on Crystal Serenity) to Cork, Dingle, Belfast, Edinburgh (Military Tattoo Festival), Liverpool.
- 6 voyages in Southeast Asia (on Crystal Symphony) visiting Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand.
- Cruises to Japan and China (on Crystal Serenity) visit Tokyo (Mount Fuji), Kyoto, Shanghai (Jade Buddha), Beijing (Forbidden City, Great Wall).
- India and Arabian Gulf voyages with overnights in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, offering opportunities to explore Mumbai’s bazaars and Bollywood, Petra and Wadi Rum from Aqaba, the Valley of Kings and Luxor from Safaga,
- Holy Land cruise aboard Crystal Symphony with 2 days in Ashdod, allowing passengers to explore Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, as well as the sacred sites of Rome,
- Transcontinental journeys from Asia to Africa across Indian Ocean, exploring Malaysia, Maldives, Seychelles, and Sri Lanka, and offering safari options in Mombasa (post-cruise Crystal Symphony), as well as a new transatlantic option from Dublin to NYC that explores the treasures of Ireland and the colonial history of New England (Crystal Serenity),
- 19 sailings of 10 days/fewer, aboard both cruise ships, allowing ample opportunity to embark on dream luxury voyages through the Italian Riviera, Cote d’Azur, Greek Isles, Caribbean, Dalmatian Coast, Northern Europe, Canada, and New England,
- Holiday cruises through the Caribbean isles including 2 days in Barbados and round-trip travel from Miami on Crystal Serenity, as well as an extravagant New Year’s Eve celebration in Sydney on Crystal Symphony through New Zealand and Australia.
Crystal Yacht Cruises program for Crystal Esprit (1989-built as "MegaStar Taurus") includes 45 departures, nearly all of which are 7-day itineraries easily combined into B2Bs. 11 new voyages include routes along Turkey's Turquoise Coast, along the Greek Isles and Dalmatian Coast, Seychelles Islands, Holy Lands, and UAE. Crystal Esprit 2021 itineraries include:
- Turquoise Coast of Turkey: three 10-day itineraries exploring Turkish Riviera
- Dalmatian Coast: twenty-two 7-day itineraries exploring Croatia, Slovenia, and Montenegro
- Seychelles: nine 7-day itineraries exploring Laraie Bay, Curieuse Island, and Mahe
- Greek Isles: five 7-day itineraries
- United Arab Emirates: four 6-, 7-, 9- and 12-day itineraries exploring the Arabian Gulf
- Holy Lands: two 8- and 11-day itineraries exploring Cyprus, Israel, Egypt, Jordan.
Crystal Ocean's 2022 itinerary program (ships Symphony and Serenity) has 67 itineraries (7- to 19-night), 21 B2Bs ("Grand Journey" back-to-back cruises) and 1 "World Cruise" (with 5 homeport options and 86- to 116-night itinerary segments). 2022 program's highlights include:
- 5 maiden port calls - Le Lavandou (France), Port Royal (Jamaica), Carrara (Italy), Celukan Bawang (Bali, Indonesia), and Galle (Sri Lanka)
- 46 overnight call ports, 8 double overnight call ports
- 157 UNESCO sites - including Halong Bay (Vietnam), Mt Etna (Sicily), Jatiluwih Rice Terraces (Bali, Indonesia), Bagan Archaeological Museum, Florence's downtown, Tuscany's Medici Villas.
- 3 well-known festivals - Military Tattoo (Edinburgh), Monaco Grand Prix (Monte Carlo), World Expo Floriade (Amsterdam)
- Alaskan cruises (Crystal Serenity) with 7 (7- and 11-night) itineraries
- cruises through Panama Canal (Crystal Serenity)
- Asia cruises (Crystal Symphony)
- April through November 2022 cruises in Europe (Mediterranean, Black Sea, Holy Land, Baltic Sea) on Crystal Symphony. These voyages range 7- to 13-nights and visits ports on the Spanish-French-Italian rivieras, UK, Scandinavia-Russia, Greek Islands.
- Christmas and New Year cruises in the Caribbean (Crystal Serenity) and Arabia (Crystal Symphony)
- Crystal Serenity's "World Cruise 2022" has segments 86 to 116-nights and is company's 27th Around the World voyage.
In November 2019, Crystal Expedition Cruises announced a preview of Crystal Endeavor's deployment in 2022, with itineraries priced from USD 6300 per person. The German-built, 200-passenger superyacht offers 28 voyages (9 to 19 nights), of which 2/3 are “Remote Expedition” journeys visiting Antarctica, High Arctic, Svalbard Norway, Greenland, Iceland, Falkland Islands, Chilean Fjords. The remaining “Cultural Discovery” journeys and “Destination Exploration” voyages explore Africa’s Ivory Coast, Western Europe, British Isles, Panama Canal, Caribbean.
Highlights of Crystal Yacht Cruises 2022 collection include:
- NEW Arctic Collection of 8 cruises, with itineraries navigating Norway's fjords to Svalbard and the Arctic Circle; another one exploring Norway, Iceland, and Svalbard via Brasvellbreen and the Greenland Sea; intensive Iceland itinerary crossing the Arctic Circle, Greenland’s east coast fjords and glaciers as well as northern Canada itineraries.
- New “river expedition” on 2 cruises, with one itinerary sailing up Guadalquivir to dock in Seville for 2 nights and 3 full days, along with overnights in Lisbon and Bordeaux and visits to Morocco, Spain, and Portugal; another cruising to Nantes on Loire River, overnighting in Bordeaux via Garonne River and spending 2 nights in Amsterdam, along with visits to Brittany and Channel Islands.
- New Africa collection of 3 voyages, exploring Africa’s forested islands, Ivory Coast, and Gold Coast. The trade history, culture, and art of Angola, Kakum National Park in Ghana, the beaches and forests of Sierra Leone and Tacugama Chimpanzee Sanctuary provide an in-depth exploration of the natural treasures of the region.
- New South American west coast exploration on 3 cruises, one journey combining the natural beauty of Darien Jungle in Panama and the Utria National Park in Colombia with Peru’s pre-Colombian UNESCO Sites; another one venturing past glaciers, into the Chilean fjords and Patagonia, and around Cape Horn; and another unveiling the mysterious Nazca Lines and Chilean Lake Region around Puerto Montt.
- 9 voyages to Antarctica, including the Falkland Islands, Weddell Sea, Antarctic Peninsula, and South Georgia. Offered from January through March 2022 and from November 2022 through January 2023, the new itineraries allow for opportunistic exploration based on wildlife sightings, conditions for landings, and guidance from expedition leaders.
The complete 2023 deployment for Crystal Serenity includes 32 voyages ranging in length 7-23 nights, including a 140-night World Cruise (themed " "Wild Kingdoms and Exotic Discoveries"). Signature regions and destinations include South Pacific Islands, Africa (Egypt), Canada and New England, the Americas, Caribbean, Mediterranean.
Highlights of Crystal Serenity's deployment planned for 2023 include:
- "Wild Kingdoms and Exotic Discoveries" world voyage - 73 destinations (40 countries), 5 maiden ports, 16 overnights
- (June through August) Mediterranean, Black Sea and Western Europe - Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Black Sea ports (Bulgaria, Georgia, Romania, Turkey), Adriatic Sea/Dalmatian Coast (Croatia and Montenegro), Iberia (Spain-Portugal)
- (September through October) Canada - New England ports - Bar Harbor, Newport, Quebec City, Manhattan, Boston
- (November through December) Caribbean islands - St Johns Antigua, Gustavia St Barthelemy, Basseterre St Kitts, Philipsburg St Maarten
Outside the full World Cruise, itineraries can be combined for up to 100 days of cruising without repeating a port.
Crystal Ocean cruise 2023 itineraries
On August 1, 2020, were opened bookings for Crystal Symphony's 2023 program - 36 itineraries (6- to 15-night) with 23x of 10-days or fewer. Signature regions include India, Southeast Asia; Holy Land, Egypt, Middle East; Baltic, Mediterranean, Australia.
March and November itineraries are through India and Southeast Asia. March, April and October itineraries are through Egypt, Holy Land, Middle East. Spring, summer and autumn voyages are in Black Sea, Mediterranean Sea, Adriatic Sea (Dalmatian Coast).
Crystal Symphony’s 2023 program features 5 maiden port calls - (Kampot, Khor Fakkan, Bristol, Malmo, Gisborne) new homeport (Eilat Israel), return to Skagen Denmark (first time in 9 years), overnight in Antwerp Belgium. Boutique ports include Bordeaux’s downtown, Antalya, Port Vendres, Paphos.
A turnaround in Rouen France features a land tour to Paris City. The overnight in Le Havre brings passengers to Seine River, Paris, Giverny. The overnight in Edinburgh allows them to enjoy the Military Tattoo festival. New routes include Scandinavia-Paris (Copenhagen-Le Havre), Iceland-Baltic, London-Bordeaux. Visited UNESCO Sites include Saint-Emilion, Bordeaux, Rioja Wine Region (Spain), Israel’s Old City of Acre and Western Galilee, Egypt’s Giza Pyramids, Luxor and the Valley of the Kings and Queens.
In 2023, Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony sail a total of 68 itineraries (6 to 23 nights) with B2B (back-to-back) options for longer voyages. The program has 216 call ports (10 maiden) in 92 countries on 6 continents. Crystal Serenity in 2023 is deployed in North America (Caribbean, Canada and New England USA). Both ships have extended summer seasons in Western Europe and the Mediterranean.
Crystal RIVER cruise itineraries
In July 2015, Genting announced its expansion plan with building new ships for its river cruise line (brand). The new boats feature larger staterooms and a bigger space-to-guest ratio in comparison to other riverboats. Their itineraries are planned to maximize port times for quality tour experiences ashore.
Crystal's new river brand started operations in 2016 and exclusively on European waterways. The company’s product is well known worldwide for its exceptional quality and fully all-inclusive deals. Itineraries are on the rivers Rhine, Main, Danube, Moselle, and intentionally deviate from traditional routes to avoid congestion in call ports. The list of destinations (visited countries along the itinerary) includes Germany, Switzerland, Holland, France, Belgium, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary. On Grand European itineraries (between Baltic Sea and Black Sea) are additionally included river ports of call in the Balkan countries Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania.
Crystal River Cruises operates a fleet of all 5 (for now) "river yachts" - Crystal Bach (2017), Crystal Debussy (2018), Crystal Mahler (2017), Crystal Ravel (2018) and Crystal Mozart (2016, fka MS Mozart / 1987-built). All riverboats navigate on rivers in Europe only. The new river cruisetour itineraries are:
- Crystal Mozart (maiden voyage July 13, 2016) - Danube itineraries (10 or 11 nights) visited Wachau Valley (Vienna, Passau, Bratislava) or Eastern Danube (Vienna, Budapest, Belgrade).
- Crystal Debussy (maiden voyage June 4, 2017) - offers 5-, 7- and 10-day Seine River itineraries with multiple overnights in Paris. Visited port city destinations included Honfleur, Normandy beaches, Deauville, Rouen.
- Crystal Bach (maiden voyage June 18, 2017) - the 14-day inaugural cruise (on Rhine and Moselle rivers) visited Amsterdam, Basel, Antwerp,
- Crystal Ravel (maiden voyage August 8, 2017) - cruises on Garonne (also Gironde Estuary) and Dordogne Rivers in France on 7-day itineraries with 2-days (overnight stay) in Bordeaux and visiting Pauillac, Blaye, Libourne.
- Crystal Mahler (maiden voyage August 29, 2017) - cruises on Rhine, Main and Danube rivers. The Inaugural Cruise (16-day "Grand Europe") included overnights in Budapest, Vienna, Passau, Amsterdam.
All riverboats also offer themed Christmas and New Year's Eve voyages. "Crystal River Getaways" itineraries include:
- (Crystal Bach) 7-day "Romantic Rhine" between Amsterdam and Mainz, 7-day "Rhine Serenade" between Mainz and Frankfurt, plus 3 previously announced Getaways to Belgium and Holland, highlighting region's springtime tulips (high-season) in April-May.
- (Crystal Mahler) 7-day "Delightful Danube" between Regensburg and Budapest, 9-day "European Escape" between Amsterdam and Regensburg
- (Crystal Ravel) 8-day "European Treasures" between Nuremberg and Basel, 6-day Danube Getaway, between Vienna and Nuremberg.
In 2020, Crystal's 5-riverboat fleet cruises on Europe's largest inland waterways, with itineraries ranging 7- to 16-days, visiting large port cities and picturesque medieval towns. Fleet's 2020 deployment allows travellers to enjoy Europe's best-known culture destinations, festivals, Christmas markets, Bavaria's cuisine and wines. Passengers can attend in Oberammergau (Bavaria) live performances during select voyages on the ships Debussy, Mahler and Ravel.
2020 Rhine and Moselle cruises (ships Bach, Debussy)
- 7-day “Legendary Rhine,” from Basel to Amsterdam, with overnights in Amsterdam and Koblenz, calling in Cologne, Rudesheim, Mannheim, Strasbourg.
- 7-day “Romantic Rhine,” from Amsterdam to Basel, with overnights in Amsterdam and Koblenz, calling in Cologne, Rudesheim, Mannheim, Strasbourg.
- 7-day “Tulips and Windmills,” round-trip from Amsterdam, beginning/ending with overnights in Amsterdam, calling in Kinderdjik, Hoorn, Rotterdam, Middleburg, Ghent, Antwerp.
- 10-day “Enchanting Moselle,” round-trip from Amsterdam, with overnights in Amsterdam and Trier, calling in Dusseldorf, Koblenz, Bernkastel, Cochem, Bonn, Arnhem.
- 10-day “Rhine Christmas Markets,” from Amsterdam to Basel/Basel to Amsterdam, beginning/ending with overnights in Amsterdam and Basel (double overnights), and overnights in Koblenz and Rudesheim (northbound), calling in Breisach, Rudesheim, Speyer, Cologne, Mainz and Strasbourg (northbound).
2020 Danube cruises (ships Mahler, Ravel, Mozart)
- 7-day “Delightful Danube,” from Budapest to Regensburg/Regensburg to Budapest, with overnights in Budapest, Regensburg, Vienna, and calling in Durnstein, Melk, Passau, and cruising Wachau Valley.
- 7-day “Danube Serenade,” from Vienna to Budapest/Budapest to Vienna, with overnights in Budapest and Vienna, calling in Weissenkirchen (Mozart only), Durnstein, Melk, Linz, Krems, Bratislava, and cruising Wachau Valley.
- 10-day “Treasures of the Danube,” round-trip from Vienna, beginning/ending with overnights in Vienna, Budapest, and Passau, calling in Bratislava, Durnstein, Melk, Linz, and cruising Wachau Valley.
2020 "Ultimate Journeys" (Danube-Rhine-Main rivers combined)
- 16-day “Grand Europe,” from Budapest to Amsterdam/Amsterdam to Budapest, with overnights in Budapest, Amsterdam, Vienna, Regensburg (westbound) and Rudesheim (eastbound), calling in Bratislava, Durnstein, Melk, Passau, Regensburg, Nurnberg, Rudesheim, Bamberg, Cologne, Miltenberg, Wurzburg, Koblenz, and Middle Rhine River Valley (westbound).
2020 Holiday River Cruises
- 12-day (Dec 21) Crystal Ravel Holiday Cruise, from Regensburg to Vienna (New Year’s Eve in Vienna), beginning with an overnight in Regensburg, spending double overnights in Vienna and Budapest, an overnight in Linz, calling in Passau, Melk, Krems, Esztergom, Bratislava.
- 11-day (Dec 22) Crystal Bach Holiday Cruise from Basel to Amsterdam (New Year’s Eve in Amsterdam), with overnights in Basel, Rudesheim, and Breisach, a double overnight in Amsterdam, calling in Strasbourg, Mannheim, Worms, Koblenz, Dusseldorf, Arnhem, Lelystad.
- 10-day (Dec 23) Crystal Mahler Holiday Cruise from Vienna to Budapest (New Year’s Eve in Budapest), beginning/ending with double overnights in Budapest and Vienna, calling in Melk, Linz, and cruising Wachau Valley, Vilshofen, Regensburg, Passau, Bratislava.
River cruise prices on 2020 itineraries start at USD 2550 per person (double-occupancy cabin rates). In January 2020, Crystal announced its collection of 2022 itineraries. The 4 riverboats (Bach, Debussy, Mahler, Ravel) operate 7- to 10-night itineraries through Holland and Belgium. Itineraries 2022 include:
- 7-night “Tulips and Windmills” (April-May) and “Dutch and Belgian Waterways” (July and August) cruises, both beginning and ending with overnight stays in Amsterdam. Ports of call include Kinderdijk, Hoorn, Rotterdam, Middleburg, Ghent, and Antwerp.
- 7-night “Legendary Rhine” cruise from Basel to Amsterdam with calls in Cologne, Rudesheim, Mannheim, and Strasbourg.
- 7-night “Romantic Rhine” from Amsterdam to Basel with overnights in Koblenz and Amsterdam, and calls in Cologne, Rudesheim, Mannheim, and Strasbourg.
- 9-night “Revel on the Rhine” holiday cruise roundtrip from Amsterdam with stops in Cologne, Rudesheim, Mannheim, Koblenz, and Arnhem.
- 7-night “Treasures of Southeast Europe” from Giurgiu to Budapest or the reverse with overnights in Budapest, Vidin (westbound only), and Novi Sada (eastbound only), and stops in Mohacs, Vukovar, and Belgrade.
- 7-night “Danube Dreams and Discoveries” cruise roundtrip from Vienna with overnights in Vienna and Budapest, and calls in Esztergom, Bratislava, Krems, Melk, Linz, including sailing through the Wachau Valley.
- 7-night “Delightful Danube” from Vilshofen to Budapest featuring overnights in Vienna and Budapest, and calls in Dürnstein, Melk, Linz, Bratislava, Passau, and Wachau Valley sailing.
- 9-night “Joyous Danube Celebration” cruise roundtrip from Vienna. It features overnights in Budapest and Vienna, calls in Bratislava, Krems, Melk, and Linz, and Wachau Valley sailing.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All river passenger shipping line companies and their fleets are listed there.
Crystal Cruises related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The top-luxury brand Crystal Cruises announced in an update on its website on Friday, July 31, that it will cancel all yacht (ships Esprit and...August 3, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Reservations are open for the 2023 itineraries on Crystal Symphony. In all, the premium cruise ship is scheduled to sail 36 itineraries (6- to 15...August 1, 2020
- Cruise Industry
On July 24, Crystal Cruises commemorated its 30th anniversary of luxury cruising. The company's Crystal Harmony sailed from San Francisco CA to...July 26, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) announced that its ocean-going member brands/companies would voluntarily extend the cruise suspension...June 20, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises announced 7-night Caribbean itineraries (themed as "Sunkissed Chic and Tropical Interlude") for the ship Crystal Serenity, with...June 14, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The premium brand Crystal Cruises introduced a new policy to protect future customers in the event of unexpected itinerary changes. On June 2, the...June 4, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises announced the complete 2023 deployment for its 980-passenger Crystal Serenity. Across 32 sailings ranging in length from 7 to 23...May 30, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The themed "Wild Kingdoms and Exotic Discoveries" world voyage of Crystal Serenity is packed with 73 destinations, including 5 maiden ports and 16...May 28, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Crystal River Cruises launched its 2021 itinerary collection (2021 River Atlas) for the riverboats (sisterships) Crystal Bach, Crystal Debussy...May 3, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The Crystal River Cruises fleet of 4 sisterships (Crystal Debussy, Crystal Mahler, Crystal Ravel, Crystal Bach) was granted the Green Award...April 20, 2020
- show more news