Scenic Eclipse current position
Current itinerary of Scenic Eclipse
Scenic Eclipse current cruise is 10 days, one-way from Helsinki to Copenhagen. Prices start from USD 8035 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 24 May, 2022 and ends on 03 Jun, 2022.
|Date / Time||Port|
|24 May||Departing from Helsinki, Finland hotels|
|24 May - 26 May||Stockholm, Sweden|
|26 May||Oslo, Norway|
|26 May||Alesund, Norway|
|26 May - 27 May||Geiranger, Norway|
|27 May||Geiranger, Norway|
|27 May - 28 May||Geiranger, Norway|
|28 May - 29 May|
|29 May||Flam, Norway|
|29 May - 31 May||Bergen, Norway|
|31 May - 01 Jun|
|01 Jun - 03 Jun||Oslo, Norway|
|03 Jun||Arriving in Copenhagen, Denmark hotels|
Specifications of Scenic Eclipse
|Year built||2019 / Age: 3|
|Builder||Uljanik Shipyard (Pula, Croatia)|
|Class||ice-strengthened expedition mega-yacht|
|Building cost||EUR 190 million (USD 230 million)|
|Speed||17 kn / 31 kph / 20 mph|
|Length (LOA)||168 m / 551 ft|
|Beam (width)||22 m / 72 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||17085 gt|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Sister-ships||Scenic Eclipse 2|
|Christened by||Helen Mirren|
|Owner||Scenic Group (Australia)|
|Operator||Scenic Yacht Cruises|
Scenic Eclipse Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2022 Apr 27||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$9817|
|2022 Apr 27||18 days, one-way from Lisbon to Civitavecchia-Rome||Lisbon||$19622|
|2022 May 24||10 days, one-way from Helsinki to Copenhagen||Helsinki||$8035|
|2022 Jun 07||3 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Bergen||Copenhagen||$8044|
|2022 Jun 18||8 days, one-way from Lisbon to Amsterdam||Lisbon||$11670|
|2022 Jun 30||13 days, one-way from Bergen to Longyearbyen||Bergen||$15643|
|2022 Jul 02||6 days, one-way from Bergen to Copenhagen||Bergen||$7190|
|2022 Jul 05||11 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Helsinki||Copenhagen||$8037|
|2022 Jul 13||10 days, round-trip 10 Night Arctic in Depth Cruise||Longyearbyen|
|2022 Jul 23||10 days, round-trip 10 Night Arctic in Depth Cruise||Longyearbyen|
|2022 Aug 02||11 days, one-way from Longyearbyen to Tromso||Longyearbyen|
|2022 Aug 02||11 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Helsinki||Copenhagen||$8033|
|2022 Aug 05||11 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Kangerlussuaq||Reykjavik||$11795|
|2022 Aug 05||26 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Herschel Island||Reykjavik||$42327|
|2022 Aug 13||17 days, round-trip 17 Night Franz Josef Land Adventure Cruise||Tromso|
|2022 Aug 16||11 days, one-way from Helsinki to Copenhagen||Helsinki||$8047|
|2022 Aug 16||20 days, one-way from Kangerlussuaq to Nome||Kangerlussuaq||$28196|
|2022 Aug 30||11 days, one-way from Tromso to Longyearbyen||Tromso|
|2022 Aug 30||11 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Helsinki||Copenhagen|
|2022 Sep 10||11 days, one-way from Longyearbyen to Tromso||Longyearbyen|
|2022 Sep 13||3 days, one-way from Helsinki to Geiranger||Helsinki||$8030|
|2022 Sep 21||12 days, one-way from Tromso to Copenhagen||Tromso|
|2022 Sep 28||13 days, one-way from San Diego to Puntarenas||San Diego||$9895|
|2022 Nov 25||5 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires|
|2022 Dec 13||5 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires|
|2023 Jan 29||5 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires|
|2023 Feb 09||5 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires||$5508|
|2023 Mar 10||5 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires|
|2023 Apr 13||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$8892|
|2023 Apr 13||18 days, one-way from Lisbon to Civitavecchia-Rome||Lisbon||$18834|
|2023 Apr 16||8 days, round-trip 8 Night Sea of Cortez in Depth Cruise||Loreto||$7601|
|2023 Apr 23||8 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia-Rome||Barcelona||$8630|
|2023 Apr 24||9 days, one-way from Loreto to San Diego||Loreto||$7891|
|2023 Apr 24||18 days, one-way from Loreto to Vancouver||Loreto||$15399|
|2023 May 12||29 days, one-way from Vancouver to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky||Vancouver||$26310|
|2023 May 21||8 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Barcelona||Civitavecchia-Rome||$7595|
|2023 May 27||13 days, one-way from Nome to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky||Nome||$14846|
|2023 May 27||25 days, one-way from Nome to Otaru||Nome||$25742|
|2023 May 29||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$10197|
|2023 May 29||21 days, one-way from Barcelona to Bergen||Barcelona||$18598|
|2023 Jun 08||11 days, one-way from Lisbon to Bergen||Lisbon||$11117|
|2023 Jun 09||12 days, one-way from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky to Otaru||Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky||$14762|
|2023 Jun 19||13 days, one-way from Bergen to Longyearbyen||Bergen||$18851|
|2023 Jun 19||23 days, one-way from Bergen to Longyearbyen||Bergen||$31401|
|2023 Jun 21||6 days, one-way from Bergen to Copenhagen||Bergen||$7499|
|2023 Jun 21||11 days, one-way from Otaru to Kobe-Osaka||Otaru||$14827|
|2023 Jun 21||22 days, round-trip 22 Night Ultimate Japan Circumnavigation Cruise||Otaru||$29901|
|2023 Jul 02||8 days, one-way from Kobe-Osaka to Tokyo||Kobe-Osaka||$12297|
|2023 Jul 02||11 days, one-way from Kobe-Osaka to Otaru||Kobe-Osaka||$14821|
|2023 Jul 13||12 days, one-way from Otaru to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky||Otaru||$14759|
|2023 Jul 13||24 days, one-way from Otaru to Nome||Otaru||$28866|
|2023 Jul 25||8 days, round-trip 8 Night Iceland in Depth Cruise||Reykjavik||$9525|
|2023 Jul 25||12 days, one-way from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky to Nome||Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky||$14847|
|2023 Jul 25||37 days, one-way from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky to Tromso||Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky||$49619|
|2023 Jul 27||5 days, round-trip 7 Night Iceland The Land of Fire and Ice Cruise||Reykjavik||$6094|
|2023 Jul 28||5 days, round-trip 7 Night Iceland The Land of Fire and Ice Cruise||Reykjavik||$6098|
|2023 Aug 02||32 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Nome||Reykjavik||$42519|
|2023 Aug 02||11 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Kangerlussuaq||Reykjavik||$13228|
|2023 Aug 06||25 days, one-way from Nome to Tromso||Nome||$35239|
|2023 Aug 13||21 days, one-way from Kangerlussuaq to Nome||Kangerlussuaq||$26895|
|2023 Aug 31||21 days, one-way from Tromso to Lisbon||Tromso||$21185|
|2023 Aug 31||11 days, one-way from Tromso to Copenhagen||Tromso||$13818|
|2023 Sep 04||6 days, one-way from Bergen to Copenhagen||Bergen||$7503|
|2023 Sep 11||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Lisbon||Copenhagen||$10101|
|2023 Sep 21||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$8888|
|2023 Oct 01||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$8903|
Scenic Eclipse Review
Review of Scenic Eclipse
The 2019-built Scenic Eclipse cruise ship is a top-luxury boat with max passenger capacity 228 (plus 192 staff-crew) that looks more like a tycoon-owned superyacht than a passenger vessel. Its design features an ice-strengthened hull, top-deck helipad (with two on-deck stored helicopters / in hangars), 12x Zodiacs (high-speed, large-capacity RIBs / rigid inflatable boats), 1x mini-sub (7-person submarine), 1x ROV (camera-equipped Remotely Operated Vehicle). The aft-located Marina Platform is used for launching water sports equipment (aqua quad-bikes, seakayaks, paddleboards, snorkeling and scuba diving activities).
With the yacht Scenic Eclipse, the river cruisetour company Scenic Tours (travel brand) entered the ocean cruising market. The ship was initially scheduled for delivery in August 2018, but due to construction issues was first rescheduled for January, then for April 2019. In February 2018, the shipowner Scenic Tours Australia signed a shipbuilding contract for the second (same-design) vessel - Scenic Eclipse II. The sistership was scheduled for delivery in 2020 but eventually postponed to 2023-Q1.
Scenic's new market strategy followed the moves of Viking River Cruises (entering the ocean market in 2015 with Viking Star) and Crystal Cruises (entering the mega-yachting market in 2015 with Crystal Esprit/now Nat Geo Islander 2).
Scenic's new ships are advertised as "discovery yachts". The hull has the highest passenger ship ice-class (1A-Super) allowing the vessel to operate on polar cruises (Arctic and Antarctica itineraries) for 3 months a year. On polar voyages, the ship's passenger capacity is limited to 200 in order to allow several Zodiac landings per day.
The ship's two helicopters Airbus H130 (single-engine aircraft, each with capacity 7 passengers) can be booked/hired at extra charge. Helicopter tours allow passengers to get closer to the wildlife in comparison to the Zodiac landings. Also at an additional charge can be booked the ship's onboard submarine. The 7-person submarine (1 pilot plus 6 guests) is named "Scenic Neptune" and is capable to submerge up to 1000 ft (305 m).
The ship has "zero speed stabilizer fins" (50% larger than the standard on similar-sized vessels) allowing it to navigate in rough seas with just little movement. Voyages to Antarctica include passing Drake Passage - a notoriously rough waterway between South America and Antarctica.
Decks and Cabins
Scenic Eclipse staterooms (114 total) are all double-occupancy Suites in total 14 categories. Cabin sizes range between 345 ft2 / 32 m2 (Veranda Suite) to 2745 ft2 / 255 m2 (2-Bedroom Penthouse Suite, with included 645 ft2 / 60 m2 wraparound terrace). Owners Penthouse Suites are sized 1990 ft2 / 185 m2 (balcony included). Each cabin has a private step-out balcony. The vessel has an almost 1:1 passenger-to-crew ratio and each stateroom are served by a dedicated butler.
The boat has 10 decks, of which 8 are passenger-accessible and 5 with cabins.
Four Lifts (midship-located Elevators) interconnect all cabin decks.
Other features and all-inclusive amenities include:
- 9 restaurants (including Asian Fusion, steakhouse, seafood, contemporary French and Italian venues, poolside grill, 24/7 room service
- 5x bars and lounges
- Medical Centre / Infirmary
- Discovery Centre
- 240-seat theatre
- 2 (indoor and outdoor) swimming pools
- heated swimming pool (indoor, with retractable glass roof)
- 5900 ft2 (550 m2) spa/wellness complex with heated indoor pool, outdoor Jacuzzis, two Vitality Pools / plunge pools, Hair Salon, Spa treatment/massage rooms
- Gym (with a separate Aerobics Studio for yoga and Pilates)
- Sun Terrace (on Deck 11) is an Outdoor Sundeck with Cabanas and seating (midship-topdeck-located), while aft is the Helipad. Below (aft on Deck 10) are the two Helicopter Hangars.
Scenic yacht cruise deals are inclusive of butler service (regardless cabin category), flights, all tips/gratuities, Discovery Team leaders (20+ professional tour guides on all cruise itineraries, including naturalists, glaciologists, geologists, marine biologists), shore excursions (all land tours and organized events at ports of call and beaches along the itinerary route, expert-led Scenic Free choice activities, discovery excursions by Zodiacs / large-capacity inflatable boats), onboard dining (all dining venues are complimentary / fee-free), onboard entertainment, e-biking, water sports (sea kayaking, snorkeling, scuba diving), premium beverages (at bars and cabin mini-bars).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Scenic Eclipse cruise ship offers all 9 dining venues plus 24-hour room service. The ship also has an impressive number of bars and lounges - 8, which is an extraordinary variety considering the yacht's size. All these options are complimentary (cruise price inclusive).
Specialty dining venues highlight regional cuisine, intimate deck location and dinner privacy at no additional cost. These venues range from the open-kitchen Teppanyaki grill dining (capacity 10 people), Azure Bar & Grill, and Lumiere (French Fine Dining Restaurant) to the Chef's Table (private VIP dining for 8 people). Professional cookery demonstrations are offered at the dedicated Epicure (cooking emporium).
The main dining room restaurant "Elements" offers Italian fare, seafood, and steaks. The other restaurants are named Koko's (Asian, with sake bar), Sushi at Koko's (authentic Japanese), Lumiere (French, with Champagne Bar). The Yacht Club has its own a Bar (beverages), buffet and poolside Grill. Azure Bar & Cafe offers all-day relaxed grazing.
- During refurbishment 2021, the Yacht Club was redesigned and reimagined as a casual dining venue. The area was extended to include a multi-purpose "food island". House-made gelato (premium ice cream) is offered from a new gelato cooler. Large sofas replaced the old tables and armchairs and new wicker swinging egg chairs were added.
- Night Market At Koko's offers street food and traditional Asian dishes (Middle East, India, Southeast Asia).
- Sushi At Koko's offers authentic Japanese cuisine and was expanded to include window seating.
Bars and lounges include Lobby Lounge, Champagne Bar, Whisky Bar, Azure Bar & Cafe. Fine wine, top-shelf beverages, cocktails, specialty teas and coffees are all included in Scenic Cruises' ticket prices.
Fun fact is that the ship has a selection of 110 whisky brands available for ordering at the Whisky Bar. The themed venue is complimentary and part of the main lounge. All the 110 whisky bottles are stored in a floor-ceiling display cabinet with a crystal wall. The selection includes premium single malts (30-yo Isle of Jura The Loch, 25-yo Glendullan, 16-yo Lagavulin), special reserve blends (Johnnie Walker Blue Label, Jameson Black Barrel, Crown Royal Deluxe), various brands from Australia, Asia (Japan, Taiwan, India), South Africa, USA, Europe (UK, France, Sweden). To repeat again - all these top-shelf whiskies are complimentary (cruise ticket price-inclusive).
Scenic Eclipse's "Inaugural Cruise" (maiden voyage) was scheduled for August 31, 2018 (one-way Mediterranean itinerary from Istanbul to Venice). Followed Transatlantic repositioning to Canada (via Iceland) and the Canadian Arctic territories. The ship cruises back to Europe (UK / British Isles). Follows another Atlantic Ocean crossing to the Caribbean (also visiting Cuba), then down to South America (Chilean Fjords) and Antarctica. However, due to construction issues, the launch was delayed and the Inaugural Cruise was re-scheduled for September 22 (repositioning from Europe to Florida).
In September 2018, Scenic released 2019-2020 brochures with 3 versions available (covering Antarctica, Arctic/Baltic, Mediterranean, Americas) all-encompassing both voyages and cruisetour combinations.
- A number of early booking incentives were also announced. Early-bird prices offered up to 10% savings on all voyages; paying in full by October 31 (2018) on any departure, saving USD 300-750 per person. Passengers booking cruise-and-land tour packages received early-bird fares (regardless of booking time) and a free 20-min submarine or helicopter tour (or equivalent onboard credit).
- On select itineraries, the company offered USD 500 per person onboard credit; complimentary deposit protection, free door-to-door airport transfers. Limited sailings offered 50% off the single supplement.
- All Scenic Cruises special offers were on voyages through August 2020 and also combinable with past vouchers and offers.
In April 2021, Scenic announced the Eclipse ship's 2022-2023 Arctic program featuring four new for the company destinations - Northeast Passage, Russian Far East, Japan, Alaska.
- The 26-night/27day "Northeast Passage" itinerary's highlights were cruising Arctic Russia (Arctic Ocean islands and Siberia coastal navigation), Transpacific crossing (Alaska to Chukotka Peninsula), Kamchatka Peninsula, Kuril Islands, Japan, South Korea, Norway's Svalbard Archipelago and Norwegian Fjords, Greenland, Iceland.
- Scenic's "Northeast Passage Cruise 2023" (booking code D31V) was scheduled to depart on August 5 (from Anchorage Alaska) and end on August 31 (in Tromso Norway). Prices started from GBP 22970 (USD 31725 / EUR 26740) per person with double occupancy.
- Call ports included Anchorage AK, Provideniya/Chukotka (day 4), Cape Dezhnev and Uelen Lagoon (day 5), Wrangel Island (day 7), Northeast Passage (days 8 thru 17), Novaya Zemlya (day 18), Franz Josef Land (days 19-20-21), Murmansk (day 24), Vardo Norway (day 25), Skarsvag-Mageroya and Nordkapp (day 26), Tromso (day 27).
- B2B itineraries included 32-day "Northeast Passage and Alaska" (Anchorage to Tromso, prices from GBP 29280 pp), 34-day "Northeast Passage and Scandinavia" (Anchorage to Copenhagen Denmark, prices from GBP 27590 pp) and 40-day "Ultimate Russian Arctic" (Vladivostok to Tromso, prices from GBP 31390 pp).
Prices were inclusive of tours and flights from/to the UK.
A 12-day voyage to Arctic Norway/Svalbard is priced from ~EUR 13300 pp (~USD 15700 / ~GBP 11360).
Schedule 2022-2023 departure dates
Next are listed the ship's departure dates and homeports by destination/region which were announced in 2021.
Antarctica-South Georgia-Falkland Islands
- (2022/Nov 10, Dec 9; 2023/Jan 3, Jan 14, Jan 25, Feb 5, Nov 21, Dec 2, Dec 27) 13-day "Antarctic in Depth" itinerary roundtrip Ushuaia
- (2022/Nov 21; 2023/Feb 16) 20-day "Antarctica, South Georgia & Falkland Islands" roundtrip Ushuaia
- (2022/Dec 20; 2023/Dec3, Dec 13) 16-day "Beyond the Antarctic Circle" roundtrip Ushuaia
Northwest Passage-Arctic Russia-Siberia
- (2022/Jul 22; 2023/Jul 11) 15-day "Arctic Islands: Svalbard, Greenland & Iceland" itinerary from Spitsbergen/Longyearbyen to Reykjavik
- (2022/Aug 5; 2023/Aug 2) 12-day "Exploring the High Arctic" from Reykjavik to Kangerlussuaq
- (2022/Aug 16; 2023/Aug 13) 21-day "Unlocking the Northwest Passage" from Kangerlussuaq to Nome Alaska
- "Jewels of the Russian Far East" (May 27, 2023/14-day) from Nome to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, (Jul 25, 2023/13-day) from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky to Nome
- 13-day "Fire & Ocean: Russia's Kamchatka & The Kurils" (Jun 9, 2023) from Petropavlosk to Otaru, (Jul 13, 2023) from Otaru to Petropavlosk
- (2023/Aug 6) 26-day "Cross the Legendary Northeast Passage" from Nome AK to Tromso
- (2022/Apr 27; 2023/Apr 13, May 29, Sep 21, Oct 1) 11-day "Incredible Iberian Discovery" itinerary between Barcelona and Lisbon
- (2022/May 7; 2023/Apr 23, May 21) 9-day "Riviera Delights" between Barcelona and Civitavecchia-Rome
- (2022/May 15) 9-day "Iconic Treasures of Italy & Greece" from Civitavecchia to Piraeus-Athens
- (2022/May 23) 9-day "Aegean Discovery" roundtrip Piraeus
- (2022/May 31) 9-day "Mediterranean Odyssey: Greece to Malta" from Piraeus to Valetta
- (2022/Jun 8) 11-day "Authentic Andalucia" from Valetta to Lisbon
- (2022/Jun 18; 2023/Jun 8) 12-day "Western Europe Discovery" from Lisbon to Bergen
- (2022/Jun 30; 2023/Jun 19) 14-day "Across the Arctic Circle" from Bergen to Longyearbyen/Spitsbergen
- (2022/Jul 12; 2023/Jul 1) 12-day "Arctic in Depth" roundtrip Longyearbyen
- (2022/Sep 11) 11-day "Culture & Coastlines: A Classic European Explorer" from Copenhagen to Lisbon
- (2023/Jul 25) 9-day "Iceland in Depth" roundtrip Reykjavik
- (2023/Aug 31) 12-day "Majestic Norwegian Fjords" from Tromso to Copenhagen
- 11-day "Sorrentine Peninsula & Adriatic" from Civitavecchia to Venice (2023/May 1) and from Venice to Civitavecchia (2023/May 11)
Alaska-North and South America (2023)
- Alaska "Adventures through the Inside Passage" itinerary from Nome to Vancouver (15-day in 2022/Sep 5, and 16-day in 2023/Sep 3) and from Vancouver to Nome (2023/May 12)
- 10-day "Iconic West Coast Experience" from Vancouver to San Diego (19 Sep 2022/Sep 19; 2023/Sep 18) and frm San Diego to Vancouver (May 3)
- (2022/Sep 18) 14-day "Baja and Costa Rica Discovery" from San Diego to Puerto Caldera-Puntarenas
- (2022/Oct 11) 12-day "Andean Coastal Exploration" from Puerto Caldera to Callao-Lima
- 9-day "Latin America Delights" from Callao to Valparaiso (22 Oct 2022/Oct 22, and 2023/Nov 3) and from Valparaiso to Callao (Mar 19)
- 13-day "Chilean Fjords & Cape Horn" from Valparaiso to Ushuaia (30 Oct 2022, and 2023/Nov 11) and from Ushuaia to Valparaiso (Mar 7)
- (Mar 27) 9-day "Peru to Panama: Along the Andean Coast" from Callao to Panama City/Fuerte Amador (Mar 27) and from Panama City to Callao (Oct 26)
- (Apr 4) 13-day "Central American Discovery" from Panama City to Loreto (Apr 4) and from Loreto to Panama City (Oct 14)
- (Apr 16) 9-day "Sea of Cortez in Depth" roundtrip Loreto
- 10-day "Majestic Coastlines of Baja California" from Loreto to San Diego (Apr 24) and from San Diego to Loreto (Sep 27)
- (Oct 6) 9-day "Into the Wild Sea of Cortez' roundtrip Loreto
- (Oct 27) 9-day "Uruguay & Brazil Uncovered" from Rio de Janeiro to Montevideo
- (Jun 21) 12-day "Japan: A Journey Through Time" itinerary from Otaru to Osaka
- (Jul 2) 12-day "Natural Wonders of Japan" from Osaka to Otaru
- 17-day "Grand Voyage of Discovery" itinerary from Rio de Janeiro to Lisbon (2022/Mar 28) and from Lisbon to Rio de Janeiro (2023/Oct 11)
With season 2023-2024 season were introduced Antarctic fly-cruises between Punta Arenas and King George Island (South Shetlands).
- The 9- and 10-day itineraries skip the ~2-day crossing thru Drake Passage via a 2-hour charter flight.
- The 9-day fly-cruise (Punta Arenas to King George Island) was priced from USD 17417 pp with double occupancy.
- The reverse 10-day fly-cruise (King George Island to Punta Arenas) was priced from USD 17617 pp.
- Each itinerary included an overnight in Punta Arenas.
Scenic Eclipse - user reviews and comments
Photos of Scenic EclipseAdd Photo
Scenic Eclipse ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Cruises' ship Scenic Eclipse made history with the first submersible dive on South Georgia Island in 40 years, since the Falklands War in...February 4, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The ultra-luxury, full all-inclusive travel brand Scenic Yacht Cruises introduced its 2023-2024 itinerary collection. With the introduction of...January 13, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Cruises' superyacht Scenic Eclipse is one of the first cruise ships to return to Antarctica, restarting her ultra-luxury expedition...January 3, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Eclipse recently departed the Red Sea and is making her way to Antarctica (now positioned at Santa Cruz de Tenerife) in preparation for her...December 21, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Cruises' superyacht Scenic Eclipse will be one of the first cruise ships to return to Antarctica when she restarts sailing her ultra-luxury...September 25, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Norway banned cruise ships from offering helicopter tours and submarine rides to the Svalbard Archipelago, which lies midway between the North Pole...September 11, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Cruises revealed details of its recent enhancements, including an entertainment partnership onboard the 6-star Scenic Eclipse ship. Over the...August 25, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Group announced that its ultra-luxury superyacht Scenic Eclipse will do a series of Red Sea itineraries for the first time in 2021. Scenic...July 11, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Scenic Cruises released details of its 2022-2023 Europe and the Mediterranean voayges and land land excursions for the ship Scenic Eclipse. The new...June 6, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The keel-laying ceremony for Scenic Cruises' ship Scenic Eclipse 2, the world's most luxurious polar cruiser, took place at the 3. Maj dock in Rijeka...May 22, 2021
- show more news
Other Scenic Yacht Cruises cruise ships
Scenic Eclipse Wiki
The Malta-flagged luxury superyacht Scenic Eclipse (IMO number 9797371, MMSI 248526000) was built with the latest technological advancements in order to ensure the highest safety standards. It has custom-built stabilizers (50% bigger than other vessels) and an ice-strengthened hull. The vessel's state-of-the-art fins (propulsion units) are able to adjust themselves, enabling the ship to handle the strongest water currents and to remain stable.
Unlike other ships that use traditional anchors, the cruise ship is fitted with a dynamic positioning system. It uses GPS data to accurately maintain its position, which is an eco-friendly way to control the vessel. Other environmentally sustainable systems are advanced / more efficient marine engines and water treatment system.
On November 22, 2016, started vessel's construction with the steel-cutting ceremony held at Uljanik Shipyard JSC (Pula Croatia), Ship's integrated navigation and automation system was provided by the Norwegian company Kongsberg Maritime. This modern technology combines the following systems - Navigation, Dynamic Positioning, Automation, Emergency Shutdown, Power Management, Safety Management, and Control. The system is integrated with online diagnostics and remote service facilities.
On April 28, 2017, at Uljanik Shipyard was held vessel's keel-laying / coin ceremony. The special event was attended by Glen Moroney (Scenic Tours' founder and chairman). He placed an Australian coin beneath the ship's keel - a right of passage for every newbuild, to bring good fortune to its passengers and crew.
On January 31, 2018, was the ship's launch (float-out ceremony) at Uljanik Shipyard. The delivery was scheduled for August 31, 2018, but due to the shipyard's financial issues was rescheduled for April 13, 2019. Sea trials were successfully completed on June 13, 2019.
Both Scenic Cruises yachts are built in Croatia - Eclipse 1 in Pula (Uljanik shipyard), Eclipse 2 in Rijeka (3 Maj Shipyard), The following YouTube video is a timelapse of the Scenic yachts construction process.
The ship's Captain is James Griffiths - British, former Captain of the superyacht Wind Star (Windstar) and National Geographic Explorer (NatGeo-Lindblad Expeditions). He has also served on 10 other ships (as Captain on 4 of them) and also worked for Cunard Line for 11 years - as Chief Officer of RMS Queen Mary 2.
In late-July 2019 was announced that the ship's godmother will be Helen Mirren (Dame Helen Lydia Mirren) - 1945-born English actress who won British Academy Film Award for Best Actress (1984, 1985, 2006, 2012), British Academy TV Award for Best Actress (1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 2003), Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress (1983, 2001, 2004, 2013) and Tony Award for Best Actress (1995, 2002, 2005), among others.
Vessel's official christening ceremony was held on September 10, 2019, in Port NYC (New York USA).
Since August 19, 2020, the vessel's crew managing company is Viking Crew (part of the Dover UK-based Viking Maritime Group Ltd). Viking Crew is responsible for the Scenic Eclipse 1 yacht's crew recruitment, management, deployment and placement, including the officers and staff-crew from the onboard Engine, Hotel and Deck departments. Viking Crew was also contracted for the crew management of the superyachts Scenic Eclipse 2 (2022) and Emerald Azzurra (2021).
Solar Eclipse Cruise 2021
For December 2021, Scenic planned a unique itinerary for the luxurious yacht Eclipse providing customers with the opportunity to view the total solar eclipse in Antarctica's archipelago South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands on December 4, 2021. The one-in-a-life-time total solar eclipse is only able to be viewed within a 50-mile land radius during an eclipse event.
The 20-day "Antarctica, South Georgia and Falkland Islands with Solar Eclipse" itinerary (November 21 through December 10, 2021, Argentina roundtrip from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia) had planned numerous onboard events and enrichment activities led by the ship's Discovery Team of 14 experts plus two former NASA scientists (the Arizona State University's astrologers Karen Knierman and Patrick Young) and Rachel Frances Gordon (astrological consultant and speaker).
Scenic Eclipse's Super Earlybird bookings received up to 20% discounts. Prices started from ~USD 1000 per day per passenger (with double occupancy). Follows the itinerary's schedule by day.
- Day 1 (Buenos Aires hotel overnight)
- Day 2 (domestic flight from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia) boarding the cruise ship on November 23
- Day 3 (at sea)
- Days 4-5 (Falkland Islands)
- Day 6 (at sea)
- Days 7-8-9-10-11 (South Georgia Island)
- Day 12 (at sea)
- Days 13-14-15-16-17 (Antarctic Peninsula)
- Days 18-19 (at sea)
- Day 20 (Ushuaia) debarkation, domestic flight to Buenos Aires
As optional was offered a 6-night/7-day "Land Tour" package extension (Dec 10 through 17)
- Day 20 (flight from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires, hotel overnight)
- Day 21 (flight from Buenos Aires to Foz do Iguazu/Cataratas Airport, Brazil) to access Iguazu Falls
- Days 22-23-24 (Iguazu Falls), optional helicopter tour
- Day 24 (flight from Iguazu to Rio de Janeiro)
- Days 25-26 (Rio de Janeiro)
- Day 27 (transfer from the hotel to Rio de Janeiro Airport)
Antarctica 2020-2022 Itineraries
In December 2019, Scenic Cruises announced Eclipse ship's inaugural cruise to Antarctica by launching the program "Antarctica and The Americas 2020-2022" and introducing new escorted land tours (each with max capacity 20 tourists).
Next are listed program's Antarctica itineraries, with prices per person (Verandah Suite double-occupancy cabin rates).
- 8-day (March 5, 2020, themed "Taste of Argentina and Brazil") with fares from GBP 14,930 pp
- 9-day (November 8, 2020, themed "Patagonian Adventure") with fares from GBP 16,565 pp
- 7-day (October 4, 2020, themed "Costa Rica Nature and Wildlife") with fares from GBP 9,905 pp
- 11-day (October 9, 2020, themed "Highlights of Peru") with fares from GBP 10,905 pp
- 18-22-day (January 30, 2021, themed "Highlights of Peru with Galapagos and Amazon Cruising") with fares from GBP 23,245 pp
- 16-day (February 15, 2022, Antarctica) with fares from GBP 10,780 pp
- 11-day (February 18, 2022, themed "Highlights of Peru") with fares from GBP 14,640 pp
Early bookings received as complimentary upgrades and bonuses:
- Free Fight (business-class) - select itineraries
- Free Door-to-Door car transfers (all itineraries)
- 10% Earlybird Discount
- GBP 500 Early Payment Discount (bookings payed in full by December 31, 2019).
Inaugural itineraries 2018-2019
The following tables show ship's inaugural cruise itineraries by destination, with indicative prices per person (lowest category cabin rates in USD). Unfortunately, megayacht's planned delivery dates (August 2018, January 2019, April 2019) were re-scheduled (the last time - for August 15, 2019). All bookings received full refunds. Rebooked deals received 25% future booking discount (based on rebooked cruise cost).
(2018) 13-day Inaugural Transatlantic cruise from Barcelona to Miami (prices from USD 7340 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|22 Sep||Departing from Barcelona, Spain|
|23 Sep||At Sea|
|24 Sep||Gibraltar, UK|
|25 Sep - 03 Oct||At Sea|
|04 Oct||Nassau, Bahamas|
|05 Oct||Arriving in Miami, Florida|
(2018) 13-day Inaugural Caribbean cruise to Cuba roundtrip from Miami (prices from USD 11800 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|18 Oct||Departing from Miami, Florida|
|20 Oct - 21 Oct||Havana, Cuba (Overnight)|
|22 Oct||Maria la Gorda, Cuba|
|23 Oct||Isla de la Juventud, Cuba|
|24 Oct||Cayo Largo del Sur, Cuba|
|25 Oct||Cienfuegos, Cuba|
|26 Oct||Casilda, Cuba|
|27 Oct||At Sea|
|28 Oct||Santiago de Cuba|
|28 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Alejandro de Humboldt National Park, Cuba|
|29-30 Oct||At Sea|
|31 Oct||Arriving in Miami, Florida|
(2018) 13-day Inaugural South American cruise from Valparaiso to Ushuaia (prices from USD 9800 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|22 Nov||Departing from Valparaiso-Santiago, Chile|
|24 Nov - 25 Nov||Valdivia, Chile (Overnight)|
|26-27-28 Nov||Chilean Fjords, Patagonia|
|29 Nov||Puerto Natales, Chile|
|30 Nov - 01-02 Dec||At Sea|
|03 Dec||Port Stanley, East Falkland Island|
|04 Dec||West Point Island, Falklands|
|05 Dec||At Sea|
|06 Dec||Arriving in Ushuaia, Argentina|
(2018) 20-day Inaugural Antarctica, cruise to South Georgia and Falkland Islands (prices from USD 24800 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|16 Dec||Departing from Ushuaia, Argentina|
|18 Dec||At Sea|
|19 Dec - 20 Dec||Falkland Islands (Overnight)|
|20 Dec||Falkland Islands|
|21 Dec - 23 Dec||At Sea|
|24-25-26-27 Dec||South Georgia Island, British Antarctica|
|28 Dec - 30 Dec||At Sea|
|31 Dec - 01-02-03 Jan||Antarctic Peninsula, Antarctica|
|04 Jan - 05 Jan||At Sea|
|06 Jan||Arriving in Ushuaia, Argentina|
(2019) 14-day, Inaugural Mediterranean cruise from Istanbul to Venice (prices from USD 9850 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|26 Apr||Departing from Istanbul, Turkey|
|28 Apr||Gallipoli Peninsula|
|29 Apr||Bozcaada Island, Turkey|
|30 Apr||Kusadasi-Ephesus, Turkey|
|01 May||Rhodes Island, Greece|
|02 May||Heraklion, Crete Greece|
|03 May||Santorini Island, Greece|
|04 May||Piraeus-Athens, Greece|
|05 May||Preveza, Greece|
|06 May||Kotor, Montenegro|
|07 May - 08 May||Dubrovnik, Croatia (Overnight)|
|09 May - 10 May||Split, Croatia (Overnight)|
|11 May||Arriving in Venice, Italy|
(2019) 10-day Inaugural British Isles cruise from Dublin to Bergen (prices from USD 6600 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|28 Jun||Departing from Dublin, Ireland|
|30 Jun||Isle of Man, Douglas, UK|
|01 Jul||Belfast, Northern Ireland|
|02 Jul||Isle of Iona, Scotland|
|03 Jul||Isle of Mull, Tobermory, Scotland|
|04 Jul||Isle of Canna, Scotland|
|05 Jul||Stornoway, Isle of Lewis and Harris, Scotland|
|06 Jul||Stromness, Orkney Island, Scotland|
|07-08 Jul||Lerwick, Shetland Island, Scotland|
|09 Jul||Arriving in Bergen, Norway|
Next table shows the inaugural cruise (maiden voyage) from Iceland to Canada, with prices from ~USD 8650 pp.
2 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Quebec City Reykjavik$8635
|Date / Time||Port|
|Date / Time||Port|
|15 Aug||Departing from Reykjavik, Iceland|
|16 Aug||Snaefellsnes Peninsula, Iceland|
|18 Aug||Skjoldungen Island, Greenland|
|19 Aug||Nanortalik, Greenland|
|22 Aug||L'Anse aux Meadows, Newfoundland Canada|
|23 Aug||Battle Harbour, Labrador Canada|
|24 Aug||St Lawrence Seaway|
|25 Aug||Havre-Saint-Pierre, Quebec Canada|
|26 Aug||Tadoussac, Quebec Canada|
|27 Aug||Arriving in Quebec City, Canada|
Scenic Eclipse User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review